Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #1  
Losing 20! :)
Thread Starter
 
kiahna23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The evergreen state!
Posts: 272

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Default Im ready to call it quits!

I am 146lbs right now and I want to get to 126 by october 31st! I dont know what Im doing wrong! I am on the P90X and it works but my stomach is the result of 4 kids! I dont have saggy skin and I wear a bikini but...my stomach isnt going anywhere...In fact my scale has said I gained 2lbs! This is bull! I cant poop at all! And Im feeling like I want to give up...How can I make the scale move...I eat very well and lots of leafy greens NO canned veggies all fresh ones....I tried bran flakes for fiber but it isnt working...I dont know what to do...Please help me...

Last edited by kiahna23; 08-03-2009 at 06:23 PM.
kiahna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster
 
beerab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California
Posts: 4,487

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

I think you just have to keep at it, I mean you've already lose an amazing amount of weight, maybe try upping the workouts? Or try some strength training to tone up?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #3  
Losing 20! :)
Thread Starter
 
kiahna23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The evergreen state!
Posts: 272

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
I think you just have to keep at it, I mean you've already lose an amazing amount of weight, maybe try upping the workouts? Or try some strength training to tone up?
Thanx I will do that..The p90x is alot of strengh training though...Im debating on lipo to get this stomach off...not sure yet..
kiahna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #4  
Member
 
Curvz0002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 37

S/C/G: 150/145/125

Height: 5'3" *small frame* Current measurements: 36/29/41 *GOAL: 34/28/39*

Lightbulb Hang in there!

Well considering that you're not pooping, that definitely affects how much you weigh. If you're putting food into your body and nothing is coming out, then you are accumulating all the waste that your body needs to get rid of. That could account for the 2lb weight gain! I eat Fiber One cereal because one serving of that stuff contains over half of your daily dietary fiber. Also DRINK TONS OF WATER!! I know I need to follow my own advice with that one, but if your body is not getting adequate water intake, then it will absorb every ounce of extra water in your stool in order to compensate for the deficit. This leads to constipation and impaction... definitely no fun! If you're getting adequate fiber and water, and you're exercising with still nothing coming out the other end, you may need to take a mild stool softener just to get things going. It could be you're impacted and your bowels just can't move. Docusate sodium (Colace), docusate calcium (Surfak), and milk of magnesia (Phillips) are mild laxatives that don't cause all of the cramping that Ex-lax and other similar brands may cause. Oh and one more thing, if you're not taking in adequate nutrition (AKA starving yourself) then don't expect to poop a lot. Remember, your body will squeeze everything remotely salvageable out of what you are taking in before it will excrete it as waste, especially if it is being deprived. If you are exercising vigorously you need to take in more calories and nutrition (like protein). If you are only taking in like 900-1100 calories a day or even less, don't expect your bowels to move every day or even every other day, because there just isn't going to be enough waste. There are right and wrong ways to lose weight. Exercising is very important, but if you are starving yourself in the process then you just aren't going to get the results you want. You may "lose weight" but it isn't going to be fat (like your abdomen dilemma) it will be fluid and lean muscle mass, because you're not taking in the adequate protein and calories your body needs in order to build lean muscle. Your body will break down its own self in order to sustain your vital organs and keep you alive. So in short, eat right or you're not going to get anywhere. Hope this helped!

Kayla
Curvz0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #5  
Losing 20! :)
Thread Starter
 
kiahna23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The evergreen state!
Posts: 272

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curvz0002 View Post
Well considering that you're not pooping, that definitely affects how much you weigh. If you're putting food into your body and nothing is coming out, then you are accumulating all the waste that your body needs to get rid of. That could account for the 2lb weight gain! I eat Fiber One cereal because one serving of that stuff contains over half of your daily dietary fiber. Also DRINK TONS OF WATER!! I know I need to follow my own advice with that one, but if your body is not getting adequate water intake, then it will absorb every ounce of extra water in your stool in order to compensate for the deficit. This leads to constipation and impaction... definitely no fun! If you're getting adequate fiber and water, and you're exercising with still nothing coming out the other end, you may need to take a mild stool softener just to get things going. It could be you're impacted and your bowels just can't move. Docusate sodium (Colace), docusate calcium (Surfak), and milk of magnesia (Phillips) are mild laxatives that don't cause all of the cramping that Ex-lax and other similar brands may cause. Oh and one more thing, if you're not taking in adequate nutrition (AKA starving yourself) then don't expect to poop a lot. Remember, your body will squeeze everything remotely salvageable out of what you are taking in before it will excrete it as waste, especially if it is being deprived. If you are exercising vigorously you need to take in more calories and nutrition (like protein). If you are only taking in like 900-1100 calories a day or even less, don't expect your bowels to move every day or even every other day, because there just isn't going to be enough waste. There are right and wrong ways to lose weight. Exercising is very important, but if you are starving yourself in the process then you just aren't going to get the results you want. You may "lose weight" but it isn't going to be fat (like your abdomen dilemma) it will be fluid and lean muscle mass, because you're not taking in the adequate protein and calories your body needs in order to build lean muscle. Your body will break down its own self in order to sustain your vital organs and keep you alive. So in short, eat right or you're not going to get anywhere. Hope this helped!

Kayla
Thanx! No i dont starve myself...I eat what the P90X tells me too! And man is it alot sometimes...But I think its the water...I dont drink more than 2 bottles...Im sure thats not enough...And Im going to try the fiber one cereal...I love the bars but havent bought any...THNKS AGAIN! Good advice.
kiahna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #6  
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 281

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

Default

All I can say is don't quit. How long have you gained 2lbs? Is that over 3 or 3 days or 2 weeks? If its a short period of time I wouldn't worry. On Monday I can weight 135lbs, Tuesday 139, and then Wednesday 132lbs. Scales are stupid.
benchmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:20 PM   #7  
Losing 20! :)
Thread Starter
 
kiahna23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The evergreen state!
Posts: 272

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarkman View Post
All I can say is don't quit. How long have you gained 2lbs? Is that over 3 or 3 days or 2 weeks? If its a short period of time I wouldn't worry. On Monday I can weight 135lbs, Tuesday 139, and then Wednesday 132lbs. Scales are stupid.
LOL...Scales are dumb..Thanks...and its over about 3 days...Im going to try and motivate myself..I usually watch music videos and it makes me get up quick! lol..
kiahna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #8  
Senior Member
 
Thighs Be Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,629

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Default

double post

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 08-03-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #9  
Senior Member
 
Thighs Be Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,629

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Default

Oh the fluctuations are way normal. Start charting your weight. Chances are you will begin to see patterns of peaks and valleys. Also get something high fiber in you today. Try some Kashi Go Lean cereal--I nearly killed myself with it. LOL.

Also, P90X is most likely adding some muscle. If you are sore, there is water in your muscles as a natural part of the repairation process. In other words, you are retaining some fluid right now. You will be fine! I just know it. Keep up your good work.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #10  
Member
 
Curvz0002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 37

S/C/G: 150/145/125

Height: 5'3" *small frame* Current measurements: 36/29/41 *GOAL: 34/28/39*

Wink

Anytime! Good luck and keep up all the hard work!

Kayla
Curvz0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #11  
banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 281

S/C/G: 222/136/?

Height: 5'10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiahna23 View Post
LOL...Scales are dumb..Thanks...and its over about 3 days...Im going to try and motivate myself..I usually watch music videos and it makes me get up quick! lol..
Lol 3 days. Don't get stressed over that. I can gain 2lbs starve myself for 5 days and still be 2 lbs higher. Then I can go out to the Cheesecake Factory and the next day I will be down 3lbs on the scale.
benchmarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:19 PM   #12  
live, laugh, love
 
canadianangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trenton,Ontario
Posts: 259

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

Default

i have ries a baked apple before with cinnonon sprinked on it, and tons of water....you need water to make sure everything works!

ang
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #13  
Senior Member
 
angelanicole23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Newfoundland,Canada
Posts: 694

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Default

Yep I'd say you definitely need more than the two bottles of water...wayy more especially if you're exercising a lot.

I sometimes go through the same thing...unable to 'use' for 2-3 days...my stomach is all crampy..bloated...and just in pain...i've even thought of going to Dr. to see if its IBS. However...I have found that by eating Fibre one..and drinking at least 8 cups of water a day does WONDERS!!! I swear by Fibre One..lol

Good luck!!!
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #14  
Senior Member
 
Aclai4067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,559

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Default

Anytime you want to quit, ask yourself this: "Do I want to go through this all over again?" Because really, you always end up starting over, and upset that you didn't do it last time. I think most of us here have found ourselves in that cycle, and we're here to break it.

oh- and eating a few apples can work as a natural laxitive
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #15  
Losing 20! :)
Thread Starter
 
kiahna23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The evergreen state!
Posts: 272

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Thank you to all! I may have a lactose intolerance still...I had it when I was a child and I thought it went away but i dont think it has....Im going to try out soy milk..pray for me..And fiber one cereal and LOTS of water.....And I will buy apples....
kiahna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.