Old 01-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #46  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Ha! The one thing that SUCKS about having a tall guy (mine is 6'5) is that EVERY SINGLE TIME (no joke) we are out shopping for clothes FOR ME, Some chick comes up and says "Excuse me,(taps him on the shoulder or back or arm) can you please get this down for me (bats eyes), (looks to me) sorry". And EACH TIME I want to strangle them. Isn't that what store employees are for? He's MY tall guy, so I'm gonna need you to find your own. That's what I fel like saying but instead I smile and nod and he gets so frustrated lol...We joke that he should be getting paid for his services.
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #47  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Height: 5'7"

i've had this convo with my gfs before...

im kinda tall, and prefer someone really tall. like 6'2+ is great.

and i dont like skinny. at least 200+.

i remember i hooked up with this guy a few years ago. 6'4. but really thin. saw him last summer. didn't even recognize him at first. he gained weight. he was beautiful before, but wow, now he's smoking hot. apparently he made a few lifestyle changes. good for him.

anyway, so tall and not skinny. but fit.
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

funny thread. I have noticed that I don't really have a "type" of guy I am interested in except for the body type. Doesn't matter how tall, what color hair or skin, they just need to be fairly average. Not heavy and not skinny. I would have to say my ideal type is your average military man. LOL my heart skips a beat just thinking about it. The man I married is definitely missing some muscle mass compared to my ideal type but I love him just the same. Like others say... the personality outweighs some of your superficial preferences sometimes. I was with a heavy guy in college and it didn't last long at all. I was not physically attracted to him and he snored SO LOUD!! Odd side note... my dad has always been heavy and snores loud enough to shake the house.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #49  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Hmm...this is a fun topic and I'm glad that we can be honest and not just say "oh, looks and body type don't matter" because they do.lol. Just like how they matter for guys and there isn't really anything wrong with that. For a long time, mostly when I was heavier than I am now, I really thought that because of my body, I shouldn't get to have preferences or secretly turn someone down for not meeting them; however, that has changed. Not that any of these are absolutes [well, maybe the height thing], but these ranges are ideals and generally what I go for- especially because my involvement in college athletics has put me in close quarters with many of these types. haha. He MUST be 6'2'' or above and 6'2'' is the lower range [i've dated 2 6'10''s haha] and I like athletic body types from lanky pole vaulters to offensive linemen. I know that is a huge body size range but athleticism is the premium here. I figure, I'm athletic so he dang well better be too.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 160/135/130

Hmm, I don't know. haha. I dated different type of guys, but they were always more average, one was really skinny, none were overweight. My husband was about 186 when we met, he's got a bigger build, I am attracted to that because he has the body shape that makes him look like a protector if I am explaining that right. He recently deployed and lost a lot of weight and we have both gone through body changes in the past 5 years (his highest was 202 when he deployed). But he focuses on building muscle, I like fit guys that are muscular, but not body builder big. I dated a very skinny guy once, but I am not really attracted to that body type now. I need a big strong man who can take care of me. haha. But they must be healthy since I have been focusing on a healthy lifestyle for the past 2 years or so.
Ashley829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #51  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

I have always been attracted to bigger guys... Height is more important to me than weight; I prefer a guy that is taller than me, even if it's only an inch, and I was generally most attracted to guys in the 220-250 range. I've been attracted to guys of all shapes and sizes at some point though. My husband is about 5'9, 290 (255 was his lowest weight while I've been with him) and he has always been attractive to me.

I don't put a lot of stock in looks (how could I?) and nothing was ever a deal-breaker in that department because I am so attracted to a good personality. Sense of humor is tops, intelligence and kindness aren't far behind. It's hard to explain, but having good personality traits can actually make someone physically attractive to me as well. If a good-looking guy is an a$$, then I see him as nothing but ugly.

Last edited by JustSharing83; 01-26-2011 at 02:52 PM.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:30 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 176/133.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Interesting topic...I honestly have to say the first thing I notice about a guy physicially is his smile and how often he laughs. Nice white, straight teeth are a huge plus...dimples added on to that and I'm over the moon.

I've dated just about every ethnicity and body type from tall (6'2") to short (5'5"), large (potbelly) to average (football player but not the quarterback type) to skinny (runner type). I've been attracted to all of them but then again I've never dated anyone extreme (i.e., body builder, underweight or massively obese)...I'm not sure I could handle that.
asweetchicagogirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSharing83 View Post
I don't put a lot of stock in looks (how could I?) and nothing was ever a deal-breaker in that department because I am so attracted to a good personality. Sense of humor is tops, intelligence and kindness aren't far behind. It's hard to explain, but having good personality traits can actually make someone physically attractive to me as well. If a good-looking guy is an a$$, then I see him as nothing but ugly.
I feel the exact same way. Someone's personality has an effect in how I view their physical attractiveness. Anyone, man or woman, who is thought of as beautiful or sexy but is a complete a-hole is ugly to me. Good looks don't mean jack squat if you're such an a** that no one wants to be around you.
surrendertolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Just wanted to add - I don't think I could date a guy shorter than me. Being that I'm only 5'0", it's not exactly a mission finding guys taller - but I've had this one guy interested in me recently who is shorter than me. I am REALLY glad I have the fact that I have a boyfriend who I'm totally into as an excuse, because if I were single, I wouldn't know how to let this guy down easy!!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #55  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowstripe View Post
Just wanted to add - I don't think I could date a guy shorter than me. Being that I'm only 5'0", it's not exactly a mission finding guys taller - but I've had this one guy interested in me recently who is shorter than me. I am REALLY glad I have the fact that I have a boyfriend who I'm totally into as an excuse, because if I were single, I wouldn't know how to let this guy down easy!!
Your guilt is so funny! I think most of us have that one pretty openly. Absolutely no one shorter than me, and by that I mean, shorter than me + 5 inches, because I wear three inch heels and men tend to "round up" a lot.

But not too tall. I once dated a guy who was 6'3"... that was terrible. He walked so quickly and I couldn't even reach him for a kiss if I stood on my toes
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

lackadaisy Oh yeah, unfortunately I don't think I could really do too tall for me either. I've had a casual thing with a guy that was 6'0" and I definitely had issues keeping up with him while walking! Not to mention other activities were just a little bit awkward if you know what I mean haha.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #57  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkendrick View Post
(First of all, while I think it's COMPLETELY LEGIT and normal to have a preferred body type, we also have to accept that it's completely legit and normal for men to have a preferred body type also. If they don't like overweight girls or skinny girls or big boobs, small boobs, etc...that's their right. It doesn't make them chauvinist pigs. Just thought I'd throw it out there since I hear so many women call men a-holes because that particular man doesn't find that particular woman's body attractive. But that same woman will turn around and say "I only like men who are such and such tall and have so and so build. Just thought I'd throw it out there...)
Excellent point mkendrick. I think it's safe to say that the majority of men and women would, in a vacuum, choose a partner who is in the "healthy" weight range based on looks alone.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:08 AM   #58  
Crabalocker Fishwife

S/C/G: 323/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I guess I'm not 100% sure. I've never "dated," really; I've only had one serious boyfriend and we met in my college dorm (he's the only person I've ever been with in every sense of "been with," haha). He was a couple inches taller than me, probably average weight (though he gained several pounds one year into our relationship, lol). I am definitely attracted to tall men--they've got to be at least 5'10"! XD Weight doesn't matter to me, as long as they're moderately healthy. I suppose I'm not as attracted to really thin guys, but if I'm attracted to their personality, I'll probably be attracted to them anyway.
taliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #59  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillupthesky View Post
but if i could build the perfect man he would be like 6'2" 225lbs, dark hair, be able to throw me around...ok, it got a little hot in here....
LOL. Sorry he's already taken . You just described my sexy hubby to a t!

Last edited by MyBodyisMyTemple; 01-27-2011 at 01:06 AM.
MyBodyisMyTemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 280/274/199

Height: 5'5"

Here is another vote for the big guys. No matter what size I am, I could be 120 lbs and I would still want a big man. Bit of tub, teddybear, thick, barrel chested, broad shouldered kind of man. Now, I'll go for anyone who is kind, laughs a lot and life of the party kind of guy. But if he is big too, I swoon.
BigBlueStar is offline   Reply With Quote