Old 06-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #46  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Good morning ladies!! Yeah that sounds WAY more enthusiastic then I really am today I am making some coffee right now and can hardly keep my eyes open. Was up half the night with the baby and my 3 1/2 yr old is driving me nuts. On top of it all I for some reason can't really hear out of my right ear this morning, like its plugged up and I get it to unplug.

Haley- I hate you!!! But only because you have a VS outlet near you....and thats my most favoritest store EVER. There is no outlet anywhere near hereboo...so a lot of times I will order things on sale online. Not that I can wear anything from there right now, but as soon as some of this comes off again you better believe I will be spending some money there.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #47  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Feral - Yes, BOTH pairs They're so friggin cute...And two other pairs of fancier wedges that I could wear for work.

I decided to write J an email last night. I haven't spoken to him, and I wasn't sure if he noticed, or not, but I figured I'd explain myself and that I'm alive, and after some time I'll come back around.

I also went shoe shopping last night

7 hours, 15 minutes until freedom. FREEEEDOM.

Then Key West, HERE I COME

(with my new cute shoes)

Last edited by stellarosa27; 06-23-2010 at 09:48 AM.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #48  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

its another day i'm up and going to attempt to busy myself with stuff, i'm finally feeling up to eating but i dont want to i did really good last night 1 burger and a medium sized serving of potato salad
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:47 PM   #49  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Feral- We are headed to Atlantic Beach. I hear it is gorgeous!

Blcarter & Luvja-- HOLLA!!!! What up, yo??

So, I need to get my eyebrows waxed. Called the lady and she said, "Come right now." Ummm.... guess I better get off here and get dressed! lol
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #50  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

So he picks this email to respond to. Jerk...I can't read it at work, I'll probably cry.

Boys can be so silly.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #51  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Heather - Atlantic Beach is okay. I guess it just depends on what you're looking for. I've grown up with the beaches here so I don't think they're spectacular compared to some of the beaches in Florida/other places. They are nice though.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #52  
Hot Mama

i broke a friggin milestone!
i've held no loss/gain when i drink soda but since i cut back i've had some major losses i've lost 12 pounds since april lol
Old 06-23-2010, 04:42 PM   #53  
!

S/C/G: 225/tick tock tick tock/130

Height: 5'4"

OMG you guys post too fast for me. Just peeking in to say that I love Feral and Samantha's new profile pictures! Too cute!
theresac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Stella - I hope you're ok and I think he's just giving you time. I still think it was really brave of you to tell him, and I'm glad you did. Now you can close the door on that, and move on to bigger, better things You deserve the best.

Feral - I've never had BBQ in NC. Can you take me to one when I go visit? I've been to Durham and Chapel Hill before, but only to visit the schools.

Haley - Congrats on fitting in the 12! Hope you had fun getting your tan on and soaking up some warm Cali sun. No humidity. Man, I'm going to miss this weather SO much when I get back out East.

Lissa - Nice job on 12 pounds! Lots of processed sugar in soda. Do you feel better now that you've cut down on it?

As for me, I ordered my bridesmaid dress today. Man, who knew you had to order your own bridesmaid dress? It's ok though. It's cute and not over the top so I can definitely wear it on more than one occasion. It's from J.Crew, which I think runs a bit smaller, so I have about 6 weeks to fit into a 10! Pretty sure I can though, given the measurements. We'll see.

I have my first live cam interview about barefoot running at http://momtv.com tonight at 10PM EST. If you guys are around, and bored, come!
Jess7286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #55  
New BodyBugger!

Feral- Well, I've never seen the ocean so I am pretty stoked. However, I'm not opposed to planning other beach vacations. Where do you recommend?

Jess- Barefoot running? I'm intrigued tell me more!
Old 06-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #56  
Hot Mama

actually i'm tired, i feel ok just tired but thats normal with 2 kids. i'm swapping my usual time for soda for a 32oz bottle of water.
my aim is to cut down where i used to buy 4 cases a week into 2 cases into 1 case. 12 cans for 7 days
Old 06-24-2010, 07:31 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Feral - OMG. I was so excited to see you still here!!!! DOWN 25lbs AWESOME!!!! I wish I was going to ATL with you. That would be great. I never have anyone to travel with. I mean really, it can be a bummer. The workout with your trainer sounds great! I love a hard workout! I actually instruct boot camp classes now so I am sorry for your pain…lol

Haley
- a size 12 dress. AWESOME! I love the VS outlet. Of course the nearest one to me is in FL but I go there at least once a year so I totally stock up!!!

HeatherMCG
– I get my eyebrows threaded (which I’m due by the way) because it doesn’t leave them all red and itchy. Have you tried this. Its about the same price and pain as a wax. bUt no sticky, shiny forehead. S/N: It is always so weird to meet people who have never seen the ocean. I grew up in VA so there is VA Beach, Nags Head, Buckroe Beach, Yorktown etc…I am sure you will have fun. Even though like Feral says I tend want to migrate since I am used to the area.

Soooo I got a new niece yesterday, Her name is McKenzie. She is adorable. Pics soon. I am pretty sore from Tuesdays workout and I will be back at it again this afternoon. Also I found a place (indoors) to hold my Zumba classes and boot camp. Hooray…I am so excited about that.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:53 AM   #58  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Lissa - CONGRATS on the loss! Breaking the soda habit is so hard. I still haven't mastered it but do try to keep it to a minimum. I try not to drink more than 2 sodas a day. My dad has always been an avid Diet Coke drinker so we always have them around the house. I drink one in the morning on teh way to work. Drink a cup of coffee and then switch to water for the rest of the day. Sometimes I'll have one after I get home at night IF I've had a lot of water during the day. Try that out and see how it works for you.

Theresa - sometimes it can get a little crazy around here. We've actually slowed down a lot/some people have dropped off so it's not moving as fast as it was at one point. It was ridiculous!

Heather - I was about to say "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THE OCEAN!" and then I saw you were in Indiana and that made sense. I will tell you this, especially since you've never seen the ocean... the ocean is okay to get in but NC has SERIOUS rip tides. Meaning, you can be swimming in the ocean and there's a current that runs through it that can literally over power you. I'm not trying to scare you... if you get in a rip current you need to swim parallel with the ocean and in the same direction in an attempt to get out of it. Just be aware. Also, this sounds like something you would tell a 5 year old and I'm not trying come off that way, but if you go out into the ocean and you're swimming around, keep an eye on where your stuff is on the beach. Not because anyone will steal it, but so that you can see how far you are drifting down the beach (not due to rip currents, but just due to the tide itself). It's a pretty good way to keep yourself out of trouble. I guess what I meant by different beaches are better are that they're just different. Some of the beaches in NC (depending on where you are) actually have a drop off a few feet into them, some do not... just depends. The gulf is completely different than any beach on the Atlantic ocean, but then again it's full of oil right now so I don't know where to suggest you go.

Jess - DAMN! I was thinking about you last night around 10 my time but I thought you were on PST.... hate I missed you. Is there a podcast? How did it go?!

Ashlan - CONGRATS on the niece. And WOW you're teaching a boot camp? I can totally see that! You are one hardcore chica! I bet you're loving it and I would totally come take your class if I lived closer. No need to feel sorry for my pain (except for when I couldn't stretch my arms out completely hahaha!) - no pain, no gain right?!!?!?

----------------------
So I had a semi-enlightening therapy session last night. I realized a few things
#1) my birthday (which is in NOVEMBER) is about 12 weeks away. HOLY MOLY that is NOT that far off. Where the heck does the time go?
#2) She pointed out that anything worth doing is worth sacrificing for... meaning that the beer and random dinners (off plan) I like to participate in are what I'm going to be able to do more of during maintenance... not so much right now (not meaning I have to deprive myself, but I can't do it EVERY weekend and those 3 beers really need to be 1 beer or no beers).
#3) That sometimes I feel that if I don't partipate I'm going to be excluded and while other people may be dealing with their own issues interally mine are more obvious on the outside because I'm choosing not to drink/eat off plan and therefore people are going to ask me about it.
#4) Instead of going out to a bar/tap room/wherever we will be eating/drinking I need to suggest another activity that may not put me in that position.
#5) With a boost in confidence comes complacency to an extent. When I feel better about myself and I know I look better I am not chomping at the bit quite as hard as I was 25 lbs ago.... but I still have another 40 lbs I really want to lose.

I don't want it to sound like I'm saying "oh I'm depriving myself" because I'm not but I need to get it through this thick head of mine that in order to continue losing I need to be ON PLAN 99% of the time like I was when I first started.

So my goal (even though I hate giving myself specific dates) is to be at 150 on my birthday (11/14). That's another 32 lbs.... 12 weeks... 2.5 lbs / week.

How bad do I want it?!

Food for thought ladies. I thought maybe some of those things might help you guys out too.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #59  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Feral- I love your outlook! I too totally need to kick my arse in gear like I did when I lost the weight before I got pregnant again. I keep having this thought in the back of my head that because I can't excercise that I am failing...probably baby blues or something but STILL. I'm better then that!!

Cake- congrats on the new niece, I saw pictures and boy is she a cutie pie

Good morning ladies! I am drinking my morning coffee and relaxing since the baby just fell asleep and my 3 yr old is actually playing by himself. I decided that tomorrow I'm going to start a slow workout routine since I will be 4 weeks post partum...but I have to take it really light. I REALLY do NOT want to have to buy new work clothes so I need to be able to fit into my old ones before I go back to work in 4 weeks! Wish me luck ladies

My craving for today has to be a huge blueberry muffin....couldn't tell you the last time I ate one and it sounds delish. But eggs and veggie bacon will have to do haha
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #60  
New BodyBugger!

Cake- I know, I know... I've lived a sheltered life. But, I must say, seeing the ocean is an absolute DREAM of mine. And I think the way you feel about the ocean, I feel about Lake Michigan and the Dunes. WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'VE NEVER CLIMBED MT. BALDY???? lol I said that to a friend once. I went to college literally 30 minutes from the dunes. I totally forgot she was new to the area. So, after class, we went.

Feral- No! No offense taken! I need all the tips I can get. I can be a tad overzealous at times. We don't want a report like, "Indiana teacher found floating 100 miles from NC shore, says she thought she was a 'strong' swimmer" lmbo Also, thanks for the mini therapy session. After my day so far, I need it.

AFM: Let me copy this bit from my blog. It is really troubling me and if you are on my FB... PLEASE do not comment there.

I had a DR appt today. It was to refill my thyroid medication. Everything was going fine until he mentioned my blood pressure. You see, I come from a long line of obese family members with obese diseases. So, I guess he saw my one high reading and guessed I am headed down the same path. Here's the thing, I have completely changed my life! I exercise regularly, watch what I eat, take supplements, lost weight (70 lbs!), and switched to organic foods. Its not like I'm rolling around in bacon grease over here!!! But anyway, I have to go back in one month to have my BP checked. I pretty much REFUSE to go on BP meds at 23. Besides, what if I do get pregnant? I don't want to be on more meds than I have to be. ----------Here's to destressing, desalting, and lowering my BP before 7/29---------------------------------------

Lastly, my mother. Where do I even begin? My mother and I do not have the best of relationships AT ALL. I mean she was the cruelest, most overbearing, untrusting person from ages 18-22. I mean, only recently have we began to talk more than just when we have to. But, she still does things that totally gets under my skin! For instance, she is constantly telling everyone (I mean EVERYONE!) she sees about my medical history. Does the Wal-Mart lady really care what my blood tests ever said?? NO! She also tells people that I almost 'died'. Now, was I in a serious issue at one time? Yes. Did they ever need the crash cart for me? NO. SO STOP TELLING PEOPLE THAT!! Secondly, she thinks she still runs my life. People ask her all the time when she is going to be a Grandma. Instead of saying, "Whenever they make me one!" or "Only time will tell!" (something along those lines). She will say, "They can't have kids for at least 2 more years because they have only been married 2 years and I don't think its a good time for them, that they have enough money saved, she isn't healthy enough..." YADA YADA YADA... Does she actually think that we are waiting to have kids because SHE said so? I think not. I can't believe she is still trying to control my life to this day. Its absolutely crazy (so is she I think) and rude in my book to treat me the way she still does. To top it all off, this is the texts I get from her:

Mom: Calls (I ignore)
Me: At doctor's office
Mom: How long will that take? Where are you?
Me: I don't know. At (doctor's name)
Mom: ARE YOU PREGNANT?IS THAT WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT?
Me: No mom! Its for my thyroid. Good greif...

Its not like she would be even remotely happy about it anyway. ARGH, seriously, she wonders why I never want to do anything with her? Its because she is like this.

So, I'm feeling a little down today about the DR visit and these issues with mom. They keep resurfacing but about different issues and dealing with her crap is just getting really old. Thanks for being there girls!