3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   ~**~ Weekly Chat - week of august 15th to 21st ~**~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/240876-%7E%2A%2A%7E-weekly-chat-week-august-15th-21st-%7E%2A%2A%7E.html)

KawaiiCandie 08-15-2011 12:54 AM

~**~ Weekly Chat - week of august 15th to 21st ~**~

Morning girls!!

actually, it’s afternoon here :p I’m bringing in some personals over from the last thread, but first, here’s my little personal bit.

so I had an unexpectedly fabulous weekend with my friend in Shizuoka. I stayed over there on both Friday and Saturday night, and met some of the new JETs who just arrived two weeks ago and are still in their “omg-wow-japan” phase and it was funny. met some cool people. went out clubbing an I actually met a NICE guy. (omg, if you guys don’t know me, I am the queen of hot-jerk-boys magnet… it’s terrible…) and then we went out for coffee the next day and he is totally smitten with me… lol. and THEN I came home and this OTHER guy I was seeing before, who had f*cking vanished on me, made a sudden reappearance and was like “let’s go to dinner!” so I went out to eat with him and it was lovely (I tried to be mad at him but failed). anyways, food wise, I was actually VERY GOOD for most of the weekend, because actually the friend I was staying with is dieting too!!! my only fail was pretty much on Sunday cuz there was bread stuff, lots of sweet coffee, ice cream, and then okonomiyaki for dinner with the boy (which was amazingly delicious but probably super high in calories…) actually, I couldn’t even finish my plate at dinner cuz I was full… nsv? maybe. my scale doesn’t think so though, cuz this morning I was back to 80.0kg… *sigh* oh well. can’t let it bring me down, eh? I have to get right back into my workouts tonight to… so don’t wanna… lol!

wish everyone will be having a good week!! it’s “obon” in Japan now, which means that about 80% of all Japanese people are on holiday, and there is nobody in the staffroom, and one of the other two teachers who are here with me at the moment is currently sleeping on his desk. lol. Tough work week ahead. :p

FPSJ: i hear you on trying to balance social life and dieting girl!!!! it sucks!! but hang in there! and I did have a super fun time last weekend, thanks! ;)

bamagirl: weight fluctuations just suck, period :p but lost inches = awesomeness!!! :D

HH4L: ha! I didn’t know you were in Europe! then yes, in that case Inglot would be cheaper than MAC ;) back home in Canada they are about the same, and MAC is very affordable! good luck starting again though! sorry to hear about the bad pictures and hives.. it’s the worst! hope it clears up quick!

munster: yay for not eating any party food on Friday! you are so much stronger than me… lol! ooh, and congrats on finishing your first round of insanity! that’s great! hahahaha… so awesome that you could show up your man at the gym! lol.

Melissa: congrats on the loss! 30DS is awesome… I hate it too! lol. although I find the stretching period very inadequate… so when I start doing it again the first time after a long period of no exercise, I always do extra stretches, otherwise I hurt all over for 2-3 days after like you did!

Jackie, hun, I’m sorry to hear that… I’m in the exact same situation though… just wanna chuck my scale at the wall!! lol.

sgregg: yay for girls night and birthdays!! sounds super fun. and of course, birthday calories don’t count :p .2lbs is definitely not bad!!

Riestrella, yay for socializing! being healthy is important but we can’t forget to live our lives either! hope to hear more from you this week!

I gotta say though, all you girls saying that 30DS is kicking your as$ so bad kinda make me feel better about myself! I mean, I don’t consider it easy or fun in anyways, but I can pretty much do all of it (the easy version). and I don’t consider myself very good at working out, so it kinda cheers me up a bit! :p

hotHealthy4life 08-15-2011 04:51 AM

Hey Kawaii you had an awesome weekend! :) Well,except from the scale part, but it'll get better :hug:

Well, I am down 1.8lbs of water weight since yesterday. Nothing else to say right now, but part of my plan is to log on 3FC every morning, see how everyone is doing and to keep me focused and motivated since morning!

sgregg 08-15-2011 09:16 AM

Good morning!

Kawaii...wow, with all the guys! Glad you had a good time with them both. :)

HH4L...checking in daily definitely helps me a lot. It makes me want to keep going because I know I have to report how I've been doing. Plus, reading everyone's plans, goals, NSV's, etc. really helps me keep going. I check the forum way too much during the day, but it helps keep my mind off of doing other things that would sabotage this weight loss.

missa...I have learned the most important thing after an intense workout is to make sure you get lots of stretching in. It will help release that acid that builds up while working out and you will be less sore. Also heard this from a football coach at the comm. college I was attending. I had a health class with him and we had a workout session for class one day.

bama...I don't have any upper body strength either. I hate pushups and jumping jacks. I have done the dvd before just not in a very long time. I'm hoping my friend doesn't kick my butt too hard. Maybe she'll go easy on me. Haha!

Well, it's back to the grind after my weekend of birthday pleasure. I probably got about 2 lbs of water weight that I need to get off. I started early with my water. Tomorrow is my weigh-in. I'm still the same as I was last Tuesday but I know it's water weight because I dropped before the weekend and then my weekend was all over the place. Lots of breads. Anyway, I'm going to start going to the gym Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm actually excited about it. I'm not excited about the drive over there though. It's about 15-17 miles away, but I figure 2 days a week won't be so bad. I have a friend going to watch the baby for me so I can go. I need to do this for myself and she's very willing to help me out and support me. I'm so thankful for that. Ok, I'm just rambling so I'm gonna get off here and get started on my day. I got lots of cleaning to do. Baby is down for nap #1, so maybe I can get some stuff done.

munstermommy 08-15-2011 01:25 PM

Good Morning Ladies!
So today was Day 1 of Insanity Round 2!!!!!! I haven't done any of the workouts from phase one for about a month now, and wow I can tell how much better shape I am in since I started phase 2! This workout still made me sweat and my heart rate was way up there, but I didn't have to stop in the middle of the circuits! I was able to go the whole time, and to do way more reps than the first time through! NSV NSV NSV NSV!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt amazing after that workout, and like I could go run a few miles no problem lol! I am super excited because I think this time I will be able to lose even a little more since I can push myself harder :). Got that in EARLY (6am, hubby was getting ready for work so might as well get it out of the way) so then had the LOs dressed, fed, and ready for the gym at 8am! Yay, got in 30 minutes of ARC/crazy stair machine and then did weights (I am adding in regular strength training 3x a week with this round) and now I am reveling in nap #1 haha! I hope we all have a great week, and that we all see a good loss! Let's do some great work this week ladies!

Kawaii-hahahahahahahahahaha don't you love how boys can't stay away from us? LOL that's so great that you have so much male attention coming your way ;). Keep working hard and keep up the great eating! That 80.0 will go down soon! Haha yea kicked hubby's butt that is always fun lol!

HH4Life-Keep posting, and keep it up I know that you are going to do really great! Let us know how it is going and we will help you stay on track!

sgregg-YAY nap #1 lol! How many naps does your baby take right now? Mine is 8 months and she does 2 naps, morning and afternoon. I can't wait until we move to 1 nap so that we can do more without having to come home for naptime lol! Keep up the water, that's awesome! I hope that you have a good time with naptimes today, I know I will enjoy the afternoon nap since hubby is back at work and the house will be quiet lol!

All right ladies, I hope we all have a great day and that everyone gets their water/diet/workouts in :). Let's get hot and healthy for the holiday season so everyone can envy our fabulousness lol!

hotHealthy4life 08-15-2011 02:56 PM

Sgregg, heheh yes I log 2-3 times a day aswell :) Glad you have a friend willing to help :)
Bama, a real push up seems Mission Impossible to me. I can barely do a few 3/4 push ups, and I'm not even sure if I'm getting low enough. Actually I could never do even 1 regular p-up even when I played basketball actively. So it'll be a huge NSV when I get there and I will!
Missa can't help you with the stretching, I actually hate stretching I just do a few basic moves, like for the calves and back of the legs and that's it. I don't follow the stretching part on a DVD.....I know it's bad! So, don't follow my example, stretch girl, stretch :)
And about 30DS...that is an awesome workout, but I wouldn't jump in it cold feet. I have done it before, when I was in better shape and weighed less. I'm not going to try again until I develope some endurance, and also it's high-impact, make sure your ankles and knees can handle it
Munster you started already? Thought you will take a week off, but woman, you are unstoppable! :D

As for me, everything is going smoothly. Diet was great, I sweated for 40mins (20min circuit/20min elliptical) I feel in the zone...So far, so good!
Thought about starting C25K but I think I'll postpone it. I planned getting up early so I could fit the running, breakfast and all the preparation before work, but I'm really not a morning person, so I'll just concentrate on doing my afternoon 45ish minute sessions. I'm not in a hurry so no need to push myself and be at risk to mentally burn out.... Slow and steady, but consistently!
It's 9 PM here, so I'll be in bed in 2-3 hours....I wish you all a good day!

sontaikle 08-15-2011 03:21 PM

KawaiiCandie, how is the JET program? I just finished my Master's in Childhood Ed and Special Ed and while I have a job lined up for the fall I've always wondered what the JET program was like.

I don't really know any Japanese (ok, none) but I know a friend that's going that knows very little as well and I guess that wasn't a problem for her :dizzy:

Going abroad again is a reward for myself for getting to goal weight. I'm so close so I should start looking into this! :D

munstermommy 08-15-2011 04:53 PM

HH4life-LOL I know I was going to give myself a week off, but I couldn't help it! I think I would miss yelling at Shaun T hehehehe :devil:. Plus, I am already awake early with hubby back at school (work, summer vacation is over :(). So I might as well burn some calories lol! Feels good though, and hoping those last lbs come off fast! Great job on the eating/exercise you are doing so great! I think that you will be at goal in no time with your consistency. Good job and have a great day!

FatPantsSkinnyJeans 08-15-2011 05:09 PM

Heyyyyyy

Another work weekend done. Ooof!

I had a few very minor deviations from the eating plan... overall, I think I did ok. Exercise is right on track. I was SooOoOo sore at fatigued from my long run on Friday... and that was just 8 miles, not even the full 13. Eek..

I'm still working on/practicing paying attention to hunger and fullness signals. I am still at a loss at how to break the association between relaxing/unwinding and eating... but, I think it's a good start to be aware of it and try to pay attention to it when it's happening and I'm overeating. My hope is that eventually I won't have to rely on measuring and counting food, and instead will be able to just STOP when I'm full. Hmph. Work in progress, right?

I got tons of healthy food at the grocery store on my way home this morning. Planning on a run with a friend and a Strength training class tonight.

I'm also working on a strategy to get me through a few social engagements this week. I should probably just keep it simple-- avoid drinking if possible, and stop eating when full. It never seems to work out that way, but I can at least set positive intentions and try my best.

Kawaii-- Sounds like you had a blast! Please teach me how to date. Hahahah. Seriously!! Any pointers?? I haven't been on a date in AGES!
Keep up the good work. :)

HotHealthy-- Nice job staying on track with the exercise!

sgregg-- Taking the time to workout and have personal time will totally be worth it. Like that saying goes, you can't take care of others well until you take care of yourself. You deserve it!

munstermommy
--Where do you get your energy!? I love it!! Being fabulous sounds... fabulous. :)

Alrighty, time to go get ready for the gym. I'll post in the morning after my weigh in!

-FPSJ

bamagirl28 08-15-2011 05:51 PM

Good afternoon, ladies! Today was the first day of school for students. Whew! Am I tired! It's been a long day! High school was very different from elementary school. I'm used to micromanaging on my first day...well everyday really. With elementary kids, I have to stand over them and show them how to wash their hands and where to put their books and I have to sit with them at lunch time and tell them to put their trays up. In high school, there's none of that. When its time to leave the lunch room, my kids--who are spread out all over---have to watch for me to leave to know its time to go back to class. lol Like I said...an adjustment! But it was fun...I think I'm gonna like the kids and the job.

As for weight loss, after I walked, did the 30DS, and walked again yesterday afternoon, I was down a lb this morning for my lowest weight yet! Ok maybe its water weight I lost but I was pretty happy about it! :D I plan on doing the 30DS this afternoon (after I recuperate from being on my feet all day) and possibly going walking before dark. We'll see!

Sounds like all of you are doing great...I'll come back later and write some personals. Gonna get up and move around now!

missamelissa 08-15-2011 06:14 PM

@Kawaii: You go sexy! That must have felt AWESOME! Go for it, girl! :-)

@HotHealthy: I totally agree. I have been logging on everyday since I came back. It is a huge motivator and holds me accountable.

@sgregg: Yay for supportive friends! You're right, you have to do it for you!

@munster: I have not heard on Insanity until the boards. What is it? What kind of exercise is invovled?

@sontaikle: Yay for going abroad! I spent 3 weeks in Paris, France and a weekend in London, England many years ago. I would love the chance to go back!

@FatPants: I know what you mean about the hunger association. When I come home from work, I would eat dinner... then a few hrs later I thought I was hungry again so I snacked. I am working on teaching myself when hunger is actual hunger and when it's boredom "hunger."

Well, I tried to start to C25K this morning but it did not go well. I only managed to jog for part of the allotted time. Oh well, I will try, try again.

I worked on unpacking my classroom (moved schools) and moved a lot of furniture around. I am not sure how many calories I burned doing that. According to myfitnesspal, it was a little more than 300. Hey, I'll take whatever I can get! My friends at work commented on how much energy I had. That felt really good. One of my friends is stick thin, but couldn't move some of the tables around. I was able to do it with little to no problem. She was like "Dang Melissa, I wish I had your energy!" I couldn't help but give myself a pat on the back!

I had a job interview this afternoon (for part time work after school) and they sent me for a drug test. Of course, I had JUST gone to the bathroom prior to the interview. I stayed at the Dr.'s office for an hr trying to get myself to go to the bathroom. I drank SO much water. The nurse actually told me to stop because I am not supposed to drink that much water that fast. I never heard this before, but I listened to her.

I am feeling really good today. My meals have been going well and I have kept up with my exercises. Tomorrow I am back in the classroom for more moving furniture and unpacking fun!

KawaiiCandie 08-15-2011 09:09 PM

Hey guys. I’m so depressed. This morning the scale said 81… 81 $%&”#@!! kilos!! wtf! That’s basically my starting weight, from a month ago. How is it that I am working so d@mn hard, and not losing any weight?! It just makes me wanna give up, you know? My weight just keeps going up and down between the same 2 kilos and I never actually see any (real) loss. I just don’t understand what I’m doing wrong because I’m doing all the things I should be doing (ok, last weekend I went off a bit food-wise, but not overboard and more like maintenance than gain...) and am seeing zero result. Why should I keep working my *** off if I can get the same exact results bingeing on donuts? *sigh* I know, I know... I don’t wanna give up, but it just sucks :( and seeing all you guys on here getting such amazing results just depresses me cuz i keep thinking “if they can do it, why can’t i??” *sigh*

anways…

HH4L:
do keep checking in! yeah, last weekend was really fun. I was surprised actually, I didn’t expect that! lol. and good job for getting your workout in!

sgregg: lol, I did! and dating is fun, but you know, I jealous of all you guys who have serious boyfriends or are married… I want something serious too!! :p good luck with your new gym endeavors! sounds promising! ;)

Munster, congrats on your nsv! that’s awesome. I was also thinking to myself yesterday when doing 30DS that it wasn’t as hard as it used to be… :p I am so impressed by your drive to get up early to do this though!

Sontaikle:
JET is good. you should do it for a year or two if you get the chance! I think it’s a really amazing experience and there are very very few people who regret their time here. and you don’t need to have any Japanese ability to come at all. I could barely speak when I first came! that would totally be an awesome goal-weight reward though, if you could come! (also, Japanese girls are SO skinny… coming here fat is just depressing… -_-)

FPSJ: yeah… it’s hard to stop associating “unwinding” with eating… but good job on keeping up those healthy habits! or at least trying to! :p dating pointers? ha! I have no idea what I’m doing that makes me so popular… I think it is a combination of being a big-boobed, blonde, blue-eyed girl in a land where everybody is dark, with black hair and brown eyes :p they just think I look like a celebrity… lol.

bamagirl: first day of school already?! that’s early! but moving around is good! I have an inkling that part of my not losing weight atm is due to the fact that I’m just sitting on my a$$ all day since it’s summer vacation… lol! that’s why I don’t like elementary! you’re always wiping noses and having to baby them… but with high schoolers, they are mini adults, so there’s none of that crap! :p

Melissa:
haha! thanks ;) eheh, yay for having more energy than your friend! ^_^ and that bathroom story made me giggle, haha… keep up the good mood and positive thinking!

rainbowstripe 08-16-2011 03:36 AM

Hey new faces and some old faces. I feel silly even posting any more because I'm always so terrible now at keeping updated. I've just had a read through of your posts this week and I am inspired...well...proud or something of how great you ladies are all doing at being committed. I am pretty terrible these days, and it's a wonder I haven't gained to be honest.

I need to get back on the proper counting and restricting calories thing, and exercise is something that I need to bring back too since it's been probably over 2 months since I did anything that properly counts, but I'm finding that motivation/commitment so hard. I count all the calories Monday morning to Friday mid day but then work finishes and I get into this bad weekend mode...I don't go all out crazy, but I definitely don't restrict as much as I should.

Anyway...I can't promise I'll be back posting regularly as my life is just kind of ridiculous right now. But I wanted to post once at least.

hotHealthy4life 08-16-2011 05:27 AM

FPSJ, wow, are you training for a marathon/ half marathon?
Well, eventually we'll have all have to learn to eat intuitively :) You'll get there!
Bamagirl congratulations! :carrot: Even a loss in water weight means you are heading that way!
Melissa yay for staying on plan!
Kawaii don't know what advice to give you....other than stay strong! Weight loss or not - eating healthy and exercising makes you FEEL BETTER, stronger and healthier than binging on doughnuts and stuff...

Well... I have some bad news, good news and great news! All are not-weight-related, but than again, weight and our body image is connected to everything else in life....
Bad news- a friend dissapointed me. Our friendship has been in crisis already, but I think now it's definitely over. But I will not stress about it. I did everything on my part, and about her being so disrespectful, well that's on her. F her.
Good news - I'll probably get a two week long job in October. I already got one this summer, and it's my first pay! Yay!
Great-awesome-can't believe it'll happen.... I might get a free trip to Spain!!! Some college students of an association I'm a part of will probably get the trip in order to promote collaboration of students. If this happens....I need to get some weight off before!

I started a blog as an additional accountability tool. I lost another water weight pound this morning. I will be busy the next few days but I will stay on plan with counting every morsel and exercising every day. I feel so motivated and strong!

FatPantsSkinnyJeans 08-16-2011 08:46 AM

Well.. no big gain, no big loss. Hmph!
I figured that would happen. Gotta get a grip on this food business.

I had a terrible time last night with my exercise class and run. I was sooooo tired, slow, and fatigued. But, I got it done, and that's what counts.

I've got a 5 miler to do today, and then all the usual day-off activities. Hoping to just stick to coffee when I meet up with a friend later this afternoon. This friend always wants to "indulge" and despite her own diet/weight loss, she likes to spend her time with me "cheating" (in her own words). This is upsetting for me, because when I suggest going for a walk or something, she never wants to. I'm gonna have to work on a way to communicate this to her, because I don't want it to damage our friendship.

Mkay... the sun is shining, the air is fresh, and the day is full of possibility.
I vow to move as much as I can, listen to my hunger/full signals, and ENJOY the day! :)

bamagirl
-- Happy to hear that school went well. High schoolers sound intimidating.. all those hormones... hahaha. Keep up the good work with the exercise and keep us posted!

missamelissa-- I agree, I'd rather be bigger and STRONG than skinny-fat! Way to go. :) Hope you have another great day today.

Kawaii-- I am stuck in the same rut. We are basically maintaining at the wrong weight! We've got to either a.) find a way to decrease our eating or b.) alter our exercise to jump start the metabolism. I know that for me, the issue is food. We are works in progress, though. But remember, our worth as people is NOT tied to our weight!! :hug:

Rainbow-- We miss ya! Things are getting a little nutty over here too, but I'm trying to keep posting because it reminds me not to totally go off the deep end. Being a 20-something is rough! hahaha

Hothealthy
-- I am so jealous of your trip! As for the friend thing, I believe that friendships that aren't good for us dissolve naturally.. So, it was meant to be. Keep the positive vibes flowing! (oh and to answer your question, yes, I am training for a 1/2 marathon.. which is making weight loss VERY difficult!)

Chat soon,
FPSJ

sgregg 08-16-2011 09:49 AM

Good morning, ladies! :)

Weigh-in day for me! I am down 2.8 lbs for the week! Woohoo!! :carrot:

FPSJ - hope you have an awesome on-plan day!!

HH4L - a free trip to Spain?!?! That's awesome!! And that's great news about the job too! And about the friend, it's so very sad to lose a friend, but if you have done everything on your part then maybe she wasn't such a good friend anyway. Hopefully she will realize one day what she's missing. :hug: Also, I will be reading your blog. ;) So, keep it going!! I blog too...which reminds me! I need to post for my weigh-in day.

rainbow - Welcome back! I'm a REALLY old face, but I don't remember you so maybe you were around when I was gone? Hope to hear your updates and get to know you better. :) BTW, I am a calorie counter too.

Kawaii - Aw. :hug: Hang in there, girl! Just keep in your mind the reason you are eating better and exercisng...to get healthy! That's my main focus this time around is trying to just get healthy and if I lose weight in the process then great. Of course, I'm way overweight and in the obese BMI right now, so I should be losing weight with healthier eating. But anyway, you can get through this. Don't give up! Your body NEEDS the good foods and exercise!

missa - What was the reason behind the nurse telling you not to guzzle the water? I'm just curious. And good for you for attempting C25K! I attempted it once...just once. Hahahaha!!

Bama - When I first started going to school I was working toward a secondary ed. degree. But then I changed majors to do elem. ed because I could get out of school sooner. The more I think about having to help elem. kids do everything, the more turned off I am. Haha! I'm really hoping to get older grades when I do go out and find a job, but I will have to take what I can get, unfortunately. I'm glad you enjoyed the high-schoolers. Maybe it will be a good year. :)

munster - Well, right now baby girl naps different times. I don't really keep up with it. Maybe I should start. Anyway, she usually catnaps all day and makes it where I can't get anything done (main reason I'm just focusing on healthy eating instead of exercise right now). Here lately, however, she seems to be taking a longer nap in the afternoons around lunch to about 2:30 or so. And then she just takes little naps after being up a good hour or 2. She eats every 3 hours since we really haven't started baby food yet. I tried her on some cereal the last few days. She doesn't care much for it.