Old 08-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #16  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha17a View Post
luvja- Sounds like your friend is jealous of you maybe? Do you think it has anything to do with your weight loss and getting attention from guys? Sorry I'm assuming, I know not all friends are like that. But I have read so many threads about people losing weight and then all of a sudden experience attitude and jealousy from their friends. Congrats on your 100lb loss so far, thats so amazing!

Thank you! And that could be it. A year ago, men wouldn't look at me. Now things are different obviously. She has some meat on her too, she's short, like 5'3"-5'4", and around 210 lbs. Before she used to get all the attention, now that I've lost weight I get some too. And I know she's an attention @#$%^.
Or it could be that I'm out having fun with other people and not her.
I just don't know!

Last edited by luvja; 08-10-2009 at 12:15 PM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #17  

Height: 6'1

stellarose- what part of California are you coming to?
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #18  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha17a View Post
stellarose- what part of California are you coming to?
Tomorrow I'm flying into SFO, but staying in Palo Alto until Thursday - I'm working at Stanford Hospital Wed/Thursday, then going to San Francisco on Thursday night until Saturday for fun time. One of my friends from NJ is flying out on Wednesday so we're going to have a mini-vacation
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #19  

^oh how fun! I used to live near SF, but moved to Los Angeles area a couple years ago. You will have a grea time though, its a very fun city.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 192/166/150

Height: 5'11"

stellarose- I'm so jealous! I LOVED palo alto. I considered really seriously going to Stanford. The campus is so beautiful, and obviously it's a great school. But ultimately I freaked about being across the country, and ended up staying on the east coast. I feel like you mentioned the other day that you got a new job? Or maybe that was someone else? I felt like there was a hospital mentioned though, what do you do?
PiedPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #21  
Brighter than the moon!

Ha, no new job. But I do go to hospitals a lot.

My official title is data manager/protocol monitor. I work for a gov't contractor that gets most of their business from NIH. The project I work on is an NIH grant that designs and runs adult stem cell transplant trials (bone marrow, cord blood, etc) all over the country. When I'm in the office I make sure the data on my trials is entered correctly and on time, I answer questions from nurses/coordinators at the sites and I design the web forms that we use to capture data. When I travel, we compare the medical records with what they enter into the web forms to make sure there's no fraud and that everything is pretty accurate.

I'm actually pretty psyched to go to Palo Alto - for a very nerdy reason - I'm a Jurassic Park nut (books AND movies) and they're always in Palo Alto, roaming the streets, etc so I'm like OH MY GOD I FINALLY GET TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE. As I said. I'm an uber nerd.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #22  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I just woke up and im having a meh day already. I'm sick of the council coming and running around my property, pretending to fix their drains but actually doing jack all except jack off. How long does it take to fix a drain?? They have been here for months. Just off, council

Im angry at the other cats in my area for biting my cat all the time. Shes been bitten on her tail this time and its so painful for her. Her tail is all floppy instead of the nice big questionmark shape it should be. off, cats

Im angry I havent busted this eight month plateau yet I thought i had and then i screwed up Its not fair! I had 3 days of not so fantastic eating and its back to plateauing?? WTF?? off, plateau

There is still no timetable dammit!!

Knickers, knickers, knickers!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #23  
Brighter than the moon!

Icon, I'm about to say eff you, California, and fly to New Zealand to a) give you a hug and b) hurt those other cats. What the eff is their problem?
Old 08-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #24  
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Height: 5'3"

Angry

Hi guys,

I can relate to the friend problems.

**begin rant**
I have tried to be patient with my ex-fiance, I have given it my best effort and I am really at my wit's end. He is still ridiculously clingy. Even when I started dating again he STILL wanted to talk to me and be intimately involved in the details of my relationships. WTF? Is it really such a bad thing to move on? Today he just got on my last nerve, and I am sick of dealing with it.

Not only this, I have this young kid (like REALLY young, seven years younger than me) who messages me constantly and acts all whiny when I get tired of answering. Not only this, he overtly (and rather impolitely) flirts with me, even though he has a girlfriend. And now today he announced to me that he had broken up with his girlfriend and was proud of it. My immediate thought was, "Oh, crap."

Honestly, do I really attract these types of people naturally? I don't even like dating men THAT much. *rolls eyes* :P

**end rant**

I really just want to go out to the gym and run on the treadmill. I haven't done it since I moved and I really miss it. I don't even care about food at this point. (Could I consider this a NSV? )

Anyway, I apologize if I ruined anyone's good mood. I promise that next time I'm here I will try to be happier. No really, I will.

M
miss shelly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:59 PM   #25  
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Height: 5'3"

By the way, Icon, huge for you and your adorable kitty. I hope things get better for you soon.

M

Last edited by miss shelly84; 08-10-2009 at 04:00 PM. Reason: My usual emissions of cranial flatus.
miss shelly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #26  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I know right? My kitty is lovely Little polydactyl runt that she is. The only consolation is that the bites are moving down her body- ribs, back leg, tail, so maybe she is getting faster? Lol. One of them also sneaks in through her cat flap and eats her food And shes all depressed because she cant go out because the council are here, jacking off into the drains.

You totally ditch california and come here. We will stake out the house for cats

Thanks miss shelly boys are silly. Tell them where to stick it

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 08-10-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #27  

Icon your kitty sounds adorable. I'm sorry shes being roughed up by the other cats. Is there a way you could keep her indoors more? Also bla to all the people that aren't fixing your drain problems. Whys it taking them so long?

miss shelly omg I attract wierdos too. When I was single and all my friends were in relationships, I only had wierd guys approach me. I think I sent out creepy-guy-come-talk-to-me vibes. You didn't ruin my mood, anyways its Monday so I don't think too many people are in great moods yet.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/129

hello ladies. Haven't posted in the chat area in a while. My weekend was great, I had my new boy ( not sure if we are boyfriend girl friend yet- We've only went on four dates.. so we'll see..) meet my friends, and they really liked him, so that was good.My Monday could be a little better though Woke up this morning to find that I have a bladder infection, so I went to the doctors and am now drinking insane amounts of cranberry juice. Blah.
hiimnatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:01 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Um... gee... a lot of these posts were downers . I hope everyone's week improves from here.

Luvja: First off, wasn't I supposed to be invited to the next Jamaica trip?
I think your friend is a bit jealous. And honestly I don't think you did anything wrong. Just tell her you wanna spend time with the guy when he's around. I'm sure you give her the same respect when her fiance is around. She'll be mad at first, but she'll get over it if she's really your friend.

Stella: Sending you a PM
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #30  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

so clearly it's summer and i'm not working because i don't know the date...i posted this under the wrong week. let's try again

heeelllloooooo ladies!

i'm so sorry i've been missing for so long. live has been CRAZY! last i was here i was in outerbanks with my family. well a week later i went out to arizona to visit my brothers for my one brothers 30th birthday...and went to the phils/dbacks games (all 3 ). The day after I came home, my town was hit by a tornado. A freakin tornado in south jersey. how does that happen?? we're all ok, we lost 2 huge trees from the front of our house, barely missed my dad's cars but the cars and house are all good. it knocked out our electricity for a few days and since we have well water, we lost water too. fun times.

i've spent the last week at my cousin's helping her take care of her kids (5 and 1) because she just had gastric bypass. In 3 weeks she's lost as much as i have in the last year. grrrr. Her doctors told her it was the best option for her because she has a thyroid disease. Her sister who has the same disease had the surgery 2 years ago and is doing wonderfully. The babies wore me out though.

On the weight front, I've been under 160 for 5 days in a row!!! I'm up and down between 157 and 159 but I'm super happy! I haven't been under 160 in about 10 years. crazy.

Well, I'm sorry I've been gone so long. I've missed you ladies!!!

Hope all is well!!
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote