Is this a bad idea?? Do any of you do this?? - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 04-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #16  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Thighs-I think that will be a great idean after i lose the weight to remember that i dont want to go back to being big again.. I didnt even think of doing the opposite then..
Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:52 PM   #17  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i dont keep pics i have jeans in my bedroom i want to wear again
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #18  
getting healthier!

S/C/G: 267/266/140's

Height: 5'7''

I have a bunch of pictures of my family and friends and I up on my fridge.. Most of them were taken a few years back but I loved how I looked then! I don't know how much I weighed back then.. but my goal is to get back to looking that again!
nik1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:24 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronte155 View Post
I think that's a great idea! I tried putting up pictures of celebrities once but it ended up being discouraging, because in the back of my mind I kept thinking, "It doesn't matter how much weight I lose, I will NEVER look like that!" But actual pictures of yourself at a point you've been at before and know you can get to again? That should be very inspiring!
I agree with this. I mean, no matter how much I lose, I will never look like Angelina Jolie. However, if I get to my target weight, I COULD actually look like me at my target weight, so I'd say putting up some pics of yourself could be healthy and helpful. I have pics of me around from when I was in high school and on the cross country team (which was not actually my lowest weight, but was probably best in terms of body composition).
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:29 AM   #20  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Great idea! I actually keep a photo of my 'bad' self on my blackberry so when I am heading for a snack or skipping the gym I look at it and I quickly change my mind (when I remember it's there). Check out my blog - I actually posted something about this yesterday - I am using myself as my motivation (a skinny pic) as opposed to some unrealistic airbrushed model!!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:50 AM   #21  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I'm really surprise that so many people do what Shan does. I do it too! I have weight loss tickers, pictures; you name it inconspicuously place throughout the house as reminders.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:23 AM   #22  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Ok so I started with putting my skinny pics up and then i realized that i didnt have that many..LOL so i blew a few up and then copied a few smaller ones off so i had them and i put them in the bathroom, by the mirror, fridge, freezer down stairs( that is where all the ice cream is) and then in our bedroom. It looks funny to see the pictures all blown up and around the house but it honestly does give me modivation to get my butt moving in the right direction..
Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:30 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

its a great idea! for awhile i had my fave size 9 jeans hanging on my wall with a note that read "get to the gym fat***"...i think u do whatever works for you-no matter what ur hubby thinks
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:45 PM   #24  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I think its a great idea. Seeing thinner pictures of myself is actually what made me jump back into this and realize I CAN do it.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:51 PM   #25  

Height: 5'11

I kept a pair of old jeans i wanted to fit into in my closet for motivation. I just recently put them on and they FIT. Now i just go thru all the goal/mini goal photos for the extra push i need.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I hung up my goal out fit in my closet. So I see it every day. It's been helping.

My bf did something similar with the picture idea for me. Last week we were surfing through some old photos on facebook and a picture of me from a few years ago when I was packbacking through central America came up. I had the biggest smile on my face and just looked so obviously happy. I've been going through a rough time lately. The next day my bf showed up with the picture in a frame and said I'm going to do everything I can to make you smile like that again. So the picture is there to help me focus on making myself better over all, not just weight wise, but mentally as well.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #27  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantroy View Post
The next day my bf showed up with the picture in a frame and said I'm going to do everything I can to make you smile like that again.
What a sweet boyfriend you are blessed with!
bananapancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:36 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananapancakes View Post
What a sweet boyfriend you are blessed with!
He's pretty awesome, but don't let him know that I told you that!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote