Old 02-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Default Hi my name is Heather and I'm a scale addict

There should be a support group for people that have an addiction to the scale! I have a personal trainer and she has told me that she will weigh me in once a week and I need to hide my scale.

I've been without it for 2 days and I'm going crazy. The scale is rarely nice to me anyways, but I need it!

I don't know why, I just do! lol

Does anyone else have this problem? What do you do to over come it?

Right now, I'm just focusing on the fact that I'm so sore, and that's a reminder for now that I'm doing something right....
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #2  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Hi Heather! I'm Ashleigh and I weigh myself multiple times a day out of morbid curiousity. I always want to be a weekly weigher, and maybe once I start maintaining I can ease into it, but right now, daily weighing is the only thing that really keeps my head on straight.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

*raises hand* here too. I've been able to stop weighing multiple times a day, but sometimes weighing in is what actually gets me out of bed rather than pressing the snooze button one more time.

when I don't weigh every day, it means i'm doing something that may reflect badly on it. So as long as i get on it every day it reminds me to be good.

I've come to accept it ... for now.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #4  
I will do this.

I threw away my scale. Do it.

It took me at least 2 weeks to get it around my head but it was totally worth it. Now the only thing i go off of it the feel of my pants and my trainers measuring tape.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

GUILTY

I weigh myself atleast once a day. Just to sort of see where I stand.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #6  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

Height: 5'7"

i used to weigh myself multiple times a day. sad i know. then i cut down to once a day. now i'm down to once a week. i got rid of the scale. and only weigh once a week at my bf's place. it's gotten easier over time. but still there's times when i just want to weigh right then and there, and i cant.
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #7  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

I weigh myself every day, but I only write it down on my little chart on Sunday mornings when i weigh naked and hungry. It's in my bathroom downstairs, so I step on it just about every time I pee. I only count the Sunday one though.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 147/142/125

Height: 5'3

Ok I admit it too, I weigh myself every morning!

I am going to try and do it once a week! We will see how long that last..lol
butterflywings34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi my name is Ashlan and I am a 8 month recovering scale addict. I still get tempted but since it is out of sight it is out of mind. How did I get over it>>>>i gave one away (yes I had two) and the other I had my BF hide it. When I finally found the battery was dead!! HA
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

I'm so glad I'm not alone! lol

I had to take my scale out of my bathroom b/c I would weight everytime I was in there!

It's almost like I can deal with the disappointment daily of the scale not moving, but if I only weigh weekly and it doesn't move I feel more like a failure!

Cake- 8 months! You're my hero!

Last edited by Here we go again; 02-06-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I used to for about a week in the very beginning but I put my scale in a really inconvienent place and I make myself put it away everytime. Honestly its mental torture because you feel guilty over natural things like water weight and body fluctuations that occur regularly. You all know that- and I know you do it because you get on here and say "I gained 5 pounds today but I know its just water weight but it makes me mad." I get mad once a week about water weight if thats whats going on and don't worry about it again until Wednesday when I weigh in again. Stress is not good for weightloss, especially stress over your weight and the daily eb and flow of your weight gives you highs and lows that you can nearly avoid. Which most of the time directly effects your mood towards eating and working out that day. Do you get on the scale and say.. "I weigh more now than this morning because I just ate." or " just drank a big glass of water so thats why its up 2 pounds." if you know you are going to weigh more than you did in the morning then whats the point of getting on the scale. You know it happens and guess what... it happens. I think its all unneccessary, but to each his own. I just think there's a reason why every health professional says to only weigh yourself once a week, some even say every other.

Last edited by kelli32; 02-06-2009 at 12:42 PM.
kelli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #12  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

LOL, Ok, I confess, I too am a scale addict. Sometimes I will get on it numerous times and even put it on different places on the floor to see if it changes! Crap, it's like I think it is going to drop 10lbs. or something! I need help. Maybe I should get rid of mine too, and just weigh at the grocery store once a week.

Sandy

blog - www.mygritsconfessions.com
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #13  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

I used to only weigh myself once a week now I basically weigh myself every morning. Kind of lets me know when I mess up what effects certaint hings have!
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

I weigh myself every day too. I dont get discouraged when I see the numbers go up and down...just because I know it is to be expected... and 3FC has helped with that because we talk about fluctuation all the time.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelli32 View Post
I used to for about a week in the very beginning but I put my scale in a really inconvienent place and I make myself put it away everytime. Honestly its mental torture because you feel guilty over natural things like water weight and body fluctuations that occur regularly. You all know that- and I know you do it because you get on here and say "I gained 5 pounds today but I know its just water weight but it makes me mad." I get mad once a week about water weight if thats whats going on and don't worry about it again until Wednesday when I weigh in again. Stress is not good for weightloss, especially stress over your weight and the daily eb and flow of your weight gives you highs and lows that you can nearly avoid. Which most of the time directly effects your mood towards eating and working out that day. Do you get on the scale and say.. "I weigh more now than this morning because I just ate." or " just drank a big glass of water so thats why its up 2 pounds." if you know you are going to weigh more than you did in the morning then whats the point of getting on the scale. You know it happens and guess what... it happens. I think its all unneccessary, but to each his own. I just think there's a reason why every health professional says to only weigh yourself once a week, some even say every other.
That's what I was going to say.

If anyone on here can honestly, truly say that when they see the number on the scale go up they don't feel at least a tiny bit of sadness or anger, then weighing everyday is fine. For others I think it's kind of dangerous to be obsessed with it because of how it affects your mood.

Just my two cents.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote