Old 04-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #16  
Crabalocker Fishwife

S/C/G: 323/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Finally back down to 278.4 today. Whew! Which means I still have a week to have a loss since April 1. It's the most stressful week of the semester and I am managing to stay completely on track! YAY! Hopefully I will be rewarded next week when the scale graces me with 276. 275? 274? Would be ecstatic if 273 but know that's a little lofty. We'll see.

Hope the other ladies are doing well--keep chugging along!
taliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #17  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Ok ladies...Sorry I have been gone for a bit. I have been in the hospital with Abel since Sunday and we have just arrived home. He had (still has) pneumnia and also had a stomach virus last week, so he couldn't hold anything down and became dehydrated. We started out in the ER and ended up in the pediatric pod for almost a whole week. His chest xray looks much better though and the IV with fluids and constant antibiotics helped a lot. He is doing much better, he is enjoying being home and just resting his little body. He is worn out.

Since I was in the hospital and couldn't leave his room, I didn't get a whole lot of calorie burning in and wasn't focused on what I ate. So, I don't expect to have a loss and I may have gained a pound or two, as long as I am in the low 260s I am not going to complain too much. I am just glad my little man is home and getting better. Now, to top it all off, TOM has arrived. That just figures doesn't it? Oh well, at least I'll get all of this over at the same time this month and will have a great 4 weeks to look forward too and focus again. I don't really want to weigh-in on Monday, because I know I have gained, I have to just hope it isn't to much and I REALLY need to watch my binge eating now that I am home. I've noticed I am still pretty bad about that, especially since I get up periodically through the night feeding the baby.

Shelly - I have noticed myself slipping a lot too lately. But look how far you have come! I have decided to carry around a photo of myself at my heighest weight, it seems to keep me a little bit more on track because I know I don't want to get back to that and start over. I'm sure you are mentally and physically tired and having to be aware of everything you eat, but look how close you are to onederland! You are amazing!

Honey - You are doing well! When I first started out I focused on NOT GAINING, no matter if I lost or not. And once I could seem to not gain, then I started focusing on losing the pounds! Just keep your head up, you will do great!

Laura - WELCOME! I think you will really love it here. Many of us have known each other for over a year now and everyone here is so nice and inspirational!

Imtry - Oh goodness, I know it is hard. Just take it one day at a time! Really, just focus on today. It took me forever to really grasp that concept, but since I have gotten better at taking baby steps, things have gotten much better. You can do this, just take it slow!

Taliee - OMG Way to go!! YES! One more week to lose, you can do this girlie! You should be soooo proud! You have had a VERY hard week and you are staying on track! If that isn't proof that you can meet your goals I don't know what it! So proud of you! Keep it up!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #18  
Crabalocker Fishwife

Lorie! I was wondering what happened to you! No need to apologize, I'm just glad you're OK! Poor little Abel--pneumonia, that's terrible. I hope he is completely healthy soon. I don't blame you at all for putting weight loss efforts on the back burner, since you are more than justified. As an aside, I have to say, you are so inspiring. You always have a positive attitude and I REALLY admire you for it. Maintaining is always better than gaining, and I am glad you are looking at things optimistically!

Imtrying & Honey- WOW, I completely forgot to respond to your posts! XD Honeybee, I'm glad you're doing well food-wise! I hate how TOM screws everything up. I was as high as 285 last week and now I'm 278--mostly because of TOM. Annoying, to say the least.

Imtrying- I know, it's tough! And especially when things like TOM get in the way. Maybe you should check in with your doctor or gyno, though, to see what is going on with your cycle (or lack of)? There could be something going on with your hormones--and affecting your ability to lose weight. If I was having those problems, I'd definitely see a doctor. Either way, try to keep up! And like I said to Lorie, remember that while losing is great, maintaining is better than gaining. You can do it, and we are all rooting for you!! <3

OK ladies! There is finally a light at the end of the tunnel! I feel better about school and talked to my advisor, who assured me that everything will be alright (e.g., if I do what I need to do this weekend I won't flunk out. lol). I have a TON of work to do this weekend, but I feel a ton better. So here's to the last week/weekend of my junior year--I will NOT miss you!

