Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #31  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Arts - yeah...I'm slightly insane and when I do that I feel like complete jelly at the end, but I feel great. Its all about the endorphins for me. Working out like that also gives me awesome dreams.

As for the gel seat - I used one in the beginning and I know people who've been doing it for years who still use one - but I stopped using it. I found that if you sit up, like brace your abs and don't slump down in your seat, your butt doesn't hurt. Also, if I sit "properly" the seat just throws me off. It gives me a bigger ab/arm work out if I hold myself up, and I can so feel my butt soreness on days when I'm too lazy to sit right. But it took me about 6 months to learn that, so I'm all for the gel seat until you get it quite right.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:12 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

you ladies are sooo chatty....

I bought new curtians... and a wall mount for my new tv...

I totally agree that the knitting keeps you busy so you dont want to snack... If I'm busy I dont eat... I dont ever even feel hungry...

MEG- Post your goal story we all want to read it

Stella- Glad you got to hang with CB even if it involved french fries and cheeseburgers I always feel weird trying to eat healthy while out with people

Feral- that is amazing willpower... I'm gonna try this weekend however this weekend may involve lots of drinking
Old 01-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #33  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

OMG ICON I LOVE HIS FEEETTTTT!!! IT'S LIKE TWO FEET IN ONE! I'm jealous. I laugh because my gray kitty (Phoenix) has lil black feet too and lil black lips so I say he's my African American baby. Don't ask me why it strikes me as funny... I'm weird. And Phoenix is pigeon toed. I just wanna eat him with a spoon when he lays like that.... cause Mommy is pigeon toed too.

Shan - love hockey! That sounds like fun. Just keep hangin' in there -- we're always here for you to vent!

Stella
- so jealous of 5 Guys. I'm salivating thinking about it.

Haley
- Drinking throws all willpower and good decision making out the window. I got into the chocolate covered pretzels the other night when I got drunk. LOL
Old 01-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Feral, I love hockey too! I'm super super spoiled. My dad has seasons tickets to the Calgary Flames and hardly ever goes so my bf and I go to a lot of games about 15-20 games a year. To make me ever more spoiled.......... his seats are first row, right on the boards. They're awesome. I love my dad!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:02 PM   #35  
Train Insane

S/C/G: 191/151/135

Height: 5'8"

I started the couch to 5k today. Ran/walk 28 minutes and I can totally tell that I haven't been running. Hopefully it won't take me long to get back into it! When I finished I was so out of breath and I only ran for 10 minutes! Kind of discouraging though. Not working out is just so much easier and takes no effort...

Feral - Haha. This weekend I got drunk and had flipz - the white chocolate covered pretzels. They're just so darn good when you've been imbibing.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #36  

Hang in there Glitter!!! Hopefully I'll be starting that up again soon too!

Shan - JEALOUS!!!! My dad's company used to get season tix before the lockout, but they were 18 rows up from the penalty box. Still GREAT seats but not the boards!!!!! Lucky girl!

So I made an awesome dinner! I don't know what the points would come out to be if you WW girls wanted to do it but it was "taco casserole." I took 2 whole wheat tortillas, cut them into squares, baked them so they got crispy like chips.

Then cooked turkey with taco seasoning + other seasonings + tomato sauce and salsa. [It actually called for a diced tomato too but that was TOO much tomato for my liking] + cheese. Layer turkey + tortilla chips + turkey + cheese + tortilla chips. Bake for 8 minutes and WALAHHHHH!!!!! Taco salad/casserole. It was super yummy. My only regret was that I didn't get any shredded lettuce, but I did have sour cream!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:01 PM   #37  
I will do this.

I like cottage cheese

I am down 4.5 pounds in one week

I worked out on my own this morning for an hour and then walked the dog for another hour

I feel *great*

...ladies, ladies...three pages of chat? While it was lovely reading please don't be mad I don't get to personals right now. My fiane and I were shopping for second hand desks ALL DAY and I can hardly see straight I am so tired. I will get to them after dinner tonight or tomorrow morning.

Oh, but stella I hear you on the Dad thing.....kinda feels like I lost both parents sometimes.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #38  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

omg you ladies are quite chatty today!

Feral - I make homemade pizza all the time. Whole wheat crust (of course), storebought pizza sauce (i try to get one without too much sugar) and part skim shredded mozzorella! Then add whatever you want. The last one i made was chicken and green pepper... yummmmmy!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #39  
1st grade teacher

S/C/G: 250/189.9/130

Height: 5"2'

Weekends- My problem with weekends is that I have to make myself eat. I would rather just skip the eating all together on Saturdays and Sundays. Wish my Metabolism would allow that

In other news this diet I'm on is killing my hormone level and I'm so utterly depressed lately. It's really bad. I hate life and work and pretty much ignore most of my friends, but doing the best I can and the diet only lasts til the beginning of Feb. I miss seritonin!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #40  

Air - what the HECK are you doing? Can you try doing some things that enhance serotonin and endorphins?!?!?!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #41  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

arts and feral- you should see her trying to wash her paws xD One paw almost completely covers her face and then she starts nawing and pulling bits out from between the toes and generally fighting her feet Phoenix sounds adorable!!! feet abnormalities for the win

feral- for pizza, i usually just use the base (or sometimes i just use some pita bread, cut in half so it doesnt blow up like a balloon), tomato paste (or sauce), then whatever toppings i have around- bacon, spring onions, cheese, pineapple pieces, onion, capsicum, ham, chicken, whatever! Then i just bung it under the grill until its yummy. Any raw meats i put on the top so they cook

Air- what diet are you on? doesnt sound sustainable to me...or pleasant! dieting doesnt have to be torture!

Flea bombing is complete! I love the smell of insecticide in the afternoon. Mmmm. But i am never ever doing an entire house flea bombing by myself again. Also, all my furniture is going to be inflatable in the future

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 01-11-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #42  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Air - why don't you try going for a walk/run/doing something that makes you sweat a lot. That always makes me feel better when I'm depressed. Well, that and sobbing loudly.

Feral - that taco casserole sounds amazing...

Icon - You are a brave soul to do that alone.

So apparently a cheeseburger and fries are the perfect fuel for running. I started Week 5 today and it was awesome. I've realized I can't rely on music for my rhythm, I need to use the music to pass the time, but it goes much better if I set my own, constant rhythm.

I'm like 75% sure I'm going to do my first 5K around St. Patrick's Day. I'm going to keep up with C25K, so I have enough time to get there. I sent the link to CB, because he said he'd do it with me, and it looks like a few of my other friends are going for it as well. I can so do this. Also, Jessie and I may do the Disney Princess half marathon in 2011. Gives me time to get up there, and we get princess gear and a vacation out of it
Old 01-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #43  
2010 is my year!

S/C/G: 230/230/180

Height: 5'6

I'm new here and you guys are hilarious. This is gonna be fun.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:48 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Hey, Vontrese -- welcome!! The support here is fantastic and we all actually get to know each other, which is great!! I'm sure you'll love it

Just did an hour of yoga and then 30 mins on the elliptical/stair hybrid thing. Now I'm STARRRRRRRRRRVING but I feel great!! And, I'm back down to 216.5, which still isn't great, but at least it's not 220. I still have NO clue where that came from. Hopefully this swift downward trend from 220 will continue.... I feel like I've been really good with food (except for the binge) and have been working out really consistently, changing it up (yoga, spinning, treadmill, elliptical).... hopefully I'll see some results soon!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #45  
I will do this.

Yum, I just ate a great dinner. Grilled chicken breasts with green chilies and a bit of FF mexican cheese blend on top with a side of broccoli.

I am also gonna go enjoy a 100 calorie organic strawberry yogurt bar by Julies. They are super good and an excellent source of probiotics. Here is the link to her site: http://oregonicecream.com/julies_organic.shtml I found them at Whole Foods.

No gym for me tomorrow. I am going to get a nice jog in with dog, though. I have scheduled my gym workouts for every other day and four days a week. I think that makes for a strong start to my working out schedule.

arts My goodness that's a lot of working out. You sure are back in the saddle. Way to go! How did the singing go?

stella Cheeseburgers and fries fuel for running? COOL. I like running to music - but sometimes doing it with no music can be nice as well. I am sure you will run that....and the Disney Princess run seems like a lot of fun!

air Might I suggest working out. Working out decreases depression, lift moods and decrease hunger. Even just a walk around the neighborhood should do it. Also, are you eating enough different foods. Often I can get bored with my menu and feel deprived and get a bit down in the dumps. Make sure you are having fun with the foods you are eating and getting a bit of movement in.

Icon Flea bombing? EWW. If you would stop leaving those lemon chicken crackers out we wouldn't have this problem now, would we?

feral OMG that dinner sounds amazing. I am going to have to try it. I bet it was filling, too. Thanks for sharing.

glitter Good job running for 10 minutes. I think me running for 5 is kinda cool...but 10! I am sure you will get to your goal in no time. Don't get discouraged!

shantroy i love hockey, too! Actually, I am going to an AVS game this saturday with my Dad...I am really excited. Now, if I can just stay away from that beer...

vontrese Welcome to 3FC. I am sure you are going to love it. Everyone on here is so wonderful...stick around and I am sure you will make it to your goal in no time!

I know I couldn't get back to all you lovely ladies but know that I am rooting for you and we can DO THIS!!
Closed Thread