Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Okay, I just need to vent quickly.

I live in a small duplex community -- four units total. We share a laundry room. Occasionally this leads to a back-up for the 2 machines, but not usually anything problematic. But today, somebody apparently got impatient and decided to take my clothes out of the dryer while they were still wet and hadn't finished their cycle to put in theirs.

WTF?!
Old 05-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #32  
Stressed out Mom/Student

S/C/G: 194/184/145

Height: 5'6"

Wow, that was ballsy. It would probably be easy to figure out who it was, since there's only four units. Which makes it an extra stupid thing to do.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #33  
Pinkie Pie Pony

S/C/G: 194/180.2/125

Height: 5'5

So I was excited at the beginning of the week to be down to 177 and hoped to stay there. I haven't been too bad, usually hitting around 1,300 calories a day and a few went around 900 because I just wasn't hungry, it should have all equaled in about at least maintaining because I've been hanging out with friends and not worried about losing since it's the first week of summer break and I've had a lot of GIGANTIC stress with my first love coming back into my life, my boyfriend informing me we have to move soon because of his job, the dr finally scheduling my pain blocking injections because of my slipped disc. But instead of maintaining...i've gained, like 3 lbs. And it confuses me. The only times i've lost weight since i've been dieting has been after i drop below 1000 calories a day and that was after I had a bit of a slip into anorexia because of my boyfriends friend judging me for having a piece of chocolate, but I lost quite a few lbs during that time. Now I'm gaining back everything I've lost and i'm not even really eating, in fact, I never really did eat that much or even that unhealthy, yet i gained all this weight. I know my metabolism is screwed up from my old eating disorder a few years ago, but it should have fixed itself by now. *cry* i'm just so messed up right now and my back is hurting so much I can't deal with anything and the pain pills just make me more emotional. I'm sorry to be such a big complainer and I feel totally horrid venting to all of you like this, so thanks for listening you guys, I don't know what I would do without you<3
Old 05-27-2011, 09:25 AM   #34  
Simplicity

S/C/G: 192/ticker/130

Height: 5"2

Still in pain and I have to go every 2 days to get the dressing changed for my dry socket. Yup I'm losing weight but findingit hard to rest on these pain meds. I have a busy 7 month old who just loves.to play all day

Ferambus: errr that would upset me
Old 05-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #35  

Hang in there, Goody, your body's just adjusting to everything. If you stick with your plan, eventually your body will get the message and start behaving. Worst thing is just to throw in the towel. Have you thought about taking your intake down to 1050 or 1100 for a week or two, to see if that would help kick-start things again?

kgsmiles: For being in pain your attitude is fantastic!! Hopefully the need for the meds won't last much longer.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #36  
Pinkie Pie Pony

S/C/G: 194/180.2/125

Height: 5'5

I want to, but because of my food history my friends and family are worried about me and they make it hard to lower my calorie goals. Plus, people keep buying me free food and for a struggling college student I got into the habit of taking whatever I can get. I'm almost wanting to just quit the dieting until after my pain injections in the hope that my back gets better and I'll be a lot less stressed out.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Yay, a few days off from work!

While we're on the topic of work: I was so darn busy that I forgot to worry about eating until I got a little woozy. Not ideal, but way better than what I've been doing lately with my out-of-control snacking, etc.

Weighing in tomorrow morning, and regardless of the result, I will NOT get discouraged/stop! So there. hahaha

chloe
-- Thanks for the supportive words! I regularly have dance party workouts, by the way. Love it.

Julia-- I'm a big supporter of the "slow and steady mentallity." If you're challenged with your current program, stick to it until your endurance is better and then move on to a tougher speed or interval.

ferumbras-- I'd have a sh!t fit if someone touched my laundry like that!! I can't even deal with it when someone touches my DRY laundry. What emergent laundry situation does a person have that necessitates touching my underpants!? AHH! hahaha

Goody-- When I get overwhelmed/disillusioned with "dieting," I remind myself that I'm trying to re-learn good habits and make a lifestyle change. I think less about calorie counts and weights, and more about eating natural foods and moving around in the fresh air as much as I can. Then, it all falls back in to place. Hope you're feeling more balanced soon.

kgsmiles-- Hey there! Hope your teeth are better today. I spent the time after my wisdom teeth extraction face down on the couch for 2 days in a percocet coma. I admire your energy!

Plans for me this afternoon:
-Errands on foot
-Gym class + run
-Chores
-Bed early.

Not exactly a rockin' Friday night... but I'm totally ok with it. It's all in the interest of keeping on track in anticipation of the wedding I'm in, which is in about a month. Saving $ is always good too! OK I'm done justifying my lack of plans now. hahaha

Happy Friday!
Old 05-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #38  
Stressed out Mom/Student

FatPants: (may I call you FatPants?) Thanks for the advice. My problem is that I'm not feeling very challenged. I really want to get to 10:1s quickly. I'll feel like less of a lump. I think I'll stick with 4.6 for now, maybe speed up at the last interval?

Goody: I agree with Fat Pants. Don't stress, just focus on good choices.

So... I went to BodyPump again this morning.

OMG.

Last week I was very conservative with the weight, but this week I wanted to challenge myself. I didn't increase it by much but in made all the difference apparently. I'm gonna be soooo sore tomorrow.

I really want to go yoga this evening, but I think I might regret it if I do.

Last edited by doubtingJulia; 05-27-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

2nd day in a row for doing well! Awesome. Worked out for 24 minutes so far today and I plan on doing a 15 minute workout with sparkpeople before bed. Been good with calories today..ALOT I mean ALOTTT of talking myself out of binging..but I have done it so far. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #40  

Julia-- I sign a lot of my posts "FPSJ" so that works too, if you feel bad calling me FatPants. hahaha
Old 05-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #41  
Simplicity

S/C/G: 192/ticker/130

Height: 5"2

Everyone have a safe and FUN filled Memorial Weekend.... I'll be spending mines at my Mommies & Munchkins picnic, birthday parties, and a Wedding...Praying for a good weigh in next week
Old 05-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #42  

Morning!
Happy to say that I am pre-cheat day weight this morning, and I am ok with that.

Only one more day off for me, then back to work tomorrow. Yuck.

Planning to get a bike ride in today as my cross training workout, and I really hope it doesn't rain!
For now, though, it's time for coffee and relaxation

Hope you're all having a great weekend,
FPSJ
Old 05-28-2011, 11:51 AM   #43  
Stressed out Mom/Student

Just came back from BodyCombat and it kicked my butt! The only time I went a little half assed was during this squat-lunge combo thing because my legs are still super sore from BodyPump yesterday and I was a little afraid I wouldn't be able to use them at all. Other than that, I went all out, I'm kind of proud of myself for that.

Only four classes to go! However, those four classes will probably take two or so weeks to rack up because they're at less convenient times. BodyJam and BodyAttack are only offered once a week and Attack in particular conflicts a little with the kid's soccer. I'm going to try to talk one of my parents into subing for me at soccer though. We'll see.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #44  

So even though there's an 80% chance of precipitation, I think I'm going to try to do c25k outside today. I got the iphone app for it, added my playlist, and am ready to try this thing for real, and not just on the elliptical.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday with sunnier weather than I've got.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #45  

DoubtingJulia-- Ahhh, isn't being sore the best!? In a sort of unpleasant way? Hahah. Great work!

Ferumbras-- I've got crappy weather too. Hope your run went well!

Unfortunately, I've got to work tonight and tomorrow night, so no holiday for me I'm trying to tell myself this is good because it saves me calories, money, and helps me avoid temptation. Really though, I'm just sad... I want the sun to come out and I want to go play outside.

I'll have to settle for today's 4 mile run as my fun time. Ohh well.

Either way, I'm happy with my progress so far... slooowww but steady. I'm a few lbs away from where I was when life got a little too busy and I soothed myself with overeating. I'm going to try not to let that happen again. Instead, I'm going to continue to slowly work toward my goal, and if/when I get there, find a way to tweak my current program to last from here on out.

Hope you're all enjoying your long weekend!

--FPSJ
Closed Thread