Old 03-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #76  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmeLicia View Post
Apparently none of you know of the fatsmash diet where you can eat as much as you want of veggies and fruits, nothing to drink but water(unlimited) or soy milk(only one cup). You can have one cup of brown rice a day and one 6oz serving of yogurt... You can eat as much veggies and fruits as you want as long as you are not adding oils and fats and no salt... any other seasonings are fine. But let me reiterate ( ALL YOU CAN EAT VEGGIES AND FRUITS) This is NOT a CRASH DIET. And this phase only lasts nine days.
Apparently it seems like all you're doing is making excuses. All of us are trying to give you advice, and it seems like you're just letting it go in one ear and out the other. Yes, we know you're on a budget, yes we know you don't like certain foods. Well guess what. A lot of us (like me!) are on a budget. A lot of us don't like certain foods, either. We are trying to give you better choices.

Personally, I don't see how this is going to work. It IS a crash diet, and you'll ultimately end up packing on more weight than you would have lost on this diet of yours.

Take our advice, or don't. But don't try and throw it in our faces.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:38 PM   #77  
Licia New Me

S/C/G: 170/167/125

Height: 5 foot even

actually if you pay attention to my food logs... which apparently not, you would see that I am eating plenty of food, and not getting hungry, and staying on course... AND LOSING WEIGHT!!! oh and by the way.. the FatSmash regimen is a way of changing your eating to better foods and better portion control. If you want to think it is a crash DIET then you can, but it is not in any way a diet. It is basically what a doctor would tell you. Eat healthy and eat plenty. You won't get fat if they are healthy foods. Don't starve yourself... and BE HAPPY!!! For a support group this place sure is the f-ing pits.. must be that im in a room with other young people who think they know it all.. sorry..
newmeLicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:58 AM   #78  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Quote:
actually if you pay attention to my food logs... which apparently not, you would see that I am eating plenty of food, and not getting hungry, and staying on course... AND LOSING WEIGHT!!! oh and by the way.. the FatSmash regimen is a way of changing your eating to better foods and better portion control. If you want to think it is a crash DIET then you can, but it is not in any way a diet. It is basically what a doctor would tell you. Eat healthy and eat plenty. You won't get fat if they are healthy foods. Don't starve yourself... and BE HAPPY!!! For a support group this place sure is the f-ing pits.. must be that im in a room with other young people who think they know it all.. sorry..
Firstly, this diet sounds terrible. I'm not sure how completely limiting all foods and then eating unlimited amounts of fruits and vegetables teaches you portion control. Secondly, the one who is down to people is you. Being supportive doesn't mean telling people what they want to hear. We are telling you the truth. If you look at the stats, you are talking with women who have lost 30, 40, 50 lbs or more. This isnt our first time at the rodeo.

If you live in a world where everyone tells you what you want to hear and where you are always right, congratulations. But this is the real world where we are trying to tell you about what is healthy and SUSTAINABLE. This diet isn't sustainable. There's no way to keep this up (even after you add in those random things in phase 2), for the long term.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:03 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 159/132/120

Height: 5'4

I'm still stuck!!! I'm going to just keep busting my butt and weigh in on Wednesday. *fingers crossed*
TinasGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:45 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

137.6 this morning..pretty happy about that...happy to know that I'm .6 away from being in the healthy range on the BMI scale & can't wait to see my goal weight of 125!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #81  

I broke down and weighed myself this morning. I finally lost! I was 134, not where I was hoping to be by now, as I really thought I'd be seeing the 120s in March but I'm over my 2+ week plateau at 135! It's going down again!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLNichols07 View Post
137.6 this morning..pretty happy about that...happy to know that I'm .6 away from being in the healthy range on the BMI scale & can't wait to see my goal weight of 125!
Congratulations!
Old 03-14-2011, 02:52 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 200/150/120

Height: 5'0

120 has been my goal since middle school. I'm roughly 150 now so I have a little more to go. I'm hoping by the summer I'll be close. Bathing suit season is defiantly a motivator.
vita di amore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #84  
Licia New Me

S/C/G: 170/167/125

Height: 5 foot even

My motivator is not being able to fit in the jeans i just bought because I had gained so much weight.. only means i have gained more.
newmeLicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 170.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
SO FAR LOST 3 POUNDS 3 DAYS.. NO EXERCISE.. until next week that is..
You will find that in the beginning you will lose weight quickly. The 3lbs you have lost so far are contributed to water weight. This is not something you should be overly proud of, especially if you are trying to be healthy. Losing weight that fast is very unhealthy. You should be happy with losing 1-2lbs a week. If you find, in the near future, you are losing more than this, you should definitely increase your calorie intake or you WILL go into to starvation mode and stop losing weight and possibly start gaining.

Try to take what others are saying as constructive criticism and not as a personal attack. We are only trying to help.
tropica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 176/135/115

Height: 5'3

I would love being in the 120's, my lowest adult weight has been 135 so I don't know how feasible that is, but we'll see...
polka23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:17 AM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropica View Post
You will find that in the beginning you will lose weight quickly. The 3lbs you have lost so far are contributed to water weight. This is not something you should be overly proud of, especially if you are trying to be healthy. Losing weight that fast is very unhealthy. You should be happy with losing 1-2lbs a week. If you find, in the near future, you are losing more than this, you should definitely increase your calorie intake or you WILL go into to starvation mode and stop losing weight and possibly start gaining.

Try to take what others are saying as constructive criticism and not as a personal attack. We are only trying to help.
Yes, I second this.

It's important to find a balance with weight loss. Yes, you want your weight to keep going down, but you don't want to limit your calories so much that you are unable to eat normally, or even have a major cheat day without gaining. This isn't sustainable, healthy loss. You want to change your life style not starve off the weight and ruin your metabolism.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:39 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/130

I SO BADLY want to be in the 120's too. I've made so much progress so far (60 pounds down), but these days it's getting harder and harder to get where I want to be. When I get down or want to get complacent and stop, I summon a mental image of me at 16 and 120 and it keeps me sustained. I don't know why this is the magic number. I'm at a healthy weight, but I still don't feel at a healthy weight. I somehow think being in the 120's will make me feel like it, but sometimes I feel I just want it because that's considered "skinny."

Last edited by criss; 03-17-2011 at 05:40 AM.
criss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:14 AM   #89  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by criss View Post
I SO BADLY want to be in the 120's too. I've made so much progress so far (60 pounds down), but these days it's getting harder and harder to get where I want to be. When I get down or want to get complacent and stop, I summon a mental image of me at 16 and 120 and it keeps me sustained. I don't know why this is the magic number. I'm at a healthy weight, but I still don't feel at a healthy weight. I somehow think being in the 120's will make me feel like it, but sometimes I feel I just want it because that's considered "skinny."
Congrats on all the progress that you've made! Honestly, i'm not sure why 120 is my magic number either... i know that for my height it is a healthy weight, but i do remember being able to fit into size 5 at that weight and not have to suck it in and i long for that day...
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayohwhy View Post
Congrats on all the progress that you've made! Honestly, i'm not sure why 120 is my magic number either... i know that for my height it is a healthy weight, but i do remember being able to fit into size 5 at that weight and not have to suck it in and i long for that day...
Yes, yes, yes! Yes to all of it. 135-140 is a healthy weight for my height, but I still feel FAT because I can't wear everything I want and I too sometimes have to suck in a bit. I know I'll probably still be a tad flabby even at 120 but somehow being a size 3 or 5 will just make it all okay. I don't know, maybe it WON'T, but honestly that's all that is sustaining me right now. Knowing that in about 10-15 pounds I will be able to frolic around in a bikini is what has fueled my entire weight loss journey. Can't.. stop.. now..
criss is offline   Reply With Quote