Old 04-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 210/210/133

Height: 5ft 3

Hi everyone.
My name's Aphre. I'm really new, and I'm hoping I haven't got the wrong end of the stick with how 'weekly chat' works - we just talk about what we've been up to, yes? If I've got it wrong somehow please feel free to delete this; if you do, please tell me what I'm supposed to be doing!

So. I joined 3FC this week. I've lost about 20lbs already, but I've got a long way to go and I was beginning to struggle fighting off the urge to binge, so I'm hoping being on this forum is going to help.

Had a bit of a boost today - we went for a drink (just diet Pepsi for me, haha) with a friend who hasn't seen me for a while, and the first thing she said was 'Have you lost weight?' which really made me feel good.

Bit freaked out about next week. I'm going to visit my parents, which tends to be stressful in itself, and in particular now that I'm trying to get healthy, because I learned a lot of my bad habits living there. Hopefully I'm strong enough to get through it without a massive stress-binge.

I hope everyone has a great week! And I'm looking forward to getting to know you all properly.
Aphre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Hey all!
Just got back from a half day at work....which involved a handful of munchkins from Dunkin Donuts, and ended with lunch (huge sandwiches) and a cookie. Off to the gym (walking the 2 miles there) for a Strength class, then a Zumba class... and carrying my groceries home. Must balance out the goodies! Aaahhh!

Personals later...

FPSJ
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Ughhh--Got to stay accountable. BAD DAY. No more food the rest of the night & have to do better tomorrow!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #34  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Welcome Aphre! Yeah you are right- the weekly chat is justtotalk about anything really, doesnt have to be weightloss related! But it usually is xD

Ok i am going to try eating every 3 hours to see if that helps with my eating. I get so hungry at about 4/4:30 and I come home and GORGE myself and then make dinner and have dinner too xD So hopefully that will help curb my hungers xD
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:30 PM   #35  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Annoyed, up 0.1 kg from last Friday. I ate cleaner this week than I ever have in my life, and exercise has been consistent. Oh well. I'm wearing my "skinny dress" that I bought in Germany that says "EUR 34/US 4" on the inside and it fits okay. If I keep doing the right things, I'll get where I want to go.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:59 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Alrighty, I did it. I walked to the gym (which is 1.5, not 2 miles--oops!), took my 2 classes, food shopped, and walked home. I also resisted the urge to graze after dinner, and chose instead to have tea.

One small victory at a time, right?!

My newest strategy is to picture myself this summer, seeing a boy that I secretly love when I am in town for the wedding I'm in. It really makes me stop and consider the width of my derriere in relation to whatever food I am about to hoover without even tasting.

Krampus-- Yay for the skinny dress!
JLNichols-- Sorry you had a bad day Be so proud of yourself and your new, teeny clothes!
Miz- Ehh, the H3ll with him! You deserve better!
Aphre--Welcome to the forum.. you can blurt out whatever is on your mind, whenever you like
SweetScrumptious--Sounds like things at work are lookin' up; great experiences in store!
Librarygirl111--I have quite the stress eating tendency myself. Hang in there!
Icon--I've been on the day shift for a bit while doing orientation, and I swear that when I get home I lose all sense of fullness, etc. The eating is downright crazy! Let me know how your plan goes.

Bedtime soon.... 3 days of work ahead of me. Booo.
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:13 AM   #37  
This is not a test.

fatpants- yeah its like, work EAAAAAT, sleep. That close together. I am home by half five, fed by half seven, wanting to be in bed by half eight xD thankg od for easter- time to catch up on work I havent done during the week because i needed the sleep!
Old 04-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #38  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

NSV alert, for the first time in a very long time I drank with friends and felt completely in control the entire time of my eating (and drinking). Stopped at 7-11 on the way home and watched my neighbor buy all this binge food, and left with a 97-calorie mini Snickers bar that I haven't eaten and will probably save for tomorrow when my boyfriend aka Mr. Sweet Tooth is around.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 178/177/150

Default emotional breakthrough

Hi all,

I am learning a lot about my stress eating habits. Recently, I have been reading this book "God, women, and food" by geneen roth. Very interesting. She talks a lot about how people use food---all the time---to cope with their feelings. I've been becoming more of aware of this impulse within myself, and it's been alarming to see how much "stress eating" I do.

The book has awakened some things about my family, and my life, and how I grew up. I am learning not to live in fear anymore, not even from that voice in my head that says "your a$$ is too big!" lol. Roth discusses the idea of naming that voice in your head, and telling it to go away. Then after that, to reevaluate where you are at with your weight loss goals.

A lot of women think that their lives will be different once they get skinny. They get skinny an realize nothing is too different, they still have all those issues they had before.

I love this book, because it's helping me to learn how to love myself again.

The next book I am going to read is called "Savor" by Thich Nanh Hanh and a nutritionist. It's about eating mindfully and living mindfully. Learning how to listen to your stomach is huge, and I am excited to reawaken myself to this change.

Yesterday, I was telling you all how I have been stress eating. I've been listening to all the emotional voices inside, and learning how to work through my feelings, feel my problems, and double-think when I want to eat a twinkie.

It really has transformed my mind and opened some doors in my psyche that I didn't realize were there.

It's hard to learn how to just feel these emotions though. Food is a wonderful distration. I'm not afraid of the fear, but I am ready for it.

I am happy to say that by working on myself emotionally, I weighed 153 today, making a good turn around from this over-eating cycle I have been on.

I'm excited to make these changes and explore myself a littlle more. I am excited that I have an opportunity to explore myself through the physical and mental level at the same time.

Remember to love yourself eveyrone!
librarygirl111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #40  
This is not a test.

great to hear of your progress library girl!

well today would be a busy day, if i could just get going :/
Old 04-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #41  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

151 ladies!!!! 151!!! and after I went poop 150 (lol sorry for the TMI) haha! so my non caring fun detox is working! By non caring I mean I eat 1 meal a day, like a sub at lunch, or a dinner or like right now an omelet for breakfast and the rest of the time fruits and veggies...mmmm yum! Have a great weekend ladies, I'm off to work, then gym then back to work! woot!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #42  

Did good yesterday..hopefully I can finish the day good! Work until 930 tho!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

MiZ - Yayy! So glad to hear it's working for you. As to boy, there are a lot of losers out there, that's why it takes so long to find the right one. Don't feel like it's your fault.

Krampus - I am trying to make myself feel better about how things fit than the numbers, but it is so hard. Congrats on your NSV!

Ladies, I do so badly when my boy is here. He likes to cook for me, and he eats regularly and I love having him here but I know I eat too much because I enjoy it around him and we've been going out with friends, ugh restaurant food is such a minefield. I don't get to the gym because I want to spend all my time with him. We go for walks and we're out an about, and I don't feel bad about it around him, but I always maintain at best. I know I'm so close to goal that it shouldn't really matter whether I'm 5lbs above goal if I'm happy but I know that I am being lax on myself because he makes me feel so good and I need to be just a bit stricter if I'm going to make it to maintenance.

EDIT: Totally forgot my NSV from yesterday: I was out playing disc golf (frisbee) with friends and we came upon a group who had lost a disc in a tree. I looked up, saw it and without another thought I grabbed a branch and hoisted myself into the tree. It was such a high to just do it, I hadn't been able to pull myself into a tree in years! I climb up there, knock down the disc and climb down. As we're walking on, my boyfriend turns to me and says, "you should have seen the look on those guy's faces, I wanted to tell them 'Dude, you just lost your man card.'"

Last edited by fromthebox; 04-23-2011 at 11:08 PM.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #44  

Sad that I got to work Easter ...it's my baby boy's first easter..it sucks but oh well! I'm going to get the kids ready for church so I can take pictures and then head off!! Hope everyone has a great day!