Old 05-19-2011, 12:37 AM   #46  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Tailee--Very happy to hear from you again! I have been guilty of avoiding our thread to keep from making myself accountable as well. I even had a bit of a break down last week about only having lost 50 pounds in this past year but I have to remind myself that it's 50 pounds gone. 50 pounds FOREVER gone.

Deborah: Sometimes I do get a swoosh of weight loss. Two pounds at a time. Usually if I've been working out for about a week and nothing happens, the day I get frustrated and stop going, the morning after shows a two pounds swoosh. I did read into it a bit and it takes our bodies some time to catch up once we work out or change our diets drastically. Our muscles hold on to water and other resources for safety measures. Then once it has adjusted it all jumps into gear again.

Lorie-I'm scared to get started with a new diet and exercise regime for some reason. LEt us know how it works out for you will ya?

Imtryingto: LEt us know how your smoothie diet goes. In the very beginning, May last year, I did a 2 week fruit and veggies diet as cleanse and it worked well but I was so sick of fruit. Weird, right? I'm not much of a sweets person so it killed me.

As for me, I have completely committed to my graduation and wedding goals. I'm going to make it happen. None of my goals in the past worked out and it, inevitably, my fault. I didn't stay on track. I'm going to make these happen now. I want to be able to say that, yes, I actually did lose 10 pounds a month at least once in my weight loss journey. It's pathetic but my motivation right now is purely to prove to my mother (who I will see at graduation) and Bill (the wedding) that for 1.) I am strong and WILL be what I say I will be and 2.) F U, You are a fool (Bill, of course, not my mother). I'm really looking to make his ex be the LAST thing on his mind when I walk into the room. This may not be the healthiest motivation but right now it is keeping me going and beggars can't be choosers.

NSV-I did have a bit of an exciting event this weekend. I usually wear spanx under all of my clothes--I'm quite addicted--and not wearing them makes me uncomfortable. I also have this same addiction to tank tops. Anyway, I had to go somewhere in a hurry and just threw on my pants, without my spanx, and my belt went up a over a hole. It was quite exciting. With my spanx it won't go over a hole, without, it's like I lost 10 pounds. Weird and ironic.
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello ladies!
I'm still here, and I apologize for being AWOL these past few days. My DD got very sick with the norwalk virus, and so of course yours truly also caught it. What a mean and nasty bug! The upside is I lost 4 more pounds (although not the way I wanted to.) Tomorrow is my official wi day, so I will update my siggy then. I figure it doesn't matter at this point that I lost the weight by being sick, so long as I can keep it off. (it's not like I dropped half my body weight by being mortally sick or anything, 4 lbs is a reasonable amount to work at keeping off)

I'm still pretty queasy, and not quite all better, so I'll keep it short and just wish everyone all the best for this week! Keep up the great effort y'all!
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #48  

I'm new to this thread! 280 is my highest weight and I don't want to be there again lol. I am right at 280.2, so I won't be hanging around this thread very long, but I thought I'd jump in to say hi anyway!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #49  
Crabalocker Fishwife

S/C/G: 323/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies!

I don't know if I'm "back on track," but I'm definitely trying to eat less. The day after I last posted I had NO sugar/carbs the entire day (just meat and veggies, basically) and ended up with a 3-pound whoosh, lol. Since then I haven't been too strict, but I'm back to 276ish, at least. I AM going to do my best to be in the 260s by the time I go to Vegas on my birthday in 4 weeks (even if it's just 269)--which is totally doable. I've realized attacking one decade at a time is really the best for me, just because it makes everything so much less overwhelming, e.g., "I just have to get to 269," and then "I just have to get to 259," etc. I'm still a little disappointed because I've been keeping track of my 1st of the month weights, and since March I've been averaging a 2 pound a month loss. 2 pounds a month?! I should be doing 2 pounds a week!! Ughhhh. I mean, it's better than nothing, especially gaining, but still...frustrating. So on May 1 I was 276, and there's a week and a half left of may--I am 276-277 right now--so I'm gonna bust my butt for 273, which would be a new low (and the official 50 pound mark)!

Lorie- I KNOW!! It's so crazy it's already been a year. You ladies have been so awesome through all of this, and it's helped a LOT to have you all. Thank you soooo much for all the support, it means a ton! Keep us posted on the 6 week body makeover--glad to hear it's going well, despite the strictness! I may have to try it if the scale doesn't start moving soon! XD

Shelly- YAY you can do this! My motivation is pretty "bad" too--for my graduation next May, I'm shooting for 196 (which would put me at overweight instead of obese) so when I get up on that stage it can be like a big FU to my ex's girlfriend (she's heavy too, was a total brioche to me last year, and will be there because she's a college employee). The last time I saw them I was in the 320s. CRAZY. I know I shouldn't have it as a motivation, but I can't help it! lol. (Also, I want to look good for graduation pictures...haha.) LOVE your Spanx NSV. It's always so nice when things happen like that.

Laura- hope you and your DD are feeling better! The only "up" side to being sick--you lose weight (but you're right, not really the best way to)!

Chloe- Welcome to the thread! It's funny, we're not necessarily like some of the other threads that are like, once you're out of a certain decade you stop posting haha. Even if you're not in the 280s right now, you can still stay with us! There are a few of us who've actually been posting in the thread for a year now (I still can't believe it) and are past the 280s! So you're welcome to stay and keep us all updated if you'd like--280s and beyond!

Oh, I forgot to mention I FINALLY got a job! I start at Old Navy tomorrow!! I've had a bunch of friends who've worked for ON and thought it wasn't too bad, for retail at least. I'm also getting paid a little more than the other jobs I've had, which is nice. Plus, I can work at the one up in Vermont once school starts if I want. YAY.
taliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #50  
Oneder Bound

Tailee- COngrats on the new job! I worked in retail for several years. A hip hop clothing store (which got me into a lot of different groups of friends...not all good) and The Children's Place. It was a lot of fun be careful about the food. If this ON is inside of a mall or surrounded by food places, DO NOT GET TRAPPED. I made a lot of friends with some of the food people and was given so much free food...free UNHEALTHY food. Be careful babe! I know you know better but it sucks you in before you know it!

Chloe- don't worry about having to leave just because you make it out of the 280's. I've been here since the 280's and I've said goodbye to them forever!

Ladies-I have to tell you about an amazing new app I found for my phone. If you guys have an iphone or an Android- look up My Fitness Pal. It helps to track calories and your weight. It's awesome. It tells you how many calories you need to lose weight. Apparently I'm suppose to be down 10 pounds by June 27th. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Also- some pretty crazy news. I'm sure those who know the history between Bill and I might actually roll your eyes but....I spent the weekend with him. Nothing inappropriate and I asked him to be a gentleman-which he was. He took my to dinner Friday night and we stayed up until 10 AM the next morning talking. He told me why he's been kinda hot, kinda cold. We don't have a full on relationship but he did say that he was not dating anyone else and would like to see where we could eventually lead. He's on a business trip right now and it is driving me crazy not hearing from him all day. I'm wondering what it will be like when he gets back. I told him my concerns and he told me his. Ironically, they were the same. Who knew... Anyway, another pretty amazing thing he told me, that I really needed to hear (or not), was that he loved my body and everything about me. Wow. I was kind of speechless. I am just hoping this doesn't detour my weight loss goals. I don't want to get too comfortable.

Its getting hotter and hotter by the day. It will be in the 100's by the end of the week and the clothes are getting skimpier. I am a little depressed about it considering this time last year I was telling myself I'd be in a bathing suit by now. Hmm, well I've matured in my weight loss mind set and I know better now.

I hope all the ladies are doing well! I look forward to receiving updates from you all!
Old 05-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #51  

Yeah, I am under 280 now but decided to hang around anyway! A lot of the other 20-somethings threads are for 170s or 150s, etc. and I'm a little bigger than that lol. Yesterday I was 2766, but I ate a little bit too much and am back up to 278.2. I stayed within my calories, so I know it's just sodium and I am eating clean and drinking lots of water.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #52  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Shelly - I was really afraid to start this diet myself, because it is soooo restrictive and my older kids are now out for summer, so instead of having 2 home all day, I've got all 5 of them all day. So, I have to try to feel them what they like, plus stick to my diet, it is going to be a chore, but so far, I am loving the results, so that is incentive to stay on plan. I am glad you are set on your wedding and graduation goals! You can get there, I've seen how much progress you make when you set your mind to it. As for Bill, just be careful and take it slow. Remember to focus on you and the goals you want, don't focus on pleasing him, focus on pleasing you. If you are happy with you, chances are much more likely you will both be happy in the relationship I'm glad you got answers you needed from him, keep me posted on how it's going!

Taliee - WOW! You are sooo close to your 50lb mark! I love it! Congrats on your new job! It's wonderful you will have the option to transfer when you go back to school, one less thing to worry about!! I like your idea of just focusing on eating less and no real plan, paying attention to what you eat can really help a lot and I think you'll start getting some really good results! Let me know how you are doing!

Chloe - I'm glad you have decided to stick around. As you might have notices, there are a lot of that vary in weight, some in the 240-250 range and others that are a little about the 280 range. I think 280 was were most of us originals started, but it is just an average. Good luck on your goals and can't wait to get to know you!

As for me, I was going to tell you all about my week, but Abel is getting fussy so I must get off. It is bath time for the kiddos anyway, I will get on, probably tonight or at nap this afternoon when all the kids are asleep and fill you all in! Good luck ladies! Until this afternoon.....
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #53  
Lorie

OK! Sorry ladies, I know I said I would get back in the evening, but as you know, I usually get behind with my crazy household.

Well, so far, I am loving the 6 week body makeover. It is really restrictive, but it isn't anything I can't do. The hardest thing was getting all the low-sodium and sodium free things (since I live in a tiny town, we don't have a lot of variety, which makes it difficult to find something out of the norm). I prepare most of my items on Sunday, so all I have to do is open up the fridge and nuke whatever I put on my plate. It makes it a lot easier to stay on plan since I already have everything cooked and pre-measured. Sunday is the day I cut and organize my coupons, so..since I'm home anyways, doing all my prep for the week is pretty easy. The first week, I dropped 8 lbs. That 8lbs was really not even totally on plan, since I started before I found everything I needed, just to get semi-use to the plan.

I think I may have found a new form of exercise as well. My husband and I bought the kids a trampoline, and while doing research via the internet last night, I found that jumping on a trampoline can be a good form of muscle toning and calorie burning. So, I found a trampoline routine via youtube (does that sound silly, trampoline routine???) and I plan on jumping late at night when the kids are in bed and none of the neighbors can see me. I'm not sure if it really will work too much, but I figure any form of movement is better than nothing. I'm also starting the insanity workouts! I think they are going to be a little much in the begining, but I'm going to do the best I can and maybe after the first round of the series I'll be in good enough shape to do the entire series without stopping on the second (ok, maybe third) go around. Something is better than nothing. Plus, it is summer time, so the kids are wanting to get out and swim, go to theme parks, and do other things, so I hope I am going to get a lot of workout this summer. I was hoping to be able to wear shorts and swimsuits with no t-shirts this summer (Oklahoma easily has over 100 degree days most of the summer) but I just don't feel comfortable with my body yet.
Ok ladies, I know that was long and a lot of rambling, but I have a lot on my mind and was trying to get it all out before the kids lunch time got here, and now...it's time to get up and cook for the little ones. Until next time ladies.....keep reaching for your stars! I believe in every single one of you! We can do this!
Old 05-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #54  
Lorie

Well ladies,

I was just passing time here on my laptop and I realized that if I lose 3lbs each week (which is roughly 12 pounds a month) from this point on, come January 1 (with is in just about 6 months) I will be right under 200lbs!!!! Did I just find a new motivation.......I think yes! Just wanted to share! I hope you all are doing fantastic!
Old 05-29-2011, 12:58 PM   #55  
Crabalocker Fishwife

Hi Ladies,

So I updated about a week ago? I guess I was 276ish then, but I think the next day I was 275--because I know I've been 275 at at least FIVE DAYS IN A ROW now. SO frustrating. I mean yeah, it's good that I'm not gaining, but I'm also TRYING to be good, and nothing's happening. I guess I need to step it up and cut out more of the white bread (because, admittedly, I am still eating a good amount of it). It's weird, though, because I don't think I've been eating more than 1800 calories a day. Maybe that's the problem? My calories are too high? I guess I should try taking it down a couple hundred, cut out more carbs/sugar, and see how it goes. I'm also going to grab my newer scale that's at my apartment in Burlington when I move on Wednesday (I'm moving from my old apartment to my new one). My goal is still to be in the 240s by the time I go back to school, which is only 26 pounds away! I think I can handle that this summer.

Shelly- Luckily, this ON detached from the mall (about a mile from it, actually) and the only food places near it are Starbucks and Applebees, lol. However, after 10 years at the current location, they're moving into the mall at the end of the summer--when I won't be there, yay! Haha. It's definitely easy to be tempted, though. I will keep your advice with me for sure! Oh, and don't even worry about Bill updates. I like reading them!! I'm glad you had a good time with him. Hopefully he's not too bad of a guy after all, and that he ultimately makes you happy. :]

Chloe- Glad you are sticking around! Sounds like we're kind of in the same spot. You can do it! I look forward to more posts from you.

Lorie- is the 6 week body makeover expensive? It sounds interesting, I mean, I'd try it. Sometimes I need a little restriction, haha. Keep us all posted, I'm so happy for you and I definitely think you can achieve all your goals!! I too am excited for SUMMER! Both you and Shelly are much farther south than I am--right now, New England has been having pretty crappy weather, but I think it should be getting nice soon. We've been getting LOTS of rain and very little sun, with temps in the 40s, 50s, and 60s. It's 73 right now, though, which I think is the highest it's been so far, haha. (Not sunny, though.)

Tuesday is supposed to be nice and my friend and I have planned our first full beach day:

(That's her nine year old daughter, my little BFF! Haha. At one of the many gorgeous beaches in my area.) I can't wait. I'm so glad I started going to the beach again last summer, I LOVE it.

Alrighty, I have some errands to run but I'll talk to you all later. I start class tomorrow--AHH!! Biology, blegh. lol. Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Last edited by taliee; 05-29-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:42 AM   #56  
Crabalocker Fishwife

Ugh I FINALLY did well enough yesterday to break my d*mn 275 curse. 274.7 this morning...off to a good start so far, too. Have a great day, ladies!
Old 05-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #57  
Lorie

Taliee - Yay for 274!!! That is fantastic!! I think you are right, your calorie intake may be your problem. From what I have read, most women trying to lose weight should eat around 1500 calories and if they are trying to maintain, they should eat around 1800. So, maybe try dropping your calorie intake a bit and see what happens. Also, are you drinking enough water and staying hydrated? I notice that when I start slacking on my water intake that my weight loss starts to come to a hault and even creep back up sometimes. The 6 week body makeover (which I love so far, even though it is restrictive) was $120.00 + shipping. So, it was a bit expensive, but you can make monthly 6 payments of 19.99 a month I believe if you choose to go that route. The food that you need isn't really expensive though, so I think I have actually saved money on food since I've started it. I will def. keep you informed! I love your picture! I am soooo jealous! I would love to live up north and near the beach! As far as your summer goal, 26lbs before school starts back is absolutely do-able! I know you can reach that!!!

As for me, I am back down to 265 this morning, so I am hoping to be right at 260 by next weigh-in (which is next Monday). So far, the 6 week body makeover is going great. I have gotten all the items I need and gotten use to doing all my prep-work on Sundays, so I just go in the fridge, grab what I want and stick it in the microwave. THe "eating out guide" is also going to come in handy because starting next week the kids are going to be wanting to go out and do fun summer things. I promised them that after we "deep cleaned and de-cluttered" the house their real summer could begin. Needless to say, they have been little cleaning demons this past few days. Well, everyone is down for nap so I am going to work on the laundry and tonight I'll be starting my insanity workout. I will let you all know how that goes (I am sure it's going to kick my butt!). I hope all of you ladies have a wonderful summer!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #58  
Crabalocker Fishwife

Very happy to hear from you, Lorie, and that you're back down to 265! Sounds like you're following a program that's really working for you and I'm so glad that it is! If I could send some of the beach to Oklahoma, I totally would! :P I actually got a little sunburned on my back yesterday from sitting on the beach with a friend, hahaha.

So, I'm at 273 now and I guess I've hit my official 50 pound mark, which is nice. I do want to get out of the 270s, though, haha. My friend texted me this morning and told me in the week she's been on her own diet, she's lost 16 pounds. 16 pounds!! Can you believe it? The most I've ever lost in a week was 10 pounds, and I had pretty much no sugar the whole time. I'm super happy for her but definitely jealous, hahaha. (She went from 278 to 262.) Lucky!

Hope to see more posts from the rest of the ladies soon. :]
Old 05-31-2011, 10:17 PM   #59  
Oneder Bound

Oh ladies, ladies, ladies! I am doing horribly. I haad way too much happen this weekend. Seemed to have taken the whole "1 drink" rule of mine out of context. Had a birthday party plus a couple of bbqs and a dinner to olive garden. Well, four pounds later. My doctors appt is Thursday and I was really hoping to have lost a few pounds but instead here I am, up 4. I know it was probably just a shock to the system so I will be down but it still discouraging. Decided to do south beachphase 1 for a bit so I can get back on track. Still 4 months til the wedding-still hope!

Lorie, I'm glad everything is working out for you!!

Tailee- did she just start? I know sometimes some people when they first start watching what their eating and they cut out some stuff they drop off lbs like a brick. I missing being able to drop them quickly!!
Old 05-31-2011, 10:17 PM   #60  
Oneder Bound

Tailee----I forgot to mention. CONGRATS on the 50!!! WOOHOOOO!