Old 08-21-2011, 05:43 AM   #61  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello my beauties!

I lost 2 lbs this week WOOHOO! Success! I stayed on plan with my exercise and it paid off. Today is a 4 mile run, it's been raining heavily here which always sucks for my running plans because the route I take can get very muddy =(. But any other route doesn't feel as good, I love my normal route! But I will have to take a diversion since I don't want to break my leg and fall into the canal haha. The swans will peck me to death.

I'm going to book my holiday to visit the boyfriend in Colorado for the end of January. I'M DOIN THIS! I need to talk to the admin at work and see if I can get her on my side to let me go for that long and to be able to book this far in advance, but she's nice and she knows I'm in a long distance relationship so I'm hoping it works in my favour!

Yesterday was a day off, and I managed to watch films, play video games and even start to draw again. I loved drawing when I was a teen, and I was quite good at it, so it feels good to get back into it. I'll have to post a picture up when I'm done =).

---

FatPants - Sounds like you've turned your attitude around - I love it!! Sure, we all get those lows, but when you kick that in the behind and move forward there's nothing else like it. Remember that determination when you're shopping! And what training plan are you on? We seem to be both running our way to victory =p. The gym I go to doesn't have classes, it literally is just a room with machines in. But I'm poor, it's cheap, so I don't mind too much. I would love to be able to afford a "proper gym" membership - but alas I don't have the money!

sgregg - Is it running windows 7? Just search for "mouse" or "touchpad" in the search bar in the windows menu and the app should come up. I had adjust my sensitivity for the new mouse I got so now the touchpad is super slow!

bamagirl - Good luck with your exercising this week! Drink plenty of water =)

munster - I think on November 6th I better write my will. I think I will die. Shaun T will kill me...and hopefully my abs will be rippling when they find my body.

rainbowstripe - You CAN live without chocolate and you SHOULD! That's just an excuse you're making for yourself ;p. It should be once in a while treat not stacked away around you at all times! It's an addiction!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #62  

Height: 5'9''

Phew! Only a couple of hours and the weekend is finally over! Can't wait for it to end so I can go back on plan 100%. Weekends are so much harder than week days. I am planning to get a 40min workout and then get ready to go out with some friends. I will have fruit for a snack and tuna and some whole grain bread for dinner.
Hope everyone is having a great day!
I'll come for personals tonight
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Welp, beach fell through. There were violent thunderstorms instead. Oh well.

So, out to eat last night, and there were a few teeny tiny NSV's:

-I only had one piece of bread from the bread basket
-I had less than half of the appetizer, which I was splitting with another person
-I stopped eating my entree (which unfortunately was nowhere near healthy, but what can you do) when I was a tiny bit past full. Normally I eat until I am BURSTING!

I wanted dessert, so I got a small container of fat free sorbet on my way home, which was under 500 cals for the whole thing.

My error of the night was that I liked my leftovers so much that I ended up eating them later on.

Lesson learned: Do not bring leftovers home.

I feel incredibly bloaty from all the salt, but I'll be on that water today (with a straw, sgregg!) for sure!

I've got dinner plans with more friends tonight, and I have the same goal. Stop when full, no leftovers. I can do this.

Plan for today and for the week:

-I've decided I'm going to get back to walking to the grocery store (when time allows). This means that a.) I buy less, therefore I have less food to overeat b.) I get an extra few miles of walking in, and c.) I spend less money.

After my run today, that's my next chore.

-Not buying bread this week! Making an effort to stick to natural/whole foods (primarily fruit & veggies) with cheese sticks, less sugary yogurt, and cottage cheese for protein. Will only buy individually packaged ones to remind me of what a serving is supposed to be.

-Doing my longest run EVER on Friday... 9 miles! Yikes! If the sun stays out, I'm going to try again for a beach day.

-When working on my stressful work stuff/studying, I will make an effort to leave the house and go to the library to avoid stress eating. If time doesn't allow for that, I will not sit in the kitchen.

Whew! Lots of intentions. It helps me write them out.

bamagirl-- Good luck on the scale and with the water intake! You've got this.

munstermommy
--YAY for the jeans success! That's a much better indicator of changes in your body, anyway. GO YOU! Enjoy some downtime with that lovely husband of yours!

rainbowstripe--Welcome back! Your dinner tonight sounds perfect. Check in with us and let us know how exercise is going. I have the same issue-- I am not totally repulsed by my body, but it's not where I want it to be either. Hence the apathy. We've got to rediscover our motivation!

Icon--Brrrrr!! Chicken sounds delish. Hope stuff for thesis is going smoothly. Stay warm!

Riestrella
-- HIGH FIVE for the 2lb loss, so awesome! Vacation sounds splendid. To answer your question, I am training for a 1/2 marathon next month. Doing the Hal Higdon novice training plan. I'm nerrrrvouuussss!

hothealthy-- I agree. It's the only blessing I have, being stuck working weekends. I can avoid a bit of that. Even though I end up eating the treats my coworkers bring anyway, but still... in theory... hahahaha.

OK here I go. Have a great Sunday everyone!
-FPSJ
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #64  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies!

Sunday means church for our family! Yay! So the scale is a boo this morning . I was 156.8 last week and this week I am 156.2. Okay so half a pound but man serious bummer! I thought that was what would happen though, I hit the cereal boxes after dinner every night plus I am seriously bloated not too sure why but my rings are all tight and I can't take them off . I am going to guzzle even more water (I think that might be dangerous because I already drink 160+ oz a day!) since I work out so much now??? Oh well, maybe "cheat weigh" on Wednesday lol! Anyway hopefully you all have better luck with the scale this week than me haha!

Rainbow-Haha no worries on catching up! I am glad you are back! I think that you are just in a place right now where you ARE "comfortable" and that is a tough spot to be in. I know how that is. I got that way in between my two LOs, about 145 lbs. I was at healthy BMI and looked okay in my clothes, but not completely where I wanted to be. You will do it! Suddenly you will wake up one morning and know that today is the day and it will all get better I promise! Thanks for the kind words on the pics...I used to have abs and I want them back lol! Woohoo on the message, enjoy yourself sooooooo nice! Getting back on track on the weekends may help you during the week for sure, and might also help with your overall outlook? Keep posting, we will get you through this!

Icon-Yum I love precooked chicken lol! You can use them through the week too for healthy meals. OMG yes it would suck if it was you, and I would probably feel really bad for those people who were getting picked up at the time . LOL we just have to make sure that we aren't among those people lol! I am glad things are going well, keep it up!

Rie-I will pray for you I promise! You can put in your will that I have permission to go kick Shaun T in his finely sculpted a** for you haha! For sure though your abs will be rockin hehe! Yay on the 2 lb loss! Wow I am so excited for you that is awesome . Yay for the Colorado trip that is super exciting! I hope that you are able to convince your admin that you need the amount of time. You have so much going on that is so great right now you are on your way to a great healthy and happy life!

HH4Life-You can do it!

FPSJ-Yay on the NSVs it doesn't matter how "tiny" they are they are still victories! YOU CAN DO THE 9 MILE RUN NO PROBLEM!!!!!!! Once you get over the 8 miler, anything between 8-10 is really not too much different I promise. 11-13 is a bit tougher but not too bad I promise! Your plan for the week sounds good, just take it one day at a time and you can get it done . Today for me is the last day of extra carbs (haha hit the cereal my hubby and DS eat, not a good idea lol) no more sabatoge (although I still lost, but not enough *sigh*). Let's have a good LESS CARB week haha!

Okay ladies, see you all in the next thread, let's all stay together and really do well this week!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #65  
Turbo Jammer

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello ladies!

Sorry for my absence! I have been working feverishly on getting my classroom ready. Between meetings, unpacking, and socializing... it's been a busy week!

I figured I would update you all and then work on reading all the posts so I can write up some personals!

Well, I hit my first snag in my journey. A good friend of mine treated me to the "Glee" movie (which was fun, but I was so disappointed in it!). She asked me if I wanted anything. I thanked her, but declined. I wasn't about to eat any movie theatre treats! She left to go to the restroom and came back with a huge tub of popcorn to share. I said nothing, because I didn't want to be rude. She kept urging me to eat some. I will honestly say it made it difficult for me to relax. I kept consciously counting how many pieces I was eating and trying to guess how many cups. I didn't eat too much. Between the two of us, we barely ate 1/8 of the tub. Popcorn isn't even a snack I enjoy that much. I dislike salt and butter so popcorn isn't my thing. I felt awful that she spent the money and felt obligated to eat some. When I got home, I actually cried. Not sure why I let it upset me that much, but I didn't want to do anything to stop me from reaching my goal. I felt like I let myself down.

Amazingly, even with the snag, I managed to lose more weight. I am down to 217.5. With all the unpacking and furniture moving I have been doing, I guess I burned enough calories to off set the buttery popcorn.

I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this... I am actually gaining a fear of eating too many calories... I have a daily goal of 1200 calories and usually hit 650 - 750 calories a day. I know this is not good, but I don't feel like I am starving myself. Truth be told, I feel like my meals are the same size, but healthier. A few of my friends think I am starving myself and keep trying to push food on me... Part of me feels like yelling "It's easy for you to push food on me, you're all thin and I am not!" I don't want them to think I am starving myself, but I don't want their criticism of what I am eating. A bitter side of me wonders if they enjoy having me as their "fat" friend and don't want that to change. I am sure I am being irrational... I guess this weight loss journey is more emotional than I thought it was going to be.

I guess I am just going through a rough patch at the moment... I just want to be happy with what I am doing and surround myself with positivity... instead I feel the weight of my friends' judgement and negativity... I just hope this ball in my chest goes away soon.

Okay, off to catch up on my weekly chat reading and see how everyone is doing!
missamelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #66  

Hey FPSJ I also make resolutions every weekend
For the next week I planned all my exercises and also no ice cream - cause I ate it like 5 times last week (but counted it, so I still lost 2.6lbs) and more natural whole grains (like oatmeal and brown rice) - less wholegrain biscuits (decent snack, but it's still prepackaged) .
Congrats on the NSVs!

Riestrella, I'm hoping you'll get the permission from your boss. It must be hard being in a long-distance relationship, but your boyfriend will be trilled to see your new figure, I'm sure

Munster...well, I'm sure that the scale will behave better once you get that water out.... if you're not sure what's going on maybe you should weigh yourself more often just to figure out the pattern...

Yaay! It's Sunday night here, so I'm off to bed soon. Unfortunately my mom prepared a cheese pie to be baked in the morning for breakfast, so I'll have to storm out of the house as quickly as possible, cause smell is the most meanest trigger for me....Well, this weekend wasn't awesome, but I didn't fall of the wagon although there were a few bites of stuff I shouldn't have....Overall I think it was okay, but I'm eager for the week to begin so I can get into full speed again!
Old 08-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #67  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Missa-650-750 cals will hurt your body!!!!!!!!!! I totally understand not wanting to go over your calorie allowance, but cutting so low is just not sustainable for your body. You will begin to experience the averse effects of this SOON if you do not up your calorie intake! I don't mean to be pushy but it IS something to worry about! Your body will begin to stave off other functions that it doesn't "need" if you continue to feed it so little fuel. Hormones will stop being produced, hair loss, fat retention (for a little while), muscle loss, organ failure just being a few! If you really have been eating only 700 cals on average a day I am surprised that you are not already having some detrimental effects. PLEASE UP THE CALORIES TO AT LEAST 1200 A DAY! This is the lowest caloric intake you should have EVER. You will NOT gain weight if you are eating 1200 cals a day, you WILL lose so don't be afraid! I would not want to see you begin to have health problems because of a fear of eating too much! 1200 cals per day should equal 4 meals of 300 cals a piece or 3 meals of 400 cals. Those meals should consist of complex carbs, veggie, and protein (which all includes some fats) with some fruit thrown in there too. Please please please try to get back up there! I hope that you can work this out, good job on resisting the popcorn (I don't like it either lol!) and keep working hard but not too hard!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #68  

Melissa...sorry, but I'll have to criticize you. Don't do it. I think even 1200 is way to low for you - you're tall and have enough to lose, I think you could lose easily on 1600kCa, even more if you're working out, 1200kCal should really be the last resort and something you will practice for the 10-15lbs.
Undereating WILL catch up with you - for sure.

Eating enough is challenging for me too on some days, but you can add some almonds, cashews, hazelnuts...for a healthy and calorie dense snack.

Sorry, honey, about the harsh words. I'm telling you from my personal experience. You can reach all your goals, but you have to do it the healthy way. We're all here to make a permanent lifestyle change and eating 700kCal a day is not sustainable and not healthy
Old 08-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #69  
Turbo Jammer

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'8"

Okay my personals are going to be all over the place. I just reading and catching up. My personals may cover multiple posts! Sorry in advance!

@HH4Life I totally understand about having to walk away from friends. I have a history of making toxic friendships. I have big issues letting go and usually I end up being hurt in the end. I am just now feeling strong enough to be able to walk away from some of these so called "friends." YAY for going abroad! I hope you get to go to Spain! I have always wanted to go there!

@FatPantsSkinnyJeans I am so with you. Some days I have to fooooorce myself to exercise. I always feel better afterwards, though. As for turning to food. I do the same thing. I get upset or stressed and I eat. I have been working on distracting myself from eating. If I get the urge, I will drink water instead or I will take my dog out for a walk. I have also used mouth wash or brushed my teeth. It does help me not want to eat. In the end though, I need to deal with the root of the problem. I know I need to understand why I get upset/stressed and deal in a healthy way.

@sgregg Yay for the 2.8 lb loss! It seems no matter how much I do 30 Day shred, I always get the muscle soreness! I know that means it works! Keep it up!

@Riestrella Glad to hear your dog is feeling better. My dog Jazz always scares me each time she gets sick! You're such a trooper for being able to handle a long distance relaionship. I tried it with a guy I met online. He ended up being a liar and was MARRIED and was cheating on me with someone who wasn't his wife. I put my biggest fool crown on for that one! Yay for moving to Japan! How exciting! Will you both be working or going to school there? Thanks for the C25K encouragement. I will keep working on it!

@luvja WELCOME BACK! Long time no see for both of us! I recently came back to restart my weight loss journey. I am happy to say I am back stronger than ever! I can't wait to see how you do! We are all here to cheer you on!

@Kawaii Don't worry, girl! IT WILL GO DOWN! I know how discouraging it is, but with all the hard work you're doing, it will go down. Keep thinking positively! I am not sure if going off the pill can cause it, but it's possible! Talk to your Dr. asap!

@munster I might have to check into Insanity. I really want to try Chalean Extreme. I will have to compare the two and see what I end up doing. OMG You look amazing in the before/after pics! Way to go!!!! Keep it up! You're such an inspiration!

@KimL Welcome back! I am sorry to hear about your troubles. I lost my grandmother a year ago and could of cared less about what I ate and my inactivity. On the one hand I can understand that people didn't want to tell you about it, but I do understand the frustration. The same happened to me when I was younger. My great grandmother passed away while I was at camp. My parents wanted me to enjoy myself. I didn't know about anything and missed the funeral. On top of that, I found out from my sister in a rather insensitive way. 15 years later and I am still bitter about how I was told. I will be thinking of you! I am sorry to hear of your medical troubles! Keep working on your health and think positively! We're all here for you!

@bamagirl YAY on the medium! I can't wait to get to that point!

@Iconised_Ghost Happy to see you again! It's been a long time!

@munster and HH4Life I will try harder to eat more. It has been a feat for me even to eat in the morning. I have been eating oatmeal in the morning, salad and yogurt for lunch, and grilled chicken and veggies for dinner. For snacks I have been eating yogurt, applesauce, and celery. I know I am not eating enough. I just don't know where to add the calories. I don't feel like I am starving myself, but I do understand that my body might not see it that way. I do appreciate your concern. I think the difference is that my friends have a harsh way about it. If they approached me the way you two did, I know it wouldn't have upset me as much. Maybe you have some ideas for me to add in more calories. I am not trying to starve. I know taking the weight off too fast may make the weight come back. I am trying hard to change my life and part of that is my eating habits.

Last edited by missamelissa; 08-21-2011 at 05:39 PM.
missamelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #70  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Missa-thanks for the kind words about the pics . It took a lot for me to be able to take those and even more to post them lol. I am sorry that your friends weren't giving you the right message but maybe they just dont know how to phrase what they are worried about? We all have similar situations here so it migjt be easier for us to talk about it. I think that just doing what HH4L was saying is a good idea, find calorie dense but nutritionally dense foods to add to what you eat already-almonds mixedin your oatmeal, avocado in your salads, cashews, hard cheeses, other nuts/seeds. You might not need to eat "extra" per se, but then you are getting more calories without feeling pressured to add more meals if that makes sense? I really hope we can help, I am glad that you posted this! Oh protein powder is another good one too u can add it to almost anything! As far as Insanity and Chalean go, i think both are tough but Chalean looks hard but more "fun" than Insanity. insanity is just all out hard core with no fun music or anything lol! So it depends on how you like yout workouts. Ask Riestrella about it, she just got it lol! I hope we can work this out with you, keep posting and we will all het through together!

Last edited by munstermommy; 08-21-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #71  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Sometimes it's really hard to not be a bit critical with my parents. My Mum is a classic relapser, she went camping this weekend and then when my Dad was going to take me to work he asked her something and she said "Only if you get me a bottle of wine on your way home." She went on to say "I didn't drink while I was away, so why not have a drink tonight?" Yeah...but a whole bottle of wine? It frustrates me because she's been trying to lose weight for 20+ years (I'm being serious) and she just never sticks to it. She'll make us dinner and have some "altered" version for herself to make her feel better, but then drinks bottles of wine to herself. But the thing is, she knows that it's all bad for her, she just wont apply it to her own lifestyle.

Sometimes I think about calling up Jillian Michaels and getting her to kick her arse into shape, haha! She's bought hundreds of diet, running and health magazines, watches all the health programmes, has all the healthy cook books but still - no result. Sorry to rant, but it builds up in me sometimes. I just hope that I reach my goal my way and she sees that all it takes is commitment, determination and no excuses and does something about it. She wants to do the half marathon with me, I hope she sticks to the training and doesn't back out because she failed to train =/

--

FatPants - Ohmygoose, I'm doing the same training plan as you! I'm starting week 2 tomorrow! I loved his 10k training novice programme so I stuck with the system for the half marathon. And yes, don't take the left overs home! It will make you think more about what you order too, because if you order too much then you could potentially waste money. Well done on your NSV's =)

munster - I know that you didn't get the result you were hoping for - but you still got a loss! Well done And seriously, I love you. You're so sweet!! You're so supportive and it feels awesome <3.

missamelissa - Thank you! And yeah, I'm super excited about the move - we're both going to be English teaching assistants hopefully, something to do with teaching anyway. Can't wait! And honey, don't get upset over some popcorn! I think you're putting too much emotional pressure on yourself and your diet. Are you exercising as well? Eat some more, drink water and exercise! You can do it =)

hothealthy - Well done on your loss! And yes, run for your life from cake haha! Or just make sure you have a teeeny slice ;p. I actually can't wait for my boyfriend to see me. I feel like I've been reborn starting this journey, I'm happier, more confident and determined to reach my goal. He last saw me at 180lbs - obese, so I'm going to push myself and hopefully be around 150 lbs by the time I see him next - any less than 150 lbs and I'll be in the healthy BMI range!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #72  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

Rie-I am sorry about your mom, I think that it is really tough to see someone we really love having such difficulty investing in their health, especially when we see how important it is. I think that you have the right idea about including her in the training, although she may NOT be as consistent as you, just seeing you working hard and how committed YOU are will stick with her-whether consciously or not. Perhaps you will rub off on her! Since talking with her doesn't do much, show her by your actions-maybe not actions directed at HER but actions to a healthy lifestyle and she might follow suit. I am glad that I can make a difference in your day by being supportive and positive, I seriously love you and all the girls here too ! You are such a strong and amazing woman, you inspire me with your determination to make your life work the way YOU want it to and the way it is best for you! Thank you for your motivation and your support, it has helped me get through a time when I felt completely down on myself . Okay see you in the next thread, I am praying to lose some more this week and get closer to that healthy BMI.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:50 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Icon I used to do that, allow myself to go a few hundred over on the weekends if I'd stuck to my lower level during the week - I think I need to get that balance back, because now I just go overboard every weekend...it will be hard to cut back but it has to be done! I am jealous of your already booked holiday, I am thinking about going to Melbourne or Sydney for my birthday in October but it will only be a 3 day weekend if it happens! Cooked chickens are pretty good... and last for days for salads and other stuff!

Riestrella Congrats on the 2 pounds, you're doing great. Your day off sounds so good! I need a day like that soon, just doing relaxing stuff. I did some drawing yesterday too, it was good to get back into art (I spend $60 per week renting my studio, I really should be doing more art...) As for the chocolate...I'll have to wean myself off - but I did do well at least at work today, I had none, which was an achievement! And all I have left by my bed is a half bar of sugarfree dark peppermint chocolate that my (diabetic) dad gave me.

FPSJ Your goals sound good, you are so organised! Congrats on not overeating at dinner out, I used to be good at not doing it but not so much in the last few months - I've had 2 Fridays in a row now where I've come home and basically had to go to bed because I've felt so sick from being SO full. I think that's the closest I've been to binging in my life, where I felt like I'd feel better if I threw up - but that's not a habit I want to go anywhere near. I did the exercise! As for the body apathy - I still get disgusted sometimes. When I'm naked, I look at myself and don't like what I see. Clothes do a great job at covering things up, I can even kid myself sometimes I look better than I know I do - but I want to look good naked dammit!! I hope your beach day happens this week!

munster Thanks for all your kind words and I'm sorry the scale wasn't so nice to you this week! I feel like I'm ready to beat the apathy. I've taken a look and realised that aside from making up some of my calories each day from candy, my week days aren't that bad and it's the weekends I really need to work on, so as it's Monday here, I started today off with a more positive and healthy mindset and I'm hoping I can carry that through til Sunday!

missamelissa Hi there! Don't beat yourself up too much over the popcorn. I know it's so hard when you are nearer the beginning of your journey and things seem tough, I went through the same fear of calories that you did - but you have to remember that your body needs food to fuel it! I would really suggest upping your calories to at least 1400 - I'm not an expert, and I know everyone is different, but I lost the majority of my weight from 190pounds through to 140 pounds on around 1500 calories per day, slightly higher in the weekends. Just a thought though. Hang in there !

I exercised! It's Monday evening here, and I exercised. I actually had talked myself out of it last night and for most of the day today - I was so tired at work today and in a pretty foul mood as well, and all I felt like doing was coming home and watching some shows on my laptop or something - but just before I finished work I looked outside and realised the weather was actually pretty decent and I tried to think of how good I'd feel if I exercised. So I came home, put on my workout clothes (which I now realise are actually too big to be comfortable, will have to do something about that...) and went for a half walk/half jog. My fitness level has decreased for sure, but I'm proud of myself. It was only 25 minutes - not the longest, but I still feel great. I worked up a sweat and got my heart rate going - and it's a start at least!

Minestrone for dinner, which I think is reasonably ok. And I stuck to my calories today with no candy/chocolate related snacks at work so that was another achievement! I now no longer have any chocolate/candy in my stash at work, so if I can avoid buying it, that would be a bonus.

My only week day challenge so far is looking to be dinner out with my parents for their anniversary at a spanish tapas place, but it's not confirmed yet so I'll worry about it when it is!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote