Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #16  

Heyy guys! My internet has been sketchy for the past few days, but I caught a break and I'm able to use it at the moment.

Quick intro...I'm Courtney, I'm 24, and I'm a senior at LSU...ready to get slim n trim and win this thing!!!

Let's go ya'll!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #17  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi girls! Just checking in today, since I had my weekly weigh-in. I am very pleased to report that I am 185.0 lbs on the dot! That is 4 lbs down from last Friday! I am sooo shocked about this, because I had a bit of a pity party for myself yesterday--I know, I know, emotional eating = BIG PROBLEM, but I had an extremely crappy day. I didn't get cast in a show that I really really wanted... And I don't deal well with rejection sometimes. It was just a huge bummer, because one of the (many, many) reasons why I initially wanted to lose weight is because I felt like my weight was holding me back from getting considered for a lot of roles. Hence my username, Star2Be, cuz I wasn't a star yet, but I thought I might get the opportunity if I lost a little of my padding. So now with this most recent rejection I'm like, Okay, I got thinner, and they still don't want me. It makes me question whether I'm talented at all, and I really hate that feeling. But luckily, even though I did have a teensy bit of a binge, it was with all healthy stuff (fruit leather, whole grain crackers and SoyNut butter, etc)! I guess that's what made the difference.

Good luck getting through the weekend, everyone!! Stay strong!
Old 01-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 233/217.8/170

Height: 5'6''

Hello team,

I am so sorry that I have not been around to chat. I am a teacher and a mother so my days are pretty busy. I just wanted to let you know that although I have not been chatting I have been a workout fanatic this week, everyday but yesterday ( had a bad cold). Even though i am a little under the weather i plan to make it to the gym tonight. I have been working out about 40-60 minutes a day ( I am also in a biggest loser challenge at work, so I am completely focused). Good luck to everyone!!!!!!

GO TEAM PHOENIX!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 02:28 PM   #19  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

hi everyone just checking in--- i recently started classes on thursday so i havent been online much past few days so i appologize for that---- but i'll be checking in a lot more now===

so lets see whats new---thursday i finally made it to the gym and spent a little over an hour and a half there and did some weight lifting on the machines=--30 min elliptical ran maybe 3 laps around the place (not much but its a start in terms of running---maybe walked it 1.5 times) and did like 5/10 min on some other machines ---was totally sore yesterday from thursdays workout---didnt workout and then today - i'm getting ready to head out to shovel some snow and then maybe 30 min elliptical and maybe something else--- anyway the plan is to go to the gym at school about 4x a week for about an hour --hour and a half
Old 01-11-2009, 12:39 AM   #20  
Go Team Gryphon!

S/C/G: 190/180/127

Height: 5' 1"

Hi guys! I just thought I'd let ya'll know I won't be on until Monday, possibly late Monday, because I'm leaving tomorrow to go home from Colorado and my classes start Monday. Yikes!! Will do much better at this exercise challenge as I will again have access to my gym and won't have mom cooking heavy, will-power-sapping foods anymore. I love her but she's not good for my diet! Good luck everyone!

~ Dara ~

Last edited by CurvyEnglishChick; 01-11-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:06 AM   #21  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 300(+).not sure. 160

Sorry so late guys!! I totally forgot about the BL thread!! Well my name is Jacqueline- Rose, I'm 21, and looking for work. I've been off and on with weightloss, and havent really found my niche to sticking to it yet. My highest weight I have ever been is 320 (and thats a guesstimate since i dont have a scale currently). I started my weight loss journey on 12.15.08, got Off Plan 12.31.08, and now I'm trying again. haha. My long-term weight loss goal is 160. Go Team Pheonix!!
Old 01-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #22  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

curvy - I would love to be our leader. Being self employed leaves me a lot of time in front of the computer... distracting myself from what I SHOULD be doing lol. Hey you were in COlorado? Thats my stomping grounds. I actually live in Wyoming but travel to CO for about 99% of my work.

Courtney - Thats right, slim, trim and WIN!!! Welcome to the group!

star2b - 4 lbs down?! That is absolutely fabulous! I can feel for you regarding rejection. I am a wedding photographer and every time I meet with a potential client only to have them go with someone else I feel as if the world has chewed me up and spit me out lol. I am such a drama queen. What if another great production comes along, one you wouldnt have even been able to audition for had you gotten this one? Your such a hard worker hun it will pay off there is a plan for you!

motiv8me - Sound slike you ARE completely focused. People always talk about celebrities and how amazing it is they stay so fit. I say phoey its the moms that are fit that impress the **** out of me. Now thats a hectic schedule.

princess2323 - Man you told that gym who is boss lol. Are you wanting to start getting into running? Its addicting but totally great for reshaping your body.

Crazy Hopeful - Welcome to the group. I hope we can help you to find the things you need to stick with it. I can tell you from experience one of the things that helps me most is checking in here everyday.

As for me...

I had a good weekend. Friday night we went to Chilis, I had soup and Salad with water to drink. Satirday and Sunday I was also on track. Last night I went to the rec and ran the hardest I ever have. Prior to last night the longest I could run without stopping to walk was 5 minutes. Last night I pushed myself and got to 8... Next time I am going for 10. I weighed in over the weekend and am now a proud 136.

Worked on my website and got it absolultely perfect. I got an inquiry from New York for a wedding in the fall which thrilled me beyond belief.

I am officially making a pact with myself to workout everyday until February 8th. I am having some boudoir pics done for my husbands gift. People say diamonds are forever... PICTURES are forever. I don't want to have anything flopping around to say the least. Lingerie is so not forgiving!
Old 01-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #23  
Abe's Mom

Yeah Stephanie I just might start doing that couch 25K thing= i've tried it twice now and just cant get motivated to go past the first week---so i just have to learn to push myself harder ---anyway--- i just came back from the gym spent a little over an hour ---did elliptical 30 min and weight for about another 30-45 min
Old 01-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #24  
Lose that Baby Weight!

princess2323 - Great job at the gym. I liked the first part of the c25k then it started progressing too fast for me personally.

As for me...

Last nights dinner wasn't healthy AT ALL, but I exercised portion control for sure. In the grand scheme of things wasn't even a set back. I did get mt butt to the gym even though my hubby didnt want to go. Put in 30 mins of really hard eliptical work. 2 for 2 so far after vowing to go the gym every day till Vday.

Where are all my other ladies at?
Old 01-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #25  
Abe's Mom

gym again today--day 3 now did 30 min ellptical and 30 min machine weights
Old 01-14-2009, 12:15 AM   #26  
Go Team Gryphon!

Hi ladies! I finally got my new computer running on the university internet system---such a pain in the neck! Well, I have no good news to report. I am still weighing in at my start weight of 183. Argh!! Tomorrow I have class allllll day but will work in AT LEAST 30 mins. of walking (and hopefully something else) and Thursday will include a yoga class and some gym work. Yay to getting back on plan!!!

Stephanie: I was in CO, Colorado Springs to be exact. It is soooo pretty there, but it was my first time experiencing snow! I was a bit wary of it at first, I really didn't wanna slip and fall on my @$$, but we had a lot of fun!

Good luck this week to everyone!

~ Dara ~
Old 01-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #27  

Ughh...it's been so stressful, and it's only TUESDAY! I started school yesterday...this is going to be the most stressful semester of all! I just keep telling myself that I graduate in 4 months...I can make it!

I'm not even going to go into everything I'm faced with, but as long as I can stay sane, I'll be ok.

I was able to do my grocery shopping today, and went all out at the produce market. I got all sorts of fresh veggies and fruit and am about to start on my meal plan for the rest of the week!

I made taco soup for dinner tonight, which is incredible! Except that it's left me a little gassy...
Old 01-14-2009, 10:36 AM   #28  
Lose that Baby Weight!

princess2323 - Your killing it a the gym. Way to keep up with it. I'm expecting a big loss out of you come Monday.

Dara - Get back on that plan girly! Colorado Springs is beautiful, I've shot a couple of weddings there and just fell in love with the city right in the middle of wooded trees and majestic mountains. I lived in CO my whole life and I am still scared I'm going to fall on my a$$ lol. What kind of yoga do you do? Hatha puts me to sleep. I used to do a hot vinyasa (spelling?) which I LOVED! They kept the room at a crazy hot temp. Brought all the toxins out...

Courtney - 4 months... 4 months... you can do it! Thats nothing Well yeah I know easier said than done. I wish I was smart enough to have a meal plan. I do pretty good but really never know what I'm going to eat. Sometimes it gets me in trouble... Myhusband makes a fat free tortilla soup that I bet is similar. Love the stuff but agree on the side effect lol.

As for me...

Got distracted last night by American Idol. Didn't get to the gym phooey! Eating was OP and tonight will be better. I have to work till 5 then I am going to go to my ballet class. After that I have a meeting with the city gymnastics club about taking the photos for some upcoming meets. I'm excited and it should go well. I want to be ambitious and get a little bit of ab work in before I go to bed. These flabdominals aren't going to shape themselves?!?! What?!?!
Old 01-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #29  

Stephanie---You got to watch it?? I had to miss American Idol because of a group project meeting!! GrrR...

I'm excited to be back at school because the gym I have a membership to has little TVs on all the cardio equipment. I'm going to have to plan my workouts around my favorite shows to give me more motivation to go...to do 2 things at once! Haha
Old 01-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #30  
Go Team Gryphon!

Hi guys!!

To everyone else who started back to school recently: I feel your pain!! It's not easy, but we can do it!!

CrazyHopeful: Hi! Welcome to the group!

Courtney: I'm graduating in four months as well--YAY! I'm trying to take it one day at a time while keeping that glorious date of May 9th in mind. I can't wait to have my MA!!

Princess2323: I'm jealous of your energy--where do you get it?? Can you share? I can barely do FIVE minutes on the elliptical. LOL

Stephanie: I'm not sure what kind of yoga it is to be honest. I usually go to the beginner class, but there's also Power & Core classes. I also love spin class. I can fit it in on Mondays and Fridays, so I'm making it a point to add those classes to my schedule.

To everyone I would like to sprinkle some

~ Dara ~
Closed Thread