Old 07-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #1  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Talking Anybody else using nike+?

I just got it yesterday, and I calibrated it today... and ITS AMAZING. I heart that it tells me how many cal's I've burned. I LOVE YOU, NIKE+!

Anyone else on the nike running website? It says I can have friends and we can track eachothers progress...

Now, I just have to figure out how to attatch the sensor to my flip flops... I can't wear running shoes to work! Sheesh!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #2  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

I use it occasionally, but not as my primary fitness source...I'll dig up my link and post it for you if you'd like. Kinda too hot to run outside now lol, I'm a wuss.
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #3  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Im thinking about getting it, but how does it do with walk/run intervals?
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/158/130

Height: 5'3"

Default I do

I use nike+ and I love it. I love keeping track of how many miles I've gone. It's such a great thing. I already have a little bit more than 40 miles under my belt...or should I say sneakers !!

Good luck with it...it's a pretty awesome thing.
PlatinumGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:13 AM   #5  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I got it for my birthday in march and I looooove it. If you havent already, you can get a pouch for your sensor and you could probably use that to attach it to your flip flops I use one because i dont have nike shoes
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #6  
is super awesome.

Quote:
Im thinking about getting it, but how does it do with walk/run intervals?
I'm more using it to track how far I go, and to track the calories I've burned. But I havent had any problems using it during my C25K run walk combos. I'm on week 4, and I used it on W3D3, and it was fine.

Quote:
If you havent already, you can get a pouch for your sensor and you could probably use that to attach it to your flip flops
I'm going to try out one of those pouches. I'm addicted to flip flops. I can't help it. I have... close to 100 pairs. My hubby finds them ALL OVER. Hahah. From last snow to first snow, that's what I'm in. Except when I'm running.

I'd like to get a good count of how many calories I'm burning when I'm walking all over and doing who knows what at work, so I'm going to look into a little pouch for it. I mean, it's just in that little reserve cut out on my shoe, you'd think that they'd sell a nike+ sporty flip flop. Sigh. If wishes were horses, I guess!
Old 07-09-2010, 01:16 PM   #7  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

kateleestar - you might be better off with a pedometer if you are curious how many calories you are burning doing your every day stuff.

I find Nike+ is great for a walk but I doubt it would be very good to keep on everyday, all day long. For starts - your iPod is going to die.

I love my Nike+ and I love my pedometer - they are both great for very different things. I honestly thing my pedometer is a little more useful, I just tuck it in my pocket or purse and forget about it. My Nike+ only comes out when I am specifically going for a walk/jog whatever. I have a little clip for my Nike+ too for my runners, because I don't wear Nike shoes.

You also have to be very careful about how the Nike+ is attached, otherwise is does not read correctly. I had it on wrong once, and it said I went 1km - I put it on correctly and did the same walk the next day is was 3-4km!

I have this pedometer - it has great reviews and I have been really happy with it. I like it because it works in a purse, pocket, bag, etc. There is also this version that lets you upload data to your computer.

I have an account on walkertracker.com and I just use the cheaper pedometer and enter my data manually - when I am using it! Been lazy lately.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #8  
is super awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
kateleestar - you might be better off with a pedometer if you are curious how many calories you are burning doing your every day stuff.

I find Nike+ is great for a walk but I doubt it would be very good to keep on everyday, all day long. For starts - your iPod is going to die.
I have the sportband, I dont have the little guy on the iPod. I have an iphone, and I use mapmyrun app to track how far I go with GPS, but using the nike+ and the mapmyrun app, I can make sure both are working and I'm getting the right data. I was SO paranoid that I was tracking and calculating wrong and come to find out, I WASNT! YEY!

And I can wear the nike+ band as a watch and it's tracking me all day long, and as soon as I pop it into my computer at the end of the day, everything is uploaded and I can track all my stuff.

I had a pedometer, and I didn't love it. I plan to take it on vacay though, and do it that way, because I won't be able to upload every night.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #9  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

I just bought my Nike+ today (I got the non-iPod version). Very excited to give it a test run.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote