3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   ***Weekly Chat Jan 5-11*** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/160388-%2A%2A%2Aweekly-chat-jan-5-11%2A%2A%2A.html)

Here we go again 01-05-2009 10:08 AM

***Weekly Chat Jan 5-11***

Good morning ladies!

I guess I will start the weekly chat!

I can't believe it's Monday! I didn't want to get up this morning. I feel so tired and I was up a pound today. But I will not let it get me down and I will make today a good day. My one friend at work has been off for 3 weeks and he comes back tomorrow, I'm so excited! And my boss and his son will be out of the office starting tomorrow for the rest of the week. This week will be a good week!!!

caligirl98 01-05-2009 10:25 AM

OMG!!!! Food is the enemy, I tell you. I'm up like 15 (or more, I stopped looking) pounds right now. I pulled on my jeans this morning and had trouble buttoning them up! I'm laughing, cause I know I just let loose these last two weeks, especially after I accepted that I wasn't about to get into those black jeans. I was like, screw it, where is the bread? And though I ate a ton, the first week of my vacation, I was working my butt off, 2 plus miles a day and tae bo so that I could break even. But last week, I was already dreading going back to work, so I was lazing around the house eating, reading and watching movies.

And right now, I am fighting the urge to just go back home. Being out for nearly 2 weeks...goodness, every damn thing is waiting for me right now, clients and orders and shipping mishaps. BLAH! I don't want to be here.

And I'm sick, so I sound like crap.

So the holidays are over, and I've pretty much eaten every bad thing in my house, or at least put it in the freezer so that I can't just eat it when ever I want, but jeez, now I have to get back into my workout groove and get used to 1600 cals a day again….brief rundown of my indulgences include, smoked turkey, dressing, cheese potatoes, King Hawaiian rolls, cheese cake, massive brunches, nachos, cookies, and soooooooo much soda.

Holy sheet!!! I can't believe I let myself go like that. Oh, well, let me wave down this wagon so I can get back on it.

shantroy 01-05-2009 11:07 AM

I've been away for a while, but I'm back! I've missed it around here! I ate waaaaay to much over the holidays. I never ever want to see a M&M's meat shop Oriental party pack again in my life. I have felt to sluggish and gross for the last few weeks that it's not even funny.

I got a roommate over the holidays, (she's super nice and I really like her, but I'm not totally sold on sharing my space. I've been living on my own for almost 2 years.) and she wants to get back into shape as well. So we both got up at 5:30 this morning she went to yoga and I hit the gym. Week one of C25k. It was a good way to start my first day back at work in a couple of weeks.

It's been a while since I've been to the gym and they've got all this crazy new equipment. I was afraid to touch the d@mn treadmill for fear I'd blow myself up! You can plug your ipod into the treadmill and control it from the treadmill it's self. You can also upload your work summary to a USB key so you can keep track of it on your computer.

Heather - Sounds like it will be a pretty good week.

Cali - I hear ya on the pants thing. I put on my "fat" work pants this morning and I had a pretty nasty muffin top goin' on. Eeek! Hopefully I'll be down some weight soon!

I'm back to using fit day and have planned out my menus for the next couple of days. Hopefully, I'll be back into the swing of everything soon.

Hope everyone had good holidays. It's good to be back!

Bee20nine 01-05-2009 11:38 AM

I just got back from the gym, and trying to figure out what is for lunch. I am hoping my job prospect calls me today for a final interview and I have to go my "daycare" today and work.

NishKitten 01-05-2009 12:23 PM

Welp, DH isn't to happy with me. My good friend deployed and left his motorcycle with us, so guess what Nisha has been tooling around on? HAHA!

DH is of the opinion that motorcycles are dangerous (not for anyone else apparently, just me) and got all snickety when I came back from a nice 6a.m. ride to see the sun come up, and to go really fast before people got on the road.

Impromptu trip to Vegas to see the in-laws was fun considering it was Vegas. Anyplace that endorses severely overpriced liquor and magicians is not on my good list, although I did get mistaken for someone famous. I also went to a pole dancing class with DH's sister and more hilarity ensued. That is a dangerous profession. I have a very profound respect for strippers now. Anyone who can expertly twirl themselves around in 12" lucite heels and a bikini and not end up stabbed, with friction burns on their hoohoo, or with a broken neck is my hero. :lol:

caligirl98 01-05-2009 12:36 PM

Heres a surprise...I feel fat today. UGH!

Nish: I have TONS of respect for strippers...I even think that If I was 100 pounds lighter and wasn't shy, I might entertain thoughs of being a stripper.

bjeweled 01-05-2009 12:39 PM

hwga - back to the swing of things! at least you know your week should be cool once tomorrow gets here. dont worry about that pound its prob from all that working out just stick to your water and your diet and it will come down.

cali - the wagon is always ready for us to jump back on. we have some space for you right in front lol

nish - you are hee-larious! it seems like you and your husband like to annoy each other lol but in a good way. i take a strippercise toning class every week and it is soo much fun but i realize how little rhythm i have ah well!

i gotta go take a drug test and acquire some books for classes. last semester begins wednesday i am soooo ready to graduate. i'll check in later

Here we go again 01-05-2009 12:40 PM

Nish- you're so funny! I guess I've never looked at pole dancing quite like that. Why he is so upset about the bike? I think it would be fun! I'm sure you know what you're doing.

Shan- I've missed you girl!

Cali- I miss you while you were on vacay! Just push delete and keep going! I know what you mean about being busy at work. I was only gone 10 days but it's a bit overwhelming to come back to a mess. I feel like my desk was the "I don't know what to do with this so let's just put it on Heather's desk." How annoying! Most of the things on my desk are not even suppose to go to me....

Bee- When are they suppose to call you?

Bjeweled- I hope it was all the working out. Stripercise class? Do tell!

As for me, my car broke down NYE on my way to a party. I got there and my boss and his wife were at the same party. Which was really a blessing! So they said I can borrow their mini van. So I'm rocking the mini van yet again. Another person at the party hooked me up with their mechanic who doesn't even work on American cars, so it's at the shop, they called in a favor for me. They are going to be looking at it today. I'm so sick of car problems. I've only had this car since May and it's a 2002. I'm so annoyed! the good thing is that my boss said I can use the van as long as I need. I hope it's not too expensive. I can't afford it right now!

Bee20nine 01-05-2009 01:20 PM

HGWA, Disgruntled: They normally would have called by now, however the guy I talked to friday said that the person that is supposed to be interviewing me is trying to fill like 8 other positions besides mine so it might be tomorrow before I hear. I am trying to be in good spirits about the multiple interviews this is supposedly the last one.

HeatherMcG 01-05-2009 01:28 PM

GOOD MORNING 3FC!!!!

Howdy girls. Today is a wonderful day! I am now OFFICIALLY under 250 lbs. WOOT, WOOT! *Hold on for a sec while I do my happy dance. :dance:* I don't have much planned for today but to enjoy my last day of vaca with the hubs and make a run to the grocery for some more eggs, turkey bacon & peanuts!

It is back to work tomorrow. Have a great day!

diary 01-05-2009 01:42 PM

Hey there Guys!

This is my first time on here. My name is Sarah and I have some weight to lose - my sis joined on here yest too -we are both working hard to get the weight off this year. Nice to meet you all! I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

caligirl98 01-05-2009 01:53 PM

HWGA: yep, that's what they did here. I come in this morning and I have forwarded messages and e-mails that say, "Take care of this. Thanks!" and it's from like a week and a half ago when they knew I was gone. So 9am comes rolling around and folks are calling me complaining because they called last week and haven't heard anything back. That's so annoying.

Diary: Welcome!

UGH! I want to go home!

Taylor86 01-05-2009 02:03 PM

Hey girlies! I don't have time to do personals -- but I will get to them today.

I got a crock pot for xmas and was sent awesome meal ideas from LizzieBee and tried one this morning. Chicken with artichoke hearts, mushrooms, some white wine...etc. So far my apartment smells AMAZING and I am super excited to try it!

ALSO - I FINALLY got to the gym again today. The boy went with me and I did 20 minutes on the bike, 10 minutes on the elliptical and 5 minutes of stretches. That's not quite were I was a month ago - but it is an excellent start to the year and the new me.

Anyway - I gotta take my car in to the shop (someone back into it in my apartments parking lot :-( ) but I will be back on today and do personals.

eastcoastgirl 01-05-2009 02:16 PM

Howdy chicks!

I'm back after a looooong time away, where I really succumbed to stress and an abundance of free, unhealthy food at work and school. I've gone beyond my scary weight, and even beyond what I consider my starting/high weight, all the way to my high school super scary high. I did run a half-marathon in the interim, but as I had heard but refused to believe while I was doing that, training for a long distance race is more likely to make you gain than lose. Training makes you so hungry all the time! So, I've got a longer way to go than before, but I'm feeling ready to conquer.

Or, at least, to kick my sister's *** - we're competing to see who can lose the most weight (through safe and reasonable means, of course) before Valentine's Day. She is a fitness super star and younger than me, so I'm bringing my A game. It's all about the glory. The funny thing is, this competition has enabled me to talk more openly about wanting to lose weight - because I can talk about wanting to win as opposed to talking about not feeling good about my body. It's really kind of liberating.

Anyway, Happy New Year all, and I am glad to be back. Sounds like everyone is getting back in the swing of things after the difficult holiday season of eating and drinking. Heather, congrats on your big loss!!

hiimnatalie 01-05-2009 02:16 PM

Nish: I agree about exotic dancers, I tried a pole dancing class once, and holy upper arm strength! I have total respect for any one that can clime a pole , and still look hot( I'll just say, I did not when I tried it!:) )

Today is first day of winter term at school, and we have our first snow day of the year! So school starts for me on Wesday then.
Today was my weigh in today, and I only lost 0.4 lbs this week, but its TOM, so I know its all water weight , because, I have been so good this year! I am going to be a hotty in 2009. ( OK, I'm done my personal pep talk!)

LizzieBee 01-05-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taylor86 (Post 2529374)
Hey girlies! I don't have time to do personals -- but I will get to them today.

I got a crock pot for xmas and was sent awesome meal ideas from LizzieBee and tried one this morning. Chicken with artichoke hearts, mushrooms, some white wine...etc. So far my apartment smells AMAZING and I am super excited to try it!

Yeah! I'm glad you could use it! Isn't the list of recipes amazing!! Please let us know how it turns out!!!

LizzieBee 01-05-2009 02:39 PM

So today is the day to get back into the swing of things. My daughter started a new daycare, I am back at work after 2 1/2 weeks off, and am ready to get into a new healthy routine for the new year!!! I'm so excited. Today, my plan is to leave work at 4 pm, go pick up my daughter and then we're off to the gym!! Hopefully, I can do this 4 out of 5 days during the work week!! I'm so excited! I hope you all have a great week!

garstar 01-05-2009 02:50 PM

Good afternoon ladies! I woke up at noon today... eek! Much needed over sleeping after a few nights of not so good sleeping!

eastcoast I wish I had that ability to talk openly about loosing weight, ESPECIALLY with my sister! She get's mad at me about it, I can't even talk to her. She's a bit over weight, so I think that that may be the issue... she dosne't want to see me succeed.

Taylor I read CRACK pot. And I was like... um.... drugs? Then I re-read crock pot, haha. Have fun with that!

Lizzie Does your gym have a daycare? If so that's SOOOOO awesome! Good luck getting back into the work routine. I always find that when I start new routines, it's helpful because I have more things to structure my day and meals around.

So I have decided

LET'S LOOK FINE IN 2009!

LizzieBee 01-05-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garstar (Post 2529512)
Lizzie Does your gym have a daycare? If so that's SOOOOO awesome! Good luck getting back into the work routine. I always find that when I start new routines, it's helpful because I have more things to structure my day and meals around.

Yes! My gym does have a daycare that I can finally use!! Babies have to be at least 6 months to use it and DD will be 7 months next week. So finally, this extra pregnancy weight that I put on will be coming off!!

ailosumner 01-05-2009 03:39 PM

Hello everyone I just happened accross this site today and decided to join. This seems like a great place with lots of great help.

Here we go again 01-05-2009 04:02 PM

Welcome ail!

I'm so frustrated! I just got the call about my car. It's going to be $320 and that's just to get it running to see what else is wrong with it! I have $318 in the bank right now. I'm not happy and he thinks there is an exhaust leak too, which min is $125. I'm praying that it doesn't cost that much. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I don't get paid until the 16th.

Chele615 01-05-2009 04:40 PM

HWGA....that stinks about the car. Hopefully, it won't end up being as costly as they're predicting.

Well, it was back to work today after a wonderful long break and it wasn't that bad I guess. I mean, it could have definitely been a better day, but it wasn't too bad. I think the kids were all still half asleep throughout the majority of the day, so that could have had something to do with it too.

We had a brief bout of freezing rain last night into this morning and, although the roads were slick, there weren't any delays or anything announced. So, I leave for school at the same normal time and wasn't really paying attention. When it's slippery, I usually go the other direction out of my driveway because I live at the bottom of a big hill on one side of me. Anyway, without even thinking, I tried to go up my hill. My tires started spinning right near the very top of the hill and I couldn't go any further. So, I had to put my car in reverse down the hill again and managed to slide down and SIDEWAYS and hit my trash barrels. Good times ;)

Thankfully there was nothing wrong with the car though. I was worried that there was going to be a dent or something there.

jahjah1223 01-05-2009 04:42 PM

chele we are having the SAME weather!

I hope i can do the 30DS today without passin out lol

mojolove05 01-05-2009 05:07 PM

Today has been a decent day. I called in sick bc I have been sick since Sat. Luckily, I was able to get some stuff done today as well as get some rest in. I always hate going back to work the day after I call in. On a good note, I am down 5 lbs. from last week. Woohoo. Still have 7 lbs to lose to get back to where I was before the holidays started but I am on the right track.

I just wanted to check in real quick. I'm currently watchin Oprah. It's about weight today. Hope everyone has had a good and on plan day!!

garstar 01-05-2009 05:16 PM

omg mojo i was watching oprah at the gym! It was during the end of my work out so I only watched like 10 min of it (I don't have tv at my house boo) and I started crying a little bit when she was talking about how she has everything, money fame success, but the fat won. It was so sad :( I immediatly wanted to come here and tell everyone how proud we should be of ourselves for not letting an unhealthy life style win.

You guys - we are so strong, we are changing out lives - don't ever forget it!

kelli32 01-05-2009 08:42 PM

My first day was today.. a whole day of orientation and we still have 6 more hours of it! I'll be training for the next two weeks and then I move in with my team of about 30. Luckily one of the managers that interviewed me is on my team so I know someone already. I didn't see any hot guys today which was depressing. I can't decide if I've become too picky or I'm just not interested in looking at anyone right now. That'll have to change since bf and I mutually decided to break it off when he moves to Colorado. Otherwise I'll be single forever, lol.

jahjah1223 01-05-2009 08:53 PM

I feel really bad for Oprah.. I just don't see her having the time to work out lol

bjeweled 01-05-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here we go again (Post 2529151)
Bjeweled- I hope it was all the working out. Stripercise class? Do tell!

i just left there! she works the **** out of your entire body! a lot of popping grinding and girating but a truly great workout. the trainer is from canada and was a stripper a loooong time ago but is now a trainer. she is 40 something and has a body of a 20 year old. its a lot of fun and the music is great. i have even learned to whip my hair all sexy like lmao!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bee20nine (Post 2528936)
I just got back from the gym, and trying to figure out what is for lunch. I am hoping my job prospect calls me today for a final interview and I have to go my "daycare" today and work.

omg they better hire you after all of this. i feel like if they dont they are wasting all HR dollars. this is a recession!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherMcG (Post 2529255)
Howdy girls. Today is a wonderful day! I am now OFFICIALLY under 250 lbs. WOOT, WOOT! *Hold on for a sec while I do my happy dance. :dance:*

HEYYYY! :woohoo: get it girl! congrats on moving on downnnn!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelli32 (Post 2530352)
My first day was today.. a whole day of orientation and we still have 6 more hours of it! I'll be training for the next two weeks and then I move in with my team of about 30. Luckily one of the managers that interviewed me is on my team so I know someone already. I didn't see any hot guys today which was depressing. I can't decide if I've become too picky or I'm just not interested in looking at anyone right now. That'll have to change since bf and I mutually decided to break it off when he moves to Colorado. Otherwise I'll be single forever, lol.

men suck dogs are better. no really you'll find someone new when u least expect it. i am glad that the break up is mutual.

so today is not a great day. i wont even get into all the reasons why but i refuse to screw it up by eating badly. i am making that choice. keep me in your thoughts i am trying to get a student loan to pay for my last semester and the credit crunch is killing me softly. even with my mom and her perfect credit as a cosigner.
nsv: i was starving today and had to get some food while i was out and about. i had a personal pan pizza from target i ate half cause i was starving and threw the other half in the trash.:D
off to eat a healthy dinner *sighs*

Bee20nine 01-05-2009 10:03 PM

NSV: I can wear Old Navy! I wear a XXL there but that is not the point I can wear it!!!! I bought like 8 new shirts last week for $50.

I got to have a wonderful weekend with my bf, we played Wii pretty much 90% of the time. We went out to dinner saturday night and I had the best fillet minion and lobster tail. I had 2 margaritas and a mudslide and was buzzing pretty good when I left, dang those ritas' were good though. I didn't realize I was buzzed before I drank too much. I guess I have a 2 drink limit, LOL I am like the cheapest drunk ever.

So "my" children today at work was not so bad, but it is definitely going to take a few days to get back into their school routines. I am going to miss them if I get this job they love me, I love them, and they are soooo cute. I have to grow up sometime I guess :(

I also sold 3 of my textbooks online this past week so I am really excited about not having to store them at my house anymore. I feel like I am back on plan again and eating the way I should. I am hungry constantly again...... I had honey nut cherrios and FF milk for breakfast, turkey (w extra turkey) sandwich and popcorn for lunch, and salad with some kind of chicken stir fry stuff on top, 1/2 cup of sazon rice because I was hungry about an hour after dinner. Then I had another bowl of cereal for snack at about 9pm. Yet, I sit here as I type hungry AGAIN, wtf mate.

mojolove05 01-05-2009 10:43 PM

Anyone watching Diet Tribe on Lifetime?

HeatherMcG 01-05-2009 10:54 PM

Anybody watching Rock of Love: Bus this season? I know, I know. It is dumb and sometimes raunchy. But, I find it oh so entertaining!

Bee20nine 01-05-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherMcG (Post 2530715)
Anybody watching Rock of Love: Bus this season? I know, I know. It is dumb and sometimes raunchy. But, I find it oh so entertaining!

Rock of love is like watching a train wreck and you cant turn your head. I don't like reality TV much but I can sit watch VH1 reality tv all fudgin day I just feel sucked into the vacuum of mindlessness LOL.

leighish 01-05-2009 11:12 PM

New TBL starts tomorrow night!!! I'm so glad I won't have to watch Icky Vicky anymore!!

hiimnatalie 01-06-2009 01:25 AM

I'm debating at how much I really need my uterus. I have been having the worst cramps all day. I have no motivation to work out and all i want to do is curl up and cocoon in bed for the next three days. this being a girl thing is way to much work some times.

Iconised Ghost 01-06-2009 02:50 AM

I CANT STOP EATING!!!

Really. Its scary

mojolove05 01-06-2009 08:40 AM

For anyone who didn't, I would suggest watching Diet Tribe. I didn't want to at first bc they all tend to be the same. But last night, I was bawling while watching it. Stacy Kaiser (from Celebrity Fit Club) is on there doing their counseling and it just really made me think. Watching that and Oprah yesterday just really had me thinking "Why do I want to lose this weight?". Bob Greene (Oprah's trainer) said if you answer that with "becuase I want to be thin" then there is something more there and you have to dig down and get to it. I honestly haven't found my true reason that is hidden. I really hope we can all stick to this and get to where we want to be, health and size wise. We are all strong women.

Don't mean to be emotional about all of this but those shows just really made me think. :)

Chele615 01-06-2009 09:12 AM

I really want to see this...but it's on too late for me! haha I am usually in bed asleep before 10 every night because I get up early for work, but I figured I would look on the website to see if they have the episodes up...or check my "on demand" on the tv.

Here we go again 01-06-2009 11:01 AM

Good morning ladies.... So today feels weird. My face is still red, not sure why. hmmmm..... So the production manager is back after being gone for 3 weeks. It's good to see him. He told me I was looking really good. :) He asked what my family said about my new look. I told him. I thought it was sweet that he thought to ask that. Here I am acting like a little school girl. lol We talked a while this morning but just catching up, he wants to talk more later. We have talked in the past, we like each other but just want to get to know each other right now. I guess I have a crush. lol Crap! I don't like it, but then I do.... I'm a mess! :)

Blcarter84 01-06-2009 11:58 AM

Well ladies, another day gone in 2009 and I feel like I haven't accomplished much! I managed to eat like crap the past 2 days and today I am back on plan. Need to truly get rid of this fatola my body is holding onto.
As for my life...I have a really good friend(guy) who has a girlfriend that doesn't treat him very good and they haven't been together but a couple of months...ugh I am totally falling for him and can't have him. Darnit!! Stupid life sometimes. haha
Alright time to get down to business:)

LizzieBee 01-06-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leighish (Post 2530777)
New TBL starts tomorrow night!!! I'm so glad I won't have to watch Icky Vicky anymore!!

I can't wait to watch it!!!! So Excited!! I feel ya about Icky Vicky!!