Old 01-26-2009, 10:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 188/173.7/170

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Another way to say "diet"...

Hi everyone! I've been lurking on this forum for a while, and wanted to ask you guys what you think of the word "diet". For me, it brings back memories of high school and being hungry a lot of the time! I was reading on another thread somewhere that only a few people told their friends and families that they were on a "diet" - some said they were trying to just be more healthy, or were changing their lifestyle, or didn't mention it at all!

Do you use the word "diet" in front of other people, or to yourself? How do you explain it, or do you at all?

For me personally, I find that people react strangely to the word, and I avoid it. If anyone asks why I'm eating differently, I either say I'm trying to be more healthy, or that I can't afford prepackaged/restaurant/fancy food because I'm a poor student

Nice to meet you all!
Hummus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #2  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

I just say "I'm on a diet, well, not a diet, more like a lifestyle change for the healthier" Then it implies I'm losing weight to be healthy, and doing it in a healthy way.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:25 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I like "I'm making changes to be healthier". That's pretty much how I always referred to it...making changes to be a healthier person.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:27 PM   #4  

I just say that I'm watching what I eat...or that I'm trying to get healthier. I HATE the word diet! It's so intimidating, and it always reminds me of those "miracle" fads that come and go yet never work.

DOWN WITH DIETS!
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 135/132.5/125

Height: 5ft4in

I don't explain myself. I let my actions (eating healthy, working out, being positive, researching new ways to change my life) speak for me.
Kataclismic is offline   Reply With Quote