Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #571  
Awesome

S/C/G: 250.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Lost 1 pound at my weigh in yesterday.. gained back about half of that because of Father's Day treats... but I will lose it today or tomorrow, so it's all good!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #572  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm down to 153.0 today! God, it feels so good to see the scale actually moving!!!

(Not changing ticker, because I still don't believe my eyes yet, lol.)

Last edited by Jelbb; 06-22-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #573  
Saving Myself

S/C/G: 199.6/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I'm at 181.0, lost .2. Almost at 20 lbs lost and almost in the 170s! YAY. I'm happy because I achieved a mini goal.

GO, MEREDITH!!!

Last edited by Angel's_Dust; 06-22-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #574  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

ugh. Had a wonderful on-plan week last week and then did okay on friday, planning in enough calories for a cookout that night where I had a cheeseburger and some tatertots. On saturday, I did all right all day until we were down in Atlanta that evening and decided to go to a Mexican restaurant where I had loads of chips, cheese, quesadilla. Saturday night I drank beer and yesterday I was hungry all day, leading to a taco bell incident around dinner time and LOTS of peanut butter.
So over the weekend, I gained it ALL back, all the 7 or so lbs I lost last week. Sliding in at 194. Again.
I'm not changing my ticker because I don't believe it's real weight. I'm on plan today and going to the gym before math class tonight. Hopefully I'll see a similarly dramatic swing downwards?
Has anyone else had this problem when starting out? The last couple of times I've fallen of the wagon it's been due to these extreme swings in my weight, 3 or 4 lbs in a day gain, then lose it all the next day, or vice versa, so that I never know WHAT I actually weigh. Then I'll stop weighing every day because the swings are making me insane and slowly but surely i'll just start eating junk again. When does it stop and what causes it??
Old 06-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #575  
Queen Yo-yo

Munchie:
Don't stress honey! And don't let the small setbacks destroy your motivation!
Chances are you'll lose a lot of that quickly again by being healthy. Junk like cheeseburgers, tatertots, and TACO BELL ESPECIALLY... are full of sodium, which is probably making you bloat up like mad.

Having said that, with the big ups and downs... do you weigh yourself at the same time, every day? A litre of water weighs 2 lbs, food varies in weight... if you drink a bunch of water/liquid, have lunch, then weigh yourself before the food is uh... expelled... you still have all that weight sitting in your stomach, and it'll drastically up the number on the scale, sometimes by several pounds (for me at least).

I weigh myself every morning about 20 minutes after I get up, after I've gone to the bathroom, and before I've eaten breakfast. Try it. See if the numbers are a little more consistent.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #576  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Jelbb--you're totally right about the high sodium foods, I know. I'm hoping that it is water weight (I mean, seriously, I know I did not lose and gain 7 lbs of fat in a week) and I'm also hoping that it will GO AWAY! haha.
I weigh myself in the morning right after I get up, but today I weighed after lunch. I'll weigh in the morning tomorrow and check back here to record whether it's gone again or sticking with me. :/
also, I looked up those lululemon pants you were talking about in another thread--they look AWESOME! but very expensive.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #577  
Queen Yo-yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchievictim View Post
also, I looked up those lululemon pants you were talking about in another thread--they look AWESOME! but very expensive.
Oh, they're pricey. But totally amazing, and they last a long time. I love them, lol.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #578  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I WAS going to weigh in today, but when I woke up I was VISIBLY retaining water. I wear a ring that is usually pretty loose (spins easily, falls off if I shake my hand hard enough) and I couldn't get it to budge. So...lots of water for me, and I'll try again in a couple of days.

I don't really want to see a 6-pound gain on the scale!
Old 06-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #579  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Thank you, Angel's Dust! And lookit you, knocking on the door of the 170s! Good luck getting there soon, girly!

munchievictim - Definitely sounds like a case of sodium water retention to me!! Think about it--to gain 7 lbs of fat, you would've had to eat 24,500 extra calories! Now, even though you had some indulgences, I doubt that it added up to that much... Try guzzling some water and see what happens in the next couple days, heh. Feel better!

Jelbb - LOL, I almost always change my ticker, even if I highly suspect it'll be bouncing back up the next day... I wouldn't blame you one bit if you changed it, just to get the rush of seeing that different number. And either way, I can definitely relate to how much fun it is when you're losing again after a stint off-plan. Makes ya wonder why you ever gave it up, right? Hehe.

I was very pleased to see 146.6 lbs on the scale today--lost that booze weight and then some (just a little, but still!) Yay! I think I'm going to stop weighing daily soon, though... Pretty soon I'll be bouncing around a lot as I reach my maintenance weight (whatever that may be! ) and I feel like it might be better just to check in every once in a while than keep obsessing about it. I don't *have* to be losing anymore, so I need to get more accustomed to not flipping out over every stinkin' gain, heh. What do you ladies think?
Old 06-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #580  
Queen Yo-yo

Mer:
Your ticker should TOTALLY read 146.6 and not 150! What're you doin'!? Change it!

I agree about weighing yourself every day. I'd cut that out once you reach your maintenance weight. What it comes right down to is that your weight WILL fluctuate up and down around your maintenance weight, and you just have to know that until you start going up 5+ lbs or more, it's not worth worrying about. You look FABULOUS, I'm sure you FEEL fabulous, and you don't need to worry about the tiny weight fluctuations that we obsess over when we're on our weight loss journeys.

Also, I SOOO want to change my ticker, but I hate the feeling of putting my ticker back up again when I've gained a little!
...but you know what? Screw it, I'm gonna anyhow. Like I've just been saying, the little fluctuations mean nothing! If I've gotta put it back up tomorrow, I will!
Old 06-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #581  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

I guess my thinking is the opposite... I weigh bi-monthly now while I'm LOSING, so as not to get frustrated by little increases and just see the overall change, but when I get to maintenance I plan on weighing daily, every morning, getting used to the fluctuations and seeing exactly what I need to do to maintain that weight. If I start seeing that the trend is inching upward slowly, I'll know I'm eating too much and/or not exercising enough. But to see that overall trend I need to be weighing daily. Only now while I am losing do I want to weigh but twice a month.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:48 PM   #582  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Jelbb - Lol, well, technically I did have 147 lbs on my ticker, but since 150 lbs was my original "goal," the ticker didn't extend past that... It said "3 lbs past your goal!" at the bottom, but didn't have the actual number. But I didn't want to extend the "goal" weight just so my new weight would be shown, since I haven't actually changed my goal (I still might, but haven't decided yet). But I just discovered that the tickers from Ticker Factory DO show your current weight, so I made one of those! It's not quite as stylish as my 3FC ticker, but I guess it gets the job done, heh.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #583  
Queen Yo-yo

Mer: Woo! 147, way to be awesome, lady.

Ahhh, back up to 153.6 today! But let's be honest, I had a sodium binge-fest yesterday, even tho my calories were low, so let's hope that's all it was. I'll keep you posted. Either way, my measurements were just... ever-so-slightly infinitesimally smaller, which is comforting. Instead of pulling the measuring tape a bit too tight to see 31.5, I comfortably saw 31.4. Small victories!
Old 06-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #584  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

197 this morning. But I have no fear ladies...It's TOM. I weighed myself last night like I always do and I'd normally see 198, but it was 201 and I didn't have much sodium. I was suspicious. When I woke up this morning...there he was in his glory. He's two days earlier then expected but that would explain my sudden gain. Damn you, TOM! But hopefully when he's gone I'll see a good lose this week if I'm good (which I plan to be )

Jelbb, I hate sodium. I am very sensitive to it. I can tell when I've had a bit too much - my fingers swell and my engagement ring gets so tight. Oh, and the evil scale goes up 5lbs.

AND MEREDITH, where are the goal pictures woman?! I want some inspiration!

Last edited by WormwoodDoll; 06-23-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #585  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

Yes, agreed! I remember you saying you'd post them sometime this weekend.........
Closed Thread