Old 08-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Cool * *Weekly Chat* * ~ ~ ~ August 23-29 ~ ~ ~

Hi girls
I haven't been on here all weekend. My weekend was pretty good, spent Saturday with my man, which is never a good thing him and his Jamaican deep-fryed deliciousness cooking ....... Yeah, I pretty much had a BAD BAD BAD BAD weekend, food-wise Totally blew it....
I'm starting fresh tomorrow
And I probably won't weight myself for a week or so

I have my pre-op this Friday coming for my gallbladder surgery, then I get my gallbladder removed in 2 weeks (the Tuesday after Labour Day) I am getting nervous!

How is everyone?

Last edited by luvja; 08-23-2009 at 10:06 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #2  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Luvja- good luck with the surgery; I hope you have a quick recovery. I don't want to make light of your gallbladder issue, just want to chime in that I recently read that dieting can give you gall stones, so that could be one positive from having it removed.

I avoided the chat last week bc I just got overwhelmed keeping up with it. I am royally PISSED at my boyfriend right now which sucks doubly bc I actually feel like I have no good reason. We live almost 2 hours apart, and so normally he comes here weekends and I go there on Tuesdays, but this weekend he had to work up in Quebec so I didn't get to see him at all. I thought he was going to take a couple of comp days to see me instead, but he forgot he made a dentist appoint for one of the days, and the other day he is using to go visit his parents (yes, I am such a ***** that I am jealous that he is going to see his parents instead of me.) This is made worse by the fact that next weekend I am going to visit my grandma for her 90th birthday and have changed my travel plans so he can come, and the weekend after that I won't see him at all bc he will be visiting his parents in MD. I just feel so neglected right now, like I am not a priority, even though rationally I know it's not his fault and he could plausibly feel the same way, given that in his situation I would do the same thing and probably have in the past.

I just really needed to get that out there bc I am feeling like crap right now, and probably won't be able to sleep.

Last edited by forestroad; 08-23-2009 at 11:02 PM.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:34 AM   #3  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 181/179.6/140

Height: 5' 7"

Hi guys, I'm new to the chat thread and kind of to the forum in general Glad to finally have an online place to hang out!

Luvja - good luck with the surgery, even though it isn't for a few more weeks!

forestroad - hang in there! Long distance relationships (no matter how far away they are) suck in general...I've had lots of experience in that realm (military husband). You can do it
blueiris6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:40 AM   #4  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Good Morning! How is everyone? I'm doing well.... I love my Wii Fit!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:39 AM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

Good morning chickies

blueiris - Welcome!!!!!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:43 AM   #6  
Resisting the Urge

S/C/G: 282.4/Ticker/199.9

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning everyone!! I thought I'd throw something up here, I am a first timer to the weekly chats.

Luvja - Sometimes you just have to have some good weekend cooking, its good for the soul, as long as its a treat. Good luck preping for your surgury, my mom just had hers removed and it went good for her.

forestroad - Long distance is no easy but so worth the effort... make each time you get to see him better than the time before that.

Well I had a great weekend, now it is back to the weekday grind. I woke up this morning at 3:30 a.m and could not get back to sleep for the life of me, I laid in bed trying til like 5 a.m then said screw it and threw on a sweatshirt (It was in the 50's this morn) and went for a nice long walk. I just moved to a new city last month and havent explored much but I found that we have a 17 miles bike path that runs right near my complex, how awesome. I think I will pay for my lack of sleep later on in my workday but my endorphins are running as of now and I feel great.
Essa415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #7  

Height: 6'1

luvja- I have never had Jamacian food, but the way you describe it sounds so yummy!

forestroad- I'm so sorry about you not getting time to spend with your boyfriend. How long have you guys been dating?

My weekend was fun. The last of 3 out of town weekends and it was the worst one that I was fearing as far as food and alcohol goes. I had fun with my friends and did eat and drink a little, but so much better than I thought I would do food wise esp. I was actually looking forward for the week to start for once so that I could be back OP 100%.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #8  
There Is No Wagon

Hey guys, thanks for the support and perspective. I don't have it nearly as tough as trying to make it work in the military. I'm much better this morning; my feelings were taking over my brain.

We have been together for a year, and right now I'm dealing with the contrast of the beginning of our relationship, where we would drive over in the middle of the night just to see each other, and now, when things have settled down and we pay more attention to our other responsibilities, like work that has to get done and things that generally keep us from picking up at a moment's notice. It is good that our relationship is strong enough to handle that. That's not to say that we're never spontaneous or don't sacrifice for one another, we do that too, it just that right now events seem to be conspiring against us which makes me a little punchy in general.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #9  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 181/179.6/140

Height: 5' 7"

Morning all! Forestroad, if/when you guys get married you will probably be thankful that you had to deal with the distance and separation and and things that most other people don't have to go through - it definitely strengthens relationships as long as you can make it work!

I stayed up waaaaay too late last night and my dogs woke me up waaaaay too early this morning. I'm thinking of throwing my workout clothes on and going for a walk before it gets too warm. Essa, I've got lots of paths and such in my new neighborhood as well - we better get out and explore!
blueiris6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #10  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Good Morning Ladies

Welcome to the newbies

Forest - I'm glad you're feeling better - long distance relationships can be hard.

Luvja - good luck with the surgery! We have a Jamaican restaurant by work, and oh, do I love it.

So, after a really interesting nervous breakdown on Saturday morning, I've decided to defer buying a house until this spring. Between the short time frame, starting school and increasing responsibilities at work - it was TOO much. I scared the heck out of my dad on Saturday morning, and we talked, and he was like you know what, that's fine. You'll have more time to look, etc. etc.

I feel MUCH better about this now. I'm down to 194.8. I thought the drop was from me being so stressed out and not eating, but I ate Saturday and Sunday (boy did I) and I still went down - with no exercise, I'M GOING TO THE GYM TODAY I SWEAR. So yeah. Its like a huge weight has been lifted.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #11  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

jennierose- i'm glad all is well. congrats on the loss! and the gain of peace of mind

forestroad-i'm sure you'll get through it. some parts of relationships are a little bumpier than others but it makes you both even stronger.

as for me, i know all i do recently is talk about boys and i'm sorry but it's all i think about haha. so the situation with the boy has blown up. he totally wooed me and i started to fall hardcore for him. he really is an amazing guy and was able to make me feel again for the first time since my breakup with the ex, and not just fake my way through emotions. well, he never even met up with the other woman, and the day after telling me he was falling in love with me he tells me yesterday he just wants to be friends....after i drove a freakin hour down to pick him up to take him to meet my family...he says to me he still wants to meet my family because he's heard so much about them but doesn't think we should be in a relationship, so i said to him, sorry, but you're not getting that part of me, turned the car around and dropped his arse at home and said goodbye...did my fair share of crying, and he called me crying becuase he felt bad he hurt me and it was a big mess. i don't understand boys. i'd say life would be easier if i was a lesbian, but women are even more complicated than men haha.

as for the weight loss, i'm still at a steady 156.5 which makes me happy. Trying to drop these last 6 lbs to see if I want to re-set my goal. we'll see how that goes.

hope all is well, ladies!!
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #12  
There Is No Wagon

iris-thanks!

stella-I'm glad you got some peace of mind and have support from your dad. Houses are stressful!

amyleigh- I missed the back story on the new boy but man, that sucks. What a total lack of maturity on his part...do guys ever grow up? You have made a lot of progress on the weight loss front since I last checked in with you...congrats on being so close to goal!

Last edited by forestroad; 08-24-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #13  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestroad View Post
do guys ever grow up?
No.

Amy - that really really really sucks. I'm so sorry.

Last edited by stellarosa27; 08-24-2009 at 03:10 PM.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:31 PM   #14  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Hi Girls!

Stella: Yes, wait house hunting its a crazy world out there and buying a house is just added stress in a not so convienent time.

Amy: I am so sorry babe, but at least you didnt waste your time on letting him meet the family. BTW what a fridgin chump to let you drive all the way to pick him up and then tells you when you get there.

Toad: I feel ya, my bf and I have been doing LD relationship now for 5 years and we live 3 hours apart. There are times when you think you cant stand it anymore and then you somehow make it through. If you really think he is worth it stick with it.

Luvja: You will be fine chickie! You have made it through losing 100 lbs. You can do it!!

As for me, I finally fixed my gym membership so I can now start going to the gym afterwork. I dont see how yall are getting up at 5 am for walks and runs. I just cant seem to do it. I have already been to the gym twice this week, and I am going tonight after work and I hope the rest of the week as well. I am going to see my bf friday for his birthday. I am going to control my eating and maybe I will get up for a walk/run while I am there.

Bah back to work.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:55 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

haha some girls never grow up either *cough* me.. I used to act like that up until um.. well a couple months ago.. or maybe still lol. So i understand the guy's dilemma.

I'm moving on saturday!!! Back to the west coast, I'm so excited to see all my friends again.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote