Old 07-12-2010, 07:55 AM   #1  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Default .+*Weekly Chat July 12-18*+.

Quote:
Stellarosa27:

VDay - I got the single serve packs by Sabra. I've never actually made hummus myself.

Taylor - that sounds like an intense hike

So the BBQ was okay - don't know what I accomplished besides getting totally wasted, but we all did that.

I'm currently lying in bed debating if I should work out. I have a meeting in DC so I don't have to be there until 11, but today was supposed to be a rest day, and my legs are achy but I'm going to Seattle on Wednesday, so I should work out today. I dunno...grr...
I copied Stella's post since it was today and started a new thread....

Stella - Whatever you decide to do today will be the right decision I'm sure.

----------------
Welcome back to Monday, ladies.

My weekend was pretty fantastic. I worked out, bummed around the house, hung out with my bro, his gf and some other friends (to which I got lots of compliments because I hadn't seen them in a few months), did chores around the house, made lunches/dinner for the week.

I am so ready to rock and roll - I'm having that "I just broke a plateau high." So excuse me if I keep repeating myself.

I'm officially at my half way point and I would really love to lose another 10 lbs before the new school year starts (Aug 25). It's doable but I'll have to be on my a-game. Then that would give me another 2.5 months to lose another 15 so I'll be 150 for my birthday. We shall see...

Also, incase Josten is lurking around here (and he never posts) CONGRATS on hitting the 100 lbs lost mark! That's amazing!!!!!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day. I'm about to down some coffee and scrounge up some work to do around this place since I'm pretty much at a stand still with things to do.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #2  
Samantha417

Oye what a weekend. The party was fun...I ate and drank so much, and the scale reminded me of that...143 this morning TOM comes on Sunday, I need to go potty, and I could fill the sea with my water weight. I'm at the doctors for a physical right now, and I'll be going running at the track that's next door when I'm done.

I went running with Greg yesterday. He's training himself for the 5k were doing on Wednesday. I told him that I'll be beating him, and he believes it! But at the track, I decided to look like a fool and attempt a pull up. For the first time in my life, I could do one! And not just one, TWO! I'm happy haha!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and let's wish for a happy and on program week!
Old 07-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #3  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Morning Ladies!! I had an eventful Sunday of running around. Did some shopping and bought a bunch of work stuff(not exciting) and some baby stuff Talked to work about coming back next week, THANK GOD!! I am soooo broke its not even funny and I'm tired of being stuck inside with 2 kids...ANYWAYS didn't get to work out yesterday BUT was out and about the whole day til about 10:30 so i guess I wasn't being lazy at least. And I haven't cheated AT ALL in 3 days So that being said I was 216.6 at my doctors appointment on thursday and 214.6 this morning YAY!! Hoping to lose 5 more before work next week BUT that could be unrealistic haha....just dont wanna have to wear my preggo pants.

Feral- YAY for breaking the plateau...you should totally be on a high!!

Samantha- I bet you will whoop his *** in the 5k

Stella- the joys of getting totally wasted at a BBQ...*sigh* a lil jealous
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone, just getting up to go to boot camp, coming back to take a shower and take a nap! I don't have to work on Monday's and it's fantastic.

This weekend was my weekend off of calorie counting but I'm back to it yesterday and today. Jumped on the scale yesterday and I was actually down a pound, but decided not to count it until it shows up that way on Friday when I weigh in again.

I hope all ya'll had a fantastic weekend!
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Stella- just do it like nike when I dont want to workout I just do the elliptical because I think its easy lol

Feral- you're a rockstar... have you made soap fried rice lately?

I cant believe Josten put that on fb... I totally hate saying I've lost over 100 pounds... I mean people are like omg...but then in my head I think that in their head they are like omg you were sooo fat... lol I'm nuts

vday- I seriously only like one flavor and brand of hummus...I've tried a lot but I only like Sabras Roasted Pine Nut kind...and so must everyone else because the store is always out of it...but I got lucky last week and found two of them

Samantha- Good luck with your 5k...I wished I liked running....

Becky- They dont have to know their your preggo pants lol... I hate being home alone so I'm sure I'd hate being home with two kids... oh wait I do that everyday being a nanny and I hate my life...

I'm at 172.4 today ladies...it would be awesome to lose 10 pounds in the next month... I'm going to be super good... I have a big wedding coming up (best guy friend that I totally was in love with marrying a girl that I want to hate but just cant because she seriously is so nice and she likes me and still lets him be friends with me).... last time he saw me he made me uncomfortable...he like was too blown away by my skinniness and hugged me way tooo long...anyways I want to look hot...which means I need a new dress...how is it that I buy a dress every weekend but dont have one for his wedding...grr

I got a super cute jcrew dress for 25 bucks this weekend... my boy is so weird... my bottom half needs to catch up with the rest of me because things are tight on my butt and too big up top...and I only wear dresses in the summer so this is becoming a problem

I also got a really cute new pair of under armour shoes for the gym
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #6  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Well, I went but my legs decided to give out on me on the stair master, so I just did a lot of crunches and floor stuff where I could lay down or sit. I did manage to run a mile though. I think I'm just still super super dehydrated from Saturday.

off to DC all day. Boo.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:37 AM   #7  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies!

Feral- stoked for you about that plataeu breaking high!! That's awesome girl, keep it up!!

Stella- some days my legs can't keep up with the rest of me in my workout... No biggie!!

I'm determined to make this a very active week. I'm going on my long run today, have a soccer game tomorrow, track workout on Wednesday, kickboxing thurs..... Wooooeeeeee!
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Happy (haha...not) Monday!

My weekend was amazing. I started out doing really well diet-wise...and then I went to my boyfriend's house (where I'm usually good at but...). He had a bubble bath waiting for me (I mentioned being stressed earlier in the day). There were 15 candles lit, a bottle of champagne, flowers, and chocolate dipped strawberries, which he made himself. How could I refuse? So about an hour later, he looked at me with his amazing blue eyes and told me he loved me (we've been together for over five months...this was the first time). I melted. *sigh* He is forgiven for sabotaging my diet plans. And of course yesterday I didn't go grocery shopping, so today I have to hike it to the store or else I'm going to end up eating all 25 of my points in one meal.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:58 AM   #9  
Samantha417

ade: THAT IS SO FREAKING ADORABLE!!!!! That is totally worth the splurge in my books!!

Haley: what's the dress look like? I have a bad addiction to summer dresses...I need more!

Stella: at least you got a work out in! Kick butt girl!

Okay so now I'm going running. Because of the weekend, I was feeling...backlogged (for lack of a better term). I didn't want to go running and be stranded on the track with no where to go potty. So now I'm going! I was tempted to go to the gym, but I really need to get used to running outside for the 5k, and my gym membership expires in less than a month. It would be so much easier if I didn't have asthma!

I'm going to be super good from now on. I keep making excuses for myself, and its just not good! I love how I feel when I'm good, so what's keeping me from being good? I was so close to hitting my goal and that just went out the window. I will see 135 darnit!

I'm going go the beach again on friday, this time with the boy . I'm just thrilled that I don't have to drive for once. I'll be packing my lunch, or hitting up wawa on the way. They make a mean turkey hoagie that's only 265 calories. Sold.

So I had to get a tetanus shot when I was at the doctors. The last time I had one was 1999, so I was kind of overdue. That sucker HURT. It's still sore! And it stinks cause it's the arm that I wear my ipod armband. But the doctor said I was very healthy. My blood pressure used to be like...124/80, and it was 110/64 today. I guess that explains how easily I get light headed when I stand up. It's still normal, but "low normal".
Old 07-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

ade that is so sweet!!
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #11  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

Is it Monday again already? UGH.

Feral, congratulations on your success! You've been so determined and motivated so far, I'm sure that you'll be able to get where you want to be before school starts AND your birthday.

BICarter, nothin' wrong with preggo pants. Don't forget that you EARNED them. Congratulations on your success so far!

Audrina, I weigh every day, but don't write down ups and downs unless they happen on an "official" weigh-in day.

Haley, I am sure that you will blow that boy (and his new wife) away. One of the awesome things about living here is that I get (almost) all of my clothes made. So I can get some awesome African fabric and get my dresses made for EXACTLY my body time (big on top, nice and round in the middle, and hey! big on bottom too).

Stella, DC is awesome. Shut up. Seriously, it's my favorite city in the world. I have rough workout days too ... like when I just can't take another step, so I just do cruches and armwork (oh wait, like today).

Jazzang, sounds like you're not just going to hae an active week, but a fun one too!

Ade, your boyfriend sounds like a sweetheart.

Samantha, tetunus shots are the WORST. Mine usually hurt for a few days.

---------------------

I had a great time this weekend. We went to this itty bitty village with no power and no water to celebrate a friend's birthday. He's an anthropology PhD, and is living with friends of ours to learn the local language. We ate and drank a ton (livestrong doesn't have the calories for fresh palm wine ... hmmm), but I also walked several miles while helping prepare for the party, so I figure that's why the scale's back down to where it should be.

This week is about being 100% on plan. I can do it!

Also, I meant to ask last week, is anyone else blogging or on Twitter?
theresac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Samantha- I buy a new dress every weekend almost...I have a problem... next time I get ready I'll take pictures in my two new dresses for you guys

Theresa- I wish someone would make me dresses... I do some sewing on my own so I can rig them when they dont fit perfectly... I modified this one dress and got so many compliments on it... Project Runway watch out haha

Jazzy- Make me a runner please lol
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #13  
I will do this.

I hate TOM!!! But I am still under 200 -- woo hoo. So with TOM and birthday I didn't gain but I did loose 3.5 inches in a week. I will take it!

I am leaving for a back packing trip thursday - sunday. I am really excited about it and my dad put me in charge of all the food ( WOO HOO) so lots of canned chicken, whole wheat noodles, fish (that we will be catching) oatmeal, dried fruit, unsalted nuts... etc etc

I did two hours at the gym today! 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour with my trainer. Tomorrow I have planned a 10 mile hike and weds is 1 hour with my trainer and 1 hour water aerobics!!!

feral Congrats! I want to loose 14 by Aug 23rd so I will have to be on my a-game too! We can do it!!!

becky Hi pretty mama! You are doing so well!

ade AWW that is so cute! I am sure those calories didn't count!

haley Wasn't it yesterday you were 188?? WOAH! You are doing soo well! What is your secret?? You go girl. I am sure you will blow him away!

stella

jazz That sounds like an awesome week! Get it girl!

Last edited by Taylor86; 07-12-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:38 PM   #14  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Theresa - DC is far from my favorite city. I don't even think it makes the top 5...I've gotten over my desire to DC -bash (aside from people not knowing how to get on and off the metro in a timely fashion), but really...not where I want to spend my whole day, especially since I'm in a chilly meeting room.

Taylor -

Samantha - that is really low! Your BP was normal before, as well. Maybe that's why I'm so light headed lately. Hmm.

I need a snack...
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #15  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

For everyone's viewing pleasure, here are some pictures I just took of my lil guy. He's 6 weeks 3 days old now. WOW how time flies by. And a picture of my man and my older son too.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1283163831

Last edited by Blcarter84; 07-12-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote