Old 06-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #16  
Callie1983

S/C/G: 192/153/135

Height: 5ft6in

UGH! The "I thought I saw a little pooch" comment would have put me over the edge... I would NEVER ask someone if they were pregnant if I did not know it for a FACT... I've caught myselft wondering about a person on several occasions, but did NOT ask...
If I am ever stupid enough to make that mistake... the last thing I would say is "I thought I saw a little pooch." I dont know if I could say anything at that point! Knowing myself I would probably turn 10 different shades of red and apologize profusely.

Miss Piggy - I think you're doing great... I've been stuck in the mid-150's for a couple weeks; I can't wait to be where you are!

Don't let this discourage you... use it as motivation!
Callie1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #17  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Thank you all for your support! You guys have made me feel a whole lot better! Hopefully this will just motivate me too keep on working hard.
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:30 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 155.8/ticker/130

Height: 5 ft 6

I think people should never comment about someone being "pregnant" unless it's just REALLY obvious... like when you see a lady whos belly looks so out of proportion to the rest of her body that everyone in the world knows she is pregnant... But I really dont get why somebody would ASK a person if they're pregnant........... soooo socially inept!

Last edited by Kimmie1989; 06-10-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Kimmie1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #19  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Don't get upset! There's plenty of times while I'm work at I see women who are VERY thin with pooches and I wonder if they're pregnant. I think some women just naturally have a round pooch and we don't realize it. I just don't think I'd EVER assume that one of them are indeed pregnant.

Last edited by WormwoodDoll; 06-10-2009 at 09:08 PM.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 264.2/189/150

Height: 5'8"

And the dummy had the nerve to explain why she thought you were pregnant? UGHHHH!

Back when I was 16 years old and weighed 160 pounds (girl, I looked GOOD), some lady told me it wasn't right to smoke while I was pregnant (I smoked as a teen - tacky, I know). I was on break at Wendy's, and the shirts weren't too flattering, but WTH? I cried.

Last edited by cincimom11; 06-10-2009 at 09:32 PM.
cincimom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 221/200/145

Height: 5'7"

I had a lady ask me that when i was 17. I was in a size 10 jeans. Hello! TEN! and she asked if i was pregnant. I replied, "No I'm not pregnant! I'm FAT!"

That was the beginning of the end for me I think. Even in a size 10 jeans someone though I still looked fat.

Tell them to kiss your behind, keep your head held high and keep goin!

"I may be fat, but you're ugly and I can diet" Tell em that next time. Hehe.
sexybak96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:10 AM   #22  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

I got asked this 5 times in a year. The whole range:
"Are you pregnant?"
"When's your baby due?"
"How many more months?"

The first time I apologized to them, like it was my fault or something. By the last time, I was really quite rude about it. I mean you can only hear it so many times!

I told myself if I'm ever asked again to say "No, I'm just fat. Are YOU pregnant?" Maybe I won't have the guts but...

Anyways, it was a huge motivator to get in shape. I've lost 5 inches from my waist and haven't had such a comment in a long time.

But can I rant for a minute?

I blame celebrity gossip magazines. I read that baby/pregnancy covers are some of the best sellers and so it makes sense that each magazine wants to be the FIRST to get the pregnancy story. That means they are looking at pin-thin celebrities for the tiniest sign of waist-expansion.. or even a bad angle or flowing top. I feel like this hyper-sensitivity to women's bodies is making it normal to look at someone's not-flat stomach and think BABY.

I think naturally many women's bodies have that little pooch. Look at someone like Marilyn Monroe... she had the little stomach. Nobody assumed she was pregnant, though I'm sure if she had her picture taken today, everyone would be talking about who the father is... (of that burrito in her belly?).

And it's true, the fashion right now it kind of maternity style. I used to work with a girl at a group home and twice the group home clients asked her if she was pregnant. She probably weighed under 120 and was what I thought to be quite slim. It was 100% the style of shirt.

I'm just such a big proponent of mind-your-own-business!!! I've never been pregnant so I don't know if pregnant people WANT people who just come up to them and talk about their bellies but I know generally I don't care for strangers to walk up to me to talk about my physical appearance.

And to the comment: "Wow you must've really let yourself go!"

Not that you'll probably ever hear something like that again in your life time but something as simple as "That must be the rudest comment I've ever heard someone say in my whole life."

Ugh, I gotta stop. Sorry this is a really near-and-dear topic and I agree... terrifying. I'm totally preaching to the choir here.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:37 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'7"

I have the infamous upper belly roll, you know, the one that sadly sticks out further than my boobs. ugh...I'm hoping not for long. Either way, it seems to present a pregolike bulge.
I work with kids, and we know kids are BRUTALLY honest! I don't even think I can count on both hands how many times I've had a little one come up to hug me, rub their hands on my tummy and and very sweetly look up to me, continue rubbing and ask "You have a baby in there?". I mean seriously, they didn't mean any harm of course, but my feelings were definitely hurt.
Rather than taking offense of it, I should have gotten motivation from it.
Hang in there ladies...
angeleyes317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:00 AM   #24  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

If its any consolation I got asked that question too. I was really upset because I had just joined work and was trying to get along with everyone when some skini-mini pops that question out of nowhere, I hardly even knew her back then. sigh
Your doing great with all the weight loss so keep it up and dont let something like this get you down.
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #25  
Master Water Retainer

S/C/G: 205/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

She's a DA serving her own subpoenas. She has a thankless job that takes a tremendous amount of time and doesn't pay well, and apparently is doing her own grunt work. Clearly she needs ways to make herself feel better about her life, and she chose you to take it out on.

Don't take it personally.
RubyGuggenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #26  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Yikes! the nerve of some people.
Obviously she's not worth the energy we're all expending here, neither is her opinion. Don't let it get you down. Like others have said, let it motivate you. Sorry that happened though. I hate when people make thoughtless comments at me.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #27  

S/C/G: RS278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3

don't let her get you down!! congrats on your success

btw: i've worked with over 8 attorneys for 3 years..all are buttholes..it's like the last year of their juris doctorate degree is A-HOLE training.

RubyGuggenheim is right... a DA serving her own subpoena?...yeah I'd be a teeny weeny obnoxious if I had over 60k+ in school loans and have to do my own serving...they have process servers for that..lol
carlee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:03 AM   #28  

Height: 5'2

At 148lb she thinks you are prego, then she would probably think that I'm expecting twins...

As long as you see results that's all that matters...
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 190/178/130

Height: 5' 6"

I agree with everyone on here. That was rude. My 4 year old asked me if a baby was in my belly last night, all I could do was cry......but I have to say it just may have been the motivation I need!
oakfieldmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:14 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

that is awful! She should know that you never say things like that, even when someone is clearly eight months pregnant and otherwise a tiny thing. Heck, my ears are still burning form the tongue lashing I got when I was seven and asked the neighbor lady if she was pregnant. She was, but my mom let me have it so hard I will NEVER ask, comment, or in any way allude to a pregnancy again until I have been personally informed of it by the woman.
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote