Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #376  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Missjessica:
Welcome, too!
It's gonna drive me crazy when people reply to you, because my name is Jessica too, and my mother calls me "Miss Jessica" all the time. I keep reading peoples' responses to you thinking they're mine!!!

LiannaKole:
Ugh, sometimes the scale can be stubborn as ****... which is why taking measurements can be AWESOME. It's great that you're losing inches, even if the scale isn't showing numbers you want!

LindsB:
I'm in the same boat as you! Evil looming TOM... I'm hoping that's why I've sky-rocketed into the 160s!
Try not to stress too much about the weekend over-eating. A little overeating can be corrected easily by a little perfect eating, so try not to beat yourself up!

SHASHA!!!!!!
Hey lady! Wonderful to see a familiar poster. ^^ <3

Kenzi:
Thanks darlin, I'm hoping they will, too! I was down to 161 this morning from 162.2, and that was just one day of decent-eating... hopefully another couple of days, and I'll be solidly back into the 150s. Getting the TOM out of the way couldn't hurt either...
You're brave, I HATE getting on scales that aren't mine, because it's crushing for me when I get weighed heavier... and I feel like I've suddenly been kicked back 4 lbs!!

mmkay:
CONGRATS!!! Gotta love seeing numbers you haven't seen in a loooong time!!! Very proud, keep on going!

Rainbow:
Booo to the work! Wishing you a kick-@ss weight loss week, and just try to enjoy the little things around the work!

Swimmin':
Ahhhh, heeeey!!! Yay, more familiar faces.
And YES, I'm determined to be there soon! 161 today!

Lily:
WOO! Happy for you that whatever gain you had was just water weight. Takes a bit of a load off your mind!!!

As for me....
Down from 162.2 to 161.0 this morning! Haven't had a PERFECT day.. I had a couple too many low-calorie snacks. But at least it was a few too many low calorie snacks, and not... you know, an entire box of 850 calorie mac 'n cheese.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:11 AM   #377  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

I'm pretty upset. I am back up to 149 today after a major disaster on Saturday night. I know I semi-deserve it and that TOM is looming, but it still totally sucks.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #378  

just keep swimming - Im trying to be "normal" by summer as well! Its been a while since Ive sported a bikini ) Im sure you can do it!

Jelbb - thank you!! It sure does

LindsB - Hang in there, you'll get past this in no time

Ive hit some uncharted territory, I got on the scale today expecting to see 157.something again but instead I got 156.8! Now I know the scale isn't broken because my husband gets on it and it tells him he's gaining, but it tells me Im loosing.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:57 PM   #379  

Lilly- I cannot get over how great you look in your pics from Vegas! If you do not liek what you see in those pics, girlfriend you are CRAZY! Congrats on your new low! So exciting!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #380  

LindsB - thanks!! I'm not completely satisfied yet, but I did like seeing the pics and realizing that I don't look fat per say ) Still gotta work on my tummy though, I want it to be completely flat so I can wear a bikini!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

kenzide, haha too funny, i do that too but i don’t usually pay a ton of attn to the number... my weight fluctuates so much during the day with eating/drinking.

mmkay, YAY you so exciting to see a new low! and are ya kidding?! 150=no longer overweight too?? you’re well on your way. i’m so thrilled for u!

just keep swimming, you and me both girly!! bikinis at the beach this summer!! we can do it!

rainbow, you are very inspiring. even if you don’t feel it you’re always so positive and uplifting, AND you let little weight loss setbacks just roll off your back... bc you know that you’re going to keep going! it’s nice to have someone like that to look up to. truly!

lilly, i LOVE vegas!! dueling piano bars are my fav, there’s also one in Harrah’s and one in New York New York that are insanely fun! never been to the stratosphere tho, gotta check that out next time i go! AND yay you!!! how awesome to shed that weight.

linds, don’t beat yourself up too much darlin! just reassess and figure out what happened, and adjust it’s just water weight on the scale, you’re at 147 and u know it...

jelbb, haha aww how i’ve missed u and your mile-long posts!!! always such a pick-me-up to read what you have to say! glad the scale is moving in the right direction (and so quickly!), and once you get your habits completely in check, the weight will melt off again. (man i miss mac n cheese lol)

and me-- well, i’m so happy to report that i weighed in at 147.0 today! i’ve seen that number before but i immediately ate the fridge and was back up the next day. so i’m determined to make this one stick!!! i haven’t see 146 in YEARS, i can’t wait till that little number is blinking between my feet. headed to the gym in a few and then later today, my honey and i are taking xmas pictures. Happy Monday all!
Old 12-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #382  

Shasha- thanks for the encouragement!

Lilly- you don't look fat AT ALL...not even "per se"! You are smokin', own it!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:49 PM   #383  
Queen Yo-yo

LindsB:
Aww, honey, I'm so sorry to hear that you were upset, or upset with yourself... seeing the scale bounce up after a small mistake... especially when you're just working so hard in and around it is just... rough. Try to hang in there. Know that it's just a temporary set-back, and rededicate yourself to kicking some butt until you're back down!

Lily:
Lady, don't doubt the scale! You're losing because you're working hard, NOT because the scale is busted!!! Keep at 'er, and congrats!

Shasha:
AHHHH, way to go!!! Gotta love seeing numbers you haven't seen in ages... and you are gonna be at that 146 in NO time, WELL DONE!!!!

And as for me...
161.0 again today... was a liiiittle bit disappointed, but... TOM is still looming (....TOM, where are you... stop freaking me out like this....), so I know I'm retaining water. The point is, I'm back on the right track.

I've also started watching back seasons of Biggest Loser that I missed again. I always find the transformations and the hard work and dedication so... incredibly inspiring.

I wasn't perfect today. Again, I fell into the bad habit of snacking TOO much on low-calorie snacks. I just... shouldn't have snacky foods around. Things like 100 and 150 calorie granola bars or ice creams... I wind up having a few too many of these things, and it throws my calories over the top of where I'd like them to be.

The eating in the car thing, too... Bad, bad, bad, BAD. When I'm commuting an hour and a half both ways every day, I just.. get into that awful habit of stopping and grabbing something to eat. I think it's boredom. 4 months of 3 hour commutes every day, and I am just SICK of the inside of my car.

Tomorrow's goal: No eating in the car on the way TO school, or back from school.

Will check in tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #384  

Linds, no prob lady hope tomorrow’s WI is nicer to ya!

Jellb, i’m the same way with snacks! I will forgo actual meals so i can snack on crap all day--even low cal crap. i’ve had to purge my cupboards =/ boredom is a big one, i could see why you’d want to snack. beef jerky is a healthy snack that requires a lot of chewing... u know, if you’re desperate for something. or u could try singing along w the radio/a cd! i like to rock out, it gets my mind off whatever is plaguing me. good luck!
Old 12-13-2010, 11:47 PM   #385  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks everyone (belatedly, but still)! I did see a loss, but it will undoubtedly backtrack somewhat as I'm starting a more intensive cardion & weight training routine (if I can get my friend to help!). Water retention - yay. Ah well, it'll go away.

So, I'm officially 146.2! Now if only my calfs would shrink some more (darn things are muscular, too).

Had some yummy hot cocoa I made myself. Only 20 calories - that pleases the calorie counter in me. Heh heh.

shasha12, LiLLy19, Jelbb: I didn't measure from the start (gah, I wish I had!), but I have a good idea of it. Not pretty. I do like watching the inches fall off. And I also have too-small clothes I measure by. I need more than the scale to stay sane.

KenzideRhae: Thanks! And wow, your avatar picture is so pretty! (It's you, right?). Your hair is gorgeous!

mmkay: Thanks so much! Wow, we do have similar stats! It's nice you started losing weight sooner, though - I wish I'd started earlier. Developed a pouch above my belly button right B4 I started losing - dang thing won't shrink now...could have avoided that one. And congrats on being so close to getting out of the overweight category! It's so exciting, isn't it?

LindsB, Rainbowstripe: Thanks! Any shrinkage is a veeery good thing in my book! I love seeing myself get smaller through the numbers (as I'm apparently blind to it in the mirror and pictures).

Last edited by LiannaKole; 12-14-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:41 AM   #386  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Jellb Congrats on the loss, don't worry that you aren't moving too too often - it will come off And thanks for the good wishes!

Linds Hang in there!!

LiLLy Yay the weight is coming off! Your Vegas photos are so pretty

shasha Aw thank you. I guess it feels nice to be inspiring (even though I am still not entirely sure about that :P) and congratulations on your loss! How exciting for you to see 146! Crossing my fingers it's soon

Lianna Yay on the new weight!!

No new weight here, won't be weighing again til Thursday I thinks... not sure if I'll see anything different, but I'm continuing along, keeping it real
Old 12-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #387  
Queen Yo-yo

TWO exams and an assignment due today, so I'm running too late to do personals, BUT I'm 160.6 this morning!

Also, I'm mildly hysterical because my TOM still isn't here when it usually tends to come fairly promptly at the end of my pill cycle, and I'm like, "Oh dear god in heaven, where are you." Considering knee-jerk reacting and buying a test.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY, ALL!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #388  

shasha12 - Oh I didnt know those places had it too, Im sure their drinks would have been slightly cheaper than at the Palazzo ) Good job on the loss!!!! Im sure you'll be at 146 in no time! You should post a x-mas pic when you get them

LindsB - hahah thanks will do

Jelbb - I love watching Biggest Loser just for the transformations. I dont usually watch the whole show, just the beginning and the end hahah. But it is inspiring ) Good luck on your test!! And hope your TOM shows up already

LiannaKole - Yeah I like putting on the too small clothes and realizing that they are now a little too big ) But for some reason I am scared of measuring and knowing how many inches I am lol. Irrational fear huh?

rainbowstripe
- thank you ))))
Old 12-14-2010, 10:48 AM   #389  

back up to 148.2 this morning! ugh... combo of a high sodium day yesterday, aaaannd tossing and turning all night. makes ya retain water, i hear. i feel poufy today!

will be back for personals later, ladies
Old 12-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #390  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello all! I come to you from the 160's thread, because over the weekend, and Monday I was 159.5 and 159! YAY!

Can't wait to get to know you all!
Closed Thread