Old 08-13-2010, 08:46 AM   #1  

Default Ready to...

as my username states, Start Over! Start over as in a new body a new me. I would love to not be so exhausted after my 2 year old nephew leaves because I feel like sleeping for 2 weeks after he leaves! I would just like to be able to keep up with him and be a fit Aunt!

This is totally humiliating but I am the heaviest I have ever been: around 220, and Im 5'7". I would love to get down to eventually 130 or so.
Realistically for my first goal I'd like to drop 20lbs.

I am both sad and happy to say that yesterday was my first official day that I have ever stuck with eating healthy the entire day, drank only water, and did not eat after 8pm! (Pathetic eh?)

I could feel myself wanting to eat bad and just not care but I fought through it and tried not to eat bad. It really is and feels like you're detoxing from a drug when you just don't eat anything you want (cookies, just overall things that are not good for you) But I feel like "empty" today and it actually feels really good to feel like this!

This is what I ate yesterday:

3 egg whites and some pepper
A slice of wheat bread with 2 tbsp of peanutbutter
2 cups of romaine salad mix with 1/4 cup of Italian cheese with fresh lemon juice
And for dinner- one grilled chicken breast with a cup of whole grain pasta with mushroom and olive oil mixed in.
And lots of watermelon for dessert!

I hope that I'm on the right track, I started doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred except for right now since my dvd player took a dive. But I am trying to eat right and walk and eventually work my way up to running.

Day 2 is today...hopefully this gets easier-

Any pointers/advice is appreciated! Thank You..
StartOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #2  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
This is totally humiliating but I am the heaviest I have ever been: around 220, and Im 5'7". I would love to get down to eventually 130 or so.
Realistically for my first goal I'd like to drop 20lbs.
That is why we are all here Oh neat we are the same height and close to the same weight! I notice lots of us are 5'7 lol Goodluck on your first 20!

Quote:
I am both sad and happy to say that yesterday was my first official day that I have ever stuck with eating healthy the entire day, drank only water, and did not eat after 8pm! (Pathetic eh?)
Not pathetic at all. Stay focused on the positive. You did it!! It is one day at a time that will get us there

lol my dvd player died too. So annoying. It just cuts off in the middle of any dvd I try to play. I wish my wii could play dvds lol for not I have to use my husband's ps3 which is hooked up to his computer. Kindof annoying lol

moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/172.6/145

Height: 5'6

It really is a big step to make that decision. It does get easier, especially when you start to see results from your good choices.

What's your eating plan, if you don't mind me asking? My advice would be to make small changes and work your way up. It can be challenging at first to have to track what you eat, workout X times a week, and resist temptation all at the same time. So maybe first try resisting the bad foods and tracking what you eat, then fine-tune your diet, and then add in a couple workouts that you will stick to.

Don't be too hard on yourself, because that won't give good results. Just focus on learning how to be healthy one step at a time. Good luck
AlyssaMcN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:13 AM   #4  

haha thanks moonkissed! I didn't even think about using my laptop, and I just finished doing Jillian and feeling motivated I jogged for about a minute on my treadmill whooo, haha atleast its something!

^as for meal plan I guess I don't really have one. I was trying low carb high protein, but I guess I'm just trying to eat more sensible like what I ate yesterday but maybe only use one tbsp of peanutbutter since the fat is pretty high in it like for 2 tbsp is 16g and 3g of sat fat. But peanutbutter keeps me full.

I really do like Jillian Michaels workout dvd, its only 20minutes and I have only done level1 but I've done zumba for an hour and sweat no where near as much as I do in 20 minutes with Jillian.

But my little nephew is coming over today and I plan to take him to the lake and theres a mile walk around the lake so I figure I can pull him in the wagon for maybe 3 rounds

Thanks guys!
Old 08-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #5  

Well, its only day 3 of eating way better and I didn't think I'd honestly make it!

Yesterday my meals concluded of

breakfast - 4 egg whites and banana
lunch - 2 slices of wheat bread pb sandwich
dinner - romaine lettuce with cucumber, tomato, and jalapeno with grilled chicken and 1/4cup of cheese

Today is day 3 but I feel alot better and I woke up feeling like my stomach wasn't as big so whoo.