Old 10-19-2010, 02:48 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

Height: 5'5

Didn't eat any ice cream yesterday, but I probably ate too much brown bread. No more buying that, it cost 500 yen (5 dollars) anyway. I haven't lost any weight for the last two months and its seriously starting to bum me out. I've decided to drop my calorie intake to 1200. It's low, but I need to be losing more weight. Being a size 14 unacceptable!

Any suggestions on keeping energy on a low calorie diet? I'm cutting all the junk I can.

What I ate today
yogurt, blueberries, oatmeal, and brown bread with butter. Probably about 400 calories

school lunch (ugh I hate eating it) about 600.

Guess I'll be eating some egg whites and fruit for dinner.
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:02 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Icon Urgh! I love them so much but I freak out about not knowing the calorie count hah!

elleohelle How many calories are you currently eating?
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:02 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

you guys stop talking about cake! now i want some!!

rainbow: yeah, they have hellokitty everything here and i'm obsessed with it, in fact, the new digital scale i ordered from amazon.jp is hello kitty!! i could totally send you some baggies if you wanted them, haha, they sell them at the 100 yen shop. oh and i love starbucks too... it feels so wrong to have to "plan" a starbucks drink into your daily calories....

krampy: i'm broke too but then again, payday is tomorrow! but i will be stopping by the 99shop for supper tonight... eh.

ah, i survived today! big day at school, seeing the kiddies at elementary (and krampus, you know how i do hate it so!) but it was actually not so bad this time around. the 5th graders are absolutely adorable, and they were extra cute today for some reason and they are just so happy to be shouting "no, no, i don't have a green cap!" lol (damn that eigo noto...) and there's this one kid who is just so freakin cute i just wanna take him home! but anyways, then my afternoon classes went ok so that's good. don't feel hungry yet so hopelly tonight will be a good diet night... provided you guys stop talking about cake!
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:05 AM   #34  

Kawaii OMG Hello Kitty Scale!! AMAZING. Seriously. How exciting! I would totally love some baggies but I would have nothing fun to send you in return! It does kind of suck to plan coffee and stuff into calories, but then I plan everything into calories...or...don't plan so much as at least count every single thing I eat or drink. I feel for you with the kids, but then again.... I couldn't do it at all, I don't like kids that much!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:28 AM   #35  

haha, i like kids, just not teaching them i like teaching teenagers though. normally i teach JHS kids and it's kinda perfect because they are just between babies and jaded teenagers.. but anyways.. oh i don't mind about theh baggies, it's like 1$ i like sharing the HK love! lol. i looove hello kitty.. i have a hello kitty wallet, lots of little dangly kitties on my phone, plenty of stationary... the list goes on. now ask me why i'm broke again.. lol. i'll try and take a pic of my scale when i get it!!

elleohelle, i feel your pain. i think i ate too much again tonight. i dunno. probably not but it feels like it. only healthy stuff, but i feel like i have no self-control these days. oh and i ate ice cream! (not so healthy, haha) ;p there are some issues going on with my PA at the moment and she just makes me so angry... i think that has a lot to do with things...
Old 10-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Height: 5'2

Dang yall ladies were full of conversation last night. I guess I should have gotten back on to join in. Stepped on the scale this morning and still 182--I'm really thinking Im at a pleateau again I hope this doesn't happen every 5 lbs I lose! I start level 2 of the 30DS today..pretty excited about that. I'll be so happy when I'm out of these dang 180's...they have drug on for WAY too long...I don't really know what else to do to move it a bit faster..I eat in between 1200-1500 calories, exercise daily rather its just walking or the 30DS, and I drink up to 3 liters of water a day! Please help me ladies. I want to be out by the end of the month but November is approaching fast! Also what kind of exercise do yall do when it starts getting cold outside..I'm probably going to start walking inside our local mall since the park is starting to get a little nibbly and I take my kids with me when I walk.
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #37  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Haha, it was daytime for rainbowstripe, kawaiicandie, elleohelle and me since we're on the other side of the world!

I had a pretty good day today. 1500 calories or so and a big breakthrough with running. 45 minutes nonstop, about 3-4 miles (I have no method of measuring the distance I go since I run erratically up and down parking lots etc). Keeping well hydrated, and managed to go dessert-free except for a 35 calorie chocolate my supervisor at work gave me.

Do you guys have dysmorphia with your face? I SWEAR some days my jawline looks more defined than others, even though my weight has stayed the same for weeks.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

I was draggin a** through my work out last night and I know it's because of all of that nasty food I ate over the weekend. It's amazing how quickly it will effect your body. And I'm with you Rainbow... I never noticed it when it was ALL I ate.

Kawaii I hate that never full feeling. That usually happens around TOM for me. At least you filled yourself with healthy foods. I make sure there are no chips in the house when I am feeling that way!

Rainbow Fried foods used to be my weakness. There is something addictive about fried foods. They definitely do not taste as good as I remember, and I was still suffering from the effects last night. I'm going to stay as far away as possible.

Krampus It definitely is hard to lose weight in this culture. Not only because we are surrounded but like I said... it is our culture. I grew up eating fried pork chops, fried potatoes, corn bread, chicken and dumplings... just to name a few. I guess the difference is my ancestors worked in the fields all day and were far more active so those foods did not pack on the pounds for them. Every time I go to visit my grandparents you better believe they have some kind of delicious food. And my mother smothers me with food. Everytime I go home it's "What do you want me to cook you?" I moved to a larger city last year and we have lots of healthy options, and my boyfriend has learned that I will not go to restaurants where there is not something I can eat on the menu. But when we have visitors and they want to go to the infamous Catfish Hole I get really nervous, because their are no options there.
And I feel ya on the face dysphormia. Some times I look in the mirror and I am like "Whoa! Where did that jaw line come from?" Other days I feel my face is bigger... same with pictures. Weird!

Linds You need to come live with me for a while so I can pick up on your exercise routine. It really is impressive!

JL I have the same problem. I drop a few lbs then plateau... drop a few pounds, plateau. It's just something I have come to expect. I will say when I started level 2 of the 30DS I saw a drop on the scale! Hopefully that will help you. You might want to start measuring inches as well. I need to get a measuring tape because I am sure I have dropped a lot of inches on the 30DS but not so many lbs.
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #39  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Huh. Casey are you sure that they won't do "blackened", broiled, baked, or grilled fish? Try asking your waitress/waiter next time. Sometimes they'll do that for you even if it's not on the menu.

I managed to get calamari/squid cooked without breading one time just by asking (mmm chili and lime sauce!), but sometimes things come prebreaded or "par-baked", so there's only so much they can do. But they should be able to manage something for those who don't want fried all the time.

I managed to turn my folks around, whenever I come to visit them, I cook for them! Otherwise I'd be facing the high calorie food like crazy whenever I ate with them. Sometimes it's good to get a break from the kitchen when you've got "guests".

Ugh, Krampus, I completely get the distortion. I've always "felt" like I was lighter than I really am, sometimes catching a glimpse in a mirror or photograph is a huge shocker!

I hope you "other-side-of-the-world-ers" are grabbing some nice sleep, I've got a couple hours before I can kick open the office door and run away from work for the day .

Kawaii, if I could spend even fifteen minutes in one of your "dollar" stores, *dreamy look*. I want the fruit-shaped sponges and other little cute things! I think there are some websites that ship stuff like that over here to the US, but I haven't quite opened my wallet to them yet .

We've got a lot of McCafe items over here, but I've been lucky when it comes to fast food, I just don't crave/want it.

I meant newbie when it comes to the weekly chats here in the 20 somethings. I think most of my posts are from chatting on threadkiller over in the games section.

I've been slipping up with Oreos lately (namely the chocolate ones). But I don't think the damage is quite that bad... yet , I'll be over them in a bit, so I better work on avoiding the Halloween candy over here in the states. Wah! Crazy holidays!
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Thanks Casey!!! I try!

I HATE when I get forced into lunches out because of my job! Mexican today. I had no idea what to get. I ordered a taco salad with chicken and just basically ate some of the chicken out. When the guy came to take my plate it still looked full. UGH! I just want to sick to my plan exactly! Looks like I'll have to put in a little more time with my working out this week.

Last night I ran my fastest 5k to date! woot! Not that it was anything impressive lol!

I am trying to add 3 additonal workouts this week. Since I already go to the gym 5-6 evenings per week I am trying to walk on my lunch hour twice and do one morning workout. I hope it helps! I'd LOVE to be in the 140's asap!

Hope everyone is having a great day/night hehehe
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #41  

Hey ladies. I'm not sure I'll get a chance to post later and I'm about to head out to go to the dentist, so sorry, no personals!

I'm off to get my silly plastic retainer things that I now have to wear every night to sleep in. Urgh. It's to stop my teeth damaging each other when I clench my jaw, which is apparently stress related.

Zumba was pretty awesome last night! I really liked it and definitely worked up a good sweat! My cousin who is superfit (and had just come from a pump class at her gym) didn't really get into it, but that is her problem really...she said she'll come again with me though which is good. I'll definitely go back next week. I struggled a bit with coordinating my feet and arms, but I did pretty well I think.

Getting my hair re-coloured and cut later on today, trying to decide if I should go a little shorter or just get a trim, which I usually do. Who knows!

Going out for dinner and to an exhibition opening with a friend tonight, trying to get inspired and start feeling creative again as I'm finally going back into my studio tomorrow and going to try to start painting again!

Hope you ladies are all well!
Old 10-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #42  

Rainbow- so glad to hear that you enjoyed zumba!!! I know you were a little nervous about it!

I look and feel like a bloated heffer today...praying because of TOM.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #43  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Rainbow- yeah i managed to get the cal content for burger fuels wraps and chicken tenders a while ago but nothing else lol which is very unhelpful. Good luck at the dentist! Sort that stress out! easier said than done right?

Linds- i hate that too! But i think you did well. these things are always going to pop up so i guess its good to learn to deal with them now Although sometimes i think it would be easier to just strangle people...

As for me, i am trying calorie cycling but kinda blew the low cal day yesterday xD So going to try to keep to the plan and maybe make one of my more average weekend days lower. WHich might be hard since we're going to be at my bf's parents
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #44  

zan - yeah, i can spend hours at the dollar shop! (well not hours with an S but maybe an hour or 30 minutes, haha) some of them are HUGE!

rainbow- well done with your zumba class! another friend suggested it to me but i know that if that kind of thing isn't readily accessible to me (i.e. NEAR. my old gym is about a 25-30 min walk from here with no other ways to get there since i don't drive and my bike is shot, so of course i ended up neverr going...) hope you keep with it!

pretty happy today so far! we have an observation lesson at another school today and it's only at 10am so we were told we can just go there and that means i could get up a whole 2 hours later! i feel sooo much better than when i normally wake up at 6am!! also my scale looks like it likes me again... it was even possibly a little under 79kg so yay. can't wait to get my digital scale though, this "guess the number" game is driving me little bit insane.

hope y'all have a good day!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:26 PM   #45  

I REALLY didn't want to go to the gym tonight....like I was in PJs on the couch slipping into a coma but i forced my booty up and went. Glad I did!