Old 05-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #16  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hello again! I hope everyone had a wonderful tuesday! I slipped up today. I've been going to burger king on my break at work to get an icee to help with the sore throat I've still got after having my tonsils removed...no big deal, 3 WW points and I count it....but today I got a double cheeseburger and a large fry with it. BAD idea. I skipped dinner to make up for it (plus I'm not really hungry anyways)...so maybe that will help, but I can only imagine how bad that was for me. The good news was that while I was eating I started to feel full and I listened to my body and stopped eating and gave over half of my french fries to a coworker. I NEVER used to do that. I would just eat until all of the food was gone even though I would feel sick afterwords. I guess its a mini-accomplishment, even though I shouldn't have been eating any of it in the first place.

Oh, and I didn't get to fit in my workout today because by the time I got home from work it was after 8pm and then I had to go to the grocery store...and then come home and put everything away and dad told me i had to clean out his car (we car share and I leave water bottles all over the place in that car) because his co-workers will be riding in it tomorrow and before I knew it...it was 10pm. I'm exhausted and it's my bedtime already, and if I don't go to sleep now I won't be able to get up in the morning.

Tomorrow is going to be a bad day for my diet. It's the mother's day breakfast at my school and I know I'm going to end up eating things I shouldn't because I just can't think of a good way to explain a "diet" to my class of 4 and 5 year olds. They wouldn't understand, and honestly I don't think they need to know about that stuff at this age anyways. I'm going to try and be healthy, but my boss loves to cook, and she's WONDERFUL at it, and everything she cooks is absolutely horrible for you. It tastes SO good though. Hopefully if I keep my portion sizes small it will be alright.

Oh, if you have a chance you guys should pop by my school lunch thread. I really need some suggestions for new food. >.<
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Hey. Going to start this day off good...I had a half cup of fruitloops cereal and a special K bar for breakfast. Yesterday I ate around 1205 calories and my range is 1200-1550..which BTW I have been clearing going over the past week causing me to gain back 4-5 pounds. Well I dropped 2 this morning luckily...I'm ready to get back in the 120's because right now I'm weighing in at 130.6!

Work tonight from 12:30-9:30 and then I'm off tomorrow..I'm hoping to get a good workout in tomorrow! Hope everyone has a great humpday.
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/seeticker/150

Height: 5'8

DivineFidelity- I am a MAJOR sucker for some burger king. I feel for ya. My order there used to be outrageous, and I'm even embarrassed to post it. But i do love their chicken and fries. mmm....

Yesterday was a good day for me! I stayed within my calorie budget, and bought cute cute new gym shoes. They are the new reebok slim tones (not easy or run tones) and i heart them. I've heard mixed reviews about if they work or not, but since the slim line is a new line for the easytone brand, we'll see. My late night ritual is to walk around walmart for about an hour if it's too late for me to do heavy exercise, well i can feel the shoes working a bit more than my usual walk. Even if it is a bunch of crap, they look uber cute.

I would show you a link if i could, so if you google pink/grey slimtones they'll show up from finishline.

I work in event marketing which is super fun, but it's days like today where i run into (eating right) trouble since I'll be working til about midnight. Lets hope for the best since i've been a stride!

hope everyone is well!
djbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Hey everyone,
Managed to eat only the food I brought to work with me, and did not binge when I got home.... small miracle! Hahaha

Plan for tonight: Lots of water, 2 exercise classes, a quick stop at the grocery store, and bed early. If I can stay at or near 1500-1600 calories, I will be thrilled.

Hope everyone else is having a good day!
-FPSJ
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Hey everyone..I don't know how I did it but I'm back in the 120's! 129.6 this morning! Barely but there. READY to see 127 ...where I got down to at my lowest & then hit my goal of 115 hopefully!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #21  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I've been less active because I'm been failing at my new and improved life style...not going to lie, but today is a new day and I feel amazing today so today is a wicked start for a change!

So I worked yesterday and then went shopping (mostly actually 98% was groceries but still) ! I bought myself a corkboard because in Jillians book it says to make your goals more visable and grab a cork board or whatever you want and start putting down your goals and dreams and things you want to do on it so you can see it every day and remind yourself what you're working for, whether it's to be fit and healthy, or go to europe, bungee jump whatever. I thought it was a great idea so I bought myself a board and thumb taxs. Now I just need to go grab a print LOL which are on sale for 20$, I'm loving the fact I have extra cash right now thanks to my taxes but I'm carefully spending it.

I'm going to start a detox again since I failed the last-time I was doing good when Boy and I were done, but then the day were decided to "work" it out I binged and it seems like I've been going down hill ever since so today is a new day, I no longer have an eenabler in my life and I'm going to stop obessing over my weight! Because we all know when I obsessed disappointment comes.

Lastnight I got home around 10 after work because I went grocery shopping then decided to take more advice since my house is such a friggen mess that I would put effort into something and begin clearing it out so my life can feel less complicated I guess you can say. Well I accomplished fridge cleaning out (I only have a mini bar fridge thank god! but still it took me forever because as usually I was doing 50 other things instead. but I succeeded and it's nice and clean with all my fruits and veggies!) Today will be the task of...I'm not sure yet, but does anyone know what's good to buy? My house is super small like maybe 400 square feet it's a bach apartment but it's all hardwood floors and I don't want to just buy a regular mop and bucket because that's too much effort and I don't have much storage for a mop and bucket and my place is already cluttered enough. So has anyone ever tried the swiffer wet mop thing? Is it any good or do you recommend something else?

Personals

JL Congrats!
FPSJ - Yay for a no binge day! Yesterday I binged like crazy!

DJButterfly - I was thinking on getting a pair of reebok toning shoes I haven't decided which ones I want to get, I just want something that when I hit the ground for jogging or even walking I bounce a bit so it doesn't feel like I'm slamming my feet on to the ground.

Divine - hmm my body is weird I can go on this whole healthy food thing and maybe I eat under calories or something when I just eat healthy or not enough (I don't count calories at all) but I find if I eat one burger from a fast food place or whatever the next day I'm down in weight. Maybe you got lucky with that too :P

Fromthebox Yes it does feel good when you get rid of all the toxic boys! Now for me to get rid of all the toxic unhealthy other crap in my life, but I'm working on it! slowly but I will get there!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #22  

Hey everyone,

Much happier with this morning's weight. Officially down one pound... and I'll take it.

Plans for today: Dance class at the gym, and possibly attending a group run later tonight if I'm up to it. Lots of water, and a trip to the grocery store for fruit/veggies in between.

Divine-- Way to go with stopping when full. It's really hard for me, too! If you're into reading, consider checking out the book "The Omnivore's Dilemma." It's really an eye opener when it comes to how we eat in America, especially the fast-food phenomenon.

djbutterfly-- How do you like the new sneakers? Hope work went well!

JLNichols-- You did it, you're back on track! Keep sending us that spirit of determination

Miz-- Nothing like a clean apartment and a full (healthfully stocked) fridge to get you going in the right direction. Keep it up!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #23  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

My boyfriend has been here since Monday, so it's been really hard to stay good and not snack. My Mum made us a MASSIVE BBQ when he arrived, but I just had a burger, 1 rib and some pasta salad and called it a day. She was offering me chicken, sausages and loads more but I refused.

On day 2 we went into town, he bought me a foot long Subway. I should've declined and asked for a 6" and a healthier choice at that (had the all fat BMT =/). We also went to the cinema and had popcorn, chocolate and a soda. Then he had an Easter chocolate egg that night and I had a few bites. BAD BAD DAY!

Today I'm going to be good. We're going to the cinema again tonight and I'm going to not get any food. But then he's treating me to a curry tonight, so I'm going to be good and only eat half of it and save the rest for tomorrow as well.

Despite this, I have been sticking to my exercise routine. We both went on a run yesterday, and I whooped his ***! It was a proud moment!

Just trying to stay good and not eat so much. My mum bought a bottle of coke for us, and he's drank most of it thankfully. I've had a few, which is bad...but while this trip might be a bit of a hiccup in my weight loss journey it's going WAY better than it has been in the past.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 220/seeticker/150

Height: 5'8

I wore the reeboks all day yesterday and they are completely comfortable. My butt feels a little achey but it seems like a good thing. Did get some compliments about how cute they are, so that's a plus too.

Ladies, I did very well yesterday. I was nervous about getting home late/being at an event all day (with open bar!), but I was strong. I'm hoping this carries on because...

today I received an invite to my 11th year (We missed the 10th) 8th grade reunion. I am so nervous. I want to go, but I did get teased a lot in grammar school. (high school was fine fore me, thank god). So I want go confident. Another negative, they planned it for three weeks away! eek! Hoping for the best.
djbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #25  

hey everyone! still new to the forums and excited to be here! i'm on day TEN of south beach (phase 1) -- i kind of can't believe i made it this far! today is a good day because i'm wearing a pair of pants i bought about 2 years ago at goodwill for something like $2, thinking they'd never fit, but they sure do! can't wait for more moments like this, i have a bunch of jeans from various weights i've been at all the way down to my current goal just waiting to be worn again.

tomorrow will be kind of challenging because i have a friend's birthday dinner at a restaurant, but I think i have a plan, and i'm going to try and just relax, have fun, and do my best

hope everyone is having a good thursday, it's almost the weekend!

Last edited by veggie103; 05-05-2011 at 03:42 PM.
veggie103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:13 PM   #26  
sugar is the devil

Miz I have a swiffer wet jet. It works pretty good - but prob not as good as the old knees-and-hands-on-the-floor-with-a-wet-rag method. I find the swiffer works pretty well but when it starts to mop over hair and bigger clumps, it kinda collects it but doesn't pick it up (a big issue for me since I got 2 cats and a dog, plus my hair LOL). You just gotta make sure you sweep REALLY well before hand, and then it does the job fairly well (you really gotta scrub the hard-clumps)

djbutterfly How are the shoes? Do they roll your ankles at all? I'm looking for a pair of good "shape" sneakers to wear at work (I'm a nurse). So I need something where I can run in in case there's an emergency... I have MBT shoes but do not like them for work at all because I find that they are so large and wobbly, my ankles roll a lot - NOT good at all for a nurse (I'm trying to sell them MBTs - any takers? )! So I'm looking for something similar to runners but got that butt shaping effect.

I've still been trying to discipline myself more on food. Still not 100% but at least it's more in my mind now. I'm back up a few pounds and it's REALLY pissing me off. So I'm really really trying to hard to keep my mind on cleaner eating. I was thinking the other day, how I wish I could go back in time when I was in the third grade and stuck with soccer and started up lots of outdoor activities... and maybe I wouldn't be where I am today. But then I thought... well going back in time is IMPOSSIBLE and what if in 10 years down the road... I'm thinking to myself "man I wish I stuck with my plan when I was 23 than I wouldn't be where I am today". So all I have is TODAY and RIGHT NOW and then maybe I'll be where I want to be and can change time now...as opposed of wishing I changed it in the past. It kinda changed my mind set again and gave me new motivation to focus on this again.... So I'm gonna head to my personal training appointment 30 mins early and do some treadmill before training.... gonna amp up the exercise too!

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 05-05-2011 at 04:26 PM.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #27  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I went off the deep end for basically a week straight...vacation + going drinking for the first time in a long time + being away from home. I don't even want to post my weight. The good news, if you can call it good news, is that I have finally gotten to the point where I have eaten so much sugar that I just don't want any more.

I'm glad to be back on 3FC. Back to detoxing. Have a big party weekend coming up in Osaka at the end of the month. My goal is no candy/junk food at all, ever, up until then. As has been proved time and time again it's easier to say "no" than "just a little."

Sigh. Why is this so hard?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:52 AM   #28  

Riestrella-- Ohh, it is soo hard to resist snacks and indulgent treats when boys, or even gal pals are around. I'm glad you felt like you had more control this time!

djbutterfly-- Yaaay, so happy to hear that you escaped without over indulging! Again, this is so hard to do. Glad the shoes are workin' for ya.

veggie103
-- Congrats on your pants victory! I love when that happens. Your philosophy for the birthday dinner sounds solid-- relax, do your best, and carry on in the morning

sweetscrumptious
-- I totally agree with your philosophy about wishing you made changes early on. Something to think about when the urge to eat hits--like, is this worth it for whatever weight it might cause me to gain and carry on into my future?

krampus
-- I want to know the same thing. Why is this so difficult? Either way, at least you are continuing to put in the effort. The weight will change; all we can do in the meantime is keep working on our habits and stay positive.

Sooo... I had a superbly on-plan day. I even took a 45 minute dance class this morning, and then went for a 4-ish mile run this evening. I decided this was enough exercise to justify going out for a Cinco de Mayo margarita with my friend. I was able to stop at 2 margaritas, and I was reasonable with the amount of chips and guacamole I ate. I don't feel overstuffed, and I have resisted eating again. I feel like this is how it's supposed to be... work hard, eat well, hydrate-- and then enjoy yourself within reason.
Even if my weight goes up tomorrow, I count this as a success. Progress was made in the ways of balance... and I'm happy.

I'm working the next 3 nights, so the plan tomorrow is some serious exercise and lots of sleep.

Nighty night, chicks!
-FPSJ
Old 05-06-2011, 01:20 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 200 / 180? / 140

Height: 5'4"

Hey there everyone!

I'm both proud of myself and not for the day. I didn't go to my kick-boxing class as I was very sore this morning after having done that and Zumba two days in a row and being new to both. But, I still did a balance ball workout and biked/ellipticalled for 30 minutes. On the other hand, I had a bit more too eat, esp. in the carbs department, then was appropriate. Stupid graham crackers are still sitting in our pantry from our road trip. At least there are no more open packages.

Tomorrow I start a new program working with a doctor. We'll see what he/she says. I'm both looking forward to it, as it'll be structured around my body type and metabolism, but a little nervous as to what it will actually entail (and whether the foods supplied will be tasty!).

Have a good night, all.
Ferumbras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:13 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

So tired today but feeling good about exercise and such. I did squats at the gym yesterday and tonight and I think I might be getting the hang of the movements. My arms are thrashed from Wednesday's workout, so sore! Today was supposed to be my rest day but I needed the break from boredom at work. I didn't push it though, just power walking and the squats.

I wish I had more to say but I am dead tired. Hope everyone is having a nice Cinco de Mayo!
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote