Old 03-07-2011, 09:56 PM   #61  

I don't think this is a very feasible diet for the long run. Since your plan has you eating a low number of calories (1200), you need to optimize every calorie you're consuming to make sure you're getting as much nutrition as possible. What is in that Mc Donald's tea? I don't eat at Mc Donald's so I'm not familiar with any of their products. You're getting almost 25% of your daily calories from a single tea drink. Is there any nutritional value to it? It has more calories than any of the actual meals you'll be consuming, and once again, it's going to be a quarter of your daily calories. Is there any possible way to switch that out for actual food? You're planning to eat under 1200 calories/day and you want to be active, which might result in burnout. I personally would need to eat more at breakfast and at lunch to get me through the day.

Last edited by Kidd; 03-07-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 159/132/120

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmeLicia View Post
I weigh in at 170 currently. This is the heaviest I have been other then my pregnancy where I weighed 180 the day I had him. Literally 30 lbs of water weight came off the next week. Now I have managed to gain 20 lbs back.

I will be starting my exercises tomorrow. I will start by taking my son to the park and following him around the park playing on the equipment. I will probably do this for an hour or two. This will be a big improvement from nothing. Tomorrow night I will try to air up my bike tires and ride around the block twice. I have not rode in years.

I have totally cut out sodas from my food intake. That is my goal for this week. Less sugar intake. Have to have my tea though. Only one... seriously.

My planned regimen is:

Breakfast - two boiled egg whites and a tbsp peanut butter - 2 weight watchers points and 134 calories

snack - one banana - 1 ww point and 90 calories

lunch - 1 cup vanilla yogurt and 1/2 cup blueberries with 1 granola bar - 5 ww points and 275 calories

snack - one cup low fat milk - 3 ww points and 125 calories

Dinner - ramen noodles and two cups steamed veggies dump half the broth - 4 ww points and 275 calories

One large cup of tea equal to McDonald's - 6 ww points and 280 calories

daily intake allows for one un-named snack of low calories
points are 21 of 25 allowed
calories are 1179 of 1600 allowed - based on current BMR
This will help me with not eating fried foods. I am going to keep boiled eggs on hand for a high protein snack. I only eat the whites.

Do you think this is too strict? and do you think I am getting all the nutrients mybody needs. I can not swallow a vitamin but if I have to eat the children's I will.
I will eat two eggs and a spoon of peanut butter for breakfast each day. A banana for snack. Lunch will be hard working in a factory and having no time for food prep at night being a full time student and having a small child. Supper will mostly consist on less than a full pack of noodles and a cup or two of steamed veggies. This should also work well with the calorie counting and the weight watchers diet.
This does not sound good to me at all. The ramen and the tea are empty calories, you could be getting so much more food, and better food for the calories. Why not have tea without added sugar? Tea is very healthy and zero calories.

Also, I don't think that 2 egg whites and a spoon of peanut butter is enough for breakfast, especially since you want to do this daily. It just isn't sustainable. Have the 2 eggs and scramble them with some veggies, mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, anything. You'll give your body healthy fuel for under 200 cals.

You can have the peanut butter at lunch on some bread with fruit and yogurt.

Ramen noodles aren't too high in calories, but they don't have any nutritional info and have a ton of sodium. If you can't avoid the ramen noodles, dump out a lot of the broth and add the veggies like toy planned.

Try to mix it up a bit, it's hard to stick to a plan that has you eating identical things every day.
TinasGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #63  
Licia New Me

S/C/G: 170/167/125

Height: 5 foot even

I am also on very low budget if that explains the regimen. I still have to feed a family and manage not to eat any of the stuff I feed them, because they are potatoe and meat eaters in high volume. I generally spend about 20-30 dollars a week on groceries. For 3 people.

If you can help me come up with a better solution on that kind of budget, which includes their food and mine, then be my guest.

And I don't drink the broth or eat all the noodles, I share them with my two year old. Two cups of steamed veggies pretty much fills me up. I guess I could add a piece of toast to breakfast, which would add 119 calories and 3 ww points. But I don't see wasting 3 whole points each day and only leaving 1 for another snack. The way I have it I am leaving it open to one more snack a day which can be meat or whatever as long as it is less than 4 ww points, and 400 calories.

And as to the tea, I will not be actually drinking it from McDonalds, so less sugar content per se, and that is simply because I can't subside on drinking water all day at this point. I will eventually wean it out, but this week is sodas. Next week will be half of the tea to add in another snack.

For these groceries though I spend 2.07 a gal for milk, 1.59 for a large tub of yogurt, 2.00 for a bag of frozen blueberries, 2.00 for an 18 pack of eggs, 2.00 bananas for a week, and 2.00 for ramen a week, and 4.00 a week frozen veggies. The eggs, milk, ramen and veggies are for the whole family, in addition to the other foods I prepare for them. I only purchase sugar and tea bags once a month or so. We don't buy sodas at home anymore. If they want any they use their money at work.
newmeLicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #64  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

If you can help me come up with a better solution on that kind of budget, which includes their food and mine, then be my guest.
i believe that people are trying to give you their input, and i agree with them. instead of eating blueberries, which will probably not keep you very full, you might consider apples instead. they have more fiber and keep you fuller longer. you can also stand to add some celery in with your peanut butter.

instead of getting a tub of yogurt every week, you can get string cheese and stretch the package to last two weeks. string cheese should have more protein and nutrients-- i'm not a big fan of yogurt because it doesnt keep me full.

i know its your addiction, but maybe you can have the tea every other day and try to get yourself to learn how to drink tea plain.

other things to consider if you have budget for--
if you can drink the tea plain, you can save the egg yolks from your breakfast and have them on top of some romaine lettuce leaves during dinner. if you need flavor, you can add balsamic vinegar.-- i know that they sell hearts of romaine three in a bag for a few dollars.

instead of the ramen noodles, have a little meat from whatever you cooked for dinner. i know that calorie wise, it looks like more, but honestly, protein will keep you fuller longer. -- maybe while you're cooking, cut off a few ounces of raw meat for you to have and then cook the rest of the meat the way you will for the rest of the household.

potatoes can be allowed if you bake them and add a little salt, or if you're daring, maybe some i can't believe its not butter.

many of us are homemakers too and understand feeding other people, but maybe its time to feed them more veggies too, and if they complain, tell them that you are trying to MAKE THEIR LIVES LONGER.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:59 PM   #65  
Licia New Me

I don't like apples, celery, or string cheese. I ate these during my pregnancy and the thought of celery or string cheese makes me sick to my stomach. I could probably stand to eat an apple every couple days, but those are a little expensive too. The reason I am not eating the yolks in the cholesterol content. And when I make 2 quarts of tea I only use half a cup of sugar.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:02 PM   #66  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I don't like apples, celery, or string cheese. I ate these during my pregnancy and the thought of celery or string cheese makes me sick to my stomach. I could probably stand to eat an apple every couple days, but those are a little expensive too. The reason I am not eating the yolks in the cholesterol content. And when I make 2 quarts of tea I only use half a cup of sugar.
i see that you've already decided on what you are going to do, so i am wondering why you asked for any input at all.

what you've described to us is a crash diet-- and not even just a crash diet, but one with little nutrients. this will be bad for your health.

also, we've all been there and tried to crash diet, and after while you will get hungry because your body will be lacking nutrients. also, since your calories are so low, you may not even see a loss. what we're trying to help you do is make choices for sustainable weight loss and general good health.

best of luck to you.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #67  
Licia New Me

I am trying to see if my fiance will do the fatsmash with me, but I doubt he will make it through the detox let alone the entire thing. That will mean veggies, fruits, all that I want, and one cup brown rice, 6 oz plain yogurt, no bananas, avacados, or potatoes. No salt, sugar, or caffiene. I think the one I had planned would be easier though considering I have been craving eggs and those will not be allowed. I can have beans though.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:42 PM   #68  

Well, honestly, best of luck to you! I think we're just answering your questions of whether or not your diet is too strict, and whether or not you'll be getting the nutrients your body needs. Several people have stated that your diet *is* too strict and that you won't be getting the nutrients you need. I understand that you're on a strict budget, but your plan isn't going to be feasible in the long run to lose weight, keep the weight off, and keep your energy levels up.

Also, recent studies have shown that cholesterol from eggs isn't responsible for raising serum cholesterol levels, so you can at least eat a yolks few per week.
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #69  
Licia New Me

I started the fatsmash last night with dinner

Steamed veggies over brown rice with a tiny bit of teriyaki sauce.

Todays Plans

Breakfast - 6 oz yogurt and half a large banana

snack - 1/2 banana one tbsp peanut butter

Lunch - 1.5 cups steamed veggies

snack - cup baby carrots

Dinner - black beans and onion slices
alot of this stuff i already had in the house
I had to buy a bag of carrots though

Last edited by newmeLicia; 03-09-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:25 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 159/132/120

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I started the fatsmash last night with dinner

Steamed veggies over brown rice with a tiny bit of teriyaki sauce.

Todays Plans

Breakfast - 6 oz yogurt and half a large banana

snack - 1/2 banana one tbsp peanut butter

Lunch - 1.5 cups steamed veggies

snack - cup baby carrots

Dinner - black beans and onion slices
alot of this stuff i already had in the house
I had to buy a bag of carrots though
Everyone here is very supportive and open minded but the above sounds like a starvation/crash diet which isn't what most if us here are about.
TinasGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:38 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/127

Height: 5'0"

When I went from eating any and all junk food in sight to a healthy regimen, in fear of overeating yet again, I MASSIVELY underestimated my calories to the point that I was only eating 900-1100 a day. It would probably be very helpful to you to use a website such as The Daily Plate to track your calories - they can give you an amount to work with based on what your body needs. Eating too little will make your body go into starvation mode and may cause your body to cling to that weight as a means of survival rather than having the opposite effect. We just want to help! I understand trying to make the radical switch and wanting to do everything possible to lose weight, but you have to do it in a manner you can keep up with long-term, y'know? I found that the times when I was really trying to restrict myself like that were the times when I would go on sudden binges because I wasn't getting enough fuel to begin with. But hey, maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I feel your pain of only being 5 foot! Hopefully we both get into the club come summertime.

Last edited by tabitl; 03-09-2011 at 11:05 AM.
tabitl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #72  
Licia New Me

Apparently none of you know of the fatsmash diet where you can eat as much as you want of veggies and fruits, nothing to drink but water(unlimited) or soy milk(only one cup). You can have one cup of brown rice a day and one 6oz serving of yogurt... You can eat as much veggies and fruits as you want as long as you are not adding oils and fats and no salt... any other seasonings are fine. But let me reiterate ( ALL YOU CAN EAT VEGGIES AND FRUITS) This is NOT a CRASH DIET. And this phase only lasts nine days.

After that you add back in chicken and turkey, peanut butter, small amount, herbal teas sweetened with honey only, and I think cheese, but I will have to make sure. But as in phase one it is all you want of veggies and fruits.
Then on to phase three which adds back in other foods. The only thing never added back in is pork because of the high fat content. It simply teaches you how to eat and what you are able to eat more of.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #73  
Licia New Me

Besides, so far today I have eaten three times
1/2 banana and 6 oz yogurt
1/2 cup steamed butternut squash
1 cup black beans and a slice of onion.
no added seasonings, and no added fat and I am not hungry..
You are supposed to eat 5-6 times a day but when I am home all day I eat more frequently and much smaller meals.
Normally I would have only eaten tice by now and my first two meals would have been one
Thegoal is to eat a whole lot of fiber and hydrate your body to eliminate all waste in your colon. And to NEVER be hungry.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #74  
Licia New Me

I ate almost all according to the diet yesterday..
yogurt
Fruit- apple and banana
Carrots
black bean soup - black beans, salsa, and butternut squash with a little water added in... no seasonings
then for dinner I had one chimichanga beaf and bean with 1/2 slice of cheese
Snack I had a can of tuna with one teaspoon of mayo and an egg white boiled and relish, dill no bread or crackers

Today I had an egg white omelet with 1/2 slice of cheese and green peppers
Lunch - sauted mushrooms, green beans, and steamed brocolli, with 1/4 cup teryaki grilled chicken,
Dinner - 1.5 cups of chili made with four cans beans, green pepper, onions, butternut squash, and salsa... no added seasoning except what was in the salsa and chili beans.
This all added up to about 1500 calories... and I am not hungry
SO FAR LOST 3 POUNDS 3 DAYS.. NO EXERCISE.. until next week that is..
Old 03-11-2011, 10:18 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 187/siggy/120

Height: 5' 3"

I want to be 120...exactly (haha). Not sure if I want it to be my red line weight, or it to be my 'no lower than' weight. I feel like I NEED to see where my body is at that point.
setsysan is offline   Reply With Quote