Old 10-02-2010, 01:30 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

It took getting below 140 to get rid of my belly. I still have just a little flub right below my belly button and I doubt that will ever go away, but the top part is lean.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:03 AM   #17  
no gravity!

S/C/G: 301.5/185/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm a classic apple shape: fairly "normal" thighs, no hips, no butt, small bust and MASSIVE belly. I think apple bellies are what happens when athletic framed people get overweight. I have a long torso and short legs and when I was younger I was always athletic-when you're built so low to the ground you generally have good balance and are naturally good at sports when trained up a bit. Since I stopped sports (swimming, soccer, running, footy, etc) I notice ALL my weight is in my belly which definitely has that creepy double roll. The only thing that helped it go away is serious core work (pilates particularly helped me keep it in check back in the day). You'll always be a bit wider in the middle but it will migrate from being a wide from the side to wide but solid from the front. As you lose fat, the belly will be the last to go and you will never have that hourglass shape but hey apples can be sexy too!!!

Also, it might just be that people are shy about commenting on your weight in general. I always feel so weird talking about weight with people who I'm not super close to. I would probably never tell a coworker "wow you've lost weight" because a. you don't know what's going on with them or whether it's intentional or not and b. I'm always afraid they'll be like "omg she thought I was fat before!!!???" lol
moon safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:49 PM   #18  
Cookie

S/C/G: 88.0/83.7/63

Height: 170cm

Unfortuantely I'm going to say some things which are discouraging even more.

The problem is the fat in the front area of the torso is often the type that interferes with Metabolism - it is the most important area to loose - for pure health reasons (Think diabetes and heart disease).
Unfortunately it's incorrect to say it's better for baby making, it's the pear shapes and hourglass shapes that are the ideal babymaking shapes.
I suspect there is a fabulous svelte, slender build there waiting to come out, but it could take you even longer if indeed it is Metabolic Interferring Fat.

I have the stomach, it's metabolic fat. I do feel the frustration.
Invest in the the push up bras they will make you feel more feminine.
I've got decent sized bust (DD) but they flop in a funny way so I need to wear bras that push me up and in- and yes I still wear padding in my bras. Funny how even the big boobed girls need engineering to look and feel like the media tell us we should.

The phrase I like to use when commenting on somebody's weight is simply - 'you look well' or 'you look fit'. I prefer 'you look well'
What do you say to somebody who has lost a lot of weight but doesn't look well? 'You look like you've lost weight - have you been trying or have you been unwell?' it's a bit personal.
Cookc04 is offline   Reply With Quote