Old 09-25-2011, 05:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

Default 7 day blitz

Hello lovely ladies i'm looking for ideas and advice.

My darling BF is off to America from tuesday for 10 days and while he is gone i want to try to do something like a 7 day "blitz" where i would consume about 1200 one day/1000 the next for the 7 days (may go for 9 days but ill see how it goes) and do at least 30 mins cardio every day plus some weight training (rather than every other day as i'm currently doing).
It is based on a plan by diet and fitness magazine however, i was going to incorporate the special K 2 week challenge (but just for the 7 days) which is cereal for breakfast and 1 other meal and then a proper balanced meal for the other. The special K method would help me stay within calorie allowances especially on the 1000 calorie days which will be tough.

At the moment i eat about 1500 a day give or take 100. Do you ladies think this is a good idea and will have some kind of results (been kinda half arsed lately and feel i need a swift kick up the backside and the magazine "promises" 7lbs lost). I dont expect to lose the 7lbs as ive been at this game for a while but 3-4 would be nice.

If i go the special K route ill obviously be taking the "proper" meal to work with me for lunch to avoid the questions on why i was having cereal for lunch so i will need some ideas on what to take.
Unfortunately we aren't allowed a microwave or toaster or anything at work (health and safety....... yeah right they just want us all buying from the canteen!) so basically i only have hot water at work. Normally i take a nice salad with me but if i do this plan then i fear my 200 calorie (mostly from the meat) salad just wont cut it. I would be allowing 400 calories for this meal on 1200 cal days and 350 cals on 1000 days. Could possibly go a bit more but i want to have a morning and afternoon snack so i don't feel ravenous. All the meal ideas in the magazine really need to be eaten hot so they wont be much use.

So ladies any thoughts/feelings? Has anyone done some thing similar?
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:07 AM   #2  

Forgot to say if anyone would like to join me and we could support each other that would be awesome!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 09:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

I'm all for you staying motivated to be on plan for 7 consecutive days and working out but I don't think the eating you outlined above is healthy. Why not lower to 1300 or 1400 cals/day if you're not happy with 1500? Also, I don't think the Special K diet is anything more than a marketing ploy. There is no way eating all those carbs can be healthful. You'll have the best chance of keeping the weight off if you lose it slowly and on a plan you can stick with.

P.S. I looked at the Special K challenge on their website and while I still don't think it's a good idea, it's nowhere near as restrictive as what you outlined. Like, you are encouraged to eat vegetables.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #4  

the calorie limits are set by the plan in diet and fitness magazine. Obviously i can eat a LOT of fruit and veg and stay within those limits.

I've been at this game all year and so far have only lost about 16lbs. 1 week of hard work wont kill me and afterwards ill go back to what im doing now.