Old 08-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #46  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

munster- 5 half marathons! Thats crazy talk. I've done quite a few 10ks and they are a bit grueling on their own, let alone 20 odd km. I really got to get my *** into gewar though, because the first part goes over the harbour bridge and if you are too slow they pick you up in a bus because they need to reopen the bridge to traffic xD
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #47  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

So...munster...I got Insanity for after my half marathon - I thought since it'll be November time the weather will be too cold/wet to run in, so why not do Insanity for a few months? I just sat here watching a bit of it and I nearly cried with how hard it looks. JESUS ICE SKATING CHRIST! I can see why you hate Shaun T so much!! HOW DO YOU DO THIS?! Do you stick to the diet plan too?
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Mkay, I'm back. I made it through the carb craze. Woof!

Before I fill you in on my thoughts/etc, I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone! It's so good to know that I can share this stuff and not be judged. Despite the fact that my weight is not budging, I feel like I'm doing the hard work of figuring out they why's and the ways to change my habits. So, hugs to all!

Well, I'm back to writing down my calories. I ran to the gym last night, took a strength class, and then ran home. Slept like a baby last night, that's for sure! If the clouds clear today, I'm headed to the beach with some buddies. If not, there will be some other activities indoors. I'm off to get my 5 mile run in now, so that way I can get through the day knowing that I've done something good for myself, and that I'm on track with my training plan. I will try my darndest today to focus on the good company of friends, laughter, and being happy, and not on food and overindulging.

Lastly, I think that this week when I go food shopping, I will be attempting what some of you suggested. I'm going to skip buying bread and a few other items that I find myself wanting to mindlessly eat, and instead will load up on primarily fruit, vegetables, and beans/lentils. Like bamagirl said, it's much less damaging to overeat fruit than it is to overeat bread.

I'm letting go of last week's bad choices. It's over. Today is new, and with each food and exercise decision, I have the power to make positive change, no matter how small that change is.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! hahaha.

Munstermommy—Awwww, that is the best story ever!! I hope someday I can find someone like that. Simply amazing. You might be on to something with the bread scenario. I may try an experiment this week, and not buy any. PS—Your abs look AMAZING!! Be so proud of your hard work!

Bamagirl—Congrats on the Size M, that’s awesome! Glad school is going well. Hopefully those students aren’t *too* hormonal. I’m going to try what you suggested this week. I’m going to skip buying bread, and instead go for fruits and veggies only. If that’s what I’ve got to do to break this cycle, I’ll do it. Thanks for the help

KimL— Ahhh, so I’m not crazy! I’ll start incorporating that practice, I think. Worst case scenario, I’ll have fabulous teeth. Hahahaha . BOO to the doctor’s poking and prodding! I hope they can figure out what’s going on soon. I’d say even just starting with some gentle walking and letting your thoughts roll where they may, will improve how you feel and get you started on your journey. Keep us posted!

Kawaii
—Awww, I hate wacky mood swings. Did it pass? Sometimes there’s no explanation, and I just have to accept that I’m a crabass that day and take care of myself. No shame in that! Do you love your Kindle?? Let us know how you like Low Carb!

Luvja—Great job getting back to the gym!

Sgregg—OoO what are the recipes? I’m intrigued! I also love finding good fresh veggies, especially at the farmer’s market, etc. So good! I agree, it’s a sign that we’re growing up. Making anything special with them? I’ll have to try the straw thing with my water… I am just not doing well with that. I think I’ll be avoiding ALL snack foods in the near future. Bring on the H20! :-p

Rainbow—It’s ok, hang in there!

Riestrella—Yaaaaaaay for your loss!! You are doing SO great, and with the running too! I have a hard time with strength training as well, so I go to gym classes for that. It ends up being like a group personal training session, with the right teacher. I work 10x as hard as I would if I were alone. I highly recommend it! As for the job thing, I’m sure it will all fall into place when it gets closer. You’ve got lots of time to plan. I’m definitely stocking up on gum tomorrow… hehehehe. Good luck w/ Insanity! It scaaaares me…. PS- Colorado = One of my top 10 favorite areas of the US. It will be freakin’ BEYOND scenic in the wintertime. You gotta do it!!

Icon—Hey, long time no see! That's so weird that it's snowy where you are. It’s 84F, here :-p Glad you got home safe!

