Old 08-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #136  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

I normally do measurements and weigh-ins to keep track.. I don't get so upset if the scale only moves a little if I've lost inches! Results keep me motivated, so I decided to do both. As for body fat.. lord, I don't think I'd want to know. When I was buying my newest scale, there was an uber expensive one that told you basically everything.. body fat %, muscle mass, bone mass, etc. Way more than I wanted to know, haha.

Incidentally, taking measurements is also how I discovered I have one leg that's fatter than the other. :P
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:45 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 186.6/184/135

Height: 5'7

ahyessophie -- Congrats on the loss! Haha The scale is crazy.

pinksparkles -- I had one of those scales once that told you body fat percentage and some...other number. Body fat scales are supposedly pretty inaccurate, so measurements are probably still the way to go.
firefoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:50 AM   #138  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

Yeah I think measurements along with the scale is the way to go. A lot of people seem to write-off a gain if they've been working out because it could be muscle, but if you are doing measurements you will know if that's the case! I wonder about those body fat scales too. I've done the measurement method where based on your waist and wrist measurements and your weight and gender it determines your estimated body fat. Maybe it's called Navy method? Not sure.
ahyessophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:11 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 186.6/184/135

Height: 5'7

How are y'all planning to stay on track this weekend?

I went out with friends today. Just had one beer and rejected all bar snacks! Success!

Also, it's finally TOM so hopefully my weight will finally stabilize. Time to drink some more water and head to bed. TGIF, everyone!
firefoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:48 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/125

Height: 5'3"

Sw: 178

8/5: 175
8/12: 176.5
Abigail207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #141  
back to square 1(70)

firefoxy - nice work with your night out. Avoiding bar snacks/post alcohol food is key.

Hmmm how am I planning on staying on track? I apparently I'm not haha. Last night was loooots of beer with friends, although I didn't have any of the pizza they ordered. I don't even think I saw it come out of the box because the aroma probably would've wooed me. Today me and my friend went to Denny's for a late lunch/breakfast and I did not make a very good choice! Looked it up when I got home and it has 1010 calories and 59g of fat. Jeez. And that was just a wrap and hashbrowns, not a desserty type meal! Luckily it's been my only meal so far and I'll prob just have a light dinner in a few hours since my stomach is a bit tender from last night aha.

I noticed Denny's has new Fit Fare options that are lower cal and fat. I really should've ordered one of those, but I felt awkward... as if it would look like I was looking down on what she ordered since it wasn't "healthy." A lot of it has to do with the name, too. If I didn't have to order something called the Fit Slam, it wouldn't be so obvious that I was trying to lose weight.

Anyone ever get that feeling? Like you don't want to be judged for being healthier? Or you don't want to seem superior to less healthy friends?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:13 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 195/*ticker*/123

Height: 5'2"

Yeah, I hear ya on the healthy menu, it's hard because you think some people will judge or they will support you but once they know you are trying to be healthier, I'm always worried all my future choices from then on will be judged. Like if I go out with the same friends and go off plan, they will say something like "that fit slam phase didn't last long" or something of the sort.

I have been pretty good this week with food but haven't worked out AT ALL which is really ironic with how I work at a gym now... I had a training class 4 days this week then worked after then just went home. But I have lost some weight Not going to say for sure since I'm using our Mondays as my official weigh-in day (although I weigh every morning) and the number may change by monday.
AshleighAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:15 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 157/154/140

Height: 5'7"

Well, I went a little over my calories today. I thought that I could eat Burger King since I ran/walked 6 miles and make accommodations for the rest of the day. Didn't quite work out like I thought it would - all I've wanted to do since lunch is snack. I've done my best not to, but I definitely didn't meet my calorie goal.

Not to worry - I'll be back on track tomorrow. And I was definitely under yesterday, so while I'm a little bummed that I made that choice today, I'm not letting it ruin anything.

Keep it up, you guys!
mindymoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 142/135/118

Height: 5'2

Ahh, I got my wisdom teeth removed on Thursday and I am bloated! I also crave a lot more since I'm only allowed a juice diet until next Friday (doctor's orders). I stepped on the scale and I'm at 135! 4 pounds up from last week! Although I'm pretty sure a good majority of it is water weight and post-surgery stuff. It's discouraging though. Especially since he won't let me work out until Thursday. I might see if I can do some really low impact, though...like elliptical for half an hour or do an hour of walking. This inactivity is really killing me.
RachelAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:45 AM   #145  
back to square 1(70)

RachelAnne - I can't imagine you'd be gaining weight while on a juice diet. If anything, it's probably just water and bloat from being inactive and drinking so many liquids. It'll pass soon!

mindymoo12 - that's a good attitude. One slip up just means you have to get back on the wagon the next day/next meal.

SO it's Monday and we all know what that means.

Aug 1: 165
Aug 8: 163.6
Aug 15: 164.9
Aug 22:
Aug 29:
Sept 5:
Total lost: .1

Gah! Well I definitely haven't eaten an extra 5000 calories to account for the gain, so I must be retaining something. I only exercised once this week (grr) so I wasn't expecting much, but c'mon scale! This is a lil ridic. Maybe tomorrow will be better... loading up on water to flush out sodium overload from the weekend.

Does anyone have any tips on getting enough water everyday? When I'm at work I just always have a bottle of water on the go and it's easy, but on the weekends and at home I am not nearly as good. I've never been much of a water-drinker but I'm trying to change my ways. I've noticed it's had positive effects on my erm bowel movements so I would like to keep it up when I'm not at work.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I wanted to throw my scale out the window this morning. It read 193.8....there is NO way that I gained that much weight literally overnight. But TOM is on its way this week, so hopefully that is the culprit.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #147  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

Aug 1: 224
Aug 8: 222
Aug 15: 221
Aug 22:
Aug 29:
Sept 5:
Total lost: 3.0

Only 1 pound down this week, but I've been eating at >1000 calorie deficit all week and I exercised 6 days.. must be retention Having some water as we speak and will weigh-in tomorrow

ahyessophie, I normally have a bottle of water with me at home wherever I go.. as soon as I finish, it gets refilled so I don't have an excuse! After exercising, I drink a full bottle before I shower after a workout (good motivation when I'm all sweaty and gross, haha!) and a bottle with each meal.. that keeps me pretty hydrated, I think.

.. Now to follow my own advice since apparently I haven't been lately. Happy Monday, everyone!
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 157/154/140

Height: 5'7"

Checking in..

Aug 1: 157
Aug 8: 156
Aug 15: 154
Aug 22:
Aug 29:
Sept 5:
Total lost:

I'm tweaking my diet a little more this week, so we'll see how that goes.

ahyessophie - I do a similar thing to pinksparkles: If I keep a water bottle near me at all times, I'm more likely to drink from it. As soon as it's empty I fill it up again. I also try to drink at least a 1/4 of the bottle (it's 32oz) before I eat. I think the more I drink the more I want to.
mindymoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 195/*ticker*/123

Height: 5'2"

Had a good week but been 176 for several days, wanting to get lower! I know I just need to work out more, that has been my weak point lately.

Aug 1: 179
Aug 8: 178
Aug 15: 176
Aug 22:
Aug 29:
Sept 5:
Total lost: 3
AshleighAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #150  
back to square 1(70)

Chele615 - Frustrating isn't it? I'm just going to stay OP today, drink lots of water, and do my long overdue workout when I get home. I weigh in daily so hopefully I see it go down. On Saturday I was at 160 somehow so at least it fluctuates both ways. TOM is the devil!! Can't trust a scale around that time.

mindy & pink - thanks for the tips! When there's water handy I tend to drink just out of habit, so I think you're both right in that the key is to have it around all the time! I've also heard that drinking water before a meal can help feel fuller. I'll try that too.

Congrats to everyone on your losses! Three more weeks, keep it goin!