Old 05-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Default ~~~Weekly Chat May 30th - June 4th~~~

Got a bit off-track starting this week's chat on time, but I attribute that to the (American) holiday weekend. And to the fact I just wasn't paying attention.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and a good Monday, whether it was a holiday or not. I'm doing well, but a bit tired and sore. Which only means I'm now contemplating P90x. Because I'm evidently insane.

Here's to a great week!
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #2  
Stressed out Mom/Student

S/C/G: 194/184/145

Height: 5'6"

Ferumbras: You're doing P90x and 30 Day Shred? Brave girl.

I'm going to bed now. I'm waking up at 5:30 to do a spin class.
doubtingJulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:08 PM   #3  

doubtingJulia: I said contemplating. Haven't started yet. I don't think I'll officially begin P90x until the fall, as July and August will make it impossible to exercise consistently (traveling). For now, I simply intend to mess around with it and see how it feels.

Oh, and I have you beat in the getting up early department. My husband has a flight at 5:00 and I'm driving him to the airport. But I'm on the West Coast, so have a few hours yet before bed calls.

Good night!

Last edited by Ferumbras; 05-30-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #4  
sugar is the devil

I'm still here.... just haven't had the energy to post lately.

Relationship problems, stress, blah blah blah.

Anyways I'm pissed because I've been trying to lose the same damn 5 lbs since Feb... still stuck in the 180's and I'm so upset about it. I'm only like 10+ lbs away from my highest weight... I'm just so depressed about weight, this relationship, life in general.

Just having a bad day.

AND good thing I checked my work schedule. I totally thought I had the day off tomorrow and was planning on spending it all day in bed again (what a waste of a day)... but nope I work a day shift! Which means I actually have to fall asleep soon. Blah....

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 05-30-2011 at 11:35 PM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #5  

Hey all, I've been feeling stressed out, because I have a lot to juggle...have to apply to law school (but in the back of my mind, that is stressing me out because I am reading about the crappy job economy for lawyers...however...its bad for me right now without a law degree and I did wait a year to retake my LSATs to get a score that will get me into, what I think, is a high ranking school...IDK...EEP!), getting a job (right now doing an unpaid internship...def can't do that and keep on paying bills) and about to find a place to live, but I have to have a job first really because I can't afford to live anywhere for more than a few months. Ever felt like you have a lot to do so you don't want to do it at all? lol, but i did brush up on my cover letter!
Also, there are a ton of ants here (UGGGH my eating wasn't helping) so that is another push to eat less crappy stuff I guess! lol
Tried walking around more...I walked but not a ton, the heat in NYC is a killer because there was hardly any wind!
ALSO, got my period this weekend "gained" 4 pounds in 1 day, freaked despite rationalizing with myself, but lost it today and back to...well the same lol
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:34 AM   #6  
Simplicity

S/C/G: 192/ticker/130

Height: 5"2

Lovely Tuesday I have plans to paint my sons room and fill out job applications. On going back to work after being a SAHM. I need some adult interactions besides more money can really help my family out. I had a good weekend given the fact that I attended BBQ's and a wedding. The veggies and fruit saved me
kgsmiles3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:52 AM   #7  
Stressed out Mom/Student

Good morning ladies! (I think we're all ladies here. Good Morning human beings!)

I just got back from spin class. I'm a bit upset with myself because I totally chickened out on the mountain climbing track. I'll do better next week.

SweetScrumptious: I live in fear of plateauing. Hang in there!

kgsmiles: re: adult interaction: Word. I have trouble switching from my "mom voice" to my grown up voice.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Hey all!

Back from my weekend of crappy weather and work.

Did great with eating over the weekend... no crazy binges, no nutty out of control eating... I'm ok with how I've been doing.

I even took a stand (mentally) against comparing myself to my friend who is obsessed with her weight. She regularly attempts to avoid eating, cannot go for a walk without calculating how many calories she burned, etc etc. I decided that I just want no part in that self-abuse. Time to change my inner dialogue, and be kind to myself in the same way that I am to my friends.

Happy Tuesday!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:13 PM   #9  
Chasing 140!

S/C/G: 190/160/140

Height: 5feet 3inches

Hi everyone, thought I would take part in one of these chats to get my head back into the game. In a few days I am going to go back home to visit my family for 10 days. I am really excited to see them, but nervous at the same time because I ALWAYS gain wait when I am around them. So lately I've been thinking that when I visit I need a plan to stay in check this time. So far I have worked out an exercise plan. While I am there I am going to run my old running route. But when it comes to food I am really clueless on how to start planning.
dust2bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:17 PM   #10  

Good morning, all (well, basically afternoon now -- went back to sleep after driving my DH to the airport). I've decided today is a rest day. I'll still stay OP food-wise, but my ankle really deserves a day off, particularly as it's going to get a beating tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Well, my brain is awake WAY too early today!

Holding steady on the scale (read: no gains), and I'm ok with it. I actually wore shorts to run yesterday, which I NEVER do, and I felt ok with how I looked! It was just way too hot for capris, hahaha.

Had a small NSV the other day at work, too. There were boxes of pizza and donuts everywhere that were a full day old, and the moment I saw the rainbow sprinkles/ pepperoni my brain went into overdrive. Then I stopped, made myself breathe, and tried to feel whether I was actually hungry or just wanted to feel the moment's escape of something delicious instead of going and dealing with stressful work. I realized that although they taste good, they are treats, which are fine, but that I don't need "treats" on a Monday. So, I put the boxes in the trash to save us from food poisoning, cleaned the table, filled my water bottle, and moved on with life.

Plans for today: Biking to farmer's market/grocery store, some studying, possibly an exercise class? Going to try and squeeze all I can out of this day off!

Time for some personals:

Ferumbras-- So brave! P90x scares me... ankle ok?

doubtingJulia
--Congratulations on your morning exercise. I can barely walk in a straight line at the moment, so points for you for getting the workout in early. Don't feel bad about "chickening out," the whole point of Spin is to allow you to tailor it to your needs and abilities. Time will help you improve, and you're doing great so far just for even getting there!

SweetScrumptious-- I'm so sorry you're feeling down. Sometimes working makes me feel better, because it gets me distracted and moving. Hope you can get back into your healthy eating/exercise groove soon! We're all here for support.

pixellate--Welcome! Yikes, you've got a lot going on! Sounds like a very exciting time in life. Are you having a hard time aligning all the law school stuff with your weight loss goals? I think the structure of school plans can help with eating/exercise plans, too. Hang in there!

kgsmiles
-- Yay for veggies/fruit! Glad you didn't have a terrible "eating" weekend and got to relax. Enjoy painting!

dust2bunny-- Welcome! I have the same problem when I go home, too. Let me know how your plan goes-- it's exactly what I intend to do, too!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #12  

FPSJ: Good for you! Even day-old treats can be hard to say no to. Well done.

And I think my ankle's feeling better.. hard to say. I gave it a day off yesterday, but I'm about to head out to do c25k, then 30 Day Shred, and I'm planning on zumba tonight. So it may hate me again in no time.

Call me brave once I've actually started P90x. For the moment, I have the videos and bought a new set of resistance bands yesterday. I had to deflate my balance ball (moving at the end of the month and I was in a packing spirit yesterday), so am thinking it might be a good way to get in some strength training. Oh, and a great way to terrify myself, lol.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #13  
Stressed out Mom/Student

So, I'm in a really pissy mood today. I'm not sure why, just one of those days.

I went to BodyStep this morning and I'm not sure if it was my bad mood or a genuine emotion, but I hated it! By the end of it I was just pissed off. I was all like; "why does this have to be so complicated?" "I'm gonna fall off this stupid step." "How does she make it not look stupid?" By the end I was just "eff this class!" In conclusion, dance/aerobics is just not my thing.

I've more or less decided what I'm going to do. I'm going to do BodyFlow/Yoga three times a week, BodyCombat once a week and BodyPump once a week, but only till the end of June, after which I'll lift on my own (New Rules for Lifting for Women, b*tches!) My focus is going to be running though, I want to run 3 miles straight by the end of August.

Oh and shameless plug. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred challenge on the Challenges board (along with ferumbras and kgsmiles!) for all of June. You guys should totally check it out.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #14  

doubtingJulia: Sorry today has put you in a bad mood, but I think it's excellent that you've found out what you like!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #15  
Chasing 140!

S/C/G: 190/160/140

Height: 5feet 3inches

Went to the gym this morning, and to my surprise all the machines were brand new!!! Good way to start the month of June.
dust2bunny is offline   Reply With Quote