Old 06-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #1  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

Default TOM concern/vent

I mostly need to get this off my chest...I'd talk to my husband but really what guy wants to hear about his wifes periods...

About a year ago I noticed that my cycles were really long..between 45-50 days. I noticed to that my pms symptoms were completely different than normal. Normaly I wouldn't have any symptoms until it started and then it was just a dull back pain. Now, really tender boobs, cramps, back pain, moodiness(my poor hubby). My cycles are still really crazy though. They'll be somewhat normal (around 28 days) for 2 months and then I'll be 1-2 weeks later than that the next. I just started again today but this time it's the opposite...19 days. I'm called tomorrow to make an appt. I was really hoping that losing weight/getting healthier would take care of this on its own but now I'm started to get worried and think it's about time to call

Has anyone has crazy cycles? What did they do it regulate them?
zephyr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #2  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

sounds a bit more abnormal than just diet would cause. maybe a hormone imbalance or something, i don't really know much about that stuff. your problem actually sounds exactly like my moms and hers is believed to be caused by a fibroid she has on her uterus.
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #3  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

I know a lot of people with absolutely nothing wrong with them besides just having a wonky cycle and they just regulate it with the pill. So don't get all freaked out right off the bat, it could be nothing! Also, diet/exercise/stress can exacerbate the wonkiness. I'd definitely make that appointment, but stay positive!
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Losing weight in and of itself can make things go haywire. Estrogen, for example, is stored in fat so burning fat might throw things out of balance (in the essence of putting them back into balance, if that makes sense). When you mess with fat you can also mess with hormones, so it's not unusual to experience changes. I would definitely keep that appointment, though!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:22 AM   #5  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm 45 and my periods range from 25 to 40 days, as they've been doing since I was a teenager. I've only been regular on birth control pills. But I'm glad you've got an appointment with your doctor, because what's normal for me may not be normal for you.
reji is offline   Reply With Quote