Old 01-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

You should

The classes are actually designed so you are in control of your own pace and resistance. You can go as hard or as easy as you like. So even if your fitness isn't great yet you can still get in and give it a go.

The instructors will help you with bike set up etc, just get there a little early to ask them.

You'll find the atmosphere of the class will tend to motivate you to work harder anyway. Spin is great because no matter fit you get you can always find another gear to crank it up.

Oh, and give it at LEAST three classes before you decide you don't (or do :P) like it. Generally everyone hates the first one and by the end of the third is addicted lol.

Have fun!
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #17  
Batgirl will always win.

S/C/G: 201/197/(190 ST; 145 LT)

Height: 5'5

I might try, TOM is coming soon, so maybe the week after. Thanks for the info!
BatgirlAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:37 AM   #18  
Still pushing to ultimate

S/C/G: 153/CT/135

Height: 5'6

I've been doing a home video Chalean Extreme and it kicks my butt. I also do yoga at home. I run 6miles if Im outside and do HIIT for 20-30mins if on my treadmill. I like to dance as well so a good night out will be sweating it out on the dance floor
bablou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #19  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyria View Post
You should

The classes are actually designed so you are in control of your own pace and resistance. You can go as hard or as easy as you like. So even if your fitness isn't great yet you can still get in and give it a go.

The instructors will help you with bike set up etc, just get there a little early to ask them.

You'll find the atmosphere of the class will tend to motivate you to work harder anyway. Spin is great because no matter fit you get you can always find another gear to crank it up.

Oh, and give it at LEAST three classes before you decide you don't (or do :P) like it. Generally everyone hates the first one and by the end of the third is addicted lol.

Have fun!
Agree 100%!!

First day of spinning class I was dead tired and sore the next day, now I'm addicted to it and I do it Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. If I can make it to class on Monday and Sunday, I do it too but not every week.

I love the energy of the class and the instructors both are amazing and helpful.
Renacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:18 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/---/148

I'm a runner. I've recently cut back, but it's intense enough for me to like it. I also play tennis when it's summer.
loquaciousjogger is offline   Reply With Quote