Old 07-26-2011, 06:06 AM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default The Inspiration Thread

Hi ladies! There are lots of challenge threads, period threads, sad times threads, what you're looking forward to about losing weight threads, what made you gain weight threads...so I thought I would open up an INSPIRATION THREAD!

Post up pictures and videos of your inspirations! I want to get a good mood board going =)

I thought it would just be a fun idea to share with everyone your inspirations.
Is it a certain celebrity who has a killer body who you admire?*
Is it a pair of short shorts you used to fit into but can't now?
Is it someone here on this very board who's done what you want to do?
Is it a cheesy 80s song that gets your pumped for exercise every time?
Is it something you want to do when you reach your goal that you think of when you're sweating away?
Post them here!

Lets get inspired and motivated to keep pushing forward!

*I think we can all agree that celebrity admiration has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Their careers hinder on them looking amazing, and they have the best personal trainers and nutritionists to help them get their killer bodies.

Last edited by Riestrella; 07-26-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #2  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Yes! It's like a community vision board!

I'll have to work on finding pictures and stuff, but this song ALWAYS inspires me to run a little further, push a little harder and helps me get my priorities right in all aspects of my life. I should mention that it's in Kiswahili and I have a very limited understanding of the lyrics, but it's one of those memory songs- it reminds me of the early mornings I spent with kids at a youth center in Nairobi. The kids would have this song cranked up EVERY DAY and I could hear the bass from the road- once you walked in, you had to dance! Being in the middle of the absolute worst poverty I have ever seen, those kids are serious fighters. To get what they want out of life, they're going to have to WORK- and they know it. It helps me understand how much I have and how much further I can go. Anyway... here it is. Regardless of the memories tied to it, it's an awesome song and has great energy. Try the dance moves for a killer leg/core workout !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7uYXuLJssc

(the song starts after some silly American Idol-type nonsense in the beginning )
tuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #3  
Miss October

S/C/G: 153/116.2/120

Height: 5'2"

I've always thought of Shakira as a weight loss inspiration. She's my height and has always been healthy looking- but recently it seems she's gotten pretty thin, too thin for me to attain!

I know I will never have what I thought was her perfect body (when she had a little more weight on), but ****, it's still an inspiration! I've got too much in the booby area for that, haha.

ETA: Heh, didn't realize they censored he double hockey sticks?!?

Last edited by CorinneIrene; 07-26-2011 at 11:49 AM.
CorinneIrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #4  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Beyonce is a huge idol of mine in terms of her figure. She's just a little taller than me, and I just adore her body. She's lovely and curvy and flat in all the right places. I have a similar picture to this on my wall:

I used to have a set of "rules" next to it saying "Listen to Beyonce, you'll never look as good as her otherwise!"
Old 07-26-2011, 02:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Body inspirations for me are Kelly Brook, Kim/Kourtney/Khloe Kardashian, beyonce, and Shakira...see a pattern there! lol Now I've lost a bit of weight I am starting to see that I have a similar body type under all the fat. Which is a huge inspiration! I also have my eyer onn my much slimmer sisters dress, it's short, with a corset top and sleeveless, so I'm looking forward to getting into it when I reach goal
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #6  

Oh! and I also went window shopping the other day and spent hours wandering around picking out the clothes i'll wear when I reach goal. Normally I wander around upset because i can'tt fit into them and/or they look terrible. Which shows I'm in the right frame of mind this time.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #7  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Another inspiration of mine is my pair of denim short shorts (not these ones, but similar!)

When I worked out 2-3 times a week in 2009 leading up to my holiday in Italy I managed to lose a bunch of weight and fit into a UK Size 14 pair of these bad boys. I tried them on yesterday, and it was a bit of an effort to pull them all the way up, and when I went to war with trying to button them I succeeded, but maaan did the belly sag over it!

So another inspiration of mine is to fit into that pair of short shorts once again and return to former glory, and then maybe have to buy a pair that are smaller!!
Old 07-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 156/155/140

I love Jillian michaels body! Her abs are amazing
Pinkberrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

a certain celebrity who has a killer body who you admire?*
It's weird but I admire the runners I see on the Diamond League series like tyson gay

a pair of short shorts you used to fit into but can't now?
Yes but it's because they are too big. I bought a pair of shorts to lose weight to fit into them and now they are really baggy.

someone here on this very board who's done what you want to do?
yes.. I think the poster is tomtom... I can't remember if there are numbers in her name but she has a goal post. It makes me excited because she and I are the same height-- I want my legs to look awesome!

a cheesy 80s song that gets your pumped for exercise every time?
Sometimes I listen to Afrika Bambaataa to get me pumped but I'm learning to exercise without music so I don't know.

something you want to do when you reach your goal that you think of when you're sweating away? It's a little cheesy but I think about wearing evening gowns-- walking into the room like Cinderella,...

Last edited by liliesinmycereal; 07-26-2011 at 03:20 PM.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #10  

Halle berry is also another big inspiratiion.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #11  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

Bettie Page is mine. She's pretty much the same height as me and weighed 128 during the peak of her career. I don't know if I'll ever be that thin OR have her 23" waist, but it's nice to imagine!

ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:14 AM   #12  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

50's pinup girls are my inspiration. I would LOVE to look like them. Whether I will ever have the hips...Well, that is another story..I can try though can't I?
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:25 AM   #13  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Pretty obvious, but I just love Marilyn Monroe's body!

Old 07-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #14  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Is it a certain celebrity who has a killer body who you admire?*
Drew Barrymore—she's beautiful and has some killer curves to rock.

Is it a pair of short shorts you used to fit into but can't now?
Yes!! I have SO MANY from middle school (!!!) that fit almost perfectly now. I also have a pair of pants that I couldn't even button before that are now big on me!

Is it a cheesy 80s song that gets your pumped for exercise every time?
There's so many, I love 80s music, haha!

Is it something you want to do when you reach your goal that you think of when you're sweating away?
It's silly, but I want to cosplay at an anime convention Don't know as what, but it's something I've promised myself once I reach 150
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #15  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

sontaikle - Oh my goose, totally feel you on the cosplaying! Always wanted to cosplay as Tifa from FF7!

Bit revealing - yes, but she's totally badass so I don't care!