Have a great weekend everyone! xoxo
Old 04-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #19  
Lorie

[IMG][/IMG]

This was my little angel while he was in the hospital. Glad he is home!

Taliee - OH!!! I am sooooo glad you talked with your advisor! I know you'll work hard and get everything done this weekend so you can kiss junior year goodbye! So proud of you! You are going to be a senior soon! Soooo excited for you!!!!
Old 04-24-2011, 12:48 AM   #20  

S/C/G: Currrent:287

Height: 5'4

Oh your baby is soooo precious. I know you're so happy to have him home with you!
imtryingtotry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 275/249/170

That is a beautiful and precious baby, congratulations!

I (think) I am new to this thread so hello all.
SugarRomeoTango4852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:02 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I hope everyone had a great long weekend.
Thursday night I took my first Zumba class - I had a ball. I looked ridiculous, but I enjoyed myself anyways. It's a very small group, so I was pretty comfortable. I'm hoping to be able to go every week, but it'll depend on my DH's work schedule and my daughter's 2 year old behaviour!
So Friday, I woke up wth soem energy, even if I was a little sore. I did some major housecleaning - washed walls and scrubbed floors on my hands and knees. Ouch. Saturday I volunteered to help out at a wedding doing some bartending - so I was running for 8 hours serving drinks - it's been a while since I was on my feet for that long at a time. Sunday - I slept! My DD got up at 8am, my mom watched her from 11 - 12 so I could nap. I tried to put her to sleep at 2, but that didn't work - I woke up at 3, and mom had had enough of watching her (again). But, by 6:30 DD was ready for bed. I laid down with her, just for minute.... next thing I knew it was 5:30 am! I am sore from all the activity, but I feel good.

Lorie: Abel is such a beautiful little boy. I love his lips - angel kissers! I pray he is completely healthy again soon.

Imtrying: I also obsess with the scale - 3 or 4 times daily. But I've determined that Friday is my ticker changing day, and I don't count anything in between.

Honeybee: I'm sure if you keep up the great effort you will have a super wi. Don't get discouraged, keep on plugging. We all know it's not a race, just one step at a time.

Taliee: Good luck with your school stuff!

See you ladies lighter!
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #23  
Lorie

Imtrying - Thanks so much! YES, I am soooo happy he is home!

SRT - Thank you so much! WELCOME TO THE THREAD!

Laura - Thanks so much for the prayers and kind words! WOW! You were busy, busy and did some major calorie burning this weekend! That is fantastic! I'm glad you tried Zumba class, I hear it is a lot of fun! Isn't it strange how you actually gain some energy after working out? It is fantastic though!

Well, as I feared I did gain some weight while we were in the hospital. I'm back up to 263. I am not surprised, but I'm glad it wasn't more. Now that Abel is home and doing well, I am getting back on track. I asked my husband to get my treadmill out of storage, it is going to start getting hot here in Oklahoma (and nasty weather has already started) so I want to be able to get my workouts in everyday no matter what. I also ordered the Michael Thurman's six week body makeover, it is basically a no salt, no sugar, no flour type of program. I have heard good things about it from people who suffer from high blood pressure (which I have developed after having pre-eclampsia with both Abel and Peanut). So, I am giving it a try.

Well ladies, I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing! Hope all is well! Keep up the good work everyone!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #24  
Crabalocker Fishwife

Lorie!! Abel is ADORABLE. I'm glad he's feeling better, and that you're getting back on track! 263 isn't bad--I bet you can work those pounds right off pretty quickly.

Ladies! A new low of 276.2 today! YAY! I haven't had soda in over a week, too, which is a huge NSV for me (I am pretty much a soda-holic). I'm just happy my efforts are paying off. I want to conquer the 270s as quickly as possible; I am sooo ready to reach my next goal of 267, which is now only 9 pounds away!

By the way, Shelly, I saw your thread a little while ago about hitting your 50 mark and it not being as exciting as it sounds, and I totally hear you on that one. I have 2-3 pounds before I'm at my 50 pound loss, and I'm still fat--really fat, actually: another 15 pounds to go until I have a BMI under 40 (ugh). But I try to think of it this way: at least I'm not where I was a year ago. A year ago today, I was somewhere near 320 pounds, couldn't fit into any of my clothes, and felt pretty awful in general. I'm still big but I can fit into all my 22s, my face isn't as puffed out, and I feel better.

In fact, the anniversary of my start date is three weeks from tomorrow. If I'm really good, I bet I could get to 267 by then (which would be AWESOME)!

OK ladies, I still have a toooon of work to do. Talk to you all soon--have a GREAT week!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:55 AM   #25  

Hey everyone! I hope you ladies had a fab weekend and a wonderful Monday! I'm off and on again. So I'm going to the gym tomorrow to see what kind of damage i've been doing lol
Old 04-26-2011, 02:28 AM   #26  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Lorie-So glad to hear you and the baby are doing well! Look how far you've come. The 60's will be gone soon!

Tailee-Congrats on a new low!! How fantastic. It's great when you get there-but like you had mentioned when you hit a new low it's like yay-ok on to the next new low!!

I had the bachelorette party this weekend and I'm sure I've gained several pounds back. I wore a new black dress and I thought I looked huge. It was still really awkward being next to my beautiful thin friends, going to clubs, dancing, drinking...and not getting a second look from guys...well from guys you want to be looked at by. I have my carb cravings back again and it's driving me crazy. I can't seem to get bread off my mind! I'm hoping that when I weigh tomorrow I'll have evened out. I know I'm not back in the 30's but I will be soon. My friends are all in town for the wedding and thankfully (but regretfully) we haven't hung out as much as I thought. We are all busy trying to get everything together. When we all get together there tends to be a lot of food and a lot of drinking so it's blessing that we are all still too busy to do anything as a group. The wedding is this weekend and I'm having my bridesmaid dress taken in on Thursday-well doing the measurements anyway. The maid of honor is Bill's soon to be sister-in-law and one of my bestfriends so when she started drinking the comments about Bill and all the crazy things he has done in the past, and current times, began to come out. I wasn't fully out to the whole group as to him and I talking or even dating (sorta?) and well...now I am. Comments about him and his ex were made and how they still hang out and occassionally get together. Anyway, the whole night was just full of stories I didn't want to hear about him and I was a little turned off. We haven't spoken to one another since Friday and ironically, even after all the stories and the poking fun, I desperately was waiting for a text from him all day today. Sad....I know. I think it's hard for me to let go of him because he's one of the first guys who has shown affection toward me in a long time; albeit the wrong kind of affection I'm beginning to realize. He won't commit even though I keep holding out hope for it. Ugh, boys. I keep wanting to just concentrate on me and get my body back where I want it before I even worry about guys but it comes down to my loneliness. I'm lonely and I want to have a guy around again. Bah! GUYS! Nothing but trouble.

So my goal of hitting onederland by graduation is slowly starting to slip away. I have a Vegas trip planned for September that I'm really hoping to hit 187 by...hit the 100 lbs mark so I may be moving my goal to that instead. Thats about 50 pounds in 4 months. EEE! Well, here's to trying! I'm trying to contemplate making another goal and hitting 150 by my birthday, next February. I want to go out and make a big splash for my 24th and not feel like the fatty in the group. That would be 90 pounds in 10 months. I'll have to keep on it and average about 9 pounds a month. A challenge with all the events I have planned for the year but not impossible. Just need to keep on the positive side! I'm at the same weight right now as I was back in April of 2007....I pulled out an old Weight Watchers card and saw that and I wanted to cry. I can't believe I've allowed myself to gain as much as I have, regardless of illness, but maybe this just needs to be seen as a learning experience. I need to be more cautious of what I'm eating and watching what I'm eating now has really made an impact on my reality. I sometimes cannot believe how much I use to eat in one sitting or in the course of a full day sometimes. It blows my mind. I even now have to start my calorie counting up again just to bring myself back to the ground after the weekends I've been having lately. It really puts it into perspective that I cannot go back to my old ways and I will not reach my goals by reverting to eating anything and everything. The amount I have learned by just researching and being attentive to the newest health information, both in my degree program and in my own research, has just been astounding. When I hear some of my very heavy friends talk about their steak dinner with potatoes and cheese doused broccoli as being "healthy" I cringe because those were my same words not that long ago. "These foods really aren't all that bad" and "I have all my major food groups" are phrases I hear a lot from them and I just want to scream, YES THEY ARE! I could preach all day long to them but it's really going to have to be their own responsibility to open their eyes to it--just as it was my own. I'm hoping they will get there.

My one year anniversary to when I began my dieting journal is next month and it kind of saddens me that I've only lost 50 pounds. I was really hoping to be more. I didn't want to take this long to lose but I guess about 5 pounds a month is pretty good and the slower the better, right? It sometimes makes me concerned that even now, one bad weekend can make me gain 5 pounds back. While it may be water weight it still makes me worry about what I will have to do to maintain once I hit my goal weight and will I revert back? Become to comfortable? Hmm, well I guess the battle isn't always going to be losing the weight but keeping it there. Unfortunately that will probably always be a battle I'll have to fight but I figure if I lose 100 plus pounds the right way and don't drive myself crazy in the mean time then that fight just might be that much more important and worth it in the end.

I apologize if I am not commenting on other posts as I know I have gone on a rant here but I wanted to check in before my thoughts drove me crazy and I'm very tired and must go to bed. I will check back in later and read the remaining posts to catch up.

Buenas noches mujeres! (Good night ladies!)
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #27  

Shelly- Bill better spend as much time with you now because once you hit your goal weight and your confidence is off the charts he's gonna be a memory lol its kinda crazy how some things seem so acceptable when we aren't feeling the most confident then when we are it's nothing but the best from then on out.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #28  
Lorie

Sorry it has been almost a week since I've checked in ladies. Since the hospital stay, I have been so backed up on laundry, household chores, and school work, this is the last two weeks of this semester so I am trying to get caught up and get my finals done....so I've been a little distant from any site that isn't school related

Imtrying - Just keep your head up and keep getting yourself back "on". I cannot tell you how many times I got off track, especially when I first started, it does get easier once you get a routine, but I still have to make a conscious effort to stay on track some days, a lot of my days more often lately it seems like. You can do it, just keep trying!

Shelly - Thank you for the well wishes I'm glad Abel is home! I am with you, I thought I'd be so much farther in a year, but I'm glad we have both lost and not gained! You have come SO FAR from a year ago! Just go back and look at your pictures! You can def. meet your Vegas goal! I know how you can be and how much you can loose when you put your mind to it! As for boys, Bill will wish he would have treated you the way you deserve to be treated once you get your self-esteem up and start to feel good! Just keep your head up sweety! I know you can get to your goals, I've seen you do it!

As for me, nothing new to update yet. I don't weigh-in until tomorrow and I'm still afraid. I am starting my 6 week body makeover tomorrow though, and I think I can stick with it! The plan is a little restrictive, but lately that hasn't seemed to bother me. Wish me luck ladies! Until next time.......Keep reaching for the stars girls!
Old 05-01-2011, 07:28 PM   #29  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies, llooonnnngg time since I last posted. Well, seem's I have some good news and some bad news. Good news is, I'm starting to get back on track. My first move has been my portion sizes, this was my major change in the past and its already making a difference in my appetite. Tonight we had tacos for supper. Years ago I used to eat like 4 of them plus rice and at least one tall glass of pop or milk etc. I had 2 tacos, and a decent serving of tater-tots, a tiny bit of diet Pepsi from the can i had been sipping on all afternoon and a glass of unsweetened iced tea. And, I'm stuffed! that never used to happen when I was little. Of course, it hasn't been without a hitch, still trying to battle old habits.

Bad news is, while I was maintaining for several months, the uncontrolled eating started taking its toll. I gained somewhere around 10 pounds in the last couple months. Yeck. Seeing 250s again kind of snapped me out of it, I hope anyways. At least I seem to be bouncing back already, somewhere around 248 or 247 now.

I'm starting to get worried about my Japan trip in almost a month. I was hoping to be much slimmer by now, and I'm certainly worried about the stares I'm probably going to get over there. Most everywhere I've read or seen, those women are SKINNY!!! I'm worried about my host families thinking they will have to prepare more food for me or something or feeling really uncomfortable taking seconds..All I've ever heard is that the Japanese take considerations and manners pretty seriously. EEEkk..what if i do something really stupid and rude? Im really excited about everything else but this is bothering me..

Sorry that I'm not responding to your posts everyone, its been so long since i last posted that i havent really caught up on everyones progress. hope you all are doing well.
Phoenix301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #30  
Crabalocker Fishwife

Hi ladies,

I'm alive, really! I've been reading your posts, just haven't felt like posting one myself, lol. Good news is junior year is FINALLY over and I did well enough that I'm off academic probation (thank GOD)! I'm home in Maine again for the summer and right now I'm trying to find a job. I have a 4:00 interview at the hotel my friend's husband works at (a Hilton brand--which means insane discounts on really awesome hotels!!) for part-time at the front desk. I REALLY hope I get it!

I've been flip-flopping between "good" and "bad" days since I've gotten home, which means after a good day I'm 275 and after a bad day I'm 276. lol. Yesterday was a bit of a pig-out day so I didn't bother weighing myself this morning, but today has been good so far so I'm pretty sure I'll be at 275 tomorrow. Ideally, I want to lose 35 pounds this summer. I would LOVE to be an 18 by the time I go back to school, and 240 pounds puts me at a size 18, if I remember correctly--definitely at least a 20, which is better than the 22 I'm at right now. Losing weight is one of my top priorities this summer. I'm also going to try to be more active in general.

Also, I was looking through one of my journals and found an entry from May 16 (the day before I started Jenny Craig/broke up with my ex)...and apparently I was 326. Hmm. If that's the case, I've already lost 50 pounds (yikes!) but I'll keep my official starting point at 323 since that's what it was at Jenny, and what I've used this whole time. It's only a 3 pound difference haha.

I still can't believe how far I've come...that just a year ago I was looking at pictures of myself from the summer before I started college and feeling terrible, like I could never get back there. Well, I'm "back there" now (I think I was in the 270s before I started college) and I still feel GINORMOUS! Haha. Oh well, 275 is a bazillion times better than 323 or 326. It also seems a lot less daunting--like, the amount of weight I need to lose. At over 300 pounds, I had over 100 to lose before I saw a 1 as the first number. Now it's only 75-80ish...a lot, but not as much. Just have to keep plugging away! I'll get there eventually. We all will!

Shelly- guys SUCK. They suck a lot! You definitely deserve better than Bill, even though I think I know how you're feeling. That online guy that I mentioned a while ago? Well, in March we talked every day; one night we talked on the phone for FIVE HOURS. It was crazy, but I loved it! I loved having "someone" to talk to and be interested in me. It was a really great feeling after all the crap that happened with my ex. Well, I haven't heard from him at ALL in over a month. At the beginning of April, he stopped talking to me completely. I've tried texting, calling, sending a message on Facebook, even writing a letter...nothing. Nothing at all. I don't want to sound desperate or crazy so I haven't attempted to contact him in a couple of weeks, but I'm still a little upset about it. I know I need to let it go, though. I KNOW I deserve better than that. Just like you and Bill. He needs to be into you completely, and not be "hanging out" with his ex (I know it's not impossible for ex's to be friends, but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with it if I was his girlfriend). I think staying optimistic is great, even if you don't lose 50 by your Vegas trip I'm sure you will lose a lot if you stick to it! You can do it, Shelly!!

Lorie- Hope you're hanging in there with all the school stuff! It's such a relief to be over, and you'll feel that too, soon! Keep us posted on how the 6 week body makeover works for you, I'm curious!! I hope it goes well!

Phoenix- SO good to see you! I was wondering if you were still around and so glad you are. I'm very happy you're back on track, despite gaining a few pounds (I'm sure you can get those 10 off quicker than you think). I can understand why you're nervous--Asian women are TINY and it seems a little intimidating when you're surrounded by millions of them! Maybe you can post a thread about your concerns? Perhaps some of the ladies in this forum would have better insight, lol. I guess I'd say have fun and don't stress to much over it. I'm sure you'll have a BLAST!

OK ladies, time to get ready for my interview! Talk to you all soon...hope everyone's doing well!