HotHealthy—I am so sorry that they are so strict like that! What a pain. It sounds like you’ve got a good perspective on it, though. As for the binge eating, you are NOT alone!! I am right there with you. My 500 calories spiraled into a full 24 hrs of mindless carb-hoovering, and left me feeling sad and like I have zero self control. I regularly eat for comfort, and I struggle with it every day. In fact, I think I’ve been this way my whole life. I intend to work at it every day, for as long as I have to. I’m back to calorie counting and writing down what I’m eating, and the scale showed the damage this morning. It is what it is. All I can do is try anything and everything to find a way to stop and think BEFORE I act. Anyway, we can help each other through the tough moments. I’m here for ya! Thank you for the supportive words.

Happy Saturday, gals!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Okay, girls, I gotta make this quick! Spending an hour in on the computer in the mornings is hindering me from doing stuff that needs to be done. LOL!

FPSJ - Yes, definitely try the straw...works WONDERS for me! And I will PM the links to the recipes...they are actually REALLY good. Tried another one last night...VERY yummy! And I think I'm just going to cook the veggies by themselves. I love roasted okra so I think that's what I'm going to do with that.

Dang! Baby girl is awake! I'll have to finish later.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 210ish/192.2/150

Haha sgregg! That's how I feel too! It takes me awhile to do these posts so I'm gonna try to make it short and sweet today! And I was sore for 2 days after my first attempt at the 30DS. My arms and chest muscles hurt so bad! I knew I couldn't attempt it the next day so I took a break from it and waited til the day after I think. That time I used it was much better though. Gonna try to get it out again today. I'm taking it kinda slowly and trying to work my way up to where I use it every day in conjunction with the 2 miles (at least) I walk.

FPSJ: Thanks! And yeah, I find that I'm enjoying high school. The kids are great and a lot of fun to talk to. Sounds like you're doing great on the workouts! And you're right...today's a new day. And sometimes it helps to start out with little small changes at a time. Hope the fruit thing works out for you. Keep us posted. And have fun at the beach today! I'm so jealous...I wanna go to the beach....*sigh*

munster: After all of your hard work, I'm sure the scale will be nice to you on Sunday. And even if it stays the same, girl, your stomach is flat! You're in shape and lookin' good! Doesn't matter what the scale says! (haha...I say this to you and then gripe when my scale doesn't move...believe me I understand the importance of that stupid number on the stupid scale )

HH4L: Sorry to hear about your driving test As for the driving test here, it really depends on which trooper gives you the test. Some are easier than others. As far as Alabama/America in general, I'm not sure they make the driving test tough enough cause I see a whole lot of idiots on the road that I wonder how they ever passed the test in the first place! Plus, and I would've hated this if someone had said it when I was at that age, but I'm kinda skeptical that 16 yr olds are even responsible enough to have their drivers licenses. Well about 90% of them anyway. Good for you that you didn't binge though! I'd say that's a NSV!!!

iconised: Glad to hear you had a good time on your longer than expected vacation. And yeah, I definitely think there are times that its ok to let go and not have to think about everything you put in your mouth...especially on vacation!

Rie: My scales are being stubborn too! Here's to hoping they move for both of us! Sorry that you miss your bf...I can see how seeing couples would be somewhat depressing. I'm on a "I hate men" kick right now so I'm not goin through the same thing at this pt...but I know where you're coming from! Hope everything gets better for you soon!

Kawaii: Maybe the low carb will work for you...I know that anytime I've decided to limit my intake of carbs, the scales have gone down. I just can't continue it all the time cause I love them so much! Have fun in Tokyo and happy birthday!

As for me, well the stupid scales were stuck at the same weight for 4 days straight. Once again not a gain or loss of even 1/10 of a lb. But last night I went out to eat with a friend and then went to the drive in movies...and I ate a Reese's cup. I know...that's an ugly word to say on here! I won't even let myself think that word normally! Anyway got on the scale this morning and I was up 2.4 lbs...in one day! I know one (or two actually) freaking Reese's cup didn't do that to me so I'm chalking it up to water weight. I plan to exercise even more today and up my intake of water. The last time my weight jumped up like this, it was lower than it had been before afterward so I'm hoping to follow the same pattern!

Good luck everyone and hope y'all have a good weekend!
bamagirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #51  

Okay, I'm back for now. Trying to eat some lunch while DD is taking her nap.

Bama...my thighs are what hurt me the most. I may attempt it today too since my friend (who borrowed it) brought it back to me today. She got on to me and said she bought her own copy so I could do mine so I better do it! Haha!

munster...hope you have a good weigh-in tomorrow! Don't let it get you down if it isn't what you want though. You are looking GREAT! I've been looking at some Toshiba's online. I plan on going to BestBuy today to see what they have in stock.

HH4L...sorry about your driving test.

Riestrella...thanks for the laptop info. I think I'm going to bestbuy tonight to do a little shopping.

Kawaii...good luck on the carb counting! Maybe it will be good for you. And Happy Birthday!
Old 08-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #52  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Good Saturday Ladies!

Oh Lovely Saturday!!!!!!!! Hehe, I love the weekends, because that means help for me with the LOs lol! Hubby and I took the kids to the gym this morning (which wasn't as good as usual, my assistant coach called when I was doing cardio so I didn't burn as much , oh well) and hubby and DS are getting ready to go to the water park! YAY that means peace and quiet with baby girl for me woohoo! Still have to get Insanity in for the day, and I need alittle motivation to stay OP with eating, the last week I think I have been eating more because I feel like I work so hard but I'm afraid the scale wont' go down, so I need help sticking to the cal allowance! Put on some pre preggo jeans yesterday which were EXTREMELY tight 2 months ago which now go on easily and button easily (my size 28, I have some 27s I am hoping to get into after this round of Insanity) so NSV!!!!!!!!!! I hope we all have a good end to the weekend, and crossing fingers for everyone who has to weigh in (including me lol!)

Icon-OMG I laughed so hard at that post about the bus I almost wet my pants lol! That would soooooooooo suck! The last half I did was nuts-the weather went crazy and there were 45 mile an hour winds and the trail went along a cliff over the ocean...waves crashing and getting you all wet, etc. then the rest was on a horse trail (mud and gravel NOT okay) and it was terrible. I told my hubby I was taking a break from anything over a 10k after that lol since that is hard enough! You are right, 10k is a good, tough thing and halfs are just crazy haha!

Rie-HAHAHA, OMG I know right!!!??? Whew that made me crack up so hard! It is completely ridiculous. The only thing I can say is that I literally had to force myself to move each day the first week. You can't "take a day off" because otherwise you will never finish it. You have to stick with it each day, even if you literally feel like you are going to die. I swear it gets easier by the third week, and then the second month starts and it is even harder than when you first started! BUT, if you stick with it you will see results and yes I do the diet plan (modified with foods I have on hand but the cals/protein/carb/fat stuff I do). YAY you can do it! I am excited for you I promise you won't regret it!!!!!!!!! That made my day to have another person decide to try it! You will do great with marathon training and then Insanity will switch it up, you will be at goal and ripped as all get out!

FPSJ
-Good call on the fruit/no bread thing. Seriously I am the carb queen and it never fails I will eat it if it is in the house! So good thinking there! Yay for the beach! Oh I wish I lived closer to it, it's so nice and temperate all year long the beaches near to wear I live. So have a great time! You can conquer this, just keep chipping away! Thanks for the hubby comments, he is amazing and I love him . Thanks too for the kind ab words, it feels nice to have things going back into place after 4 years of kids haha!

Bama-Haha I know I always tell myself, rely on measurements not the scale. Doesn't matter I want that d*** number to move down grrrrrrrrr! LOL! Still, I appreciate that things are looking better and I know I am working hard, but I so want to be at goal and have my body looking good THERE. LOL! So impatient but what can you do? LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA on the Reese's Cup, I LOVE THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are so very very yummy lol. Good call on the water intake and stuff I am sure you will be back down soon!

sgregg
-Thanks! And I would totally look into the Toshiba's they have some really great ones that are fantastic and they have really good harman/kardon speakers and I just love mine! I hope you find something that you like that will be a great thing to post with lol!

Okay DD will be up in a few minutes from morning nap, so I had better get going! Hope the weekend ends well, and praying for a good weigh in tomorrow! Thanks ladies!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #53  

sgregg I second the vote for the Toshibas. My last 2 (laptop) computers were Toshibas, and I've loved them. I had a Dell desktop and was thoroughly unimpressed with it. I don't think I had many problems with it until I started moving it around from here to there during college but I know I paid WAY too much for it. The first Toshiba I got during the day after Thanksgiving sale so I paid around $400 for it and it lasted a little over 3 years--I'm pretty rough on computers, I'll tell ya. Then the one I have now I bought online a little earlier this year on geeks.com I think and I paid around $350 for it. It had awesome specs and hasn't given me any problems.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #54  

Height: 5'9''

I live in Serbia and we have a totally different system for getting a driving licence. First, you need to be over 18 (I'm 19). You have a theoretical test (rules of traffic, first aid and some car mechanics) and the practical part where you first have to do some basic things - starting the car, first speed, second speed (car with a stick shift is the norm here) , driving backwards, a full turn following a line and the last part is parking between two cars, going backwards, and if you pass that than you go for a city drive and the policeman,your driving instructor and a third, unknown person are in the car with the candidate. And than, if you pass all those parts, you must drive only during daylight and with an experienced driver (who has his licence for over 5 years) for a year, and after that you finally get your driving licence. It's a pain in the *** procedure.

Sorry about off topic-ing

And thank you everyone

Last edited by hotHealthy4life; 08-20-2011 at 02:07 PM.
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #55  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

HH4Life-Ew, what an involved process! LOL maybe that is why in the US we have so many AWFUL drivers haha! I took my driver's test a few weeks after my 16th bday and it lasted all of about 20 minutes lol (the practical part anyway) and then there was the written test. Man that is a serious bummer! You can do it though! Keep working and next time you will get that license!

Last edited by munstermommy; 08-20-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #56  

Bama and Munster, I got a Toshiba. It's smaller than what I really wanted, but I think it will just take me a minute to get used to it. I'm still getting used to the touchpad. It's already driving me crazy!...GRRR! I can't figure out how to adjust the sensitivity of it. The bottom of my thumb keeps hitting it when I go to use it and then it makes the screen zoom in and out. Anyway, like I said, I will just have to get used to it.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #57  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

sgregg-YAY u will love it I am sure! woohoo for new toys lol!
Old 08-21-2011, 01:28 AM   #58  

lol I know just what you mean! I had to turn that zoom in and out thing off...I wasn't even sure how I was doing it really...it annoyed the piss out of me til I fixed it though!
Old 08-21-2011, 02:19 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

The following personals may backtrack over previous posts because I'm trying to catch up with everyone, so apologies if you can't remember saying whatever I'm responding to haha.

chantistars Snacks are way too addicting...I think I would have trouble if I were in a country with more appealing snacks than here, I feel like being in New Zealand I'm a least a little safer!

riestrella It's great that you feel good about your loss, it's such a good feeling to be proud of what you've accomplished, and you deserve to feel that way because you've done so well so far and it can only get better! I feel you on the alcohol thing, I'm not so great at just having one drink, because as bad as it is, I also kind of only drink if I'm planning on getting tipsy and otherwise it just kind of seems like a waste of calories to me. Such a bad way to think about it...but I guess I'll grow out of it someday! As for getting rid of treats, I just can't do it. I need chocolate. I know I don't "need" it but I feel like I do haha. ~Glad to hear you had a good night out, and a few sodas aren't such a bad cheat! Congrats on the further loss!

FPSJ At least it was only bread and not something super fatty... I know it's not the best way to look at it, but I figure if I've gone over my calories on something mildly ok, I can look at it as slightly less bad than if it were say... french fries. I know the caloric value may be the same, and it's definitely flawed...but don't beat yourself up too much. You're doing great and your exercise is super commendable!! As for the apathy monster and restarting the motivation/commitment fire...I'm still not there. It's so hard with this damn weekend habit I've gotten myself into! The beach sounds good, I hope you got to go! Your plan sounds great too, and you stick to your plan, sounds super healthy with the lentils and stuff!

munster Sorry about your bad day the other day but it's good you can look back on it and have a laugh...I do the same sometimes, get so grumpy at the time and then realise I've been kind of silly. And congrats on the NSV with the running! That's awesome! As for me, I wish what I have to lose was as tiny as it seems...to me that 6 kilograms (13 pounds) just seems so huge...and then another silly thing I keep thinking is that I'm kind of comfortable here, and I've bought a whole bunch of clothes..and I know that 6kg will have me down another size at least, which is worrying because even now I'm wearing anywhere from an 8 to a 12 (sizing in NZ is different to US) and most shops only stock from 8 up... so I'm worried I won't be able to find things to fit. I know I shouldn't worry or let that stop me, but in a way it kind of is...ultimately I know all I'm doing is making excuses, but it's easy to do that sometimes right...hah. Oh and by the way, your pics look AMAZING. I envy your stomach in both pictures funnily enough! I feel like I'll always have a hanging stomach regardless of how much I lose because that skin has been there so long. Go you with all the exercise, you're doing so good! And yay for being so close to a healthy BMI, that is awesome!! Oh and congrats on the jeans fitting NSV! Sorry so many personals on different posts crammed into one!

bamagirl Welcome back, I know so well how it is when a new routine prevents you or leaves you not posting on here, I'm trying hard myself to keep myself on here for the inspiration and accountability!!

KimL You're right, I feel like at least being conscious is the first step to getting back on the right track, but in that same sentence, I've never been not conscious since I started up again last year....so I know I have to change something. Simply being conscious I guess is the first step...and the next step is getting my weekends under control because I'm pretty sure they're the main reason I'm maintaining and not losing (and getting dangerously close to gaining haha). Sorry to hear about your docs appointments, they don't sound like fun at all. I hope they can figure out what's wrong. I had a cervical biopsy late last year and it was agony, so I'm sorry to hear that the uterine one was that much worse! Sending good thoughts your way!

Kawaii Kindle! Hello Kitty pillow!! Hot guys! Birthday in Tokyo!!! You are living my dream haha. No seriously, I hope you have/had the best birthday weekend. I'm with you on becoming a recluse, but I just can't do it. After the working week, all I want to do is go out and make the most of my weekends! As for me being tiny... I do feel kind of small, but then other times I feel quite big. And I know that while I could happily maintain at this weight, I really should lose some more. I know I still have an unhealthy amount of stomach fat - I still have a pretty big hangy tummy that is not attractive, and I don't feel good naked, and that was one of my big goals.

sgregg Those low cal dinners sound good, care to share the recipes? Or did you just search by calorie content? Can you do that on allrecipes? I don't really get to cook for myself much since I live with my boyfriends parents, I feel like that is actually one of the other things standing in the way of me being in total control of my calorie intake - I am so looking forward to us moving out so that I can cook more and know exactly what I'm eating. As silly as it is with the start date, I'm actually going to make it September. I know that is a little silly...but I feel like I need to work up to it hah! Either that or I'll just make it tomorrow, that could work too! Also I recommend HP laptops!! I've had mine for nearly 3 years and I love it

Icon Hi! Enjoying the cold?

hothealthy Sorry abour your drivers license, that system sounds ridiculous - but I'm sure you'll do better next time!

~Phew. Sorry!! I know those personals were ridiculous, covering many posts...but I wanted to update properly because I said I would and I wanted to stick to that! I'm about to eat dinner, it's Sunday night. Dinner is healthy but the rest of the weekend wasn't that healthy... Friday night was pizza, fries, icecream, wine, vodka...oops. So much that I got home at 11.30pm and had stomach pains from being too full. That right there was not good. Saturday was a burger and fries and then mixed Thai entree for dinner..with satay sauce... and then wine later on and molten chocolate torte - SORRY I am just probably making people hungry by talking about food that is terrible! Today I ate nachos and a half a bran muffin.
This is what I mean by out of control weekends, and I feel like I need to start counting in the weekends properly. I'm going to start next weekend by at least counting the calories of what I eat/drink, even if it's not necessarily on plan stuff - that way I can hold myself accountable and see how much I'm consuming rather than half thinking about it and then trying to ignore it...
Maybe that will snap me into action.

I have a massage booked in for Tuesday which I'm really looking forward to, and I did some sketching today so art is finally reappearing into my life. Things are mostly looking good - I just need to get exercising and I feel like I'll feel a lot lot better. Tomorrow... is monday. I'm going to exercise after work, weather permitting. It will be the first time in months and I'm hoping I can stick to that goal.

Alright, dinner. Grilled chicken tenderloins, boiled red potatoes, steamed veges. Sunday night. Good food. I can do this.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:05 AM   #60  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Rainbow- am totally over the cold! It must be spring soon right?? We've already booked our summer holiday xD Come oooooon summer. Massage sounds awesome. Weekends are so hard! I actually allow myself an extra few hundred calories on Sat/Sun, and try to be relatively low during the week. Dunno if that would work for you

HH4Life- oh god that sounds awfully complex! Here its like, you turn 15, do a scratch and see test (kinda like those gambling scratch cards you can get), pass- you can drive with someone else who has their licence. Do practical test, get restricted (can drive in certain times of day alone). Do 2nd practical test, dont kill anyone, you are set loose on the world.

munster- it is true! Imagine how humiliating that would be! It would only be funny if it wasnt you xD I feel you running through mud, did some 10ks this year and that was the worst thing about them. Run around a rugby field in winter? No thanks. It was more a wade than a run

fatpants- enjoy the heat while you can, im sure its warming up here! Apparently its 11 degrees C at about 8pm right now, which beats the -6 we were at down south >.<

Had a relatively successful day. Made some plans for presenting my thesis on tuesday (which i thought i had a week to prepare for and then got stuck in the snow), went food shopping and grabbed a cooked chicken for dinner- really good, I think I might never cook again! Trying to get my head around going back to work tomorrow.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote