Old 06-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, everyone!

Haley, ew...awful ages. Haha!! I keep a 5 year old boy and 7 year old girl on Wednesdays while their mom is at work. The boy plays with my son, but I have to entertain the 7 year old....not fun. I told her mom last week that she (the child) was going to have to learn to entertain herself. I got too much to do and I wanted the 5 year old here to help keep my son busy. Haha!

Lisa, I'm just now drinking my first cup of coffee too. I usually only have one a day, but this waking up at 10 stuff is throwing me off. It's not even morning anymore and I feel like it is!

theresac
, too funny on the freaking out. I'm not on BC right now and my hubby tends to freak a little when my period is late...by the way...it's ALWAYS late. Haha!

Stella, I hope altering doesn't cost that much either! $700 would be highly ridiculous! lol!

Blcarter84, we do not have a Whole Foods either. Kinda wish we did, but I don't know if I would be able to buy my groceries there anyway...it's a shame the prices on healthier food.

As for me:
My son is going to VBS this week. My friend, Shalane, is picking him up today. So, I'm glad I will have a little visit with her before she leaves. I have class tonight. We are doing our own lesson plans on integrating art. I have to present mine Thursday, but some are presenting theirs tonight. Should be fun since we get to do the art activities that they are presenting.

Off on a good start today. Had my oatmeal and tried to eat an apple, but it just was not good. I sliced it up and took one bite of a slice and did all I could do to swallow it. I usually love apples, but not today. Haha! That apple has been sitting on my kitchen counter now for a couple of weeks, so it was just probably yucky due to oldness. That was the only piece of fruit left in this house. I need some money. Anyone willing to give out loans to a student with no job???

Last edited by sgregg; 06-22-2010 at 01:32 PM.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

I am just soooo ready to lose these last 10 pounds. But then again i feel like i am not. I am not putting as much effort into it as i did 45 lbs ago. If i was ready I guess i would try harder. IDK. I guess because I feel like well i run 10 miles and I wear an 8 so what;s the big deal. but 10 lbs would get me to lifetime at WWs. Arrrgh! Okay rant over. On the bright side I did well yesterday and I have resisted my wants today as well. POP so far.

thresac - Thanks. I want to mold into an informative, but fun and light hearted fitness blog about me and my fitness endeavors. That's scary about your BC. YIKES!

Stellarose- You were definitely exaggerating right...$700 bucks for two dresses. I'd die!!!

Becky - I am so glad to see you too! Congrats on your new baby. I know you will lose it no tiem you were soooo focused before you got pregnant!

Chele/luvja/Taylor86/sgregg/heley/samantha/heathermcg -
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #33  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

OMG ASHLANNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

How the heck are you girl?!?!!?!? I've missed you! Please tell me you're sticking around. I wish I could report a great loss, but I'm down 25 lbs, back to where I was when I fell off the wagon last year, but hey, that's better than I was doing.

And way to maintain the 45.... I know the last lbs are so hard to lose the closer you are to goal.

Sorry I don't have time to respond to the rest of the thread right this minute (sorry girls, really not trying to be rude). Work is slammmmmed today (especially after a long weekend off).

Work out tonight and then hopefully I can take some time to post!

Hope you're all having a great day.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #34  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

There was a lot of exaggeration there. I wound up going home early b/c I had a headache and I was exhausted. Now I'm sitting here having a very early dinner b/c I'm STARVING. TOM should be here aaaannnny second.

I'm not bringing those dresses to be altered - I'm all bloaty.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #35  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

Haley, I grew up in Taylorsville (basically, an intersection with three gas stations, a 7-11, and a movie rental place in Carroll County, not even big enough for its own post office), but my parents now live in Westminster. Where are you from in MD? Stella, what about you?

Y'all are a riot what with your kids and friends' kids and OMG THEY ARE SO BRATTY AT THAT AGE. I mean, one day I'm going to have perfectly angelic brilliant children that never misbehave or annoy anyone ever, but EVERYONE ELSE'S KIDS? BLECH.

Today was a good day. I am at 1400 calories, and I only have an hour or so of work left to do before I go to bed. Weigh-in is tomorrow morning, so we'll see how bad this past weekend's BBQ is going to hit me.
theresac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:33 PM   #36  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

birth control i have it permanent aint no more babies coming from this factory my first one turned 5 today my little princess and the reason my stomach sags down.
i'm kidding thats not her fault i blame the drs for not warning me it wouldnt spring back after a csection and a second kid
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #37  

Chele - sounds like you are having a great time! Enjoy yourself!!!

Shauna - Carolina BBQ is actually vinegar based. And don't feel bad about the ex having motivation... trust me, when I get to where I want to be there are several someone's that I may have to email just out of spite. Not even joking!

Chele/Stella - lets not even talk about bad eyebrows right now... def gotta get those babies done before I go to ATL...

Samantha - have fun at the beach!!!

Theresa - what kind of BC are you on? I'm staying away from it!!! EEEEK!

Haley - YAY for home! Yay for sleeping in your own bed and yay for seeing the bf!

Sheri - When are you headed to Jamaica again? So jealous. How have you been?

Lissa - LOL The "rockin' waist" comment made me chuckle. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well.

---------------------
Man I am beat! Getting back to the grind of a 10 hour day after 4 days off took its toll, but I had an amazing work out with the trainer. I'm convinced she is the devil... or maybe it's just her exercises. I had to run up and down 2 flights of stairs (I know, not that much) with kettle bells 4 times, then do 12 lunges across the floor with kettle bells back and forth 3 sets each, squats, then we worked on shoulders/arms and did lots of crunches.

I was so not in the mood for working out today either but I'm glad I did it.

I haven't weighed since this weekend because A) I feel like I did a lot of damage and b) I have been overloaded with sodium... so tomorrow is the day!

Eating has been on plan this week so far so... YAY! Good start!!!!

Have a great night ladies.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

For the first time since I have been on vacation I have skipped a work out and I'm ok with it.... I wanted to but I'm exhausted and I walked around shopping for a long time...

I did some shopping today... lots of new things... including an awesome new blue dress in a size 12...and it doesnt stretch

I also stumbled upon a victorias secret outlet...it was a strange place but they had this everything hanging up on the wall deal was 4 for $20... I got 4 pairs of workout pants that are originally $45 a piece for $20.... they are the really nice water wicking pants... I was soooo excited!

Theresac-I'm from Southern Maryland (Calvert County) I have friends from Westminster and a lot of friends in the Frederick and Mount Airy areas

Feral- I hate NC BBQ.... I love a Tomato based pulled pork sandwich...yummo
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #39  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Theresa - I'm a Jersey girl But, I live in Gaithersburg and I wander around between there, Silver Spring, Columbia and Baltimore (I went to college and go to grad school at Towson).

Haley - YAY OUTLETS And size 12

I just bought 4 pairs of shoes. I love shoes.

Last edited by stellarosa27; 06-22-2010 at 09:42 PM.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 217/207.6/145

Height: 5

ok i just have to say, im sooooo jealous of all of you and your work out routines. i have such a hard time with getting up early to do it. I normally work out at night but im a hairdresser and when we moved to a nicer shop, they told us we would be getting new chairs and mats. well its been almost four months and no mats. :/ so at the end of the day, my feet, knees, and back hurt so bad all i wanna do is be still.

haley-never in my life have i been responsible for even one child for longer than a couple of hours, much less 2 and 2 dogs. WOW

stella-i feel ya on the eyebrows thing. im so glad i work in a salon with a wax station. i just got to the back and do it myself. and yay for getting things altered!

feral- i live in tn and we have both types of bbq and im not a fan of tomato based either. btw, i wish i could just make myself suck it up and work out like you
kendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #41  
Samantha417

Hayley: Oh maaan I wish there was a victorias secret outlet around here! Thats an amazing deal! The dress sounds pretty!

Stella: what kind of shoes? I bet they look great! I'm in desperate need for new shoes but too lazy to go shopping just yet. Whenever I go shoe shopping, they never have anything cute for my size 10 ginormous feet.

Feral: yay for a good start to the week! sounds like you got your butt handed to you during your work out! hahah!

Kendal: I love working out in the morning, it gets you going for the day, especially if you have to work. I'm usually tired by the evening too which is why I go early. Give it a shot! That way you go, then you work, and when you collapse on your bed at the end of the day you're happy that you worked harder than before!

Good morning everyone!
Yesterday when I went to the gym they were playing Valentines Day in the exercise theater room so I watched that for a bit...but I loved it so much that I ended up renting it for the night. It was a cute but funny movie, I liked it!

....my cat won't stop licking my legs and feet. YUCK.

I keep thinking that what book I want to read next for fun, but then I remember that I need to re-read my normal language acquisition book for my one fall class...and I shudder even when I look at the book. Maybe I'll squeeze in one more book (a HUGE book) and then start refreshing my memory about little kiddos and language. I so don't want to though!

Well I'm going to digest my breakfast and then head off to the gym. I have work 1-7, but then greg's coming over so it should be a good night!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #42  

Morning ladies!!!!

Haley - OMG SIZE 12! YAYYYY!!!! And WOW sounds like you got a heck of a deal at V-Secret! We have outlet stores about an hour from where I live but I never go. Meredith goes all the time, probably because they have a Coach outlet.

Stella - Did you get the BCGB flip flops?

Kendal - I was hoping to wake up early this morning and go work out... yeah didn't happen. In fact I accidentally OVER slept. I go after work. Don't get me wrong, there are days I just don't want to go. My new work out buddy has definitely helped with that and of course I have to meet my trainer so I don't really have a choice there either. Once you get going, you start to WANT to do it (personally I think it's the endorphin addiction). You feel better when you do. I was soooo tired yesterday and did NOT want to go, as in just dragging *** and had no motivation but by the time I was done and I left I was feeling pretty good.

EDIT: Samantha (cross post) - I did have my butt handed to me. I LOVE summer because I feel like I have more time to read. What kind of books do you like? I'm sure we can come up with some suggestions for you!
----------------------
The scale said 182.8 this morning.... I guess after my weekend I shouldn't be terribly surprised and should be happy but I'm just ready to see the 170s. MUST. BUCKLE. DOWN.

On a pleasant note my coworker just told me when I'm wearing regular clothes (not work out clothes) she can really tell that I'm getting smaller. That's always nice!!!!

I didn't pack my lunch last night but I have a gift card to Panera so I'm going to get a super yummy Chicken Cobb salad for lunch today.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY, LADIES!

Last edited by Feral; 06-23-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:46 AM   #43  
Samantha417

I love fiction, but I can't really put a genre on it. I loved The Time Traveler's Wife, Choke, The Lovely Bones, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime...stuff like that. I guess I'm easy with what book to read. I'm just not a big fan of mystery novels. I was thinking of reading some of the nicholas sparks books that were turned into movies.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 217/207.6/145

Height: 5

morning everyone! got on the scale this morning and was kinda depressed but im sure it was just water weight because it was up 2lbs from yesterday.

samantha- i guess what keeps me from working out in the morning is i dont like feeling rushed before work. im always afraid im gonna be late. but i need to stop making excuses and just do it.

feral- i would definately be more likely to go if i knew someone was waiting on me(trainer). maybe i should look into that.
kendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #45  
Samantha417

Once you set a schedule for yourself, it seems natural! I give myself a full hour to get ready and make it into work on time, so then I give myself another hour to exercise. Waking up isn't that big of an issue if you pack the night before. Most of the time I sleep in my work out clothes so I just get up in the morning, brush my teeth, fix my hair, and leave.