Old 09-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: S/C/G --- 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs down Hypothyroidism

I have it.

A couple weeks ago I went to the Dr because I have frequent headaches. My follow up visit was Wed the 13th.
Most of the things she checked came back just fine. But my Thyroid is "way way off" she said. Along with my Vit D.
We get very little sun around here and she was almost expecting it to be low. I'm hopeful that once my body has
adjusted to the Thyroid meds that I can lose weight and keep it off! I feel better knowing that during my struggle it
is not just my eating habits (which are healthy) or my somewhat lack of working out, but my body working against
itself. I'm excited about feeling better, and I tear up with happiness and eagerness to be rid of these headaches and
feeling so lethargic!

Anyone around here affected by this?
KellyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207(pregnancy high)/164/150

Height: 5'5

Kelly - I have hypothyroidism too. I was diagnosed about eight years ago. I wasn't overweight then, but I was exhausted all the time. I would go to work and come home to take a 4 hour nap, eat dinner and go back go bed. I thought I was losing my mind. After getting on Synthroid I felt better about 3 months later. It just depends on how high your TSH is to start with. I feel best when mine is around 0.5-1. If your doctor is comfortable running it that low, you may want to find an endocrinologist, as though are the new recommended numbers. Just remember to take your Synthroid on an empty stomach - I take mine as soon as I wake up. Good luck, hope you feel better soon!
runmerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #3  

I have a few friends with some sort of thyroid problem. My good friend had it removed all together (shes 24 years old) and she is doing fine without it (she is still very skinny) . When you find the right amount of replacement hormones it's going to be a lot easier for your body to find balance and shed the pounds. I wish you good luck!!
khat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: S/C/G --- 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

I forget exactly what my number was she told me. I have an alarm set on my phone for 6:30a so I don't forget to take it. I'm seriously hoping that I am not do not have a super hard time with this as I know now that many people have a issue keeping the levels where they should be. Here's hoping! The one thing I am def looking forward to is the energy to work out and be able to have some control over my weight. I'm not super super heavy, but I no need to lose a good 80 lbs to be in the 'normal' category. I'm excited about feeling better and no more headaches!!
KellyAF is offline   Reply With Quote