Old 02-28-2010, 12:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/192.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Depressed

Gosh I feel so depressed. I have been hovering around the same lbs for weeks and I feel so discouraged. Classes are getting more hectic and my workout schedule has gone to crap.

I feel like a COMPLETE failure in all this. I just don't know what to do about it.

What do you guys do to pull yourselves out of these funks?
kabaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:19 AM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I make a spreadsheet Seriously, I do! I make a sheet of what I plan to eat for each day of the next week, what time I'm going to go to the gym, what time my classes are and what time I'm going to work on assignments, and then I stick to it. I feel 100 times better with a plan! Its sunday/sat, perfect time to plan for the week ahead
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/169/120

Height: 5'1

I'm in the same boat as you right now! I have stayed the same weight for the past 3 weeks, and no matter what I do, the scale won't budge! However, I've been stuck in plateaus before, and it's just a natural defense your body has because it's adjusting to the changes you're putting it through. After 22 pounds (which is amazing!!), your body doesn't know what to do!! Make sure you're eating the right things (I tend to eat badly when I'm stressed), drink lots of water, and try to fit exercise in when you can. If you don't work out one or two days, it's ok, just get back on schedule the next day! And for your classes, just take a deep breath and tell yourself in the grand scheme of things, it's not that bad!! You can do it!!
lulu2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:38 PM   #4  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

Remind yourself about the successes you've had and how you felt when you were accomplishing them. I always think about how great it felt to lose a certain weight, like when I got out of the 180s. I use the good memory to overshadow the bad feelings creeping up on me. I also notice that working out is very key to me. If I don't work out a day I planned to I feel horrible and my emotions are haywire so I always make sure to get that in as soon as I can in a day and then the rest of the day feels great because I've already accomplished working out and don;t have to worry about getting it done that day.
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote