Old 01-10-2011, 02:44 AM   #46  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

hey everyone...i know its a little into the month already, but would it be alright for me to join this thread for the rest of it?

i've been really on point with keeping my eating habits in check for the past few weeks (with the exception of christmas), but my thirty days of commitment are focused on exercise. my plan is doing 30 Day Shred 3x week, yoga 3x week, and 30 min of jogging on the treadmill on the days i do yoga. and one day of rest. i've recently been laid off my job, so i got the time to work out!

looks like you ladies have been doing really great! really very inspiring
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:09 AM   #47  
ish

S/C/G: 239/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Wow, everyone is doing so well. I love this thread. Keep up the great work!

Today is day seven for me, and for me my main goal is just the basics. Logging all my food and logging in here. Of course that usually leads to some better choices, too. Right now though I'm just happy that I have been keeping track.

My average consumed calories over this six day period was 1800. My lowest day was 1500 and my highest was 2100. What this has helped me realize is that I probably normally consume closer to 2500-3000. Ah! Not good.

Does an average of 1800 calories per day seem like I might lose some weight at 220 pounds? Without exercise? Unfortunately I dont have access to a scale or anything right now so I can't monitor my own progress the normal way. I am off the continent on buisness for a while.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Keep up the great work, everyone. It seems like we all have very different goals, but I know we can inspire eachother to stick with them, whatever they may be!
ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #48  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I got my 3 days of workouts in last week *WAHOOO!!!* I really wanted to go for 5 but it didn't happen. Most of my days were OP (including the weekend which is RARE!). I didn't drink enough water this weekend, but I'm okay with that too. I still feel like the train is at motivation station.

I weighed yesterday and was down to 182.4 which is a 6lb loss for the "week" but truth be told I didn't weigh until Tuesday so it's not quite a week yet. Weighed this morning and I was back up to 184.4 but my hands were swollen from eating some soup that was high in sodium yesterday. I'm crossing my fingers for a 6lb loss for the entire week. We'll see tomorrow.

Also, it's supposed to snow here and that means no gym. Guess I'm going to have to bust out the 30DS video.... I have a treadmill and rinky dink elliptical in my garage but BRRRRRR its soooooo cold!!!!

Here's to another awesome week of doing this together!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:44 AM   #49  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I'm so glad everyone is doing well. I love this thread it's a lot easier to keep up with stuff when it turns into a short goal thing rather then a random few months thing. (if that makes sense?)

So I took the weekend off from working out. I was going to go Saturday but after brining in my car all I wanted to do was sleep so I never ended up going. I know my workout was suppose to be 7 days (well 6 with a day of rest or P90X stretch.) I did workout monday to friday though...

So as I stated if I miss three workouts no reward for me. So far I've missed one. But I'm thinking of changing my scedule to working out Monday to friday (the days I work it'll be easier for me to head to the gym instead.) and doing the weekend with a video instead of the gym. (My gym is kind of far plus this weekend the roads were crap to do anything due to our lovely snow storm haha...not a good excuse I know) I partied this weekend so sunday a workout sure as heck wasn't going to happen. I've also missed my weekly weight in this week, so I'm just going to wait until next sunday to do it again.

Today I meet with a personal trainer at the gym to discuss my goals and what I want to accomplish. I'm kind of excited today is all about the talking, and the next time we meet up she'll show me how she'll train for me and if I like her I'll keep her for the rest of the time.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140s

So I was doing well seeing a downward trend, but my poor choices on Sunday put me back a couple of pounds. I sure hope I make my 1/13 goal! =)
swells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #51  
trying to impress myself

how did everyone do today?

i did my 30ds and brisk walk on the treadmill-for some reason though, i can't seem to put pressure on my right hand the way you normally would when doing a push up. i had to turn it to the side if the makes sense. the muscle (?) right under my thumb was sore or something. weird. hope it goes away soon....
Old 01-10-2011, 11:56 PM   #52  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I am doing well today, really sore from getting back into the gym! Just about to make dinner and have a rest Saw a low number this morning which is exciting!

fill- does that normally happen? if it does maybe its just a weakness, my wrists are pretty weak and i think being lighter makes it easier to do pushups. Or maybe its just cramp?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #53  
trying to impress myself

yay for a low number, iconised!

i'm not sure what it is...it's not from working out, i know that for sure. it started when i wasn't working out regularly- i think it might be carpul tunnel (i can't spell...) i hope not. i just got laid off and cobra insurance is too expensive. i just hope it goes away. tomorrow is my yoga day. downward dogs won't be easy...lol
Old 01-11-2011, 12:23 AM   #54  
ish

S/C/G: 239/ticker/165

Week one of staying on plan and I managed to get to a scale. It looks like I lost 4 pounds this first week!

Now I just need to work harder, as I know most of this is probably water weight.
ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 156/155/140

Height: 5'5"

I've been following this thread and finally scored to post! Ive been op since the 1st...let's hope I can maintain this motivation!
Pinkberrry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:43 AM   #56  
Lifes a Journey

So I had to weight myself today for my PT for wednesday. I'm still at 164...@^(&*)%($#^*#*%^**^#(%$%#()$%($#%#$(%#($@!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was the first day I did the gym by myself...I have to say I friggen LOVED IT! I never used to be a gym person but than again I hated the gym because it was both males and females. Maybe now that it's just a female gym I'm far more comfortable or at least trying to get that way. I did the tredmill for 30 minutes (running and walking) and the eliptical (omg that killed for the first 5 minutes.) haha. I see my PT on wednesday, yesterday was more so talking about my goals which are:

To drop 20 pounds
Become more flexible
and to be able to run a 5K by may.

She asked me if I could do this without her, I said probably since I've already lost 20 on my own, the 5K if I trained hard enough but I just need something new to help keep me going. Ya know?!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #57  

miz - That makes sense, I know if I had someone else there pushing me I'd probably make better progress with some things. Also, it helps to have a buddy to stretch with if you want to become more flexible. =)

pinkberry - You can do it!

ish - Yay for 4 pounds! (water weight or not)

Scale went down a bit today... doing fine. =)
Old 01-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #58  
Lifes a Journey

Today is the day with my personal trainer we're actually going to work out now. I worked out yesterday, an hour of cardio, 10mins of weights, 10 minutes of abs and I was out of there.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #59  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Hey ladies! Checking in with all of you...

I've been signing onto the board but haven't posted in here in a few days. Eating has been OP which is a HUGE accomplisment because I was iced in at home yesterday and I didn't try to eat everything in the house out of boredom.

I def need to increase my water intake and I haven't been to the gym this week due to inclement weather, so it's time to jump on it.

Still glad to see that everyone is doing so well!!!!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #60  

I'm still doing well with my commitments to you all (and myself of course). I haven't have fast food since I started, no candy/cakes/etc, and no soda. I think this is the longest I've stayed motivated in a while... So thanks to all of you for just coming in here and keeping your commitments also!!

It looks like everyone is doing pretty well! Hooray!

miz - How'd your personal training session go?

feral - Iced in?! Eeps! Good for you staying on plan!

Last edited by swells; 01-12-2011 at 01:43 PM.