Old 09-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #16  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

So ladies I totally have been MIA from the boards only because I dont feel like I've been OP at ALL! I really need to get my eating in check...but I did do a workout yesterday and today so hopefully that will spark some healthy eating. I have been slowly losing but I know I would be closer to my goal if I actually tried.

Glad everyone is still alive! I felt like I was the only one skipping out on chats.
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

kate- I'm atually in Toledo... kind of a last minute change... It's like a bajillion degrees here today

Icon-I love you

Becky- I was off track too and this what was lacking in my life... I was off track on the eating somewhat...good decisions and then really bad ones... but my exercise is still pretty intense

Jenn- thank you!

I joined a bowling league for the law school.. tuesdays are bowling night and I really enjoy the hanging out aspect not the bowling aspect...also joined the law school soccer team... I'm all kinds of crazy

Law school makes you go insane... I swear...and there is free pizza on a daily basis between club meetings and mandatory meetings...they always feed you...and its always pizza
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #18  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Amanda - if you like your veggies a little crispier, you could cut down the cook time a little. I usually go 8 hours on low, but you could 7 hours instead. I don't have a recipe I usually just throw a bunch of veggies (fresh and frozen, sometimes canned) and some beans in the crock pot with some sort of meat. Today I am using stew meat. I add in either some tomato soup and water or today I did beef broth and water then some seasonsings.
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 228/158/148

I can't wait for it to get cooler here so I can make turkey chili and lots of different soups. Lunches seem to get easier in the fall bc soup and chili are good leftovers. I'm doing pretty good so far this week, but it is only Tuesday haha.

So glad to see all you girls are still around!
mojolove05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:04 PM   #20  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleyisLove View Post

Icon-I love you
I love you too And I hope you never threaten to stab me
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #21  
Crabalocker Fishwife

S/C/G: 323/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

The past two/three weeks I've made a kind of vegetarian minestrone soup, similar to Olive Garden's, I suppose. I LOVE IT! I eat it for lunch several days and it's very delicious--all veggies and beans, with the exception of a little bit of pasta shells. I had a friend over the other night who had two bowls of it!

I went to the gym this morning for about an hour and it was so nice. I'm going to try to get myself on a routine where I go after my 8:00 classes during the week...I think it will work out well.

This weekend I'm going to The Big E, a huuuuge fair in West Springfield, MA. I'm trying to be really good this week so I don't feel as bad when I indulge in delicious but-oh-so-deadly fair food. Haha.
taliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #22  

This morning's HG newsletter was full of soup recipes. Here are the links for some of them in case someone is looking:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/week....php?isid=1971
http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/week....php?isid=1649
http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/week...649#souptonuts

Hope everyone has a good day. It's time for me to get my shower and start my day. *YAWN*

Last edited by mojolove05; 09-22-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #23  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Good Morning Ladies!!! Well I feel like this week is off to a good start. 2 days at the gym so far, going again today.... eating has been OP minus the super small sliver of chocolate chess pie my dad brought home last night. I swear my parents are the bane of my "lifestyle change existence." I totally justified it (but it is kind of true)... I had a really super small piece and that way I won't be craving it all week and then finally caving in and eating a HUGE piece.

To those of you that mentioned soup I will have to go find the link in the SB forum, but I have the recipe for Carrabba's Italian Lentil and Sausage soup. I eat it ALL of the time and it's great for left overs. You can of course modify it as needed , but it's super, super yummy!
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #24  

Feral - Was that pie from Angus Barn? mmmmmm I love soups! Its such a great way to get veggies in your diet. Apparently on SB i'm supposed to be eating 4.5 cups of veggies a day. I think I have only been eating about 2 cups. There will be lots of bags of Steamfresh veggies in my shopping cart this week!

Just found my new favorite snack....Turkey Pepperoni with Laughing Cow cheese. I made little sandwiches. YUM! The serving size is 14 - 17 pepperoni's! I've also read on the SB forum that you can nuke the pepperoni and make "chips" out of them. Also, if you buy the shredded parmesan cheese in the canister, you can spray a plate with olive oil, make 3 little 1/2 dollar size circles of parm cheese (about 1 tbsp each) and then microwave for a minute or so, let them cool and them break them up (they get crispy) and they are a great alternative to croutons in a salad.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #25  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Haley - You be careful in Toledo! My cousin from MI went to Toledo and had his car broken in to 4 times last year... He switched schools! Get some mace, okay?

And... OMG. I wish I was done with this weight loss. I'm still loosing, which is great, but I hardly have time to work out. I mean, I got up at 5:30, got ready and got to work at 7. I work till 3:30, home by 4. I need to prime the kitchen cabinets and tape/plastic everything off so when I spray them I don't get paint all over the house. And I need to make dinner. And laundry, or I won't have clothing tomorrow. I need to work out. And also sleep and eat. I can't imagine adding kids and school into this mix right now. I don't go to bed until 11:30 (usually) and I'm going from the second I get up until I go to bed. Sigh.

Oh, crap. I have to go to the store today too. And the bank. OMG.

Last edited by kateleestar; 09-22-2010 at 10:36 AM.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:42 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Thanks for the soup suggestions, ladies. And snacks, Jenn, I love Laughing Cow, I'll have to pick up some turkey pepperoni.

My dogs woke me up every 60-90 minutes last night because I'm an idiot and in a pinch (unable to make it to the store that carries their food) bought a bag of Iams at CVS. Oh. Em. Gee. I have nothing nice to say today Oh, I did get in a 1.5 mile walk last night.. nothing big, but a second consecutive night of activity, so I was satisfied for the time being.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #27  

Jenn - my favorite SB snack is deli turkey roll ups (you spread cream cheese on the turkey and heat it up, take it out and add green olives (or not) then roll it up). I'm not on SB any more but I still like it as a snack. Especially since you can get individual serving containers of cream cheese. Also a big fan of turkey pepperoni. I don't really like the regular pepperoni now because I think it is bland.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #28  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

OMG you guys are making me hungry! What great suggestions for snacks! Thanks guys.

Jenn - um yes.... CC Pie from the flippin' Angus Barn. That is an orgasm in your mouth, serious face.

I love turkey pepperoni but try not to eat it too much because I could eat the whole bag in one setting and the sodium is through the roof. I never thought about parmesian vs. croutons. Cool idea.

Have any of you tried kale chips? I made those a few weeks ago. Great alternative to potato chips.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral View Post
OMG you guys are making me hungry! What great suggestions for snacks! Thanks guys.

Jenn - um yes.... CC Pie from the flippin' Angus Barn. That is an orgasm in your mouth, serious face.

I love turkey pepperoni but try not to eat it too much because I could eat the whole bag in one setting and the sodium is through the roof. I never thought about parmesian vs. croutons. Cool idea.

Have any of you tried kale chips? I made those a few weeks ago. Great alternative to potato chips.
HAHAHAAHAH!
Old 09-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #30  

mojo- the turkey roll ups sound good. I feel the same way about turkey sausage. Cracker Barrell gave me regular sausage one day instead of turkey and I couldn't eat it (wasn't even dieting at the time.)

All this talk about turkey pepp has made me think of Pizza Quesadillas! Like a normal quesadilla, but you use a wheat tortilla, a little tomato sauce/paste, low fat mozz cheese and the toppings of your choice. I usually use the turkey pepp or canadian bacon and pineapple. SO GOOD! And easy.