Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #496  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

239!! AGAIN! FINALLLLLY.

Thank you ladies for the words of encouragement!

Tailee- Latkes I believe are with potatoes. I made a shepherds pie a week ago or so using cauliflower mashed potatoes on top. It came out really good. I had my friend over to share it with me but didn't tell her it wasn't potatoes. She knew something was up but never guessed it was cauliflower! It came out pretty good. Definitely not good as left overs though. My poor coworkers had to smell the awfulness of it. It smells to high heaven.

I've been doing well with my eggs again. I think it was the yolks that grossed me out. I do 2 eggs and 1 egg white now with a colby jack cheestick broken up in it and I'm fine. I had 3 slices of cennter cut thin bacon this morning too which helps a lot in getting it all down. Unfortunately I'm also craving orange juice with it now! Bacon and orange juice just go together.

I've got about 23 days until this wedding, and about 12 pounds to go, LOL. I will readjust my wedding goal to 232, so 7 pounds. I'm just hoping I can keep this up and get fully into the 30's, not just barely in the door. I have 15 weeks and 1 day until my graduation day and 40 pounds to go. 2.6 pounds a week. HMM, looks like I'm hitting up the gym. Was hoping to be in a bathing suit by the Summer (which is here already in Arizona) but I guess my winter outfits will just have to be REALLY cute! HEHE. I have thought about it and I know I might need to readjust it at some times but I would like to be 150 by the end of the year. Thats 89 pounds. Holy crap. Thats the first time I've calculated that. Hmm. Thats a lot in less than a year. Maybe I'll need to think about this more! Forgive me for thinking "out loud" through the keyboard. I thinkk I'm going to keep my graduation goal for right now and then figure it out the morning after...as I know I'll probably be drinking a lot that weekend.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:07 PM   #497  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Imtrying - It's ok to fall off, as long as you get right back ok! Yay for the gym membership!! You're right, just take it one day at a time and you'll get there! Keep up the good work!!!

Shelly- YAY!!! *HAPPY DANCE FOR 239*!!!!!! That is sooooooo great!! You are really doing fantastic! Do you realize you are just 40lbs away from onderland??? I am soooo excited for you! I think your new goals look really good and are very doable! Glad you are tolerating the eggs again!

As for me, today I have been binging like crazy! All of my kids and hubby have an upper respitory infection, so it has been a little hectic lately. I have been really focusing on my water intake again, so I will probably retain some water this week, but I need to get rehydrated and stay that way. I'm also going to start my Insanity and Turbo Jam workout videos this Monday. So, I am hoping the workouts will equalize the water retention until my body realizes the water is there to stay. I'm setting a goal of 10lbs per month, I may have to adjust to 8, but right now I think 10lbs a month is a good number. I definetly want to be under 250 by July 5th, my son's birthday. I really want to be around 230lb, since he always has a pool party, but I'm taking it one day at a time.

Ladies, everyone is doing great right now! Keep up the good work!

PS - I have forgotten all about my monthly photo, so I know I'm due for an April one. I'll take it here in a few days.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #498  
Crabalocker Fishwife

S/C/G: 323/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Lorie- thanks for the encouragement!! You are awesome. I think you can make your August goal if you work really hard at it! There are a bunch of ladies in this forum who've lost 100 pounds in 8 or 9 months--if I could only get my act together and achieve something like that! I could've been much closer to onederland had I stayed on track! Oh well, I'm happy I haven't gained. This is the longest amount of time I've gone since...well, in probably my whole life that I haven't gained an excessive amount of weight. That's an achievement in itself!

Imtrying- one day at a time, isn't it so true? I have to keep telling myself this in regards to my schoolwork, too. Hope things are going better this week.

Shelly- CONGRATS ON 239!! That's fantastic, love! Isn't it wonderful being in a new decade?! I love it. And yes, latkes are indeed with potatoes; my Jewish roommate made some last fall--delicious! And typically you eat them with either sour cream or applesauce, so I think that's where Merissa got the applesauce idea. XD I'm so glad to here you're back on track. You've come such a long way and I'm soooo happy for you!

Yesterday was an off-day, as was today...but luckily I've consistently been 278 for a few days (lowest was yesterday morning, 278 exactly. UGH, come on 277!). I'm starting to really notice a difference in comparison to what I was this time last year--my face is significantly less "poofy," and my shape is starting to come back. I feel good.

Well ladies, can you believe we've known each other almost a year now? I think most of us "met" in late June. I'm so happy most of us have stuck around...this has been a GREAT source of a support and I find each and every one of you to be incredibly inspirational. Here's to sticking with it through thick and thin (no pun intended, lol)!
Old 04-09-2011, 12:24 AM   #499  
Oneder Bound

Tailee-I can't believe it has been almost a year already!! WOW! This really has been a great source of encouragement, shoulder to cry on, support--whatever you may call it!! It is pretty fantastic when you can see a part of your old self again. You see certain curves that weren't there before, or certain things become easier to do.

You ladies are a huge part of my life and I really just don't think there could have been times where I could have done this without you all!!

Lorie- I hope everything is okay with your family. Respiratory infections are awful experiences. Be sure to clean as you guys go through this. A 2 week long infection can last months if disinfecting along the way isn't taken care of. I'm sure, with all the experience in the kids you have now, that you know that! You are a fantastic mother!

I was the exact same this morning when I woke up, which I guess is better than gaining. I beat myself up about it for a while sometimes. I would really like to lose at least half a pound a day in order to reach my goals. It's going to be rough but I'm making this commitment to myself. I know slower is better but I also don't want to take 2 more years to be getting my body and life back together. Sometimes it feels like my life really is all about my body. I don't have doubts anymore that I won't do it. In fact since May 24, 2010 I haven't had a doubt that I WILL do this but the time it takes is ALWAYS on my mind. It really is just not an option anymore. I can't give up and I WILL not give up. This is my health, my future health and happiness and my future family at stake. I want to have babies and a husband and a long life full of fantastic experiences where my weight isn't the main factor that keeps me from it all. I don't want to worry about not being able to finish a hike (which is always an awful realization when I go camping) or get stuck on a shopping trip with girlfriends and NEVER be able to try anything on again. Did I tell you ladies that story? Oh geez...well see below for that. Maybe you guys will be able to relate.

Merissa- I know the frustration of being in a new decade and then back out, back in, back out. UGH! I've been doing that for like 3 weeks with 239. This morning I was 239.8...then weighed again (hoping the weight gods would grant mercy) and 240.0 showed up. UGH! It always seems to be right at those "9's" that our bodies are laughing in our face. The 9's seem so much harder than the other numbers! Why is that!?!

OK-the shopping story. A couple weekends ago I text my friend-the one whose wedding I am in- and asked her if she had found the lingerie for the wedding night yet as I knew she was looking around. So we planned a trip to go to the mall. Well this mall event, which I was expecting to be just her and I for a couple of hours, turned into a 5 woman shopping spree. All thin mind you. We went to every teeny bopper hip clothing store. As the bags hanging from their arms began to multiply I stood there with a Barnes and Noble bag (1 book) and a Starbucks. It didn't really hit me because in my head I was still thinking " OK, we'll stop along a couple of stores on the way to all the lingerie and wedding spots". Pfffffff. Not. Guess, Charlotte Russe, Express, NY and Co, Banana Republic, Hollister, American Eagle, Abercombie....so on and on and on. It finally hit me as we were in Forever 21--quite possibly the biggest collection of cute and adorable clothes and 18 year old girls in the world. What hit me was when my bride-to-be's friend looked at me while I waited by the dressing rooms for them all and said,"Do you not like these stores? You don't have any bags and haven't tried anything on." I tried not to look at her with a complete "are you an idiot" look and instead said, "They don't carry my size." She seemed shocked and said, "Well, there are always purses and shoes." There was a back door that led to the parking lot right next to the dressing rooms and I stumbled my way out with blurred eyes, lit up a cigarette and sat in the stairwell and cried. I wasn't angry with them, although possibly annoyed that it wasn't obvious that I couldn't buy any of these clothes much less fit in to them. Do you know how many purses and shoes I have? I don't want those to be my only options anymore. That trip I think is what really made me think "EFF THIS!" My friend that came along with me, my only ally it seemed, asked if I wanted to go to "my" stores. That stung a bit but I knew she was trying to fix the situation. I just smiled and said I'd rather shop by myself. Too much pride I guess.

This weekend is a fast weekend. I have my Beach Body fasting powder again and it's all about cleansing my palette again. Out with the cravings, in with the smaller stomach capacity. Wish me luck ladies!!
Old 04-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #500  

Ladies... so many posts, it makes me !
CAUTION LONG POST AHEAD Lol

my report: im @ 257.5, but I'll take it, just happy to be out of the nasty, clingy, 260s finally... whew! Exercise wise, you guys, i went, then i stopped. I did three classes one day following a day where i did 2 classes, and then I couldnt move or get out of bed. I was so sore, I literally was too tired to eat or move or do anything remotely human that one has to do on a daily basis. So maybe that was too much too soon . Food wise, i did sooo super well. Yes I'd have one slice of whole wheat toast every couple days, bc i dont want my body to inflate once I do start having carbs, but then yesterday someone brought french pastries home and i became obsessed with eating them and i did . I think I'm annoyed that they brought it home, but more so PISSED at myself for having lack of self control.

::sigh:: cant do anything about it now, but just get back on my weight loss little horse and keep trying. I reeeeeeeeeally hope I'm 240-245ish by May 4th. I need to be. After that I'll ease up just a little, but I was hoping April would be my removing the band-aid quick weight loss jump start thing. I have 3 more weeks in April, so all hope is not lost. I REEALLY need to get on here more, you guys are so motivating and inspiring and good at keeping me on track ;-) I'm so happy to have been directed twds this thread and happy to have the opportunity to chat and catch up with you all

Shelly- yeah i hate the "9"s with a passion, and want to run faaaaaaaar from them everytime I pass them up I'm sure tomorrow you'll be a bit more farther than the stupid 240 or 239.9.. sometimes its water weight or something similar. Good luck on the cleanse and jump starting your weight loss this weekend! Also, thank you for sharing your shopping experience. I've had similar experiences one too many times. Its very disheartening and very upsetting. The shopping part gets most to me esp when we're on vacations and everyone wants to shop at the little boutiques that you know carry no sizes higher than like an 8 at most. Cant wait for the day where I can go shopping and buy stuff anywhere without worrying if they carry my "special size". Also, i totally relate to having an extreme collection of shoes and purses. It might sound vain or what not, but we all have our little guilty pleasures --- I LOVE designer stuff, and itd be nice to have something designer thats not an accessory. I'd love a damn dress, I'd LOVE TO BE in the single digit dress sizes genre! lol

Btw what size are you guys (if you feel like sharing)? I dont know what size i am bc I havent gone shopping in a while, but i cant wear my size 24 jeans any more and 3xs are very loose on me now and when I wear them I look bigger than I am. I'm at 2xs shirts and size 20/22 jeans now. But these are just clothes I've pulled out from my cartons I had packed away since I gained weight really quickly. I'm pretty sure I'd be a size 22 dress size or something. I carry most of my weight in my tummy and bubbies. Its horrible. I have skinny girl legs & arms (relatively) and then this big huge tummy, CAANT WAIT TO GET RID OF IT

Tailee- you should be SOOO proud for not gaining excess amounts of weight. Stopping the weight gain momentum is half the battle I think.. the other half, the other harder half is losing -- which it seems you're getting more and more in control of, so CONGRATS on that and on reaching 278! ;-) Lol @ the latkes and applesauce. yeah that was what i was thinking but not sure of howd they go with cauliflowers instead of potatos. I'll try it and let you and everyone know haha.

Lorie: ughh I binged too yesterday boooooo! I'm sorry to hear about the respiratory infections, hope all get well soon! I think your goals for July are totally doable and look forward to seeing the goal achieved post!!! Ummm, by the way have I ever told you, you're my role model?!?! Mother to 5, husband, house work, school and WORK?! you're insanely amazing. I mean that in the best way possible! Man, i have to take everything one at a time, and even then I have a hard time. Finished school, then focusing on weight loss, then focusing on work, then baby, if I have time. But I might just have to learn a thing or two from you and do some of them together Amazing. Really, I mean it.

Alrighty, xoxo, here's to a good week for all of us!!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #501  
Oneder Bound

Merissa- I am a 20 right now. It's ironic because I started off my weightloss at 287 and a size 22/24. 50 pounds later and 1-2 sizes down. Woopee :/

I bought a new pair of pants yesterday that actually hug my @$$ as every other pair of pants I have stretches out. Fits great in the morning and then by afternoon my butt looks awful! They were a size 20. I have lost most of my weight in my face and upper stomach area--and my back it seems. Not much has happened in my lower stomach flap which is where I want it to be leave!!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #502  

S/C/G: Currrent:287

Height: 5'4

Shelly- I laughed and cried about you shopping story!!! I can totally relate. Most times bull like that can be so painful but thank God we are on our way and wont let it get us down!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #503  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Time for a new thread!
Closed Thread