Old 06-14-2009, 09:55 AM   #31  
Actual hot librarian.

S/C/G: 189/150.0/149

Height: 5'7.5"

I've been on all sides of this....

When I was 17 and working at Kohl's, a woman asked me when I was due. I choose to think it was bc of my billowy dress. I just looked at her like I didn't understand, since I don't think she meant to be rude.

Then, when I was 19, I started to notice my best friend gaining weight in a pregnant-y way. But I knew she *couldn't* be pregnant, and she had recently been underweight, so I didn't say anything. Turns out she was much more pregnant than she looked, and not saying anything meant that I wasn't able to be there for her when she really needed me.

At work recently, a newly-married colleague began to gain weight in a very pregnant-y way. I didn't say anything for a long time. Finally, I said, I'm so sorry if I'm wrong, but are you? She said no, just gaining weight from stress. And she didn't have to say anything mean to make me feel bad!

So, if a person says anything like this to you, and doesn't say anything mean, I'd say assume it was an honest mistake and blame it on big clothes/lighting!!!
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyGuggenheim View Post
She's a DA serving her own subpoenas.
What does DA mean? I can't figure it out.
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #33  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by megwini View Post
What does DA mean? I can't figure it out.
I'm assuming District Attorney.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:50 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 226/158.2/137

Height: 5'6

I've been asked that before, and it was well into my weight loss journey! Grr. Anyways Ithink overall it is a horribly rude question. If someone were pregnant and wanted you to know they would share. Even if someone is pregnant it's just rude to ask either way.
nineoceansaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #35  

I've also had this happen to me and, since I was *not* pregnant, it was absolutely mortifying. I agree it's rude to ask either way. If someone IS preggo and wants to share their good news, they will. And if they don't feel the need for an explanation, that's okay too. Either way, it's really no one else's business and simply bad manners to ask such personal questions.
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #36  
*~Gamer Goddess~*

S/C/G: 236/Ticker/110

Height: 5'1

First of all I am in total disbelief that anyone could be so flippin' AIR HEADED!

I also feel pretty guilty because I can think of a million and one not-so-nice retorts that would come in handy. But that would make me just as bad as they are.

Last edited by StarryNights110; 06-15-2009 at 12:25 PM.
StarryNights110 is offline   Reply With Quote