Old 10-22-2009, 02:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/162.4/130

Height: 5'6

Default NO Desserts and MORE Water Challenge

So since the new years challenge is sorta long term, I am making some mini challenge/motivations for myself for being healthier with my diet.

Since I am a dessert lover ---- and for all the sweet tooths out there

The challenge is ------- no deserts until 29th oct. Then you can reward yourself a little bit on Halloween.

So no deserts/candy/cake etc etc. Doesn't matter if it is sugar free or fat free or carb free whatever. The point is to control the sweet tooth and not let it control you. SO do this until 29th OCT and on halloween reward yourself if you wish. Its only a few days and I figured Halloween is a good motivation.

The second challenge is Water Challenge. This is until 31st OCT. Again short challenge but it should be great.

Drink 10 glasses or 2.5 liters of water a day. Its easier for me to go by glass. And water means water --not gatorade or vitamin water or coconut water or juice. Those are on the side. 10 glasses of water a day until Halloween. This is good because many of us don't even realize we are dehydrated until we are severely dehydrated. A dry mouth or lips are on eof the last stages of dehydration. A great thing to do is drink water after peeing every single time. This will teach you body to NOT RETAIN THAT EXTRA WATER.

I hope you guys join in. Lets update this everyday.

c ya.
sweettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:20 AM   #2  
~Veronica~

S/C/G: 277/264/252

Height: 5'8" Age:26

Im in! I know Im horrible about just drinking water and this is what I need! My water weight was out of control last week. I do really good with desserts but I could use the extra motivation to keep them away. Im in week 3 so Im sure a dessert frenzy is about to hit. lol

Yay! We can do this! =)
VernDern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #3  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 165/153/135

Height: 5"6

I'm in! (for the water part anyway) I just can't seem to get it down. I tried adding flavor packets to it, drinking it warm, then cold.. I tried it all and I just can't seem to get enough. How do you do it?

As for the sweet tooth, I have one and it's SUPER bad.... I indulge in a small piece of chocolate (55 calories) every night and it's the only thing that keeps me from going out of control. It sounds odd but I'm so afraid that if I cut that out I'm going to just eat every thing in sight.
ChristineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #4  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Chrissy, I keep a bottle of water at my desk all the time. And I don't buy soda's or anything else. That's the ONLY way I can make myself drink water. I hate it. I think it's gross, but I've been drinking only water (except for 1 diet coke and 1 cup of coffee a week) for the last 3 months.

As for the chocolate thing, sometimes we just have to. I buy the no sugar added Fudgesicles (40 cals.) and eat one of those if I am craving something sweet. I LOVE ice cream, so this gives me my chocolate fix and my ice cream fix in one hit.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:50 AM   #5  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

sounds good... as of late, i have been eating A LOT of sweets... and of course, not enough water.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #6  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Can't hop on the no sweets band wagon. I've been doing pretty good curtailing my sweet tooth with alternatives....

But I will join in on the 10 glasses a day. I try to limit myself to one caffeine free diet coke and one cup of coffee per day. The rest is all water. I've even gotten to the point where I don't mind drinking water.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:47 PM   #7  

SO here is a simple thing that I read somewhere and has been like passed for generations in my family and extended family --- u may all know---

FIRST THING WHEN YOU WAKE UP --- drink a full glass of luke warm water. or even warm. IT is a great way to cleanse yourself and very very healthy. I know some of you dont drink water because you dont like the taste but there is a solution to that. Add like a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice. The lemon in it actually helps you lose weight. O AND NO SUGAR IN IT PLZ

I was good about it all day and I had 3 glasses of water already.

The water also helps with improving your skin. SO for those of us who struggle with acne this may help.

O another thing I read was that drinking warm water helps lose weight. My mom always drinks luke warm water with after her meals etc. I will try to do that. Its hard coz warm water tastes weird.

As far as the desserts go --- OMG the red velvet cheesecake i got yesterday from cheesecake factory is sitting in my fridge. I ate some of it only yesterday and about half is left over. I feel terrible throwing it away. And my mom wouldnt really wanna eat it. I hope I dont cave in. If i keep seeing it till TOnight I will trash it
Its gonna suck but you know what I WILL DO IT. And maybe on Halloween I will reward myself with a new piece from cheesecake factory. uh
Old 10-23-2009, 12:40 AM   #8  
~Veronica~

Sweettooth, THROW IT AWAY! HURRY! If I was there I would trash it for you. Be STRONG! Dont make eye contact with it...it will suck you in! =)

As for me....I did HORRIBLE with water today. I bought a bottle before lecture today and well...that was at 12 and I still have some water left in it. Im such a tea drinker! Is tea that bad? Hmmph

Were actually going to the store when my bf gets home from work and IM going to insist that we buy some kind of filtered water! He thinks its silly to spend money on water when we have tap but I cant do tap. Eck. Im going to try the lemon juice though. It will give it a nice kick I think.

