Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 11:18 PM   #91  
Dresses and Heels.

S/C/G: 284/Ticker/140ish

Height: 5'7"

OK, one day down, back on track. GO me! Surprisingly, I feel smaller today, like my knees look bonier, and the ring I always wear on my right hand is rather loose. Im hoping for small numbers on the scale sunday.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #92  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

SarahD140~ Great job getting back on track!!!

ShellydeFlores
~ Did you freeze all the food? You could always save it for the next time you have to throw a party, that way your guests will eat most of it...

LacieRene, taliee, Phoenix301
~

My mom's computer decided to be a POS and crap out for almost a week, and this is the first chance I have had since it came back up to get on here! I've been a little off the last few days as I have been doing lots of fund-raising and entertaining! We spent the weekend raising money for abandoned and abused animals and I ironically was put in charge of the baked goods/pie and ice cream table. I was able to restrain myself from indulging in baked goods, but the free blooming onion my sister bought me... not so much. It tasted good, but my stomach was SUPER ticked with me that night and most of the next day. Goal for today is to NOT drink ANY soda, as I fell back into the soda trap this weekend and am just starting to pull myself out of it!
Old 08-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #93  
Crabalocker Fishwife

S/C/G: 323/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

OMG, OMG, I DID IT! I MADE IT TO 289!!!

I have NO idea how this happened...well, this always happens to me. I'll be hanging around a certain weight for a little while and then just will randomly drop a few pounds, hahaha. But hey, whatever, I don't mind!

It really was a surprise, though. I guess I've been doing a lot better this week than I was...definitely not eating as much, and when I do, it's better choices. There was this five or six day period where I was having fast or fried food, like, every day! It was awful. I FELT awful. But luckily I got away from that this past week.

I still don't feel like I'm "trying," though--I'm not watching calories or getting enough exercise; I just haven't had as much of an appetite, I guess. I decided I'd give myself a "break" until school starts and just enjoy the rest of my summer. I also promised myself that on this "break" I would NOT gain any weight...if I was going to lose, great, if I stayed the same, that would be okay. I just want to be able to have onion rings, or pizza, or fried clams a couple of times within the next two weeks, ya know? Not everyday, but a couple of times.

I think breaking up with Jeremy (my ex) and turning 20 was one of the best things that happened to me. It's like a light bulb went off, or something, and I decided I wanted to change. I think part of it was hitting my rock bottom, too. I have really surprised myself this summer...I've never been this determined about making healthy choices or being happy. I know I still have problems with depression (I think that's why I'm not exercising and sleeping too much), but I'm getting there. Also, this thread (and forum in general) has helped IMMENSELY and I really can't thank you girls enough. I'm so glad we're all doing this together and we're doing it NOW while we're young. I'm very optimistic and I know it's all going to work out for all of us. <3

Thanks about the whole bathing suit thing! It's been tough for sure, but I've been having such a fun time I try not to let it bother me. I went to the beach (sans bathing suit, just clothes) last weekend with two girlfriends...they took pictures of course, and I looked TERRIBLE!!! I was like, whoa, I'm really that big?! Good thing I'm taking care of this now!! She posted them all on Facebook and I had to un-tag myself because they were so hideous...lol. What a motivation to lose weight, though! XD

Kim--Good for you and avoiding the baked goods! But ahh, blooming onions...not gonna lie, I wouldn't have been able to resist either. lol. But the no soda goal is fantastic, I totally need to do the same!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #94  
Dresses and Heels.

Thank you KIM, way to go on not eating the baked goods. I too would have eaten the blooming onion lol.

Tallie -Congrats on hitting 289!! WOOO! Your plan to maintain right now sounds like a good one. Enjoy the rest of your summer. I know what you mean about the light bulb going off. I refer to it as a "click", its like it just happened, out of nowhere! I'm so greatful it did, and am even more grateful to be able to go through it w/ everyone here as well. This thread and 3FC have been my biggest form of support and it keeps me going. I usually give up by now. In fact I was reading journal entries from just about a year ago, when I had lost a decent amount of weight and was starting to quit trying. Its a weird thing to experience, reading old journals is like stepping into my past for me. I learn from it... but I digress. lol.

Day two back on track. WOOOO
Old 08-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #95  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Woooohooo Tailee! Congrats! New decade and beyond!

I've gotten back on track today and was doing well until someone at work brought in fresh salt water taffy. My weakness!! I love them. So I had 3. I'm sure way out of my sugar limits!!

Sarah that is fantastic that you are noticing all these wonderful changes in your body. I haven't noticed as much on my body yet but hopefully soon.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:27 PM   #96  
Dresses and Heels.

Keep going Shelly. I am waiting for a 50 lb loss, I am hoping that will be when everyone really notices.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:44 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 291.2/287.7/250

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone. New girl here! This seemed like the perfect place for me so I wanted to comment. So glad to see how successful everyone is with their weight loss so far. I'm hoping to be successful myself. I had one of those "look at the scale and see a bigger number" days today and it has really threw me off track. When I come to this site though it seems to always give me back the motivation I need to keep going. I am really trying to lose my 2 pounds by weigh in on Tuesday. Hopefully even 3 pounds to get me back to the 250s!
I came here to get some support through this long journey and maybe even make some new friends.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:28 PM   #98  
Dresses and Heels.

Welcome MOMMY!!! lol, feels silly calling you that.

3FC motivates me as well, and this thread is my favorite. Now... if only I could take the feeling I have here and apply it early morning, in order to get to the gym....
Old 08-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #99  

LOL I tried so many different things and nothing worked so I went with "mommy". I love the motivation that all the success stories give me. Walked 7 miles yesterday and up early this morning to go again. Finally seen 260 on the scale! WoWoWoWoW!! Hope everyone else is doing good!
Old 08-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #100  
Dresses and Heels.

WOW! Way to go Mommy
Old 08-20-2010, 09:47 AM   #101  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

ive been feeling a little gross lately. I started back on bc and i always feel bloated. My next weigh in is thursday so hopefully ill be down a little. Today im just not hungry. I had a bag of smart food 100 cal popcorn for breakfast lol
Old 08-20-2010, 01:45 PM   #102  

Thanks Sarah. Hoping to get into those 250s soon!

Breanna- Hope you start feeling better soon.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #103  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

I've been really bad about my eating ..actually, I have been really bad with keeping up on anything. Had a family emergency Sunday night and ever since I have been way off course.. emotional eating and eating out a lot. There's so many things changing for me right now and I'm actually feeling like I can't deal with weight loss right now. I know I can do it and I know that actually gaining will only make me feel worse, but sometimes you just feel like giving up.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:50 PM   #104  
Dresses and Heels.

Breana - I hope you feel better soon.

Phoenix - You can do it, but yeah, I too have felt like giving up this week. I'm sorry your going through such a hard time. Whatever road you choose, stick with us, so when your feeling gung ho again we can be here to build you up.

I have been on and off the wagon all week. Its the week before my period, which is always emotional and difficult for me. But I am also dealing with some serious depression and self doubt issues. I am far underemployed and changing that seems so impossible. I feel so very worthless and hopeless. School starts next week, I should be feeling pretty good about that, but instead I am feeling ashamed to not be done yet, and to still be in community college. Nothing about me or my life feels good anymore.(cept the BF, he is pretty great.) N of course my poor choices over the last two weeks make me feel worse. Anyone else ever feel like this? Any advice??

At times I can just pick myself up and push, I'm all out of push.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #105  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

SarahD, I am in a similar situation now. I am not employed and I live at home with my parents and sister. I'm going to be entering my 4th year of college and the second year of my second major, also at a community college. I am starting science classes for my biology degree, something I haven't touched since I was in high school. I should be excited because I love science, but I'm actually worried about it and also worried that I'm going to hate biology as a major and switch to yet another major and be there even longer. Like you, I'm also really doubting myself in several ways. As it is I will probably graduate in 2 years. 6 years total, if I don't go any further as far as a masters or graduate school.

As far as having push to do stuff, sometimes I find myself just hanging in there with everything..Even if I have to take a (long) break or change my direction I don't lose sight of the fact that life will not ALWAYS be this way. Whatever it is that I am doing I know that as long as I hang in there I will have an opportunity somewhere along the line to change things.

My grandpa always says, better days ahead. That is particularly close to my heart right now because the family emergency I mentioned was that he fell and broke his pelvis in two places and fractured his hip. He probably won't be able to bear weight for 2 months before he even can think about walking again. Its going to be a very long road.
Closed Thread