Old 06-23-2009, 12:13 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

so so so tired today. I've got so many things to do today but can't seem to get outta my hubby's recliner!! Grr! Somehow I've got to shut off Paula Deen. Though I don't care to watch her(anything she makes would surely cause a heart attack) I can't seem to move the channel. Ugghhh.....
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:19 PM   #17  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I went with a grilled chicken and avocado sandwich, and substituted the fries for fruit.

(Yes, I love avocados that much)

Now I have exactly 3 hours to drink a lot of water and pee to counteract any sodium I may have just consumed. Hydration GO.

Nish - Glad to see you survived the wilderness!

Amy - Just keep swimming is how I get myself through many tough days. It may be corny, but thinking of it at least makes me laugh.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:26 PM   #18  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Stella - I'm so glad you met your dad's girlfriend, that was the toughest thing for me to endure, until he married her. My brother and sisters still do not like her and haven't really opened up to her, but its slowly coming around. They don't seem to share the idea if he's happy we should be happy. It's TOUGH but she makes the effort, and I think so should they. Your sister will come around, some people need more time than others, I just tell myself nothing changes the fact that my dad loved my mom. :-) Definitely report back to us on True Blood, I have yet to see a show but the BF says we need to start watching them he's seen the 1st three, we have it on demand! Nice work on the dinner out!

amy - i'm sorry things didn't work out, its totally understandable to have those feelings! You'll get through it hun, just remember things happen for a reason, maybe this was just a good lesson for when the real one comes your way! Just keep swimming is a great motto!

chele - your weekend sounds fun, i'm glad you got to surprise your friend like that!

icon - how'd you do at dinner last night?

Jelbb - usually it's super high because of dressings and cheese, i always look for the high calorie ingredient to be removed...maybe you could split something with your stepdad, that usually works too, that way you can get something you really like and not feel like you had to give something up...i mean you should be able to enjoy at the same time. But yeah, the gluten free thing would get in the way! I'm sure its definitely the salt from dinner last night, it will go away!

Luvja - glad you got your walk on even though its summer, at least its not raining on ya again!

Cake - hello my new hero! You are working it, look at your new pic!! HAWT top babe! I'm so glad you and the boy are getting along, i was wondering about that.

Nish - yay you're alive! I wont ask about TX, but WOOWHO! Cheers to whatever you are doing!

HappyMomma - I'm feeling ya, i've been LAZY lately, don't have any drive to work out one bit!

As for me, I've been super lazy all month, ran about 9.3 miles total and that's terrible, it was 2 weeks ago. I'm in summer school and have to go to the gym by myself about 2 hours later than normal and i just don't want too. I'm going in at the same time so i still dont have the drive to get up and run at 3am, but i have to leave work for 2 hours to go to class. Oh well i'm not gaining, except i lost almost 6lbs on detox and added 4-5 of it back. I'm doing detox again, and i'll continue to keep meat out until july 4th, and hopefully i can be in the low 140s. I'm not too unhappy about it, i still know i'm looking better and better, it just sucks to be in a slump I like working out! Anyway, happy tuesday to you all.
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #19  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

I did pretty good- better than expected. Everything was pretty high calorie, but we ended up having breads and antipasto for the table as an entry so i could easily portion control that, and it came to less than a soup or salad entry that i was planning on having. I had chicken kebabs for the main, it did come with a fair amount of rice and a cream sauce that i didnt expect, but it was very filling so i only had half the rice. I think including birthday peacan pie i came to around 1550 calories for the day- pretty good!

Stink about your slump Its really hard, i know sometimes i think my planning is bad but when i actually look at it my timetable is simply full and working out actually is hard to fit in- that sucks when theres nothing you can do about it. At least you are maintaining though
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #20  

Height: 5'9"

Hi girlies
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:30 PM   #21  
This is not a test.

harro!
Old 06-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

I made it out of the gym alive! I managed 5 miles ...so that is 11 for the week. woohoo. I'll do four tomorrow ...hopefully with a buddy ....but i have intimidated her because she hasn't really been running. I told her I would go her pace but she doesn't seem too enthused. I miss running w/ her so I hope she changes her mind.

Dansin - HEEEEEEEY. I miss you. I am sorry you are in a slump. I know you love working out! Once summer school is over you will get in the groove. In the meantime maybe you can go on the weekends.

Jelbb - I am so glad you clarified the degrees cause I was thinking WTF. How can it be that cold and HUMID???? LOL I know I am an idiot. Glad you made out okay at the restaurant. Oh and my butt bone hurts from Spinning Class. I loved it but my a** didn't.

Stella - I love avocado that much too......lol

Ghost - You did well. GJ

Nisha - Hey sexy mama! Sounds like you are having a lot of fun!!!!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #23  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Hi Girls!

What's new with you? Anything exciting?

What's new with me??? Let's see...

I ran my first 5K with a time of 40:36

I am finding it incredibly difficult to keep trying to lose weight while the scale creeps upward...

I am totally lacking motivation, can't remember the last time I worked out and have been avoiding 3FC for those above reasons. Can u help me? I dont wanna be a quitter or stop coming like so many of our beauties have in the last couple of months. Where is HWG???
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #24  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

HappyMomma:
I don't know what show you're watching, but I felt that way about the Barefoot Contessa... she'd be like, "Let's add a little butter," and dump in an entire brick. Leaving me totally speechless, lol. But damn, did her food look good.

Stella:
Sodium is the devil. I hope you peed lots.

DanSinDeva:
Hey, 9 k is still 9 k. Sure, maybe it's not as much as you're used to doing, but it's not NOTHING, which is what a lot of people are doing. Don't be dismissive of the work you HAVE done! Celebrate every little thing! I'm still patting myself on the back for taking my dog for a walk 4 days straight, lol. It's great that you're still losing weight tho! Slump or no slump! Keep atter, honey!

Ghost:
Hey, not bad, not bad for the day at all! Way to go! Good choices made, hurrah!

Cake:
Ohhh, the spinning! You hurt your butt with it? Boo! I think technically, you're not supposed to sit your butt on the seat that much. I say this with snorting disbelief, as my mother TEACHES spin classes at the local YMCA, and every time I try to take her class, I feel nauseated and horrible, and there's NO WAY I could do it without my butt firmly planted on that seat. Those classes are waaaay too intense for me, even with my mommy teaching them, lol.

HEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!! HIIIII!!!!!!!:
Welcome back honey! Yessss, the evil creeping scale, it happens. It happened to me, I'm back up a bit. We just need a little solidarity, sister! Get back in here, EVEN when you have bad days! I avoid 3FC when I fall off the wagon, which is the WORST time to avoid 3FC as we all know, because it's such an inspiration! STICK AROUND! How are things!?

And as For Me:
My girl friend is being a frienemy. She's been texting me non-stop asking me to go for a beer. I told her I was gonna pass, because I'm counting my calories, and I'm all done for the day, and I know if I go, I'll be tempted to drink beer and eat food. So, she and her boyfriend went out.

She txts me, "I have a cold beer waiting here for you!"
I reply, "Thanks, but I really can't. "
She replies, "Come ONNNN, it's iiiice coooold. And it's only one beer."
At this point, I'm thinking, seriously, I just told you I'm watching my calories... I essentially say, "No, I really can't, I need to fit into this bridesmaids dress on Saturday,"
And then she pulls the line that always convinces me that a DQ blizzard isn't such a bad idea, "You only live once, Jess."

Is it just me... or do I maybe not want to spend this life (that I'm only living once) chubby, and insecure, and unhappy, and alone? I hate when people try to pressure me into food, or junk, because I have a hard enough time saying no already, I don't need added pressure, you know? Guh. Sorry. End small rant.

Last edited by Jelbb; 06-23-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:31 AM   #25  

Jelbb - Ughhh I have a major FRIENemy. She really is a great friend and a great person, however she is always dragging me DOWN. Sounds horrible, but it's the truth. I have been spending a lot less time with her lately, and she is not too thrilled about that. Tonight I decided to see her, she goes straight to the Wendy's drive through, she insisted I get something, but I stood my ground and didn't. However, I DID taste a sample of her new "Asian Chicken" Just 2 little peices, could have been a lot worse! I don't feel so bad, I walked about 7-8 km today. Then AFTER the Wendy's situation, we drive past Dairy Queen and she says "How 'Bout a Blizzard!?" I'm like "No....I'm good - DIET" then she says "Yeah but you CAN eat ice cream sometimes".... Anyways, I DID NOT end up getting a blizzard, which was SUPER hard for me, as I LOOOOOVE blizzards
My advice to you is, DISTANT yourself. Good luck!
P.S. It's still too bloody hot here!

Last edited by luvja; 06-24-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:38 AM   #26  
This is not a test.

Jelbb- seriously just tell her where she can stick the beer if shes so fond of it. Or tell her you've joined a religion that doesnt allow drinking. Or just tell her where to stick it :P You know you want toooooooooooo

NOOOOOOO THE DAILY PLATE IS DOWN FOR MAINTENAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCE HOW WILL I SURVIVE *dies*

Last edited by Iconised Ghost; 06-24-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:07 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Oh Jelbb - THat totally sux. I had a frienemy like that. OF course she was all skinny and sh has never counted calories a day in her life so it was really annoying, And then we'd go shopping and she shopped in Express while I would have to go NY&Co. (Which I LOVE BTW) but that was not the point

Heather - WTG on your 5K. You are awesome!

Luvja- I did exactly what you did and distanced myself. It seemed to work.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:51 AM   #28  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Yeah, those frienenmies suck sometimes. Its either they don't understand that yes, a blizzard will effect you if you're over calories for the day or they secretly want to sabotage. I hate thinking its the latter, but ugh.

Heather - welcome back!! It is hard to stay motivated when the scale goes up, but you can do it! Congrats on the 5K!

And any exercise is good! Whether its walking the dog or *only* (sarcasm) 9 k - that's great!!!!

I apparently gained 0.4 lbs, like, is that even possible? I'm blaming it on drinking lots of water and slight constipation (sorry for the tmi). I'm waiting it out a bit and I'm going to weigh myself this morning to see if that's really what happened. I had a big lunch and had worked out 2 times in the 24 hours prior to weighing in, so that may have something to do with it. I measured myself this morning and I'd lost a half inch from my waist and my hips, so something's up! I'm going to be super good this week to prepare for 4th of July madness.

EDIT: Haha! Down to 204.4. I'll take it

Last edited by stellarosa27; 06-24-2009 at 10:46 AM.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #29  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Icon - 1550 isn't too bad, specially with the rest of the week ahead, you can cut back a lil to make up for those! Slumps do suck, but I have the rest of my life to work out, I'll take it one day at a time!

Cake - I've missed you too, I'm so glad you have been working your stuff girly, I'd be intimitadated by your runs too, but I noticed when there is someone running next to me, it pushes me harder than if someone is just jogging lightly or walking, I find myself not wanting to run as long. I do love working out, so I'm not too worried, at least I'm getting an education. I give mad props to everyone that does it alone, that's the hardest part for me! Oh yeah and I'm totally afraid of spinning because my butt bone, even riding my mtn. bike kills that, an hour of spinning would bruise it SOOO BAD!! BUT i'm going to do it, dang it! Oh yeah, weekends at the gym, I can, its just that he follows a schedule of muscles he lifts on each day, so I hate to lift on the same muscle one day a week, but thats DUMB he can change it for me dang it! haha, saturdays suck though, I have booty camp, so I always say I'll go afterwards too, but booty camp kicks my butt, its great!

Heather - I can't believe you are still not losing, that's just crazy. Has the dr. said anything about ketosis? Or what has she said at all? Maybe you could try getting your body to that and then doing what you are doing, I wish I knew more! Outstanding work on your 5k!!! You so can't stop though, your body is just getting used to you heading towards healthy again, I know that has to sound like a broken record it being June or something.

Jelb - Thanks for the encouragement!!! I know, I'm my own worst enemy. That STINKS about your frienemy!! I'm glad you said no, but she should know you should only have to say NO once!! Walking your dog is not only good for you, but good for the dog too, I have to remind myself to take poor pups out, he needs out of his realm or he feels trapped! It's even better that we get some exercise in doing so too! KUDOS! Paula Deen is crazy, she'll add 8 cups of powdered sugar and try to say it isn't as bad as real sugar, its funny!!! Her stuff does look good, but us being the healthy kittens we are, we'd only allow our selves a taste...think down home southern usa fried cooking, everything has flour, sugar, stickssssssss of butter, and gravy! hahaha, she's adorable though.

luvja - nice work standing your ground, the drive thru is even worse you dont have to get out of the car and let anyone see what you order, so easy to indulge in whatever you want, at least for me!! Blizzards are amazing, why does ice cream have to be so full of cholestrol!!!?!??!!???

stella - i'm in the same boat with the TMI, I hate when my body does that, but that's what happens to me when i splurge on a weekend and then eat nothing but fruits and veggies. That has to be it though! :-) Great idea being good this weekend, thats sounds like a fabulous plan, my friend is having a 4th of july party and makes jalapeno poppers that call my name, so I need to prepare too, thats the weekend before florida!!!

I'm ready to go home. So one of our Account Managers submitted a bug to me, and I had to submit to the engineers to take a look at, only I we change who handles what all the time blahblahblah, so I prepare this email with screenshots and all that jazz and send it to the last people that handled all this stuff, and immediately get a call from our Business manager, or whatever you call him, and he proceeds to tell me none of the people i sent it to handles that stuff, and that the issue was already known. I was so angry!! My job is to report bugs, and work with this team on top of a bunch of other crap, and i repeatedly ask for lists of who handles what. I HATE THAT, so i went and told my manager, and she sent a "friendly" email reminding them to include us on stuff. Small little rant, but after that I had to refrain from just leaving early and wasting time on stupid stuff!! I went to my first gym class yesterday, Step Plus Abs, and it was fun! I hated being at the gym til 5:30, but i sweat'd like crazy and my intensity could have been way higher but I'm sure its been 12 years since i've done any step aerobics! I felt dumb when i lost my footing and couldn't follow the routine, but whatev, everyone knew each other so they knew I dont normally go! The classes at my gym are way late, so I never get to catch any, I'm out of the gym before they even start, not with Summer School! I'm going to try Yoga tomorrow, I really want to take home some of that stuff and do at home instead of sitting lazily on the couch. I was going to go to Kickbox cardio tonight but not with my potty bloating feeling from TMI, i'd be like tooting and they'd kick me out!! hahaha

anyway ladies, love you all!
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:14 PM   #30  

Oh ladies it is a HOT one today. I really hate complaining, seeing as most of the year is cold in Canada, but honestly, HONESTLY, I hate this. It's like 35 degree's + humidity. And no A/C!!!!!! Oh Lord. I would rather be cold! I'd give anything right now to roll around in a pile of snow - LOL.

I haven't changed my ticker in a bit, Friday I will weigh in!

DanSinDeva - Yoga sounds fun!!!! Have a great time, and let us know how it goes

HELLO everyone else!