I havnt had any sweets today. I dont keep them in the house so its really easy for me to go without. Just dont let me go in an icecream shop.

How did everyone else do? Hopefully better than me with the water! lol
Old 10-23-2009, 12:46 AM   #9  

hey VernDern --- OMG you have no idea. Its still sitting in my fridge and looks soooo gorgeous. I cant throw it away and I keep wanting to eat it. Its like I am telling myself -- JUST ONE SPOON ---- but i havent done it yet. Aaa I should throw it away.

I offered my mom to eat it and she wont.

Its hard for me to trash it. The argument I am giving myself is that I spend money on it. Its like 9 bucks for a piece.

But I will throw it away. I swear a little tear will come out of my eyes when i throw it away.

I am doing good on water. Its not over yet. I have had 6 glasses. 4 more to go. I go to bed late so i think I will manage them.

I will post when i trash that RED VELVET CHEESECAKE.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:51 AM   #10  

OK so my dad said he will eat it. He has a sweet tooth too. Just as bad as mine. Only thing he is fit. and I am fat.

well the cheesecake is taken care of. I hope he gets to it soooon.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:42 AM   #11  
~Veronica~

Im glad he decided to eat it! I wouldnt be able to stand it. Cheesecake is my absolute most favorite dessert...well that and ice cream. I wouldnt had made it home with it...it wouldve been gobbled up in the car. haha. Im weak which means I absolutely cant even think about buying bad stuff. Eck!

Good job on resisting it! =)
Old 10-23-2009, 08:54 AM   #12  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 165/153/135

Height: 5"6

Nella- One cup a week? You might be my hero!

I didn't do too well with the water yesterday. I only had three glasses. Every morning I have to have my cup of coffee and then I try to drink water at work all day but I think my problem is that I just don't drink alot... I know it's horrible to be 'dehydrated' but looking at a whole bottle of water just makes my skin crawl. Horrible isn't it?

How'd everyone else do yesterday?
ChristineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #13  

Yeah VernDern, in the morning I saw the pretty box in the trash in which the cheesecake was.

You know I am glad I did this challenege because before this i didnt realize how seriously addicted to sweets I was.

It was so freaking hard to go to sleep last night. I kept wanting to get up and put something sweet in my mouth --- like dessert. It was unbearable. I CANT BELIEVE I AM ADDICTED. before this i thought yeah i love sweet stuff. But --- to have side effects when i dont eat it --- i never imagined that.

I made up the water to 9 glasses. I think that was definitely 2.5 liters because in addition to those 9 glasses i put like 1/4 glass juice and added water to it for every meal. I also drank like a bottle of water at gym. SO I think i probably had 10 glasses. I remember it being 11pm and i was still at 6 glasses. Then I filled the rest 3 glasses and put them on the table. I kept drinking them as if they were soda or some drink.

I had the lemon water in the morning. I thought it was good. You could add extra lemon if you like.

Good luck for today guys.

I CANT WAIT TILL till 31st when i can finally eat dessert again. lol
Old 10-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #14  
~Veronica~

So I just woke up (yes I realize its 330 in the afternoon and I should be joining a get on schedule challenge) and Im sitting here trying REALLY HARD to drink this huge cup of water and its making me feel sick! I decided last night that I would just fill a huge cup of water and leave it on my nightstand so when I get up I can just chug it. 1st of all, I forgot about it....I had to go back to get it. I tried chuggin and thought I would puke. Now Im taking big swallows and each swallow gets worse.

Cant I just drink tea? I drink ALOT of unsweetened iced tea. Cant that count for my water intake? Please? lol

Ehhh, sorry for being whiney and dramatic. Perhaps I'll squirt some lemon in it. Its tap water and I think Im just psychologically playing games with myself. I need bottled water...desperately.

We can do this!!!! I'll be back later to tell yall of all the water I consumed today. Promise. =)
Old 10-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

ooo I'd love to join the water bandwagon! I LOVE water but for some reason suck at drinking enough. And I don't drink anything except an occasional coffee or hot chocolate.
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote