Old 02-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #1  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Default Ugh, zero motivation!

I totally skipped the gym today and I feel lousy about it, lol. I just couldn't get myself in the doors but I went twice this week and will go Saturday and Sunday but I feel so crappy about skipping today. I feel like I am hitting a plateau in my loss and I know I should bust through it with more gym time but I feel like I'm already at my "have to be here and dislike the gym" max. You think one day of skipping with doom my loss? hehe
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/130/115

Height: 5'4"

I know exactly how you feel! Here in the northeast it's snowy and yucky outside and I have such a hard time getting myself out the door and into the gym. Especially after a stressful day at work. My trick is that as soon as I walk in the door in the evening, before I do anything else, I change into my work-out clothes. After that I feel so guilty not going that it almost always gets me there. It's so funny how it really does feel like one missed work-out dooms weight loss! I logically tell myself this isn't true, but I always feel so crappy for the rest of the day.

But I know you can do it! Don't give up! Just force yourself to go to the gym on Saturday and Sunday and you'll feel so much better.
JenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #3  

I do the same thing Jen! If I'm trying to talk myself out of the gym or going for a run, I go ahead and put my workout clothes and nikes on. Because I know that once I have them on, I cannot get myself to take them off without getting in a workout. I do the same thing when I workout at home, I know once I have the dvd in and the yoga mat rolled out, I have no choice but to do it! Funny how we jedi-mind trick ourselves haha.

And to the OP, no, missing one day won't doom your weight loss, but now the next time you want to skip, just think about how guilty you feel right now. That should be motivation to get you to go!
Ann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/132/110

Height: 5'3

Me three on the workout clothes trick. Especially shoes. If I'm all geared up to go I just feel silly skipping out. But yeah, the winter doesn't help anything. Maybe thinking about how you'll want to look when the sun starts shining again will help you out?
SeventeenTheStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 213/183.4/140

Height: 5'7"

Ugh I'm the same way right now. The weather is not helping. I need to do that trick with the workout clothes, that's a good idea! Because on days when I do get myself to the gym, even when I'm unmotivated, as soon as I change into my workout clothes it helps me feel a lot more motivated to go!
Missita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #6  
Not so starving student

S/C/G: 152.3/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I really wish I could make myself go to the gym every day. Tues/Thurs are hard because of my class schedule. From 1-7:30pma, I don't have more than a 30 minute break. After that I'm hungry and tired and can't make myself go to the gym. I have a two hour break from 11 to 1 but, again, can't make myself go. I have the internal battle--the thought "I need a break during a long day! I can't be on campus from 8:30am to 7:30pm!" and then "you want to be healthier...working out is your "break""

I used to be good about working out at home during my breaks, but alas, that hasn't worked well lately.

I don't think wearing the workout clothes would work, because that's what a lot of people wear to class. Now, if I put my hair up maybe... I'm growing my hair out, so I can get half of it up and I usually clip the other half up. Wouldn't be caught dead like that in class.
rosekeet is offline   Reply With Quote