Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #436  
Patience Grasshopper

S/C/G: 213/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

I'm on my way soon zanheltangia!

Great job Northern Belle! I totally know how you feel about the darn Halloween candy! That stuff is freakin everywhere Just remember that everyone makes mistakes, but tomorrow is another day Great job on not giving up!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #437  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Don't be scared, Belle. Just mark down whatever that scale says, and keep going. Getting back and keeping going is the parts that really matter.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #438  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Belle View Post
Hey, ladies! Glad to see you guys are doing so great!

I fell off the wagon for a bit. I got so stressed with the piles of school work I had and stopped concentrating on losing weight. And then there's tons of leftover Halloween candy everywhere I look and I've been eating tons of it just because it's there. I realized that I really needed to get back to visiting this site regularly because it really helps me with accountability and it might help me resist all of this evil candy. It sucks being the only one in my immediate circle of family and friends trying to eat healthier because things like this happen! I never have a desire to buy candy (or any junk food, for that matter), but if it's brought around me and is just there for the taking, then it's so hard to resist!

I'm scared to weigh myself because I was doing so well for awhile (almost at 199), and then I just lost all self-control. I'll be getting back on track today and just weigh myself in a week or two to see where I'm at. Hopefully I haven't done too much damage! On the positive side, I know that I've changed drastically even if I haven't lost a ton of weight yet because only a few months ago I would have just quit after falling off the wagon, even if it was only briefly. This time I'm right back at it!
Yep, I agree with the others. Biting the bullet now and weighing yourself will help you get back on plan and it's really an accomplishment not to give into binging and just give up completely! So seriously give yourself a pat on the back for catching yourself quickly.

Halloween candy is evil. I had to run to the pharmacy the other day and it was on sale for 75% off!!! I just had to steer clear of that isle as much as possible. DH has gone lax on dieting and exercise and now keeps mentioning how he'd like to have a chocolate bar or even asked if I wanted dessert the other day at a restaurant. It's been so hard not to give (especially when the scale is moving slllloooowwwwlllyyy!) but it's so nice to see that 208 in the mornings that I just force myself to say no (even though my stomach is screaming YES YES YES!).

AS for me... TOM is finally gone and for the first time since hurting my back I was able to exercise last night without being in complete pain the day afterwards. So I'm trying to step up my exercise a bit now and hopefully I'll be seeing onderland soon!
Old 11-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #439  
Patience Grasshopper

S/C/G: 213/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

I know how you feel runningfromfat! My husband seems to have hit the junk food even harder now that I'm trying to make healthy decisions. He even made a comment about how out of control he's been lately I try to encourage him to make healthy decisions, but he just laughs and grabs for a donut or extra sour cream on something.

Yay for you not hurting the next day after a workout! Just be careful and don't push yourself to hard to fast
Old 11-11-2010, 07:03 AM   #440  

S/C/G: 216/210/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the encouragement, Zan, Running, and Chubby! I decided that I'm going to weigh myself today like everyone suggested. If it's really disappointing I'll just consider it a big kick in the butt!

Running, that is exactly what's going on around me! In addition to all the leftover Halloween candy, everyone's gone and bought bags and bags of discounted candy and I feel like it's everywhere! It's dangerous because I'm so prone to binges. I'll just have to learn to deal with it, though...although it would be great if I could be isolated somewhere while I lose weight like they are on the Biggest Loser, lol.

chubby, I know how you feel as well. My brother is very overweight (we're twins and grew up with the same bad eating habits, but now he's almost 300 lbs) and he will definitely not be persuaded to lose weight with words. He has a very "don't care" attitude. For him, it only hits home when he sees people's progress. A couple weeks ago he told me that I looked like I was losing weight and I told him that it was because I've lost 13 lbs so far. Ever since then he's been talking about how he's ready to start losing as well. Maybe you can inspire your husband with your own progress!

ETA: I just weighed myself and I'm 202. Don't ask me how that happened! I was seriously expecting to see 205-208. Well, that's a huge load off my mind so thanks again, ladies, for encouraging me to just do it!

Last edited by Northern Belle; 11-11-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:52 PM   #441  
June

I had a really nice thought today. I only have 53 lbs until I get to 155, which is a healthy BMI for me. 53lbs seems like a doable number in a year so I'm really excited!!!! Plus once I get there then we might start talking about TTC for another kid so there's an added bonus there. I think that's going to be my big goal now is losing those 53lbs over the course of this year (and the sooner the better!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyhipster View Post
I know how you feel runningfromfat! My husband seems to have hit the junk food even harder now that I'm trying to make healthy decisions. He even made a comment about how out of control he's been lately I try to encourage him to make healthy decisions, but he just laughs and grabs for a donut or extra sour cream on something.

Yay for you not hurting the next day after a workout! Just be careful and don't push yourself to hard to fast

Yeah, I keep trying to get him working out again. Every day he promises that he'll run the next day and it never happens. I know he's tired at night (so am I!) but I force myself to at least to do an exercise video most nights. I've even offered to take over his share of the chores for the night so he'll do it but he refused.

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement, Zan, Running, and Chubby! I decided that I'm going to weigh myself today like everyone suggested. If it's really disappointing I'll just consider it a big kick in the butt!

Running, that is exactly what's going on around me! In addition to all the leftover Halloween candy, everyone's gone and bought bags and bags of discounted candy and I feel like it's everywhere! It's dangerous because I'm so prone to binges. I'll just have to learn to deal with it, though...although it would be great if I could be isolated somewhere while I lose weight like they are on the Biggest Loser, lol.

chubby, I know how you feel as well. My brother is very overweight (we're twins and grew up with the same bad eating habits, but now he's almost 300 lbs) and he will definitely not be persuaded to lose weight with words. He has a very "don't care" attitude. For him, it only hits home when he sees people's progress. A couple weeks ago he told me that I looked like I was losing weight and I told him that it was because I've lost 13 lbs so far. Ever since then he's been talking about how he's ready to start losing as well. Maybe you can inspire your husband with your own progress!

ETA: I just weighed myself and I'm 202. Don't ask me how that happened! I was seriously expecting to see 205-208. Well, that's a huge load off my mind so thanks again, ladies, for encouraging me to just do it!
Wow, so you actually lost weight! Good job! That's great to hear how you're example for your brother too!!

Yep, I'm totally a binger when it comes to sweets. That's why I had to give them up totally. I still make dessert for myself minus the sugar but since I have to make it myself I'm often too lazy to do it. Plus I always make smaller amounts so I can't go crazy with it (and I'm just not as prone to binging without the blood sugar spikes that came from sugar itself and not from natural sweeteners).

No new news on the weightloss front. I seem to be holding on to 208. I'm hoping to get some runs in this weekend to alleviate that, though!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:52 PM   #442  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlyjordon2002 View Post
My husband always says that he will workout and never does, he's in the Army so he works out regularly but when he is on vacation he does not work out at all even though he says he will. Thankfully we have a treadmill in the garage we got it for $200 from a friend about 3 years ago and still works like brand new, so possibly look on craigslist and maybe you can get a good deal on a used treadmill. I'm used to working out by myself though, I've had several workout girl friends and they usually stop going so I just do it alone and I actually prefer it that way. Now all we need is some dumb bells to add to our gym, we have a machine that works legs, arms, everything (CL $150). We also have a barbell that weighs 45 lbs that thing is so heavy and I used it for squats yesterday and did 40, well today I am very sore.

I just get up before my kids wake up which is 530am. Our home gym is our garage, now all I need is some mirrors so I can watch my form during squats and lifts. I can't wait to get out the 220s and eventually get to onderland. But definitely check out craigslist for deals on exercise equipment.
Oh, I'd love to have a home gym! We're actually in the middle of an international move so at the moment we're selling off everything we own. That being said we're looking at a number of apartments in our new country that have gyms in them, which would be a HUGE help!

Wow, I really have to admire your dedication waking up so early! DD wakes up around 6 and I'm barely moving at that point. I've tried waking up earlier but she always senses it somehow and then just wakes up at the same time, which defeats the whole purpose! Basically, I end up working out after she goes to bed instead.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #443  

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
I had a really nice thought today. I only have 53 lbs until I get to 155, which is a healthy BMI for me. 53lbs seems like a doable number in a year so I'm really excited!!!! Plus once I get there then we might start talking about TTC for another kid so there's an added bonus there. I think that's going to be my big goal now is losing those 53lbs over the course of this year (and the sooner the better!).

Wow, so you actually lost weight! Good job! That's great to hear how you're example for your brother too!!

Yep, I'm totally a binger when it comes to sweets. That's why I had to give them up totally. I still make dessert for myself minus the sugar but since I have to make it myself I'm often too lazy to do it. Plus I always make smaller amounts so I can't go crazy with it (and I'm just not as prone to binging without the blood sugar spikes that came from sugar itself and not from natural sweeteners).

No new news on the weightloss front. I seem to be holding on to 208. I'm hoping to get some runs in this weekend to alleviate that, though!
Thanks, Running! I had to weigh myself 3 times before I actually believed what I was seeing!

I think your new long-term goal is extremely doable and the possibility of a new baby definitely seems like it could provide some extra motivation. Good luck! I really haven't set a long-term goal for myself. I tend to take it week-by-week, but I've been thinking that it would be nice to have a clear goal to work towards. I'm just not sure what! I'd love to be down to a weight next summer where I can be comfortable wearing real/cute summer clothes and not feel like there's too much of something hanging out, lol.

You're lucky you know how to cook! I'm still working on that (to put it lightly, lol). I think making your own meals/desserts definitely makes you more likely to make health-conscious decisions than if you were to just eat store-bought things. And the thing about store-bought sweets is that they're not even satisfying. If I eat one, I feel like I need to eat about 5 more!

BTW, do you mind me asking what country you're moving to? That must be exciting!

As for myself, there's nothing new here, really, except I'm celebrating the fact that I ony ate one piece of candy yesterday and stayed within my calorie limits!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:41 AM   #444  

Wooo, I weighed in at 200 today!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #445  
Warning 3FC Addict

Grats, Belle!

Ugh. Moving is a harsh word,
I am wishing that I hadn't bought that golds gym thing off of craigslist, it's hard to move with big, awkward, heavy stuff!
Old 11-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #446  
June

Quote:
Wooo, I weighed in at 200 today!
that's awesome! i'm still hanging around at 208...

I'm annoyed today. I went to grab lunch at work and I was good and grabbed a grilled salmon salad. It looked OK but as I was checking out this super skinny girl had a 3-cheese deep dish pizza in hand. It makes me mad how much I wanted it and that she gets to get away with eating it. sigh... It didn't help that the salmon was cold and really dry, blah!
Old 11-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #447  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Hey gals! My weigh-in last Sunday was 204! I am excited to be in Onederland, but I'll really need some extra pushing to get me over the bumb with the holidays coming up! You're all doing so well! And a lot of you are very close to Onderland too!
Old 11-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #448  
Warning 3FC Addict

Hey, how are you ladies doing?

These living social adds with the half cupcake, half frosting, things on them are tickin' me off!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I'm good today! My sister had a 3 hour delay so I got to sleep longer
I'm trying to get back into drinking my water- I failed over the week drinking it.
I think my body knows its cold out and wants to pack on the fat like a bear and hibernate =P
Old 11-18-2010, 03:39 PM   #450  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

I wanted to be done with the 200s this year but it doesnt seem like it lol. Im in the 220s now going from 226-229 grrrr just trying to hang in there and take it one day at a time!!
Closed Thread