Epic search for "THE PAIR" of Eyeglasses - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 11-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #1  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Default Epic search for "THE PAIR" of Eyeglasses

On this quest, I have come across many options, but nothing that slapped me across the face and said, "Me! Pick me, dang it!"

But...
OMG...
I had one nearly break my jaw and say, "I'm so cool, you know you want me".
To which, I ran away like a frightened kitten!

Behold:

http://www.funkytrend.com/unique-pierced-eye-glasses/

So... Can I get some help with less... *gulp*

Okay, yeah, I think the above is fricken awesome, but 100% likely to completely freak out my boss and coworkers and I am definitely not brave enough to try it. (And, my ears are the only pierced thing I've got) and the above is just WOW.

Can I get some ideas/links of frames/rimless glasses that are unusual or just plain cool lookin'? My lonely quest isn't getting very far without another set of eyes and contacts are not the way to go for me.

I am down 60 pounds, my hair is about to get chopped into a very previously-not-me style tomorrow, I think there will be color ("natural shades") involved.

I am looking to ditch the black frames in my avatar (will update it after hair cut to show what I'll be workin' with). And I need 20somethings' HELP! I stink at pickin' out glasses. And I want a pair that I can be proud of.

Last edited by zanheltangia; 11-17-2010 at 02:38 PM.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #2  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

OMG Zan, it took me a second to figure out how the heck those were staying on.... I'm with you on the running scared, although it is rather cool!

These are kinda edgy, I saw the pics of your new hair, with the changes you're going to make to it, I'm not sure what it's going to look like, but I'm sure it will be awesome!

http://www.framesdirect.com/framesfp...-lcoeqh/r.html
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

First thing...OUCH!

They are a pretty interesting concept, but look like they hurt! I've never seen anything like those! WOW! (I totally ran away like a scared little kitten too!) How much are they?

Last edited by guamvixen; 11-17-2010 at 02:55 PM.
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:54 PM   #4  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Height: 5'7"

holy crap, those are intense! but also all sorts of awesome?!
aml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #5  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Height: 5'7"

also - i love colored frames, it's a nice alternative from the black. or tortoise shell, my last glasses were dkny tortoise shell frames and i loved them. oooh, or cat eye frames if you feel like you can pull 'em off
aml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:46 PM   #6  
Warning 3FC Addict

Just looking at frames on Zenni Optical is making my brain explode... So many options, sooooooo overwhelmed.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:47 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5

those are weird. And people would be staring at them all the time. Do you want them to look at you or your glasses?
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #8  
Warning 3FC Addict

Naw, I'm not getting the eyeglass piercing.
It was just an attention-grabber/conversation-starter,

Though I have nothing against them. Hey, people have done and will continue to do stranger things, in my honest opinion.

Edit: Oh, more on the "you or your glasses" part. I don't wear jewelry, so it's my only accessory. I'd like 'em to stand out, *shrug* But I guess I could just go rimless and get a pair that blends in instead. I don't know... which brings me back to the plea for help .

Becca, those are pretty similar to what I've had before frame-wise, but I haven't done that color yet. Hm.

aml, cat frames, eh? Hm. I'll have to try some on and get pics to get opinions. I need to get my eye exam done anyway, so I can try some standard frames out in the store. I was planning on probably using Zenni again, so I have a wider range than what the local shops have, but at least this way I have an idea.

Last edited by zanheltangia; 11-17-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #9  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

Zan - I though they were slightly cat-like without being TOO 50s... Thought they might look nice with the new hairstyle! Good luck in your search! Might be good to go to a store and narrow down what style you're looking for by trying them on..... Never know what they would look like.
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #10  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Okay so I'm a HUGE glasses fan! Not sure what your style is..glasses should speak to the persons style.

These are my favorite pair by Coach:

Both Coach and Chanel have glasses for ANYONE's style! Personally, I think rimless stands out more then blends in.
GOod luck on choosing! Let us know what you decide!

Last edited by Krizstyling; 11-17-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:52 PM   #11  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Kriz, those are wicked cute!

The piercing glasses freak me out! Do the hook things stay in, like when you sleep? What if they got caught on something? Ah!

Zan, my post was not at all helpful, sorry.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:10 PM   #12  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I love Zenni Optical, if only because you can order 5 pairs and they're really cheap, so you can change your glasses to fit your mood. This is what I do, and I'm never bored - they match different outfits, "business Amanda" vs. "weekend Amanda", some are sunglasses, etc.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #13  
Warning 3FC Addict

That's what I was thinkin', Amanda.

Just keep swimming, the guy said that he's tried sleeping with them still on (with no problem)... eeee, yeah, I wouldn't think to attempt that. What if he gets smacked in the face with a ball or something, right? yeouch!!!

Kris, those are awesome glasses! I was thinking about getting a white pair too. Hard to go wrong with white (unlike the lime green color I had looked at a minute ago! haha)

Funny that you mentioned the 50s, Miss, I was thinkin' about going real old school and picking up a pair from the 18th or 19th century or something truly retro '60s or something on ebay and getting my prescription put in them. That's what some of the civil war actors do, and I'd have a talking point right on my face when I meet new people, haha, I love history! An old pair of wire glasses would be rather steampunk if put together with the right set of clothes,
Old 11-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #14  
Warning 3FC Addict

Oh, and side note Kris, I am so jealous of your skin!
You're so pretty!
Old 11-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #15  
losing and schmoozing

S/C/G: 175/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
I love Zenni Optical, if only because you can order 5 pairs and they're really cheap, so you can change your glasses to fit your mood. This is what I do, and I'm never bored - they match different outfits, "business Amanda" vs. "weekend Amanda", some are sunglasses, etc.
Wow - that's awesome!! So cheap, it almost seems too good to be true... what's the catch?

Seriously though - uh-oh, some of my disposable income may be headed their way soon...

Last edited by cornellchick; 11-17-2010 at 10:40 PM.
cornellchick is offline   Reply With Quote