Old 07-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #1  

Default Annoying things about binging?

Just wondering, if you overeat or binge, what are some annoying things about it?
Here are my things
1.)I have to work around it! If I have an appointment, and I am too impatient, I will go home and risk being late, so that I can binge first and then leave! erg
2.)Having to have weird eating habits to deal with overeating. Sometimes I just have to throw food away and destroy it to stop myself. I need to be able to just simply stop...
3.)The gas/stomach discomfort afterwards
4.)Not eating that much before or after so that I do not go too much over my calorie limit, my friends always say that they never see me eat
5.)How excited I get before I eat! worse than the roomie's dog
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:03 AM   #2  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
Just wondering, if you overeat or binge, what are some annoying things about it?
Here are my things
1.)I have to work around it! If I have an appointment, and I am too impatient, I will go home and risk being late, so that I can binge first and then leave! erg
2.)Having to have weird eating habits to deal with overeating. Sometimes I just have to throw food away and destroy it to stop myself. I need to be able to just simply stop...
3.)The gas/stomach discomfort afterwards
4.)Not eating that much before or after so that I do not go too much over my calorie limit, my friends always say that they never see me eat
5.)How excited I get before I eat! worse than the roomie's dog
AS A PREVIOUS OVEREATER AND BINGER: the most annoying thing about it is that you are solving a problem with a solution (eating) that doesnt' solve what is going on (anxiety, lonliness, boredom, sadness, anger, frustration, fear, etc) BUT, the annoying part is it creates all this clutter on your body (fat). And, it shows you that you never paid attention to your body...were you really even hungry? Did you even need food? Probably not at all. It is used as a drug, to distract you from what is really in front of you.

It's also...disrespectful...to your body, to the food supply, to humanity. It's such an additction and don't get me wrong. I struggle with it every day, but have learned to (mostly) make choices that empower me rather than disempower me.

Good luck...focus on the positive things. You can do this.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:05 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Oh gosh...everything?

I'd say the hardest part to deal with is what you list as number 5. That excitement. It's very difficult to find the control when the first thoughts of binging on whatever I want brings a mental pleasure.

I have to remind myself it's a wolf in sheep's clothing. It's a false pleasure.

Kind of like a siren's call. Sounds so lovely... but I end up in a ship wreck if I follow it.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:40 AM   #4  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

#1 is obviously the "feeling disgusting and seeing my distended belly" factor.
#2 is the excitement, I can't think of many things I get THAT excited about which is sad.
#3 is the physical discomfort/gas and the weird mouth sensation from all the sugar.
#4 is my jaw hurting from chewing too much (if I binge, usually nuts are involved).
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 279/279/160

Height: 5'7''

The amount of money I spend on binging! Also hiding it fom friends and family...thinking that since I hid it, I didn't 'eat' it. Sigh!
sterbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #6  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
Oh gosh...everything?
Kind of like a siren's call. Sounds so lovely... but I end up in a ship wreck if I follow it.
I love that. This is exactly how I feel. I'm still a recovering binger and overeater but I still slip on a rare occasion.

I end up feeling so disappointed with myself and get my butt to the gym ASAP.

Nowadays though I end up binging on different things that I did before because I just try to avoid buying the processed junk altogether. I'll eat an extra serving or two of homemade granola, fruit or cereal. Binging is binging though but comparing this with before

-pre-18, buying a bag full of chips and candy bars and eating it within one day
-in college, eating multiple meals a day by ordering takeout - wings, pizza, chinese on top of my sugar and junk food addiction (chips, snacks, chocolate, ice cream)
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Feeling, literally, hungover the next morning after a late night binge is the worst. Waking up with an ucky mouth and a bloated stomach is the worst. It's like a physical manifestation of the guilt!
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #8  

oh and may I add-my roommate is showing my room to rent to another person and I only have 15 min tonight to clean up the place. If i was a non binger, i wouldn't care because I am a relatively clean person. but i love bread and I leave crumbs...everywhere!! I try my best but ive been binging on it for so long and that stuff adds up. Not to mention last night I had to destroy food so my garbage is just embarrassing.

One time the Dell guy came to check out my old laptop and opened it up...crumbs everywhere inside. He and my father giggled and I nearly died.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 302/292/130

Height: 5'1"

I haven't truly binged in over a month (wow, it's been that long? Crazy). But before, when I binged, what I hated the most was...

1. The looks I would get at the grocery store buying a big bag of chips (sometimes two!), a couple chocolate bars, a box of KD, a 2 litre container of ice cream, and pop. (oh God, did I REALLY used to eat most of that in a day? It doesn't seem possible now)

2. I used to eat only in my bedroom (didn't want my roommates to see everything I ate). After a binge, I'd be so exhausted that I'd fall asleep without cleaning the garbage up. Actually, I was so exhausted on a general basis that I'd let garbage from my binges pile up for weeks, so the annoying thing is - needing TWO garbage bags to clean my room once every month or so. Ugh, I was so gross!

3. Eating so much that I had trouble breathing for hours

4. Eating so much saturated fat that my heart would race for hours afterward, skipping beats a lot, too. Used to scare the **** outta me (you'd think that alone would have stopped my binging. Sadly not)

5. Spending over $900 a month on food! Yes, MORE than a full paycheque went to food for me every month. I used to get so behind on my bills because of it.

6. Realizing after a binge was over that I didn't feel better, just stupid and weak.
devnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

I agree with everything but top things on my list are:

1. The money spent on multiple trips to the store, various eateries, etc...
2. The feeling of being completely out of control
3. Waking up to the realization of what happened the night/day before
4. Having to face the scale
5. Remembering that you told yourself " that was the LAST time" the time before as its happening AGAIN!
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote