Old 02-01-2011, 10:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/185/155

Default Binge

First binge in awhile tonight. I had a killer day at the gym, a good day food wise, and then when I got to class one of the girls in a group that I'm assigned to work with was really catty about the work that I did on the assignment and it got me down. When I got home I saw the workload that I have for the week and before I knew it I was in the pantry.

I don't feel guilty and it wasn't a massive binge. It undid today's calorie burning at the gym, but at least it didn't add. I feel like, at least I know what my newest trigger is, and maybe next week I'll have a game plan. Any suggestions?
bleujean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:02 PM   #2  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

If the specific issue is that nasty comments by others get you down, perhaps a voodoo doll would help? When I'm upset I realize that I have a tendency to internalize, too. But don't make that witch-with-a-b's comments your problem! Send her nasty vibes by proxy.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:22 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Sounds like you didn't let it get you completely off track, so that's actually really good! Now that you understand your trigger, you need a plan. If this ever happens again, maybe you could work off your stress some other way? How about a 20 minute walk? How about calling a friend? How about writing down why you want to lose weight and asking yourself if eating what's in the pantry going to solve anything or get you toward you goal? I try to chew gum. I also have sugar free jello when I feel snacky and I know I don't really need anything. You could also put on some music that really inspires you and just dance around. You could drink some hot tea to calm your nerves or take a hot shower or bubble bath (if you have a tub). I love to go on youtube for either music, karaoke or to watch motivational weight loss stories. You could also go online and find a dream outfit you'd want to wear once you got to goal. You just have to figure out what will work for you and it's hard for anyone to guess, but I hope that at least one of the suggestions help.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote